2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one yarn package in the mail today...but only one skein.  working on DH afghan and my sweater this week used up 2 skeins so far on the sweater and working through another section on the afghan, when it is finished that will be two more skeins.  also working on a cowl in chunky yarn that I hope to get finished before Saturday evening,  so many projects in my head,  I hardly know where to begin.......

My score is not nearly as impressive as it was last week... LOL  I only managed to use up a ball.  But hey, it's still forward motion, right?   :rofl

WTD +1 / YTD +105 week ending 11/09/2013

purchased 2 more skeins of yarn for the sweater I am planning to do when the current one is finished, plus 2 more skeins that were on sale.  one skein purchased from a fellow ravelry member that I love the color on and plan to make a shawl in 2014 with.  so purchases  5 skeins= -10

used a few skeins stitching this week...4 balls on dh's afghan and 2 on the sweater currently on my needles  +8

also gave some simply soft to a member of my yarn group 4 skeins =+8

so totals.....

WTD:+6   YTD:-362

for the week ending November 9,2013

Gold medal :  Pineknott, Prettywoman030981   +8    It's a tie

Sliver:  Mva5493  +6

bronze:  Pblknp , Bigpinkpolkadot +2  another tie

using up yarn:

Crabbyrat   +1

holding steady:

Shining_star     0

something new

Braxxi  -4

Vikingrunnergirl  -8

Shoot the moon winner

Greyhoundgrandma    -22

trying to finish up a few things this week, but have been shopping online again so maybe I can minimize the damage by getting my fingers moving, lol.  So far I used up one skein of chunky yarn on a quick broomstick lace cowl.  working on the edging of a baby blanket that should have been done long ago.  I started it when my nice was expecting and the baby is about  1 1/2 now (it was curling on the edges and I didn't want to rip it out to fix it)  I haven't ripped it out, just increasing until it lays if not perfectly flat at least enough that I can live with it.  Still working on my sweater that really needs lots of love this week.  supposed to be finished by friday (not sure that is gonna happen, but I am gonna try positive thinking).

Picked up a skein of grey today that I need for an ornament pattern...-7. Unless I switch projects I won't be making any positive progress this week as I'm working on a baby afghan from a 10.5 oz skein that looks more like a pound and a half!

I am having some health problems and have had them for some time now.  Nothing to do with my breast cancer but with my right leg. I am getting ready to start taking some new medicine to see if it helps.  Because of this medicine I will not be able to spend as much time as I have in the past on the computer.  I would feel more comfortable if someone or several of our members could take over the monitoring of this CAL.  It is a fun one and I have had a ball with it.  Plus it makes me think twice when I go to buy yarn.  Darn it.  It looks like I am going to end this year in the negative again. :shrug

Been a slow week for me.  I did manage to use up two balls and had to throw one away.  Also, I'd be happy to help out here as well.  Just let me know what I can do!  Perhaps I can post monthly scores or something?  I know that's extremely generous, seeing as there are only two months left this year... :rofl

Sending you healing prayers and positive thoughts, Kathy!  (aka tnkycrochetnut)

2013 Stashbusting CAL: WTD +3 / YTD +108 week ending 11/16/2013

Archived