Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Great squares everyone!!! I love them all. I adore the elephant how cute! Little Tribble never climbed too much, he's way too cautious, but had he climbed I would be a nervous wreck.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Nikki and VikingRunner for the well wishes and encouragement.   

I wanted to thank GrannyAnnie for the wonderful squares and card that I received yesterday. They will be a lovely addition to my ghan.  Here are a couple of pics:

attachicon.gif001.JPGattachicon.gif004.JPG

I also received some more wonderful squares and a card  today from cshort (Carol). Thank you so much.   They will also be a lovely addition to my afghan.  Here are the pics:

attachicon.gif006.JPGattachicon.gif005.JPG

It's been wonderful getting all of these lovely squares.   Thank you so much.   It's so exciting opening them all.   

You're very welcome!  I'm happy to see that they arrived safe and sound in their new home...

In all other news, had a good day yesteray, went to lunch with daughter, ate too much, place called Summer Kitchen, thought there wasn't anymore of them, but she found one, lol

Also, went to viist her new office, as her boss just opened a new place, and she is now Technician Manager in the new office, so went there, lovely offices, needs a plant though, lol, have to take care of that little detail one of these days!!! lol Then off shopping, for a bit, then she brought me home, and went on to her dealerships for a scheduled oil change on her car. So once home, relaxed a short time, and the phone started ringing one after another call, best wishes for my bday, and some of the calls, were rather long, so before I knew it, handyman was home,and brought 2 fat t bones to grill out, being as it was my bday, and in the 70's out, so had that,and some baked potato,which all in all, was a lot more than i eat most days, lol so got stuffed..

Other than that, nice day, oh, got some new earrings too, b day gift, lovely... met  daughter's boss,very  nice person,have heard nothing but good about him from her, and she is right,he is a nice person.

What else,nothing mcuh yet today, both my sisters,and two or three of my friends, and some ladies from the brunch bunch all called, seemed like one after another ,lol, so kept me busy after I got home...Some were short calls, others, well,long distance so you talk longer,lol.cause you talk to them less often,righrt.

ALl for now, if anyone needs anything like addys, Ill checfk back in later, so pm me if you want. thanks now, for the birthday wishes, and the packages that have arrived!!! Ill check mail here today, about 4 or so, they come late, maybe Ill have another surprise!! lol           thanks again all......see you after awhile.

Belated Happy Birthday!!!!  Sounds like you had a very nice day.  I'm happy for you, you deserve to be spoiled because you are always doing for others (((hugs)))

I got a puffy from Annie today!  :hug I can't wait to get them on my ghan! I should've rotated my picture but I forgot. Oh well, you get the point! Lol! 

attachicon.gif2015-03-12 17.06.23.jpg

DH and I went out for lunch today to a place we've been meaning to go forever but never thought about. Plus it's in the middle of the city and it's only street parking and generally a pain in the rear. But it was featured on the Food Network show Man vs. Food, so we made the trek! And it was so good! They're known for their sub sandwiches, so we each got a half and that sucker was a foot long almost! Clearly we weren't hungry for dinner for a long time! After lunch we went to the science museum... I don't think they've repaired some of their exhibits since we went as kids, but it was fun anyway just because it's been so long since we've gone. 

Tomorrow I'm going to the post office and to visit Sister and Peanut. We're going to go to a local farmer's market. They've got a deal where you spend $10 and you get a 4 pack of plants and 2 pounds of apples for free! I'm hoping for some herbs for the kitchen and I want to make apple butter so that will all work out! 

I hope all the ladies we haven't heard from lately are doing well! We miss you all!!  :manyheart

Glad they made it safe and sound and that you like them.  

Good morning!

Feeling better just not a 100% yet.

Been working on the mid night brite blanket and I am half way done now. I won't work on anything until I finish it first. I really need to finish it. It is looking awesome. I love it.

Thanks Viking for the package yesterday. It was a nice surprise from you. Thank you!

Going to lay down for a bit for I have a headache and today I am taking the boys to see their mother.. It's been really nice to not to take that trip every weekend.

Good to hear that you are feeling better, now let's get you feeling all the way better!  (((hugs)))

Hey everyone! Great news, DH got a promotion he interviewed for at work, yay! I need to get jumping on my squares! lol Hope everyone is okay and looking forward to the weekend!  :hug

Congrats to DH!!!!

