Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi All!  Quick Howdy to say I've been thinking of you all.  It's been a crazy busy week which left me drained and in bed with absolutely no energy.  My oldest son and his family did come out to visit for a short time on Saturday and I had a nice visit on Friday with some close friends that I hadn't seen in over a year.  It's all good but takes all I have to be a social butterfly these days, lol.  I also got another wonderful puffy in the mail this week!  Thank you so much snowbear!  I can't remember if I have thanked everyone that sent squares recently, please forgive my battered brain.  I love them all.  Here are some pics of the goodies!

attachicon.gif008.JPG Thank you snowbear!

attachicon.gif018.JPG Thank you yarn _monkey!

attachicon.gif010.JPG Thank you viking!

attachicon.gif013.JPG Thank you yarnscrapper!

Well, our weather has finally turned sunny, but it is still freezing!  It is supposed to get into the 40's today.  I have my fingers crossed that warmer weather is coming.  Please oh please let summer come soon, lol.

Oh, I think I saw some pretty baby blankets as I was logging in!  Was that Katie's name I saw next to them?  Lol.  Great job Katie!  Ok, I'm off to the couch and my hooks and yarn.  I'm making bunny bags for Easter for all the granddaughters.  One down and 3 to go!  Here's what the first one looks like....

attachicon.gif002.JPG  aren't they cute!  Ok, gotta go! bye!

You got some lovely squares! I'm glad mine made it to you safely!  :)  The little bunny bags are so cute!! I love them!! 

Gosh those bunny bags are cute.  yarn_monkey someone at work told dh about the vicks on the feet thing yesterday.  I hadn't heard of that one and then you mention it today.  Even though I have felt worse today I think its getting better.  It doesn't seem to be requiring as much medication to feel this bad.  I was able to get a little sleep last night.  

I'm glad you were able to get some sleep! I hope it's even better for you tonight.  :hug

Nikki, thank you so very much for the squares and the card. I love them.

Yay! Glad you got them!  :)

SOme wonderful Eye candy just in time for Easter. you all are so talented. 

Baby Brantley will be hopefully going home tomorrow.  he has been without o2 for over 24 hours. Praise God.

I didnt tell you in the midst of all this..........

My 19 yr old college student fractures his fib and tib bones in his lower right leg. Skateboarding

Oh that's wonderful news!!!  :yay  I can't wait to see pictures of that sweet boy at home! Your poor son! I hope just a cast is all he needs to fix it. 

Not a whole lot to report here today. DH and I went to my eye appointment, and Costco and Walmart for groceries and then back home. After dinner, I finished the last little critter for Peanut's birthday. I'll hopefully get pictures tomorrow when there's daylight to work with. Tomorrow Sister and Peanut might come over and help me clean up. Either way, it's full blown cleaning (which I despise, by the way!) because my dad will be here Thursday afternoon and then the party is Saturday. I have bed sheets to wash and bathrooms to clean and a whole downstairs to get under control.  :(

I hope everyone had a good day! I'll be back tomorrow! Hopefully with pictures!  :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I'M ALIVE! lol Caught some sort of flu or some such pox upon me, probably from my kids who only had the sniffles. lol Missed being around, I'm totally going to be late on my March squares and I am SO sorry about that and for going MIA. This flu was the worst, totally kicked my backside. lol I just need to get rid of this cough and I'll be back in business!  :ghug  :hug  :manyheart

Hi everyone! I'M ALIVE! lol Caught some sort of flu or some such pox upon me, probably from my kids who only had the sniffles. lol Missed being around, I'm totally going to be late on my March squares and I am SO sorry about that and for going MIA. This flu was the worst, totally kicked my backside. lol I just need to get rid of this cough and I'll be back in business!  :ghug  :hug  :manyheart

hope the cough goes away soon,when I had it in Jan. it ( the cough ) took awhile to clear out.

Just a quick check-in for me tonight... Big furniture move was Saturday; we're still living out of boxes and there's still stuff at the old place. I am crazy tired right now! I'm going to work on my rainbow-ghan and then go to sleep soon... Ugh, right, and change some addresses online somehow, I guess.... Opened a tab with my last-unread post so I can catch up when I'm more awake!  :hug  :hug all!

oh my, he is a darling baby, and looks happy to be home!

