Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

katy much cooler here today too.  They said from yesterday afternoon to tomorrow morning we would see a 49 degree drop in temp.  My crocus started blooming before that last snow 3 weeks ago.  The smart ones waited to pop up last week.  Surprise lillies are coming up and I have seen some daffodils in bloom on some sunny banks along the highway.  Trees are budding as my sinuses and eyes will concur.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Hubby wants conr beef and cabbage so I am working on that.  Just popped some conrbread in the oven so it will be ready when he gets home.  

Linda sorry about the truck. Hubby still drives his 97 geo with nearly 400,000 miles on it to the park and ride to catch the bus on into work.  We know its days are numbered.  Its been such a good car its going to be hard to see it go.  He got in April the year we got married in Sept so they have been together longer than we have.  

Viking congrats on the new  home.  Hey I read in one of the gardening magazines that this is the time of year to dig up rose of sharon if you want to transplant one.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI everyone :) Hope everyone is doing well, or getting better. 

I made burritos for dinner, but for some reason I went to take a bite, adn it was almost instant stomach ache, it tasted funny and almost made me sick. Everyone else said it tasted fine, as they all ate quite a bit. Hmmmmm. Idk what that was all about. So I ate my corn an dthat was it. I did however have a craving for donuts yesterday, so I went and bought a dozen and then only managed to eat one. 

hummm, could it be maybe you are pregnant, that tummy trouble sneaks up on one quite early, least it did with me, all those years ago, lol

HI everyone :) Hope everyone is doing well, or getting better. 

I made burritos for dinner, but for some reason I went to take a bite, adn it was almost instant stomach ache, it tasted funny and almost made me sick. Everyone else said it tasted fine, as they all ate quite a bit. Hmmmmm. Idk what that was all about. So I ate my corn an dthat was it. I did however have a craving for donuts yesterday, so I went and bought a dozen and then only managed to eat one. 

Good evening all!

Still not feeling the grandest. But plugging along. I finished up homework with the boys and book project. Cooked supper and did the dishes. Cleaned up the yard and made my babies happy. I am exhausted.!!!

Of to sew together another row for the Midnight Brite blanket. Just 2 rows left. Im so excited to. This has been one huge project. Never did one like this before. It's beautiful!

We've been busy all right! Moving boxes back and forth - well, just forth really, I suppose. :lol Forth to newness! Little guy's had fun on our two trips over. Though we took a lobster lawn ornament over to the new place and he was playing with it, and he dropped it and a claw broke up. Poor kid was in tears. He was really hard to console. I don't think he was afraid of getting in trouble; I think he was just sad about the lobster!

I'd really like to just move now. We're trying to work out furniture placement and all, and it would just be nice to get stuff over there and see how it's all going to look. And paint my craft room. Currently, it's like latte brown. It's not a bad color at all. I just don't know that it's what I want in my craft room. At the moment I'm thinking white, with either one wall or two walls opposite each other painted a pale green. And maybe something super bright in the closet, I just decided. :D

Oh, I remember what else I wanted to say tonight. Sent four puffies out yesterday! Last of the March squares for me. Should be there in a few days!

Well it looks as if the packages arrived okay.  I am going to assume Snowbear also got hers, sorry to see she is hurt.  Katie if you want to keep the blue scarf then by all means keep it.  I have a lot of novelty yarn and most of it seems to work up best into scarves using my knifty knitter.  yarn_monkey glad to see the Peanut photos.  I could not resist that monkey square.  After all yarn_monkey should have a yarn monkey square.  Remember back a few weeks ago when Katie was making all those hotpads?  She gave the link for the round one with the spokes on it----that's where I got the monkey square (you add the monkey features to the spoked square).  I dont have the link handy right now but it is at RedHeart.com and is called Monkey Around Baby Blanket   pattern number LW4001

Thank you! I've bookmarked it for later. I'm so excited for those little squares!  :yes

Good Morning

truck goes in for service,when it makes funny noises ,you wonder??

Had to have my truck towed this morning! It's been dead for a while, but never did have it towed after it came back from the first shop that couldn't find anything wrong. I hope there's nothing wrong with yours! 

wow yarnscrapper, you have been busy, thank you in advance, can't wait, it's so fun to get puffies!!!!  thankyou also, for the birthday wishes!!!

Linda, how are you doing, yes, vehicles sometimes try to let us know when things aren't right, and if we put off getting them checked for too long, it grows into a way more serious and expensive boo boo, lol.

