Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better right now. I hope they're able to figure out the cause of the headaches soon; that's so scary.  :no

Please try not to feel bad about not getting squares out! We've all had times when we're unable to work on stuff for many reasons, and medical reasons are right up there. If yarning relaxes you and helps you feel better, then go for it, but if it's just another added pressure just remind yourself that we all care about you and we want you to put your health first. I know it's hard not to feel guilty when you first join the thread and then something comes up (I did it too!) but we really do understand; nobody's going to be mad at you for not "squaring" if you don't feel up to it. Take care of yourself!  :hug  :hug  :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

yarn_monkey, it looks like the birthday party was a hit.

snowbear, glad to hear you're feeling a little better, I hope you get some answers soon.

Hey, I am glad you all understand. My headaches comes and goes. It affects my eyes sometime. Then there time I just have to stay in bed most of the day.  Its hard at times to know what to do. Crocheting does relax me a little. But sometimes my head hurts. I can't focus on what I am doing.  Thanks everyone. Love you all! :manyheart  :ty

Yarnmonkey, you all look so delighted!! and might I add, you have a darling little family there, and that baby, what a doll!!

Hi CAROL, and Viking, you said what I thought, thank you , but you must stay out of my head, lol Snowbear, seriously, don't fret about it, just come in now and then and let us know how you are, fuggetabout da squares for now, lol. there's plenty of time when you feel better!!

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better right now. I hope they're able to figure out the cause of the headaches soon; that's so scary.  :no

Please try not to feel bad about not getting squares out! We've all had times when we're unable to work on stuff for many reasons, and medical reasons are right up there. If yarning relaxes you and helps you feel better, then go for it, but if it's just another added pressure just remind yourself that we all care about you and we want you to put your health first. I know it's hard not to feel guilty when you first join the thread and then something comes up (I did it too!) but we really do understand; nobody's going to be mad at you for not "squaring" if you don't feel up to it. Take care of yourself!  :hug  :hug  :hug

I hope dragnladys little man is doing well at home too, and recovering quickly with all that love!!

nothing much else to report, been a lazy day, and haven't accomplished much, but the day is still rather young, so there is hope for me, lol SOOO windy out, sheesh, I went out earlier for died coke, and cat food, lol, and the wind in the parking lot of the store, about blew me over!! I struggled to the cart rack, hanging onto it as I went, grabbed a cart to hand on to, to anchor me down, now this is no lie!! the Wind swoooped up again, and darn near turned the cart over sideways, taking me with it, sheesh,,,,,,coming out, it had seemed to die down a bit, cause I didn't have any trouble getting to the car, course the cart was heavier, laded down with a case of diet coke, and canned food!! but sheesh, I tell ya!! It's always stronger up there, cause they are on such a hill, but today, was the worst I have seen it up there!! No wonder the store wasn't busy, lol

ok,now i am worried, i pm'd sopo a week or two ago, no answer, has anyone seen or heard from  her, i do hope she and her friend too, as he was not doing well the last we heard, are ok, and all is well, I do wish we could hear from her, I don't know if she is on facebook, but I am not, so if anyone knows how to reach her and see if she is doing ok, please do it and let us know, thanks.....

this isn't like her to stay away, with no warning, so hoping she pops in soon!

oh, the ghan, the pink rr 12 point, got delivered yesterday, and my friend went bananas over it, she had never seen a rr before!! and this one, she just adored it!! Said it was the prettiest one I have ever made, and it's going to her great grand daughter, as everyone else it seems in her family, has one designed, and made by me, lol Needless to say, it was a hit, you all were right, she loved it!! so thanks!!

Its just feels like I am letting you all down. Thats all.

Love Arlene :cry

oh, if too you havne't picked your charity for April, can be local, or something here on the ville, anything, but wanted to just add, there is a maybe two gals on here, that collect for a nicu unit, one is Segi1974, and the other I think is badrhinogillett, or something very similar, Segi1974 collects baby hats,and baby ghans,or baby things, as does  Badrhino, i think is the ghans...two very good options, also Ann of course is still accepting scarves for her charity, and oh there are more to chose from, so hope you have yours picked out the first of April, lol as that is what we all decided on for April, a charity month... Iknow Iwill be making some squares too, for sandra's cause as well..

