2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

So far I bought 1 skein and used up 2. But I need to buy at least 1 to finish a scoodie I am making. I am hoping to use up another one by this weekend on the blanket I am making for xmas.

Bought 2 skeins today for the scoodie. So back in the negative.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting early. Possible ice storm conditions headed this way and MUCH to do this weekend to get ready for Christmas. Hope we don't lose power because I have some cooking (to freeze until Christmas) that I want to get done. So I don't anticipate any change in score....

WTD -4

I just checked on my JoAnn's order, and it's still "in process" so I don't anticipate receiving it this week... perhaps next week, though.  I should probably get busy hooking something in the mean time... LOL

My yarn hasn't arrived yet... (whew!) and I didn't even TOUCH my hooks this week.  (Ugh!)  LOL

WTD +0 / YTD +108 week ending 12/07/2013

my totals this week......  knit picks order 21 skeins.....-42

but I have been stitching this week so I have used up a few skeins.  got one skein and one ball in my sweater, now at the hem so the only thing left is the sleeves.  +3

Used 2 skeins on the baby blanket that is now finished!  +4

used 2 balls on dh afghan...this thing is now a yarn eating monster, it's huge but also close to the end one more section and then a border and it will be done!

working on a few xmas gifts  so far used up one ball  +1

so total damage this week..........

WTD:-36

working in the scores now so if there is anyone else that hasn't posted scores there is still time to get it in.

my totals this week......  knit picks order 21 skeins.....-42

but I have been stitching this week so I have used up a few skeins.  got one skein and one ball in my sweater, now at the hem so the only thing left is the sleeves.  +3

Used 2 skeins on the baby blanket that is now finished!  +4

used 2 balls on dh afghan...this thing is now a yarn eating monster, it's huge but also close to the end one more section and then a border and it will be done!

working on a few xmas gifts  so far used up one ball  +1

so total damage this week..........

WTD:-36

working in the scores now so if there is anyone else that hasn't posted scores there is still time to get it in.

I think you might want to double-check your math...

Purchases = -42

Sweater = +3

Baby Blanket = +4

DH Afghan = +2

XMas gifts = +1

That's +10 all together, which would make your final score -32... ;)  I just don't want you to lose whatever you've earned... :hug

for the week ending December 7,2013

Gold Medal               Just-in    +16

Silver Medal              Shining_star   +8

Bronze Medal            Pineknott   +4

honorable mention......Pblknp   +2

holding steady

crabby rat              0

a little something new

Addicted2patterns      -2

prettywoman03081     -3

greyhoundgrandma    -4

vikingrunnergirl           -4

Braxxi                          -8

Bigpinkpolkadot        -16

Shoot the Moon Winner

Mva5493                    -36

My JoAnn's order has shipped, and it's scheduled to arrive Wednesday... that will be 10 skeins arriving here... so you know you have that much wiggle room... LOL

My JoAnn's order has shipped, and it's scheduled to arrive Wednesday... that will be 10 skeins arriving here... so you know you have that much wiggle room... LOL

Too bad my Mary Maxim order won't come this week! I ordered on the 29th and it hasn't shipped yet.

My order arrived yesterday, just as predicted... LOL  I have done some hooking, but not enough (yet) to make any kind of dent in the damage, so it looks very much like everyone here as a 20 point cushion... :)

My order arrived yesterday, just as predicted... LOL  I have done some hooking, but not enough (yet) to make any kind of dent in the damage, so it looks very much like everyone here as a 20 point cushion... :)

I emailed Mary Maxim today. My order from 11/29 still hasn't been shipped. So I won't be able to take advantage of your cushion!

I emailed Mary Maxim today. My order from 11/29 still hasn't been shipped. So I won't be able to take advantage of your cushion!

Well that's a bummer!  That's quite a wait - is that normal?  I've never ordered from MM before so I don't know what's normal for them.  I placed my order on the 2nd, and it was here the 11th from JoAnn.  Shipped from Wisconsin Monday, so it took them a week to pull the yarn off the shelf, toss it in a box, and get it out the door.  Then just two days to get here.  :)  I think that was the first time I've ever ordered from them, too!  LOL

Purchases = -42

Sweater = +3

Baby Blanket = +4

DH Afghan = +2

XMas gifts = +1

That's +10 all together, which would make your final score -32... ;)  I just don't want you to lose whatever you've earned... :hug

i missed the two balls....

Purchases = -42

Sweater = +3

Baby Blanket = +4

DH Afghan = +2

XMas gifts = +1

you are right..thanks...so my edited total would be -32....

Archived