Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hey, Linda,

oh i love stuffed peppers!!! and congratz on the gold medal over on stashbusting, I think I came in with silver, but mona just listed the score, not my name, poor mona, she does so much keeping track of all of us, lol....

Using up those balls is a big boost in the stashbusting thread, i always have balls, lol

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all :) Time for me to get ready to go to work, but I just wanted to check in an d see how you all are doing :hug I did manage to get some of my squares together and I am loving how it is turning out. I will try to post a pic tomorrow ( if I can remember, LOL)

:hug to you all 

yes, the heart one is precious, I l ove them both, and they are well rested now, and fitting right in with the others, lol I think they may have a bingo game planned for later, lol :bday

Hoping you all are feeling better today, with each new day, another little bit of our bodies are healing from whatever ails us all, so hang in there sickies Glad peanut hadn't forgotten his favorite Auntie, lol like he could y ou know!!

ok, this is not really square related, but we can't send pics through our pms here, so excuse me for this.....

ok, for Pineknot, (and any else that wanted to know) I counted the scarf for you, I guess I chained 23, cause I needed 20, and the other three are the turning chain for the first row, and you will always end up or should end up with 20 sts.. do two rows of dc at 20 sts apiece, then chain three to turn, acting as first dc, do one more dc in the next stitch, then in the third stitch is where you start your FPTRC, reaching down to the row below the one you just finished to work it. Then it's simple, next two stitches, dc, third one, the FPTRC, and all the way across, ending with 2 dc in the last stc, and top of the turning chain from previous row.......just keep repeating the rows after that, doing one row of dc, not two after the above..

here's a pic up close, the trim row is white, just a sc, skip one, sc, all the way around it, making sure to keep your count even on both long sides, and ends, (3 in corner)and wala, done. It's good to use up scraps with, i added in white, between the colors to make it pop!!

attachicon.gif004.JPG         attachicon.gif003 (3).JPG      

Thank you! I am feeling much better! Still got a sniffle here and there and the sneezing is just outrageous but I'm beginning to think that part anyway is allergies. My ear crackled earlier and now I'm starting to be able to hear again, so all in all, doing much better!  :yes

I didn't get into too much today until this evening... I took a nap (I think the allergy meds I've started are making me sleepy!) and then when I got up, DH and I went for Mexican food and then to see the new Cinderella movie as kind of a last hurrah for my birthday. It was amazing, it was one of my favorites as a little girl, so it was wonderful to see with real live people! 

Now we're just watching TV and I think I'll do some research as to where I can make donations for April. I was going to work on that seahorse but the pattern is making me so mad that I may skip it and work on something else for Peanut's party. I'll be going to bed before too long to rest up... Sister and Peanut are coming over tomorrow to start cleaning up for the party. I'm so excited to see him! I've missed that little stinker!! :manyheart 

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I hope Viking is getting moved successfully and safely and I hope Maria is having a good time at her new job and that everyone who was sick is getting better and that everyone is just doing fabulously!! :ghug  

Stopping by to say hey before I leave for work. Hope all is well. I will try to stop in more.  Baby update>>>>> he is still in Riley. Every time they are about to send him home something happens. He didn't gain enough weight, can't ween him off the O2, he starts vomiting, He needed another blood transfusion yesterday.

I have a 138 question test tonight and I feel so unprepared for it. 

Kids are on spring break this week.  No big plans. they are at the youngest's dads right now then Shea is going to a friends house tomorrow for the rest of the week. 

Well that is about all the exciting news around here. Haope you all have a great week and i will try to stop in again soon

Hello  :waving

Sorry to be MIA but I have the grandkids visiting for a few days over spring break and they are keeping me busy. I will try to catch up with everyone in a few days.

hi all, well good to hear from everone, dragnlady, welcome back to the fold, and I heard from Maria, and a.cretive.mrs, and of course

justaddglitter, some were sick, some were just recovering, or someone in the family were, so everyone is on the mend and hopefully we will be back to more regs soon, there were missed, it just isn't the same without them!!\

in other news of the day, hello to all, and hope you are enjoying the spring so far!! This is when everything outside, starts over again, the trees bud, the birdies sing, and flowers start to sprout!!