I may very well, make some hats, maybe a scarf or two, and or another ghan or two, and send to a couple good causes on here,and or locally, so March is almost gone ladies, time to pick your charity, and name your goal!!! thanks all, this will be a wonderful boost to some of these charities!! and charity makes you feel good too!!!!! I will list your name, your goal, (1 baby ghan 2 hats etc) on the first post, and where you are making them for!! so everyone can see what a good cause you chose, and might want to do something for your chairty as well!! happy hookin, and goodluck narrowing down some good causes!!

we understand how you feel arlene, we have all been there, and felt the same, but don't let it influence your visits, we still want to hear from you, lol

In fact, in the first post, it most definately says, you don't have to make squares, to recieve some!!

so far, i have discovered, several gals collecting things for their charity on the ville here,

and will list them in case anyone is interested. If interested,I would pm them for details, thanks....

Grannyannie, scarves for abused women, Compastionate Creations.

Owlvamp,still collecting for her rainbow bright ghans

Segi1974, baby hats, and ghans for the nicu unit.

Badrhinogillet,  baby ghans or baby related things i think for the nicu also.

just a few I found browsing around, if anyone has any to add, lemme know, thanks. .

Love the baby blankets! I think those and chemo caps will be my focus for April.  :yes

I really hope they're wrong because I just won't be able to handle it. Especially if I can't remember to take my allergy meds! Lol

Well today was the big day and I am exhausted! I couldn't sleep last night... went to bed about 11:30 last night and woke up at 4 and tossed and turned and up and down and I just couldn't shut my brain off. I think I was too busy thinking about what all still had to be done to be able to sleep. 

Everything went really well! We had almost 20 people in this house and it was packed. We had 7 last minute cancellations and considering the space, it was probably a good thing! Peanut loved his cake that Sister made him. He ate at least half of it... well, had half of it IN him and ON him! Lol! He got lots of new toys and new clothes and he's a very loved little boy! 

I finally got pictures of the amigurumi I made him but I'm falling asleep typing so I'll post that in a thread tomorrow. I do have a couple pictures of the birthday boy though!  :D

attachicon.gifSAM_0411.JPG

He destroyed that cake! He even had icing in his hair!  :lol

attachicon.gifSAM_0648.JPG

Sister, Peanut and Auntie ... All 3 had a really good day!!  :manyheart

I'll be back tomorrow to do a little more catching up. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!  :ghug

Oh wow!!! LOL, That is great... Look at that mess! Little Tribble wanted nothing to do with his cake, and never did dig into anything like that. He has always been such a picky eater and doesn't like to get his hands/face dirty. 

we understand how you feel arlene, we have all been there, and felt the same, but don't let it influence your visits, we still want to hear from you, lol

In fact, in the first post, it most definately says, you don't have to make squares, to recieve some!!

I'm sorry you have been feeling down Arlene! I hope that the headaches get better. I know that my migraines when I was having them frequently caused lots of problems and they still at times interfere with my vision! Black spots etc... They are horrible, hope they figure out what yours are!

Also, I havn't been able to make any squares either, I still don't have the colors that everyone likes, my yarn collection is VERY small and havn't been able to increase it enough to fullfill what everyone is looking for, but I will one of these days!!! I am also not very confident in my square making abilities so I am still working on that also (in the process of making squares to make a Minecraft My little Pony cross. We will see how it turns out....) 

Otherwise, nothing new here! 

I cooked hamburgers for supper and green beans and corn. Didn't do much else today but sleep as I worked last night and had to come in to work tonight also!

We have to go register Little Tribble for Kindergarten on Monday and Mr.Tribble has surgery on Wednesday - but other than that I think that is all that I must do this week so hoping to get a lot of crocheting done!!! YAY!!! Might even take it with me at the hospital and work on it. Of course that will only be if Little Tribble cooperates, but as long as I take my tablet for him to play with, I am sure he will be pretty good..

Hey everyone, I am feeling a little better. Went to DR. Don't know anything yet about these headaches. Go to Orthopedic when my DR makes an appt. Still waiting to see a neurologists. Thats in May. Can't make no earlier appt. Just letting you all know whats going on. OK. Sorry about the squares I haven't sent out. 

:hug  :manyheart  :hug  :manyheart

Yarnmonkey, you all look so delighted!! and might I add, you have a darling little family there, and that baby, what a doll!!

Hi CAROL, and Viking, you said what I thought, thank you , but you must stay out of my head, lol Snowbear, seriously, don't fret about it, just come in now and then and let us know how you are, fuggetabout da squares for now, lol. there's plenty of time when you feel better!!