Hi Everyone!  Popping in quickly, which is my usual lately sorry to say.  I'm glad to see that my squares have been making it to their new homes, although I sent out 5 envelopes and haven't heard back from one.  I hope it made it there also.  I rec'd a wonderful package in the mail yesterday from cshort.  Thank you so very much for the beautiful squares, Carol.  

Last time I was here I promised pics of the squares I rec'd from Katie and Brenda.  Well, I ended up in the doctor's office, then from there to the ER and then the next day had an emergency replacement of my feeding tubes.  They still don't know the cause of all my pain which is the reason for the doctor visit/ER.  They were thinking appendix, but that's ok.  All they found was a nodule on my adrenal glands and since I have so much going on, it may not be worth pursuing.  Boy, sorry to dump all that on you guys.  I was just trying to say sorry for it taking so long for posting the pics, lol!  Here they are...

post-16860-0-17911000-1426434088_thumb.jpg from Katie

post-16860-0-86512500-1426434140_thumb.jpg from Brenda

post-16860-0-66161400-1426434198_thumb.jpg from Brenda for Compassionate Creations

post-16860-0-95427700-1426434289_thumb.jpg from Carol

Thank you so much ladies!  You have really brightened my days   :manyheart

Thanks for the congrats everyone! :D  :ghug

well good news i hear, lol, congratz on the hubby's promotion, owlvamp, glad you are a bit better, and Immafreak, Im getting worried about all this working stuff you're doing, lol....

well, had an unscheduled job today, started out as 'will you sweep and wipe out the under sinks cupboards, while I dust and wipe everything in there off in the bathtub, please" to handyman,,,,turned out fine, but was a way bigger job, as he discovered an small pipe or something dripping, slowly, but surely, and the floor of the cubboard has been in dire need of replacement since we moved here, soooooooo. two trips to Home Depot, one for the connector thing on the water dealie, and another for new board for the floor of the cupboard, while he had everything out of it, lol

Hours later, he is done , and I was done cleaning and sorting and throwing stuff away, lol, and the bathroom is all done now, I got rid of a lot of junk that always collects under the sinks, and found this, lol I washed it all out, and will use it for a yarn bowl, as the one I had been using, isnt' or doesn't seem heavy enough, so this will work!!!

And washed a load, all my cleaning rags that I store under there, needed a good wash, and the sinks vainity area storage area is nice and new and clean, AND I have a new yarn bowl!!

attachicon.gif005 (3).JPG

I love your "new" yarn bowl! Great squares too!!!

Hi Everyone!  Popping in quickly, which is my usual lately sorry to say.  I'm glad to see that my squares have been making it to their new homes, although I sent out 5 envelopes and haven't heard back from one.  I hope it made it there also.  I rec'd a wonderful package in the mail yesterday from cshort.  Thank you so very much for the beautiful squares, Carol.  

Last time I was here I promised pics of the squares I rec'd from Katie and Brenda.  Well, I ended up in the doctor's office, then from there to the ER and then the next day had an emergency replacement of my feeding tubes.  They still don't know the cause of all my pain which is the reason for the doctor visit/ER.  They were thinking appendix, but that's ok.  All they found was a nodule on my adrenal glands and since I have so much going on, it may not be worth pursuing.  Boy, sorry to dump all that on you guys.  I was just trying to say sorry for it taking so long for posting the pics, lol!  Here they are...

attachicon.gif002.JPG from Katie

attachicon.gif006.JPG from Brenda

attachicon.gif004.JPG from Brenda for Compassionate Creations

attachicon.gif013.JPG from Carol

Wonderful squares!!!

attachicon.gif002.JPG from Katie

attachicon.gif006.JPG from Brenda

attachicon.gif004.JPG from Brenda for Compassionate Creations

attachicon.gif013.JPG from Carol

Oh my gosh! I hope you get some relief soon! :( We're all glad to see you when you're able to get on and post, even if it's not the best news.  :hug

We didn't get a chance to do cookie trays or anything for the neighbors at Christmas like usual, so I thought we could make some up now as "thanks for being a good neighbor!" presents. I've got four things planned, and completed two of them. The easiest ones. I have one more batch of cookie dough to mix up, dishes to wash before I can even do that, then those cookies to bake and also the ones already mixed, which are a roll-out cookie and in trying to bake them today I've rediscovered both why I love them, and why we always only had them at Christmas! :lol

