Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Sister is in town visiting. SO been extremely busy.

We colored eggs last night. It was a lot of fun.

Not sure what all we will do today. I know we will fill some plastic eggs with candy to have a easter egg hunt. The children are excited.

I'll check in when I can.

Going to bed worked last night then took hubby for follow up appointment, now sleep then back to work at 7 tonight. Whew exhausting.... Have a wonderful day all!!!

hi all  

good to see kim is back, at least when she is not working or sleeping, lol that is a lovely ghan, it's going to be really heavy too, if king size, ha ha. Better have that heavy duty washing machine on lay away, he he he..

hi viking, and owlvamp, and tribble, and Pineknott too, nice to see all of you as well. We are enjoying another warmish spring day, but windy, lol, sun has been in and out more times than the coocoo bird on a clock at noon!!

Did i ever tell you all, i actually have a clock that runs backwards......Its for those times when you run out of time, I guess, lololol its magical!

good afternoon everyone, just wanted to say :waving  . gotta get ready for work tonight, then busy weekend. i need a good nights sleep. i keep double tapping the space bar to put in a "."    well..... lol.

kim that is going to be one beautiful afghan.   It's going to be heavy.  .Can you believe that Peanut turned a year old last week?  

katy wow a magical clock that takes you back in time,  Sounds like an idea for either a fairy tale or sci-fi story.  .  

In a nautical store once,we came across a clock once that had the numbers all different,counterclockwise 1 where the 11 would be,2 where the 10 would be,I just love time pieces in general but mostly any with roman numerals,lately I've been seeing the IV as IIII,I rather it be the IV.

yesterday I just got this urge that I had to go outdoors and paint,we have a lot of yard ornaments that are all weathered and bleached out,got the paint and brush and off I went painting to my hearts content,this morning I was soooooooo congested and sounded like an old mafia boss,lol,very deep gravelery voice,but I did have fun yesterday with it being warm and sunny,had to take advantage

In a nautical store once,we came across a clock once that had the numbers all different,counterclockwise 1 where the 11 would be,2 where the 10 would be,I just love time pieces in general but mostly any with roman numerals,lately I've been seeing the IV as IIII,I rather it be the IV.

yesterday I just got this urge that I had to go outdoors and paint,we have a lot of yard ornaments that are all weathered and bleached out,got the paint and brush and off I went painting to my hearts content,this morning I was soooooooo congested and sounded like an old mafia boss,lol,very deep gravelery voice,but I did have fun yesterday with it being warm and sunny,had to take advantage

Wonder why they are going to the llll.  Seems like the other way is easier to read.  I can distinguish up to 3 of the l pretty fast but the 4th one I have to stop and count them. 

The other day when I had the urge to go replace the mulch in one of flower pot areas I noticed that many of my gnomes need to be freshened up a bit.  My concrete ones are just gray so they are easy but the resin ones are in color and they are a pain.  Last time I worked on them I was so tempted to paint them gray like the concrete ones.  When I came in that I had no voice for awhile.   We have been putting together frames from old composite decking for raised beds for our vegetable garden this year.  Looks like we need to mow but he still needs to do the spring oil change and maintenance on the mowers. 

How are you doing on your square count?  It would be neat if we could get you done on your birthday month. 

Wonder why they are going to the llll.  Seems like the other way is easier to read.  I can distinguish up to 3 of the l pretty fast but the 4th one I have to stop and count them. 

The other day when I had the urge to go replace the mulch in one of flower pot areas I noticed that many of my gnomes need to be freshened up a bit.  My concrete ones are just gray so they are easy but the resin ones are in color and they are a pain.  Last time I worked on them I was so tempted to paint them gray like the concrete ones.  When I came in that I had no voice for awhile.   We have been putting together frames from old composite decking for raised beds for our vegetable garden this year.  Looks like we need to mow but he still needs to do the spring oil change and maintenance on the mowers. 

How are you doing on your square count?  It would be neat if we could get you done on your birthday month. 

we have some in a terra cotta color,thinking of  throwing some bronze paint, on those,I think the gold paint wouldn't do,but I can always dab a little green on it for a weathered patina look,we have a resin mushroom ,the red and white kind,yikes,Rene' wants to paint it purple,boy that kid loves purple,I could just the meter reader seeing that,and thinking boy those people must be trippin,lol

I'll get back to you on the square count,real soon

wow, such ambitious outdoors people, lol.. Im lucky if I get to sweep the deck, and tidy up around the front, before im sneezing a fit!! This too shall pass. lol.. I have nothing really to paint, we did the shepard hooks last year, and they still look good, and the wire baskets that hang from them, are good, can't paint the rocks, or can you?? lol, and the porch swing, well, not bad, for being out all winter, lol......That will be a good chore for handyman, when he gets done with all his other items on the list, lol

I have a clock also Pineknott, that has the numbers all helter skelter, so you have to depend on the location of the hands really, not the numbers. lol, needless to say, I don't keep batteries in that one, life is confusing enough as it is!! tee hee...