Beautiful squares up there, Nikkie does wonderful squares...

Hi to everyone else, had more written, but in the wrong thread, go figure, lol so I copied, and deleted that post, and then, came here, to paste, and you know, it didn't work.....so, suffice to say, this will be shorter, but i can't remember all that I put down, lol

Glad to see holly, too,and hope all of you that are sick, are certainly feeling better now.. viking, so you are staying at the new place now, that is good, it will all come together for you soon, and things will calm down, lol.

well,that's all i can remember, darn it, you all have a great day tomorrow, and for those early risers,I say to you,,

Good Morning!! :sun hope the sun is out where you live!!!!!!

Good morning all. The sun is shinning!!!  katyallen, I have tried to get the link for the square pattern, but alas I can't get the blog back up. :cry

But wait, there's more!!!  :yay  If you go to ravelry and search Walled Garden Square you will find the link. :clap

Hope that helps you.

Have a great day everyone!!

Sunny but cool day here. Seems like I am a bit better today as my head does not hurt as bad when I cough and I am not coughing as much. I need to go fix supper but at this point nothing sounds good and very little tastes good.  I have to get over it soon as the outside work is calling.

hey thanks yarn scrapper, I loved that pattern, gonna try one!!

H linda, how you doing!

bgs, not feeling the best yet, huh, hope you do soon so you can get out and enjoy the spring a bit!

Hell Sandra, how are you feeling by now, hopefully lots better than brenda, lol

Ok, here is a link on the ville, I took a pic of a couple of the items Im giving away, all you have to do if interested, is pm me, and I will put all the names in my "fishbowl" yarn holder, lol, on the 2nd of April, and the lucky winner will be announced... Check it out here...

I was going to do them separately, but they asked to stay together, lol  Hopefully they will find a good home!!

Adorable!!  :manyheart

Just a quick check-in for me tonight... Big furniture move was Saturday; we're still living out of boxes and there's still stuff at the old place. I am crazy tired right now! I'm going to work on my rainbow-ghan and then go to sleep soon... Ugh, right, and change some addresses online somehow, I guess.... Opened a tab with my last-unread post so I can catch up when I'm more awake!  :hug  :hug all!

Moving really is awful, so I know you'll be glad when it's over! And the address changes... such a pain in the butt!!! I hope you get some good rest and that the address changing is easy for you!  :)

Sunny but cool day here. Seems like I am a bit better today as my head does not hurt as bad when I cough and I am not coughing as much. I need to go fix supper but at this point nothing sounds good and very little tastes good.  I have to get over it soon as the outside work is calling.

Brenda, I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope it keeps up!  :hug

I had a tab up last night to check in and somehow I closed it and then never even realized what I did. Oh well, I didn't really have much of consequence to say anyway! Lol! 

Well, my house is finally looking presentable! I need to declutter the kitchen table (it seems like that's the catchall spot for everything!) and do the floor and straighten up the dining room. My dad made it into town this afternoon and Sister and Peanut will be here tomorrow afternoon. The earlier the better, really. I've got that bit of cleaning to do, Dad and DH will be on baby duty (they're terribly upset about this! Lol) and Sister will be making Jello, banana pudding, a birthday cake... and I'm sure there's more...  :blink I'm super excited for Peanut's party but I may not be exactly thrilled about the process leading up to it. I'm exhausted! I may actually be looking forward to the cleaning up AFTER the party! Lol! 

Okay, I'm off to bed. I've got to get up early and pick up birthday sandwiches at Costco and go to the grocery store before the rest of the cooking and the cleaning start. Whew.  :tired

Happy Friday!!  :)

Hey all. Hope everyone is doing well or at least on the mend.

I am leaveing for game night at the church here in a bit but wanted to stop in and say hey. 

Classes and study have been taking so much free time i stilll havent crocheted for a while.

hi squares, well all i can say yarnmonkey, is wow, you are putting a great effort into this birthday party, hope everyone has a grand time,and the little guy enjoys himself too!!!

took a pic of two more ghans, one I finished up the c2c, the other day, and I did the granny one mostly yesterday am, about 3 hours, but see confession below, lol . Here is that link.. this for some reason, has been my baby ghan month, maybe in april, I will switch it up to hats, or something, lol

must confess however, that the granny one, I had the squares already done and in my granny square stash, so alls i had to do to finish up that one, was put it together!! so that one went in a morning lol, tada!!