I hope dragnladys little man is doing well at home too, and recovering quickly with all that love!!

nothing much else to report, been a lazy day, and haven't accomplished much, but the day is still rather young, so there is hope for me, lol SOOO windy out, sheesh, I went out earlier for died coke, and cat food, lol, and the wind in the parking lot of the store, about blew me over!! I struggled to the cart rack, hanging onto it as I went, grabbed a cart to hand on to, to anchor me down, now this is no lie!! the Wind swoooped up again, and darn near turned the cart over sideways, taking me with it, sheesh,,,,,,coming out, it had seemed to die down a bit, cause I didn't have any trouble getting to the car, course the cart was heavier, laded down with a case of diet coke, and canned food!! but sheesh, I tell ya!! It's always stronger up there, cause they are on such a hill, but today, was the worst I have seen it up there!! No wonder the store wasn't busy, lol

ok,now i am worried, i pm'd sopo a week or two ago, no answer, has anyone seen or heard from  her, i do hope she and her friend too, as he was not doing well the last we heard, are ok, and all is well, I do wish we could hear from her, I don't know if she is on facebook, but I am not, so if anyone knows how to reach her and see if she is doing ok, please do it and let us know, thanks.....

this isn't like her to stay away, with no warning, so hoping she pops in soon!

oh, the ghan, the pink rr 12 point, got delivered yesterday, and my friend went bananas over it, she had never seen a rr before!! and this one, she just adored it!! Said it was the prettiest one I have ever made, and it's going to her great grand daughter, as everyone else it seems in her family, has one designed, and made by me, lol Needless to say, it was a hit, you all were right, she loved it!! so thanks!!

Sister and I were an absolute wreck all morning and we didn't get half of the stuff done that she wanted to do for it, mainly decorations, but we were really happy with how it turned out and then we were so glad it was over! Lol! We were exhausted! Peanut had a great time though and fell asleep on the couch before the party was even over! 

I found Stephanie on Facebook and sent her a friend request. Hopefully she'll accept and I'll make sure all is well! I'll let you know if I hear anything.  :yes

oh, if too you havne't picked your charity for April, can be local, or something here on the ville, anything, but wanted to just add, there is a maybe two gals on here, that collect for a nicu unit, one is Segi7, and the other I think is badrhinogillett, or something very similar, Segi74 collects baby hats,and baby ghans,or baby things, as does  Badrhino, i think is the ghans...two very good options, also Ann of course is still accepting scarves for her charity, and oh there are more to chose from, so hope you have yours picked out the first of April, lol as that is what we all decided on for April, a charity month... Iknow Iwill be making some squares too, for sandra's cause as well..

I may very well, make some hats, maybe a scarf or two, and or another ghan or two, and send to a couple good causes on here,and or locally, so March is almost gone ladies, time to pick your charity, and name your goal!!! thanks all, this will be a wonderful boost to some of these charities!! and charity makes you feel good too!!!!! I will list your name, your goal, (1 baby ghan 2 hats etc) on the first post, and where you are making them for!! so everyone can see what a good cause you chose, and might want to do something for your chairty as well!! happy hookin, and goodluck narrowing down some good causes!!

My goal is to donate chemo caps to the cancer center my mom went to and I'd like to make blankets for Project Linus. DH, Sister, Peanut and my dad are all headed out of town Tuesday or Wednesday so I'm getting all my yarn gathered up tomorrow. You know that's the first thing I'll pack. I'll forget underwear before I forget my yarn and hooks!! I'm hoping for 3 baby blankets and 10 hats.  :)

Oh wow!!! LOL, That is great... Look at that mess! Little Tribble wanted nothing to do with his cake, and never did dig into anything like that. He has always been such a picky eater and doesn't like to get his hands/face dirty. 

I'm sorry you have been feeling down Arlene! I hope that the headaches get better. I know that my migraines when I was having them frequently caused lots of problems and they still at times interfere with my vision! Black spots etc... They are horrible, hope they figure out what yours are!

Also, I havn't been able to make any squares either, I still don't have the colors that everyone likes, my yarn collection is VERY small and havn't been able to increase it enough to fullfill what everyone is looking for, but I will one of these days!!! I am also not very confident in my square making abilities so I am still working on that also (in the process of making squares to make a Minecraft My little Pony cross. We will see how it turns out....) 

Otherwise, nothing new here! 

I cooked hamburgers for supper and green beans and corn. Didn't do much else today but sleep as I worked last night and had to come in to work tonight also!

We have to go register Little Tribble for Kindergarten on Monday and Mr.Tribble has surgery on Wednesday - but other than that I think that is all that I must do this week so hoping to get a lot of crocheting done!!! YAY!!! Might even take it with me at the hospital and work on it. Of course that will only be if Little Tribble cooperates, but as long as I take my tablet for him to play with, I am sure he will be pretty good..

At first, Peanut just went for the icing so we didn't think he'd go after the actual cake and then all of a sudden he started just taking handfuls of cake and smashing it all over his face. It was so funny to watch. I wish I could eat birthday cake that way and get away with it! Keep us updated on Mr. Tribble! I hope all goes well! 