I'm stalled now, though. I haven't eaten properly today and I'm really starting to feel it. And I'm still just plain miserable about Terry Pratchett. :cry I went to Barnes and Noble this morning to pick up a present for a party Little Viking had this afternoon, and boy going into a bookstore was a mistake. I was sharing some on facebook last night and a friend about my mom's age said she felt similarly when John Lennon died, and I can well believe that. In a way I'm kind of amazed I've gotten as much done on my baking plans as I have.

hi all, and beautiful squares from all up there, thanks for those pics, eye candy is a pick me up, huh!!!

Viking, you are an ambitious one for sure, lol... cookies, yummm, you are the nice neighbor, me thinking!!

grannyannie, so sorry, hope all works out better soon,and you get to feeling a bit better...

tribble, hello there!

goodluck with your apple butter yarnmonkey, such amibitiousness! Wish I had that energy even 50 percent of the time, lol

Well, what did I do today, nothing much, finished up a couple things I wanted to do, around the house, working on using up some yarn balls,and such, and,the new yarn bowl, works great, it's heavy enough too!! lol

alergies acting up a bit, something in the air, it's been so nice here lately, we have open windows, and something out there, is irritating me, lol But I will take it, at least winter seems over!! supposed to be 78  tomorrow, we'll see,that is rather ambitious for this time of the year, lol

tha'ts it for now, be back maybe later!!

Closing tomorrow morning!  :yay Then "truck day" is Saturday; we'll be getting all the furniture over then. I'm hoping to shuttle a lot of the smaller stuff over during the week. My plan is to stop by every day after picking up Little Viking from daycare, take stuff down with us and let him explore and roam around while I unload it. We're hoping that will help him feel more comfortable with the big move when Saturday comes; he's still not super keen on the idea... Though telling him about the fence in the backyard so he can go out and play by himself made him happy! He'll get used to it; we're just hoping to make it as easy as possible! (Shh, I also decided to break out a new Lego set for him to build with Grana while we're moving!) We're even thinking about having a "camp out" at the new place Friday night. That way we can get the animals over ahead of the furniture and not have to worry about them so much!

hi all, and beautiful squares from all up there, thanks for those pics, eye candy is a pick me up, huh!!!

Viking, you are an ambitious one for sure, lol... cookies, yummm, you are the nice neighbor, me thinking!!

grannyannie, so sorry, hope all works out better soon,and you get to feeling a bit better...

tribble, hello there!

goodluck with your apple butter yarnmonkey, such amibitiousness! Wish I had that energy even 50 percent of the time, lol

Well, what did I do today, nothing much, finished up a couple things I wanted to do, around the house, working on using up some yarn balls,and such, and,the new yarn bowl, works great, it's heavy enough too!! lol

alergies acting up a bit, something in the air, it's been so nice here lately, we have open windows, and something out there, is irritating me, lol But I will take it, at least winter seems over!! supposed to be 78  tomorrow, we'll see,that is rather ambitious for this time of the year, lol

tha'ts it for now, be back maybe later!!

In theory it's easy... peel, core, chop the apples, then put them in the crockpot with sugar and cinnamon and I think something else and then let them go for about 12 hours. I haven't gotten to them yet, and probably should have tonight, but definitely tomorrow!  :yes

Closing tomorrow morning!  :yay Then "truck day" is Saturday; we'll be getting all the furniture over then. I'm hoping to shuttle a lot of the smaller stuff over during the week. My plan is to stop by every day after picking up Little Viking from daycare, take stuff down with us and let him explore and roam around while I unload it. We're hoping that will help him feel more comfortable with the big move when Saturday comes; he's still not super keen on the idea... Though telling him about the fence in the backyard so he can go out and play by himself made him happy! He'll get used to it; we're just hoping to make it as easy as possible! (Shh, I also decided to break out a new Lego set for him to build with Grana while we're moving!) We're even thinking about having a "camp out" at the new place Friday night. That way we can get the animals over ahead of the furniture and not have to worry about them so much!