Mailed off that package to my friend, with Pink Power 12 point RR in it, and some other little things I had for her!! Oh, and viking dear, your 3 inch brights went out at the same time, expected on MOnday, I sent it to the fernwood addy, so be on the lookout for it please!! Those little 3 inch brights, practically JUMPED in the envelope by themselves, they were so excited to come to your house!!!

i started another blue and white rr, for probably the last baby ghan I will make for this month anyway, lol i count seven, with the one on the hook, so that isn't bad!! I was in the zone, you know, gotta take advantage of that when you can!! lol

all for now, hope to be back later, chilly here today, but the sun was out. How is brantley doing dragnlady, is he still improving??

and everyone with that blasted cold, or flu or whatever, take care of yourselves, and get better soon.......

Cool start to the day here with a few snowflakes very early this am.   I am not nearly as congested as I was but sometimes am having headaches and am  a little nauseous.  I am sure it is congestion/sinus related.   I am at least starting to feel like I am missing working with my yarn so I must be better.  katy love the blue boy baby ghans.  

Gee,what is it with this congestion and nauseaous feeling?,I think my allergies to tree pollens are kicking in,big time this year

they sais allergy season this year was going to be a doozie

Grannieannie these are some beautiful squares you got!!!!

Oh my goodness those bunny bags!!!!!!! Adorable!

Tribble, ohmy gosh, you must be a busy bee, are those the same baskets annie made?? Show us a pic or post when you get them done, I bet they are just cherished by all thekids!!

They kept me busy for a few days... ;) The kids did seem to like them! I have pictures on my camera and will share once I get them off. I don't know who's pattern I used I just did a Google search. Weird thing is I think they were all slightly different...

Nikki, thank you so very much for the squares and the card. I love them. :)

Pretty squares!!! I love the multi colored one!!

I've never moved... I can only imagine how hard it is!!!

We had snow flurries again today!!!! :( I hate this weather...

I'm working on making an idea based on minecraft and my little pony. I hope it turns out!

Hope everyone has a great night and weekend...

Evening all. Things have been pretty hectic and stressful here over the last week. But this afternoon after work instead of working on more stuff (yesterday I put aside another two boxes of books to go to the library for the book sale) I sat down and read through my missed posts on our thread here and it was very relaxing. Almost like getting to sit down with you all for a cup of something hot and a chat. :)

Still tired out tonight. Working on yarn here and there and just poking at the internet a bit before bed.

Hi everyone! I am pages behind on posts but will hopefully catch up soon.

The grandkids have gone home and I am really missing them.

I'm staying busy in my sewing room today working on a couple of little outfits for a special birthday girl next month. My youngest daughter and I went shopping for fabric yesterday to make her some scrub tops for her new job in the pediatrics department of a local hospital. The tops can be kid friendly but have to incorporate navy blue in some way, I see lots creative navy blue pockets in my future. 

I have an afghan and some necklaces in my crochet bag.

Spring break is almost over for me, I go back to work on Monday but it's a 4 day week since we are off on Friday for Good Friday although the school calendar just list it as a Day Off. I will be heading to my oldest daughter's house for Easter weekend.

I guess that's about it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning

plants are slowly coming back to life

The bleeding heart that was in full sun last year,mid summer I put it in the shade,looks like I'll be rewarded

with a much healthier plant this year

hi all, good to see those of you ailing, are feeling somewhat better, I hear the cough that accompanies this whatever you all have, takes a while to get over!! 

The bleeding heart plant will love the shadier weather, Im sure, she is delicate, and prone to fainting if left too long in the heat, lol...honest........(for all that I DON"T know about plants, lol, sounded good!!)

what else, chicken in the oven, have some mashed potatoes and gravy,and a vegie with it, I guess, smells really good, I think it's all that garlic powder I spilled on it, lol, I washed it off, and started over, this time using the SPRINKLE lid, lol instead of unscrewing the outter lid all together, duh m e!!