We didn't get into much today. Dad went to lunch with an old friend and DH and I went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription and then they didn't have the other stuff I needed so off we went to Walmart, which was a mad house. I remember now why I try to not go on Sundays! Lol I made dinner and DH went off to a friend's to watch a pay per view and Dad and I are watching TV until we decide it's time for bed, which probably won't be long. 

Oh! I posted the sea critter amigurumi I made for Peanut here. I wish I had gotten a picture of him with the octopus... He grabbed it by a tentacle and just swung it around in circles and ran all around the house with it.  :lol

Well, I'm off for now. I need to check in over on the Stashbusting thread because I'm a terrible stashbuster and didn't check in yesterday after all the festivities. I hope everyone had a good weekend! I'll be back tomorrow! 

Headaches/migraines are miserable. I had migraines for like 6 years straight everyday. Most times they ran for weeks before they let up. You are right lay down and forget the world is even there. Thats what I did. I would get the children to where they needed to be and back to bed. It was crazy. There was times I could here the children chewing chips in the other room and it felt like they were right in my ear. I had it really really bad. They are so much better now. Thank goodness. I get one every so often like last night. I couldn't sleep. A little better this morning. So please don't worry about it. We all care here.

Good morning.

Hey all. Thinks are going well. We survived Spring Break.  Kids will be home soon then it is laundry dishes and supper before i have class at 3. 

Brantley is doing well. he is a cuddle bug and loves sleeping in his mommies bed. 

Between work/ school/ class and fire dept i stay pretty busy. 

Austin goes to get his cast removed Friday and see if it is gonna require surgery.

Been alot of Loss for my extended family and friends last few days. So Hearts a heavy right now. 

Snow bear. Everyone understands life takes over and sickness happens. I have made a square since December. One day i will be able to sit down and everyone will get late Birthdays lol.  Chin up my Girl. there is alot of love in the room

Snowbear :hug  :hug take care of yourself first and don't worry about squares.  We all understand that things happen.  We are glad you are part of our group and are able to let us know how you are doing.

yarn_monkey love the birthday pictures.  Sounds like a good time was had by all.

katy did you ever figure out the source of the bunny bag pattern that grannyannie used-----they were so cute.  I sort of looked around but didn't find it.  I too hope all is well with sopo.   Last time she disappeared she was gone for a long time. 

Hello!

First day back to work after spring break and then a stop at Walmart have left me a little tired tonight. I'm doing a little crocheting and then I will be sleeping.

I think I will work on a lapghan for a local nursing home for April.

wow, we are all busy picking our charities, I will list them, when I can on the first post, under the month of April, so far, only me and yarnscrapper are listed, with our goals, but i saw a couple more here, like cshort.  and yarn monkey, I will need to post later...

thanks for looking up sopo on facebook, I don't do facebook, but I hope all is well.. and what cute little sea critters, and peanut is sooo thrilled with them,i love them all yarnmonkey!!

Brenda, nope, never found that those baskets Brenda, granny annie probably used a bought pattern,they are sure cute, i was thinking brunch bunch, lol maybe we'll ask her when we see her again 

chshort, making a lap ghan for the nursing home is a good one,

so are chemo caps yarnmonkey, good thinking,I will post those for you both, first page, under april, check it out, lol

hi all, I had a nice long post but it disappeared not once, but twice :( Ive been thinking of you all even though I had not posted in a few days. I need to catch up on posts, but wont get to it today. Just to update, I went shooting yesterday. My first time ever. I would have to say that its not all that bad. I kinda really enjoyed it, actually. :) 

:hug to all, see you later :hug

I found the pattern grannyannie used! It's a paid pattern from ePattern Central. Pattern here. Only $3.29 so it's probably one of the cheapest paid patterns I've seen. 

Hey all. Thinks are going well. We survived Spring Break.  Kids will be home soon then it is laundry dishes and supper before i have class at 3. 

Brantley is doing well. he is a cuddle bug and loves sleeping in his mommies bed. 

Between work/ school/ class and fire dept i stay pretty busy. 

Austin goes to get his cast removed Friday and see if it is gonna require surgery.

Been alot of Loss for my extended family and friends last few days. So Hearts a heavy right now. 

Snow bear. Everyone understands life takes over and sickness happens. I have made a square since December. One day i will be able to sit down and everyone will get late Birthdays lol.  Chin up my Girl. there is alot of love in the room

:hug  for the family!!  :manyheart

Hello!

First day back to work after spring break and then a stop at Walmart have left me a little tired tonight. I'm doing a little crocheting and then I will be sleeping.