Sure, you could paint the rocks! Unless they're really small and there's lots of them; that might be a little too much work then. :lol

I have been so bad on my chores the last couple of days, ugh... There is so much sweeping that needs to be done and I haven't done any today! And I still have time now but I sooooo don't want to....

I was thinking I'd get some more done on my Sophie CAL, but somebody furry spilled milk that got onto every ball and the blanket part itself, so I had to wash them all out today and they're still drying.... Not sure who to blame, canine or feline, but my gut says probably both of them. :P

I got a puffy in the mail yesterday! Wanna see? :)

post-62070-0-07183400-1428111980_thumb.jpgpost-62070-0-39677500-1428111998_thumb.jpg

You were amazingly busy, Katie! I couldn't believe how many little squares came out of that package! I've been thinking I should start edging stuff so I can start arranging things. Little Viking always gets so excited when a puffy comes in so he opened it for me. I didn't get a picture, but the squares were tied together in five bunches with little pieces of yarn, and so they temporarily became items in the "feast" we were having - little pies and cakes, though one was a sandwich for a time. Then he discovered the yarn bows and untied everything and since we were feasting outside we put the yarn bits onto a bush in case any birds wanted them for a nest. He counted all of them up for me - 22! Thank you so much!  :clap

Oh!! The three-inchers are going in a ring around each six-incher in the final design, and I just realised that if I make two squares with the dark purple yarn I have, I'll be able to do a full rainbow ring around two!! Haha, I'm going to love that! :manyheart

(These pics do not show it well at all, but that blob of red ones up there is actually two red, two brick red, and two orange.)

:waving  Kim!! We've missed you!! 

I still haven't heard from sopo yet, sent her a message letting her know it was me just in case she didn't make the connection. I hope everything is okay. I think cards are a great idea! I have some other things to mail this week so I might put one in the mail to her too. 

I figured if I did my usual quotes, I'd be here for hours trying to respond to everyone, so I'm trying to go from memory (ha!). All the eye candy is beautiful! Kim, you're coming right along on your ghan and I can't wait to see it when it's done! Viking, I love your bright squares from Katie! She is definitely ambitious! 

We wound up coming home yesterday evening. It was just so much excitement for Peanut that he was having trouble sleeping and just wanted to be into everything and visiting with everyone instead of sleeping. We got him home yesterday, and he slept from 7:30 pm to 7:30 am and never even woke up once! Sister was over the moon!  :c9 We did have a good time "off the grid" though and visiting with family. I wasn't having too much trouble being disconnected from the world, just kept checking my phone and then remembering there was nothing to check! Lol! DH was having a little more trouble but he didn't have yarn to keep him busy!

I got a decent start on my first ghan for Project Linus and got started on my first chemo cap too. I was planning on getting more done on it tonight but not sure I'll get to it. Dad is headed home super early in the morning so I need to get all the birthday and vacation pictures put onto a disc for him before I go to bed because I probably won't see him in the morning. Then of course Sister wants a disc and so does our grandmother, so I need to go ahead and do those too or I'll just forget. I've also been working on a pair of potholders for Sister and hope to have those done for her tomorrow. I'll post them in Show and Tell when I'm all finished. 

Here's a picture of Peanut in the backyard at my uncle's house. He really had a blast, minus the not sleeping thing. Dad said it was like he was at Disney World - Too much excitement to sleep, having a ball, and really grouchy by the end for lack of sleep and an overdose of excitement! Lol! He's teething pretty good too, trying to get those top teeth in, so that didn't help! 

post-11765-0-93001400-1428119943_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm off to get these discs done and hopefully work on Sister's last potholder and then bed! That bed at my uncle's was hard as a rock and my back is beyond excited to be back in our bed!  :yay

Hi everyone!

I'm spending the weekend  at my daughter's house. We are taking the kids to an egg hunt later today and then we will be coloring eggs. I hope everyone has a happy and blessed Easter.

Just a quick check in to say Happy Easter! I've been busy working on Sister's hotpads and then finished up the cotton making her a couple coasters. Just have to weave the ends in tonight and then I'll take pictures for show and tell. I also realized I'm now 2 squares behind on the Moogly CAL so I need to get caught up on that and I'm still working on my chemo caps and baby blankets for Project Linus. No plans tomorrow except for the grocery store... although I'm hoping it will be open, being Easter and all. Guess we'll find out! Lol! 

Archived