2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Already used up a skein. I've had some Peacock colored yarn saved back to make me something and finally settled on making myself a wrap. I am basically just winging it. I found a neat stitch pattern chart and used that for the bottom of the wrap, now I'm alternating stitches to make the rest interesting.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more balls used up & another pet bed made....+11.

2 skeins used in a shawl. Love those little skeins, plus it uses two strands; only slow down is being a fine weight.

+15 so far this week.

I had to laugh at two of the skeins that had been given to me that I used in the pet bed. One had $ .68 and the other .89 printed on the labels.

Used up a skein tonight so that makes my count to 0...until my order comes in a few days. I plan on using up another in a few days. I've got to hook more as I have several projects to make for xmas...it is closing in on me rather quickly...

I'm posting now because my daughter (who is 10) and her little friend (who is 9) have been planning a Dinner Party for tomorrow afternoon/evening, so I'm sure I'll be getting things ready for that and be busy with things not crochet-related...  I've been ball-busting this week...   :lol  I've used up 11 balls and tossed 4 (it was a sad ceremony, but the poor things were just beyond hope) so my total this week is.....

WTD +17 / YTD +104

week ending 11/02/2013

Yeah!  Check out that YTD score - it's OVER 100!!!  Woooo!!   :yay   :cheer

I bought 4 skeins of nylon thread today to go with some I have. One of those projects where I don't have any idea how much thread it will take, so I got some more when I saw it. Which leaves me at....

WTD +15 / YTD -164

ordered yarn for a sweater I want to make, and picked up some I was looking for to go with some I found at big lots from another ravelry member.  I also picked up some discontinued yarn on ebay that hasn't come in yet but I am going to claim it now so I can try for something positive next week.  I took a broomstick lace class at my lys and purchased yarn for that.  On the bright side I have been working on a cowl from that yarn and have used up the two skeins I purchased.  so my damage for this week.......

27 skeins purchased...........-54

2 skeins used up                   +4

WTD:-50

YTD:-368

I broke even this week!  I used up a skein on my sweater, but bought a skein of sock yarn at the New England Fiber Festival, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -22

scores for the week ending November 2, 2013

Gold Medal    Crabbyrat   +17

Silver medal  Greyhound grandma  +15

Bronze  Pineknott  +5

using up yarn

just-in   +4

shining_star   +4

prettywoman030981  +3

holding steady 

pblknp   0

bigpinkpolkadot   0

playing with new yarn

addicted2patterns     -16

off to the moon once again (so fast I should have whiplash)

mva5493   -50

I used up a skein yesterday on a new project. Still have a couple of rows to go on the wrap, but it won't finish off any more skeins. If my Annie's order gets here this week, I'll be seriously in the negatives, but that yarn is for some more Oasis Wraps, and the pattern goes pretty quickly (and part of them are for Christmas presents)......+2.

starting off this week using up a little bit of yarn.  I have added 2 sections on dh afghan (one that should have been finished long ago).  it's double stranded so it eats yarn.  I have used up 4  balls this morning.  hoping to get at least another section done today, but for the moment I am switching projects so that I can work on my socks as well as a sweater that needs some attention.  back later with an update.

happy stitching!

Used another skein of nylon thread....+4.

And another....+6.

It looks like my Annie's package is not going to be here until the middle of next week even though it's just coming from Texas, so maybe I'll make it though one more week in the positive.

Archived