Are you feeling better, and family is ok?? what's your flowers doing, blooming I suppose by now, we have had such nice weather, our flowers should be ready to transplant from the green house, to the flower patches!!!

everyone else ok,  did you make your apple butter Yarnmonkey, lol can't wait to see how it turned out!!

viking, are you busy hauling stuff to and fro, lol, boxes, and boxes, little viking, will adjust very quickly Im sure!!

oh, just a reminder to everyone too, about viking's addy, the new one is available, if you pm her, or she says, we can still send to the old addy too if we like, as they will be there to pick up until they put it on the market!!

So,feeling chilly today, but it must be me, as it is very nice out, lol Just wanna snuggle up in my bed,and get warm,lol hope it is not something coming on, I imagine a cold probably, but we'll see....

What does everyone take for a cold, I think musinex works well for stuffiness,and congestion, but  I like alka seltzer for sneezing and nose,and I have used robitusin, and what is that other one, uh, i forget now,but I use those for coughs, it's sometimes, like hey, make ONETHING that does it all, ok!! Eliminate me chosing by symptoms, i want it all in one little pill!! lol anyone??? Nyquill has a reverse effect on me, I can't sleep if I take it,Dayquill on the other hand, well, i don't know if that works or not, never tried it in fact...

so any, having breaded or battered chicken fingers tonight, yummy, that and ranch dip is all i need, but i suppose I will toss a salad, lol, to go with.....I am not cooking tonight, so I can at least do that much, right, lol

all take care, till the next time, ok!!

Still haven't gotten the applebutter made.  :reyes  Apples are still good though so hopefully tomorrow. I got up yesterday morning and just didn't' feel right... by the time evening came around, I was all achy and gunky and sore throat. I'm hoping I feel well enough tomorrow to mess with all those daggone apples. 

I take Coldeeze to (hopefully) shorten the length of the cold. They're just little things like cough drops. They don't taste very good but I think they work. Then for the actual cold I take Vicks Sinex. It's like Dayquil but without the cough medicine, because I can't take any of that DM type stuff... makes me shaky and weird. And it comes in the combo packs, for nighttime and daytime. I'm on those now.  :fever

Poor Arlene, I hope she starts feeling better soon! Those concussions are nothing to mess around with! I've had a couple and they're awful! 

Well, we didn't get to the chorus concert because Peanut and I are both sick. I think we must've gotten it while we were out on Friday or something, because neither one of us felt right Sunday evening and then last night I was miserable and he woke up sick too apparently. I don't think he caught it from me because we both started getting symptoms too close together. 

My March birthday puffies are still in the back of my car waiting to go to the post office... I had good intentions yesterday and all I could manage was going with DH to sign our taxes and today I didn't leave the house except to walk outside and hand the tow truck driver my truck keys! Which I'm pretty bummed about because it got to almost 80 degrees and it'll be back to 50s for the rest of the week. 

I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow and get out and at least get to the post office. I'm such a mess when I'm sick. You give me the sniffles and I'm ready to curl up and cry and sleep until I'm better!  :lol  DH takes good care of me, but I'm pretty sure he's laughing at me the whole time and I'm okay with it because I can't say I blame him! Lol 

Oh oh I almost forgot! I'm loving all the eye candy! The squares and scarves and other things for donations are just absolutely lovely! I love all the colors!!  :manyheart

I hope everyone else is having a good start to their week and I'll be back tomorrow!  :ghug

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I've hardly been here. Today my Sami-girl had dental surgery. She had several cavities that needed filling and needed a root canal and stainless steel cap on one tooth. We decided to do it with general anesthesia since she needed so much done. She did a great job and everything went well. Next, Alicia needs quite a bit of work done, but she'll be able to do it in the office, I think. I hope!

So this year's vacation is getting dental work done... it's so stinkin' expensive!

I have been so horrible with this birthday bash! I have a stack of squares that I haven't gotten mailed out yet. I WILL get them out. I haven't forgotten anyone.

And I forgot to thank Carol for the squares! Two lovely birthday squares and a card!  :hug  :manyheart

post-11765-0-42268900-1426648227_thumb.jpg

Picture is sideways again... Whoops. One day I'll remember to rotate them before I post! 

