2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I had missed posting for this weeks scores but looks like I made it. We traveled to visit family this weekend and lo and behold my grandmothers had cleaned out craft stuff. The total damage in the 2 boxes I was sent home with is 35 miscellaneous balls and 22 full or parial skeins. -79. I did manage to roll 2 skeins into balls and finish 1 off completely on the road though. +4

Totals for week ending 12/21/13:

WTD: -75

YTD: -594

Score for week ending 12/21/13

Gold Medal Winner: mva5493 +32

Silver Medal Winner: Braxxi +12

Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +4

Addicted2patterns +2

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

crabby rat 0

prettywoman030981 0

greyhoundgrandma -8

VikingRunnerGirl -12

and with a very impressive score:

Shoot the Moon Winner: Shining_Star -75

:ty Mona!  I was just jotting everything down; it was a very busy day today.  We had a visitation to attend, and then my Grandma had her Christmas "shindig" today as well, and we just got home a few minutes ago... I do appreciate you jumping in and taking care of this for me!  Sorry I was running behind... :hug

Oh, by the way - my score is a big fat zero for the week... LOL

Hit me up if you need someone to cover for you sometime!!  :hug

I haven't been here since Thanks Giving! Between then and now It's been busy at the market, I had to work extra hours (more $$ = more :yarn ). The 3 times I've gone to the library, I couldn't get on (once, the sysetm was down, no computers :sigh ). In the last 2 weeks we've had 2 :2snow storms, some :2rain and I was :sick one day.  I didn't go any where after work, but I did a lot of :crocheting. I used 1 ball and rolled down a 3.5 oz. skein of green making wreath pins (+2). I uesd 5 balls making squares for Warm Up America (+5). I have 8 done, want to have at least 20 by Jan, 25th.

WTD: + 7   YTD:  + 90

Ellie 13

:wreath  MERRY CHRISTMAS :ctree

Hope everyone is having a good holiday!

Reminder: This is the last full week of the month, so please post both your WTD and YTD scores this week. These will be the final scores for the year.

The new stashbusting thread for 2014 is up, so come on over and join and keep the stashbusting going in the new year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  I haven't been around much, been very busy.

WTD:  +2  YTD:  +137

Hope all of you have a great New Year!  I will be joining the Stashbusting 2014.

I didn't do as well as I had hopes for at the beginning of the year, but keeping track of my purchases over the last year has made me more aware of just how much yarn I purchase.  So this CAL has been fun and educational at the same time.........  I am planning on "going cold sheep" in 2014.  I realize there will be times when I need to purchase a skein to finish a project, but I do not plan to buy just to be buying in 2014.  It's going to be a challenge, but I want to try to get it under control.  I do plan to stock up if knit picks does their big sale on black friday/cyber monday  but no impulse buying other than that.  and speaking of impulse buying, knowing my cold sheep starts in a few days, I has a free shipping coupon for Jimmy Beans, so I did purchase 4 skeins, 2 of which are to finish my sweater as I was running low on that yarn.  I also purchased yarn for a sock knit along that starts January 2, and 2 more skeins for socks I want to make after the knit a long.  so the final score for 2013 is.........\

purchases ..........8 skeins.....-16

used 2 balls on dh's afghan  +2, one ball on my sweater sleeve+1  , 1 skein on a cowl.  +2   +5

WTD: -11  YTD:-435...

Happy New Year!!!!    

Archived