2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Still plugging away on my yarn eater... LOL  I used up a skein and five balls this week!  :yay

WTD +7 / YTD +81 week ending 10/12/2013

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I bought an afghan at goodwill this week. I am working on rolling it into different colored balls. My question is theballs are so big they seem more like a full skein. Should I just count them as skeins. Also should I count them this week ending 10/12 or wait till next week?

Hi I bought an afghan at goodwill this week. I am working on rolling it into different colored balls. My question is theballs are so big they seem more like a full skein. Should I just count them as skeins. Also should I count them this week ending 10/12 or wait till next week?

A ball is a ball is a ball - doesn't matter how big it is.  Just like a skein is a skein is a skein.  The little ones count the same as the big ones.  :)  It looks to me like scores haven't been posted yet, so if you want to count them this week go ahead!  :)  Hope that helps... :hug

A ball is a ball is a ball - doesn't matter how big it is. Just like a skein is a skein is a skein. The little ones count the same as the big ones. :) It looks to me like scores haven't been posted yet, so if you want to count them this week go ahead! :) Hope that helps... :hug

Thanks crabby rat!

6 skeins for a baby 'ghan and 13 balls afghan from Goodwill frogged

WTD: -25

YTD: -25

Thanks crabby rat!

6 skeins for a baby 'ghan and 13 balls afghan from Goodwill frogged

WTD: +25

YTD: +25

You're welcome!!  Just remember, if you're ADDING to your stash, you have to SUBTRACT from your score... :hug

since there was no shoot the moon winner last week and it looks like it's me for this week I will do the scores......

For the week ending  October 12, 2013

Gold Medal         crabby rat  +7

Sliver Medal    (3 way tie)....Ellie13, Just-in, Shining_Star ....+4

Holding steady

tnkycrochetnut        0

Addicted2pattern    0

new yarn bag

bigpinkpolkadot      -2

new yarn tote

greyhound grandma      -22

Braxxi                             -24

Krazy Crocheter             -25

and time for a jumbo new tote, 

shoot the moon winner           mva5493                -36

finishing up a baby afghan today, working on the last round of the border had to open up a second skein of turquoise blue, only a small bit of it left, so its not quite +2, but it will be.

two beautiful skeins of Madeline Tosh merino dk arrived with the days mail,  it's so pretty I don't mind the -4 :devil ,  I did finish the afghan and did  finish the skein +2 and have now started a sweater.  rolled a skein of sock yarn into two balls so I can work on the second sock. +1  finished up  a skein making dishcloths for my mother in law +2.........so far productive week and it's only Tuesday.  Hope it continues.......

I know it's Thursday already, but everyone is safe to do about as much yarn shopping as they want this week. I went to ShopKo today and found all of Lion Brand Tweed Stripes on clearance...$1.49 a skein! Needless to say, being the clearance yarn junkie that I am, I bought all they had! 126 SKEINS! I'm on a yarn high! So much for being proud of the bow of yarn I used up a couple weeks ago. LOL!!!

Posting now because I have too much going on this afternoon to use any more yarn...not like it would matter anyway! Going to the moon this week!

WTD -248

YTD -740

Archived