Eek! I'm so excited for you! I hope Little Viking gets used to the idea and becomes at home in the new place very soon! I'm sure Legos and Grana will help a lot!  :) I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!  :hug

I ran around with sister a little bit today, two different Goodwills and the Dollar Tree and AC Moore. I found a super cute tray at the Goodwill that will look great painted a robin's egg blue... It basically looks like a frame, with wood around the outside and glass in the middle, so I'll put pictures on the inside and give it new handles. Sister picked out some cotton at AC Moore and wants a potholder so I'll work on that when she remembers to give me the yarn. 

Tomorrow Sister, Peanut, DH and I are going for Mexican food and then Sister, Peanut and I are going to see the local women's chorus for their friends and family night. Our Mom used to sing with them and our cousin still does, so we like to check in with them every once in a while. The apple butter will happen when I get home! Before we go I need to put some more work into our front storage/office room. DH is throwing me a birthday party on Saturday so I really need a clean house before then! 

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  :ghug

hi all, boy, You'da thunk its a library here on the ville today, not much going on all over the ville, and here, it's like you can almost hear a pin drop, lol...

anyone out there got anymore ideas for April, since we have no birthdays yet, lol, does the make something for charity idea seem like a good one, or,      anyone???  

Well, thanks to bgs, i have a good start on my donation for the shelter next time, lol she sent me 6 beautiful scarves, however, there is a catch, maybe it will be only five go, and one, somehow ends up in the scarf drawer, I dunno!! never can tell, lol And I've got two made, no hats, can't think hats unless itls cold weather, lol, almost 85 today,wow...... finished a scrap scarf,will post that tonight, I photoed it today, along with another baby ghan I made, sooooooo pics to come later.....Hard to think warm things, in the nice weather, but you know, in Oct and NOv, Ill be happy to have that head start,lol

im kinda wondering what happened to the necklace i wore on my bday to lunch with daughter, cant' remember where I put it, Im usually pretty careful about these things, it is a gold chain, with a heart hanging down, and a diamond in the middle, anyone seenit,lol Ill keep looking I know it's safe,just don't rmember where it is, probably in my craft room, have to look there again, as I think that is where I took it off. lol woe is me, huh....found the earrings i wore with it,in the earring tray in my room, but no necklace, so I know I hung it from something!! Ill let ya know when i find it...

ceiling fan in the craft room, has begun to make a little bit of a squeek, might have to replace it, but will have handyman check it out first, lol I tolerate it, doesn't bother me too much, now if I slept in there, Im sure it would keep me awake,lol

well wonder how angel is in her new job, and if she likes it!! I guess that's all i have for now, check in later, maybe with pics, lol

Just checking in.  I am going to have to go back and catch up.   I hope eveyone got their packages last week.  Last week was physically and emotionally exhausting as my dad went to the ER.  He wound up with a temp pacemaker and had to stay in ICU for several days before they put in a permanent pacemaker.  We finally got him back home.  

Well it looks as if the packages arrived okay.  I am going to assume Snowbear also got hers, sorry to see she is hurt.  Katie if you want to keep the blue scarf then by all means keep it.  I have a lot of novelty yarn and most of it seems to work up best into scarves using my knifty knitter.  yarn_monkey glad to see the Peanut photos.  I could not resist that monkey square.  After all yarn_monkey should have a yarn monkey square.  Remember back a few weeks ago when Katie was making all those hotpads?  She gave the link for the round one with the spokes on it----that's where I got the monkey square (you add the monkey features to the spoked square).  I dont have the link handy right now but it is at RedHeart.com and is called Monkey Around Baby Blanket   pattern number LW4001

hi brenda, woo boy, are you sure, I mean you made those to go to charity, and I didn't want to keep it, unless you gave the go ahead, so yay,,,,,thank you then, i love the blue one, it's soooooo soft too, I have some of that kind of yarn, thought it would be hard to make scarves out of it, but yours are gorgeous !!   I may try it now, or send the yarn off to ms. brenda, lol

so sorry to hear of your dad's ordeal too, hope all turns out well, such things, huh.

Hi ya YARNSCRAPPER, how goes it your way??? Temp here today, got to 88, ok, i think that may be pushing summer temps, lol but we have windows open and the cat at least is in heaven, lol..