I think I will work on a lapghan for a local nursing home for April.

Walmart will wear anyone out! Lol!

wow, we are all busy picking our charities, I will list them, when I can on the first post, under the month of April, so far, only me and yarnscrapper are listed, with our goals, but i saw a couple more here, like cshort.  and yarn monkey, I will need to post later...

thanks for looking up sopo on facebook, I don't do facebook, but I hope all is well.. and what cute little sea critters, and peanut is sooo thrilled with them,i love them all yarnmonkey!!

Brenda, nope, never found that those baskets Brenda, granny annie probably used a bought pattern,they are sure cute, i was thinking brunch bunch, lol maybe we'll ask her when we see her again 

chshort, making a lap ghan for the nursing home is a good one,

so are chemo caps yarnmonkey, good thinking,I will post those for you both, first page, under april, check it out, lol

I haven't heard anything from sopo yet, so I'll probably send a message too. Just in case she doesn't realize it's me. 

Not much to report here. We all went to Target with Sister and Peanut to get him a new car seat as he's getting to long for the carrier. DH and I went out to dinner for a late birthday celebration and Dad went to a friend's house for the evening. 

Tomorrow evening we're going to my uncle's house on the Chesapeake Bay. He's way out in the middle of nowhere, so there's no internet and very little cellphone signal. I'll check in when I can but I don't know if it will be possible. If not, I'll be back by Saturday!  :yes  In the meantime, I'll be working hard on my donations for April!  :hook

I've got laundry going now so I'll have clean things to pack and while that's going, I'll pack up all my yarn and print any patterns I need. If I don't get back before we get back into town, I hope everyone has a good week!!  :hug

Got little Tribble registered for kindergarten. They said he did awesome. I do hope he likes kindergarten better than he has liked preschool....

Mr. Tribble cooked on grill last night! It was wonderful!!!! Might do the same thing tonight.

I fell asleep early last night.. So woke up at 7am!!!! I hate 7 am.. On a good note I go a bit of the creepers I'm making little Tribble for his birthday done!!! Going to try and finish it tonight and get started on his TNT pillow!!! I'm also gonna make him a creeper blanket if all goes well. I think I'm trying to do too much in a very short amount of time. I've had to sit aside other crochet projects to work on this. Little Tribble s birthday is in may. I hope I can get his stuff done!!!

Dragnlady5, sorry to hear about all your loss, it makes it so difficult!

I hope sopo shows back up soon!

Vacation sounds like lots of fun!!! Keep up posted yarn_monkey!!!!

hi tribble, and hello maggi,hope you both are thinking about your chairties this coming month, lol, I don't sew, but envy those that can, oh I guess I did at one time, when daughter was small, she was easy, lol then she got older, and that ended abruptly, lol

In her day, Little Mermaid was the thing, like frozen is now, I guess, I made her sweatshirts, and jogging pants, and skirts, and and and, from little mermaid fabric, but like I say, those days ended much too soon, so enjoy it whilst you can!!!

lazy day here, 75 and climbing still, sun is out, I found the cadbury egg I bought some of the other day, and missed one,well,knew it had to be in the car somewhere, it was, and pretty much melted,,,,do you know how  hard it is to throw away a cadbury egg, even it is was melted!! lol

So I bought some lindor truffles, I will hide them, they are mine mine mine!!! one a day, say 10 days, and I will be a happy camper, lol

nothing much else, dh is making chicken noodle casserole, so I have nothing to do for supper tonight, lol. Oh did buy some yarn today too, so starting off the week on stashbusters, probably in the hole a bit, oh well,lol

Tomorrow, we get to start on any charity projects we have  chosen for the month of April, Im excited, let me know, If you haven't already, and are doing this, what your pick of charities,and or items are,and I will list them for all to see, on the first post, under april!!     this is going to be fun, a change up from granny squares this month, and a boost to some charities, either on the ville, or elswhere,and local too!!

yarn_monkey thanks for finding the pattern.  Now I wonder if I might already have it in an old copy of Crochet World as it seems like i have seen it before.  Will have to look around a bit and if not add it to my wish list.  Enjoy your time off the grid.  It's funny how attached we have become to staying connected.  Even though I don't use my cell much I hated the month our tower was down and I had no coverage at home.  

dragn so glad you let us know what's going on.  Hope things settle down soon.

viking sounds like your move is going well.  

katy I am going to keep working on downsizing my stash of novelty yarn by making more scarves for grannyannie.

Pretty warm here today more like summer.  I feel much better than this time last week but as others have said the cough just won't move on.  I am not sure I will be able to tell when it leaves since its time for allergies to kick into high gear.  

Archived