2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

For some reason, the prayer shawl I was working on was coming out wonky.  I must not have been paying enough attention to my row end counts.  Anyway, I ripped it out last night and started over, but the way I rolled the yarn was also messed up because I ended up with a huge tangle of yarn barf.  Yuck!  I finally got one skein saved, but the next one is still giving me a fight.  I think I must still be recovering from Thanksgiving and not thinking straight.  Awful!   :thair   Anyway...

For week ending Nov. 30, 2013:

WTD:  0  /  YTD:  -111

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ellie 13: So jealous! What a windfall! :D

I also have been working but not using stuff up. I made good progress on the centerpiece for my wedding gift afghan! I did roll one skein that'd been laying around for ages into a ball (and then I used some of it, too!)

WTD +1, YTD -63

No crocheting this week.   :(  I was very tempted to get some yarn from JoAnn's but I didn't act fast enough and missed the free shipping on any amount, so that saved me... LOL

WTD +0 / YTD +108 week ending 11/30/2013

my totals for the week and month........

more yarn arrived so  purchases.....-25

but I have been stitching as well  used up 3 skeins on a baby blanket, two skeins on my sweater, and 2 balls on hubby's afghan.....+12

so total is WTD:-13,  YTD:-417

working on the weekly and monthly totals.........need to go out for a bit will do the totals around 4 or 5.....

scores for the week ending November 30,2013.........

Gold........Just-in   +9

Silver......Shining-star    +6

Bronze....prettywoman030981, vikingrunnergirl  ...+1  (tie)

holding steady     

Pblknp    0

pineknott   0

bigpinkpolkadot   0

crabbyrat     0

just one more skein

greyhoundgrandma    -2

Ellie                             -2

new project maybe??

Addicted2patterns       -6

frequent flyer......aka  

Shoot the Moon Winner.........

mva5493      -13

monthly totals....

Gold.........Pineknott   +112

Silver......crabbyrat     +108

Bronze.....Ellie  +83

using up yarn.....

prettywoman030981     +23

a little something new......

pblknp                              -44

vikingrunnergirl                -63

pigpinkpolkadot              -111

Just-in                            -113

greyhoundgrandma        -195

addicted2patterns          -208

mva5493                        -417

Shoot the Moon Winner

Shining_Star              -523

Valerie--thanks for doing both sets of scores.

This may be a bad week for my scores. I have 5 skeins coming in from two orders and  then I ordered a kit--don't know how many skeins in it--this weekend. Not sure what will get here this week. If I have jury duty Tuesday, I'll definitely be taking a project to work on. Looks like I won't end the year under -200!

Okay, I did it.  It's the 2nd of December, and I have made my first yarn purchase of the year... I just ordered 10 skeins.  It says 5 - 7 business days before arrival, so I don't know when it will get here... but you all know you have a cushion of 20 points coming up soon... LOL

I tried and failed to resist the big sale at knit picks.....so not sure if it will all be here this weeks (maybe saturday)  but I have 27 skeins of yarn total.  so a bit of a cushion if anyone wants to take advantage of it.

trying to minimize my damage by doing lots of stitching this week (and I need to work on xmas gifts too).  I have finished off one skein on my sweater (it's moving along nicely now, not to far from the hem, leaving only the sleeves to be stitched once I finish the part I am currently working on).  also finishing up a baby blanket  just have the border left on it (that will use up 2 more skeins).  I am thinking about cowls for several family members. so much to do so little time......... 

yarn is at the post office so I suppose I will be counting most of it this week.   I have been stitching at bit, 2 skeins used in the baby blanket (it's finished), finished up ball on my sweater.  about to cast on a skein for a cowl.  planning on a few of these as xmas gifts....busy busy fingers....

Archived