Got the baby boy rr done this morning, I could maybe add one or two more rounds in sc to edge it, but honestly I think it looks fine the way it is, and it measures bout 40" from point to point.. Pic soon to be posted on baby thread here on the ville..

I am probably done with the baby ghans for now, anyway, i figured, with the Christmas one, I made seven all togehther, soooo lol

will start APril month, with something else, maybe baby hats, to match, haha ha.

Sandra, I pm'd you, what color orange were you looking for on the MidnightBrights # 2 ??

Bought a few skeins the other day, but still running in the postive for the stashbuster, good luck to all, it is month's end, and if I kept track of everyones scores, (which i don;'t, and poor mona huh, lol) then I would know who won, but alas, it is always a surprise to me, to place on there, or to break even, sooooooo.lol

well, got stuff to do before I peel and cook taters, later on, so will end this now, and everyone check out the post of the blue and white rr on baby thread!!!

pineknott and greyhoundgrandma thanks for the help also. I'll what colors I have to and go from there. I think i will look for orange sense no one picked that color yet. I have to see what I have, and then go check walmart.

hi squares, well all i can say yarnmonkey, is wow, you are putting a great effort into this birthday party, hope everyone has a grand time,and the little guy enjoys himself too!!!

took a pic of two more ghans, one I finished up the c2c, the other day, and I did the granny one mostly yesterday am, about 3 hours, but see confession below, lol . Here is that link.. this for some reason, has been my baby ghan month, maybe in april, I will switch it up to hats, or something, lol

must confess however, that the granny one, I had the squares already done and in my granny square stash, so alls i had to do to finish up that one, was put it together!! so that one went in a morning lol, tada!!

Mailed off that package to my friend, with Pink Power 12 point RR in it, and some other little things I had for her!! Oh, and viking dear, your 3 inch brights went out at the same time, expected on MOnday, I sent it to the fernwood addy, so be on the lookout for it please!! Those little 3 inch brights, practically JUMPED in the envelope by themselves, they were so excited to come to your house!!!

i started another blue and white rr, for probably the last baby ghan I will make for this month anyway, lol i count seven, with the one on the hook, so that isn't bad!! I was in the zone, you know, gotta take advantage of that when you can!! lol

all for now, hope to be back later, chilly here today, but the sun was out. How is brantley doing dragnlady, is he still improving??

and everyone with that blasted cold, or flu or whatever, take care of yourselves, and get better soon.......

Love the baby blankets! I think those and chemo caps will be my focus for April.  :yes

Gee,what is it with this congestion and nauseaous feeling?,I think my allergies to tree pollens are kicking in,big time this year

they sais allergy season this year was going to be a doozie

I really hope they're wrong because I just won't be able to handle it. Especially if I can't remember to take my allergy meds! Lol

Well today was the big day and I am exhausted! I couldn't sleep last night... went to bed about 11:30 last night and woke up at 4 and tossed and turned and up and down and I just couldn't shut my brain off. I think I was too busy thinking about what all still had to be done to be able to sleep. 

Everything went really well! We had almost 20 people in this house and it was packed. We had 7 last minute cancellations and considering the space, it was probably a good thing! Peanut loved his cake that Sister made him. He ate at least half of it... well, had half of it IN him and ON him! Lol! He got lots of new toys and new clothes and he's a very loved little boy! 

I finally got pictures of the amigurumi I made him but I'm falling asleep typing so I'll post that in a thread tomorrow. I do have a couple pictures of the birthday boy though!  :D

post-11765-0-60625500-1427598737_thumb.jpg

He destroyed that cake! He even had icing in his hair!  :lol

post-11765-0-55763500-1427598777_thumb.jpg

Sister, Peanut and Auntie ... All 3 had a really good day!!  :manyheart

I'll be back tomorrow to do a little more catching up. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!  :ghug

Hey everyone, I am feeling a little better. Went to DR. Don't know anything yet about these headaches. Go to Orthopedic when my DR makes an appt. Still waiting to see a neurologists. Thats in May. Can't make no earlier appt. Just letting you all know whats going on. OK. Sorry about the squares I haven't sent out. 

Archived