At the moment,we have less humidity here, with temps at 88, then arizona has ever, lol it's true what they say, with the humidity, (it comes from sitting on top of an aquafor here in Ne. ) albeit gone, 88 doesn't seem so bad, lol

Oh my, worn out now, cleaned out the closet in my bedroom looking for a purse I know I have somewhere, well,found everything else but that particular purse, so must have stuck it somewhere else away from the bin with purses in it, I guess.....Anyway, switched out purses for the srping season now, soon to be summer, and dusted off a couple of other things in there, lol, and re-arranged things now, and more will fit, if I need it to, lol

only have the vacuuming in the bedroom to do, and have clean linens put back on the bed, and I will be done spring cleaning in that room,lol one down and more to go!!! and as if on cue, the dryer just beeped..sigh,,,,back maybe later...

katy I am tickled that you liked a scarf so much you want to keep one so happy birthday!  The blue one is my favorite color.  I sit and make them while I watch tv or when I can't sleep at night and am glad when I find homes for them.  I used the shortest long knifty knitter loom and do the double knit technique on 9 pegs.  It seems to work out well for novelty yarn.  I picked up quite a bit of the stuff on clearance a few years back and I didn't like the way it turned out when I tried crocheting with it.  It was really warm here today also.  I was sure thankful that last week was nice and warm while running back and forth to the hospital, not like those icy snowy days the previous couple of weeks.  It was hard to hear Dad say that if his heart stopped to just let him go but I understand.  Glad to hear Snowbear got her package.  That means they all made it. 

Long day today! We are all beat. Closing went smoothly and we officially own the house now; now we just gotta get rid of the other one!  :blink We started moving small things over today, dishes and books and art supplies and the like. DH took off tomorrow and he's going to be doing I don't even know what - probably stuff with all that's in the shed. I did take the little guy over with me this afternoon, I unloaded some more books and he ran around in circles in a few places. Then we played hide and seek in the new rooms (his room, Mommy and Daddy's room, and "Lottie's room", which is NOT actually Lottie's room because the dog's not going to be allowed on the floor with the bedrooms!), and we read a book from one of the boxes we brought over. We also emptied some of the boxes so we could bring them back and fill them up again!

Ok, I am so sleepy right now, and I'm just going to go sit with a hook and some yarn and do stuff until it's time to go to bed. Which is hopefully soon!  :sleep

thank you bgs,I love it!!

I got the bed done, broke for dinner, and haven't vacuumed, sigh, but tomorrow is another day, lol Im tired, gonna hot shower, and lay and watch tv till I fall asleep, lol,,,,, take care all till tomorrow, and have a HappyTUesday!!

wow yarnscrapper, you have been busy, thank you in advance, can't wait, it's so fun to get puffies!!!!  thankyou also, for the birthday wishes!!!

Linda, how are you doing, yes, vehicles sometimes try to let us know when things aren't right, and if we put off getting them checked for too long, it grows into a way more serious and expensive boo boo, lol.

Are you feeling better, and family is ok?? what's your flowers doing, blooming I suppose by now, we have had such nice weather, our flowers should be ready to transplant from the green house, to the flower patches!!!

everyone else ok,  did you make your apple butter Yarnmonkey, lol can't wait to see how it turned out!!

viking, are you busy hauling stuff to and fro, lol, boxes, and boxes, little viking, will adjust very quickly Im sure!!

oh, just a reminder to everyone too, about viking's addy, the new one is available, if you pm her, or she says, we can still send to the old addy too if we like, as they will be there to pick up until they put it on the market!!

So,feeling chilly today, but it must be me, as it is very nice out, lol Just wanna snuggle up in my bed,and get warm,lol hope it is not something coming on, I imagine a cold probably, but we'll see....

What does everyone take for a cold, I think musinex works well for stuffiness,and congestion, but  I like alka seltzer for sneezing and nose,and I have used robitusin, and what is that other one, uh, i forget now,but I use those for coughs, it's sometimes, like hey, make ONETHING that does it all, ok!! Eliminate me chosing by symptoms, i want it all in one little pill!! lol anyone??? Nyquill has a reverse effect on me, I can't sleep if I take it,Dayquill on the other hand, well, i don't know if that works or not, never tried it in fact...

so any, having breaded or battered chicken fingers tonight, yummy, that and ranch dip is all i need, but i suppose I will toss a salad, lol, to go with.....I am not cooking tonight, so I can at least do that much, right, lol

all take care, till the next time, ok!!

Archived