Just got home from work about a hslf hour ago. Gotta get the kids up and ready gor school soon, then go to my friends. She made corned beef and cabbage yesterday and she saved me some. I really should take a nap before i go over tho. I am soooo tired. And i wont be able to sleep later. Too much to do at home. Then go back to work tonight.

As for the food issues, one could only hope. Ill be sure to let you all know if/ when i find out :hug

Someone decided to steal my trash can. grrrr. had to file a non emergency police report before they would bring me out a new can. The nerve of some peoples children, I swear. 

Looks like our birthday girls are having a good month.  Its been great seeing so many "square" pictures.  Last night after our corn beef and cabbage we watched our St. Patrick's day movies----Disney's Darby O'Gill and the Little People with a very young Sean Connery and then John Wayne in The Quiet Man.  It is much cooler out today-----no sun, but we are getting some badly needed rain.  Hopefully that will put an end to all the grass fires around here.  

oh man, there went my post, well, it was long, lol, so suffice to say,

everyone feeling bad, including peanut, feel better soon,

everyone moving, working, or fixing vehicles, hope it all works out well,

all squares, gorgeous!!!

hi holly, and carol, and all else, hope all is doing well, sheesh, I HAD  a much more detailed post, lol     

Oh and bgs,never tasted corn beef, oops,should I have admitted that, lol we had chicken.

so much more, forgot it all now, that WAS a couple minutes ago, lol       take care all,  get well all!!

katy I am not that crazy about the corn beef myself but hubby really likes it. I bought a big one so he can enjoy the leftovers.   I do like the cabbage, potatoes and carrots that goes in the pot with it along with some corn bread so it works out.  But I would rather have had your chicken.  Hey post a big picture of your new avatar.  My old eyes can't quite make out the squares and I am fascinated with the orange and green one. 

Just got home from work about a hslf hour ago. Gotta get the kids up and ready gor school soon, then go to my friends. She made corned beef and cabbage yesterday and she saved me some. I really should take a nap before i go over tho. I am soooo tired. And i wont be able to sleep later. Too much to do at home. Then go back to work tonight.

As for the food issues, one could only hope. Ill be sure to let you all know if/ when i find out

:bday   And oh what a birthday present that would be!! Fingers are crossed! Keep us updated!!!  :hug

oh man, there went my post, well, it was long, lol, so suffice to say,

everyone feeling bad, including peanut, feel better soon,

everyone moving, working, or fixing vehicles, hope it all works out well,

all squares, gorgeous!!!

hi holly, and carol, and all else, hope all is doing well, sheesh, I HAD  a much more detailed post, lol     

Oh and bgs,never tasted corn beef, oops,should I have admitted that, lol we had chicken.

so much more, forgot it all now, that WAS a couple minutes ago, lol       take care all,  get well all!!

DH didn't think he liked corned beef, but once I made the Paula Deen recipe, he changed his mind. Now if a cabbage comes in the house, he wants corned beef with it. It uses the canned kind, which honestly kind of smells like cat food but it tastes good at least. My grandmother used to make the real kind but I haven't had it since she passed away I don't think. The Paul Deen recipes has bacon. In my opinion everything is better with bacon!  :yes

DH checked the mail today and I had a puffy from Viking! Thank you for my square!!  :hug  :hug I haven't hardly gotten off the couch, so I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow. I have to get to the post office and I have a follow up eye appointment tomorrow so I'll at least be up then. I may even hit the doctor depending on how I'm feeling in the morning, we'll just have to see. I'm still not 100% sure there's anything they can do and I hate to waste the money to be told to wait it out. 

Applebutter still hasn't made its way to the crockpot. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll feel up to it. I'd love some biscuits with applebutter right about now!  :manyheart

Hi All!  Popping in to thank Viking for the beautiful square.  I rec'd it yesterday.  It's been crazy busy this week with drs appts, and when i'm home,, I'm sleeping, but I'll do my best to get a pic of it when we get home from appt today.  You are so busy with the move I don't know how you fit squares into it, lol.  Thank you so much!!!

Sorry to read that Snowbear has a concussion.  I must have missed her injury. Will keep her in my prayers.

Katie, your scrap scarf is wonderful!!!  Did you use a pattern or just make up your own with the post stitches?  Oh, and by the way, could you possibly send some of that warm weather this way?  It's 10 degrees this morning.

Well, that's about all for me right now.  I hope all that are feeling under the weather get feeling better real soon.  We need some healthy hookers in here, lol.  Take care everyone.  Hugs all around......

Archived