I have been working on a couple baby ghans for donation, i will pic them in the appropriate thread, and post that here for you all, and you can go and have a peek....other than that, me feeling much better, just was that one day I didn;t, so tomorrow, I will try to make it to the post office, and mail my friends PINK rr baby ghan, lol she must wonder where it is by now!!

and ms. viking, where might she be hanging out these days, lol hope all is well.....

Ann, pop in when you can, you both are missed as well..

Ok, well, Im gonna go and post those ghans, Ill be back, with that link!!

katy thanks for the instructions on the scarf.  Its amazing how different things look when you work some post stitches in.  I used to work 10 hour days.   It was okay when I was younger but at the end that last day was really rough-----because I was tired and that was also the day they worked us short handed.  I just don't know how people make it through the 12 hour shifts.  Hope you are feeling better.  I was too sick this weekend to do much.  Had planned on going in and working on my Dad's yard but I didn't feel good and of course didn't want to expose people to what I've got.  I don't think I slept but a couple of hours last night because I spent the rest of the night coughing.  I am tired from the coughing.  

i do hope bgs and all else not feeling well, recover fully, and quickly, this is the time of year to enjoy, not be stuck inside, feeling like you know what warmed over, lol.  my best hopes and wishes of a speedy recovery, for all who need it.....

Hi lacey, good to see your post!! are you still working long hours??

Welcome for the scarf, wasn't really worth writting out the whole pattern, lol, not that I could anyway, but at least everyone gets the general gist of it, and most of you here anyway in this thread, can figure it out anyway by studying it, lol therefor the pics,,,, anyway, that's it for now, got some mail to attend to, and then I will go offline for a bit!! has anyone heard from Sopo lately??? I am getting worried about her, i think i pm'd her, Ill have to check.......

I just wanted to check in and say I got two squares and a card from Nikki,  Yarn_Monkey, today.  They actually arrived on Saturday when my mother-in-law was visiting and my husband told me I had gotten another puffy.   Then today I realized I had never gotten to open it and asked him about it. He had put it away.   So I finally got to open the today.   

Thank you, Nikki, for the two lovely squares and card.  I took a pic but I have to upload it and hope to get that on here in the next day or two.   

I hope all is well with everyone.

i do hope bgs and all else not feeling well, recover fully, and quickly, this is the time of year to enjoy, not be stuck inside, feeling like you know what warmed over, lol.  my best hopes and wishes of a speedy recovery, for all who need it.....

Hi lacey, good to see your post!! are you still working long hours??

Welcome for the scarf, wasn't really worth writting out the whole pattern, lol, not that I could anyway, but at least everyone gets the general gist of it, and most of you here anyway in this thread, can figure it out anyway by studying it, lol therefor the pics,,,, anyway, that's it for now, got some mail to attend to, and then I will go offline for a bit!! has anyone heard from Sopo lately??? I am getting worried about her, i think i pm'd her, Ill have to check.......

what was the starting chain for that scarf??

Stopping by to say hey before I leave for work. Hope all is well. I will try to stop in more.  Baby update>>>>> he is still in Riley. Every time they are about to send him home something happens. He didn't gain enough weight, can't ween him off the O2, he starts vomiting, He needed another blood transfusion yesterday.

I have a 138 question test tonight and I feel so unprepared for it. 

Kids are on spring break this week.  No big plans. they are at the youngest's dads right now then Shea is going to a friends house tomorrow for the rest of the week. 

Well that is about all the exciting news around here. Haope you all have a great week and i will try to stop in again soon

I hope he's able to leave the hospital soon. I think everybody does better at home! Keep us updated!  :hug

hi all, well good to hear from everone, dragnlady, welcome back to the fold, and I heard from Maria, and a.cretive.mrs, and of course

justaddglitter, some were sick, some were just recovering, or someone in the family were, so everyone is on the mend and hopefully we will be back to more regs soon, there were missed, it just isn't the same without them!!\

in other news of the day, hello to all, and hope you are enjoying the spring so far!! This is when everything outside, starts over again, the trees bud, the birdies sing, and flowers start to sprout!!

I have been working on a couple baby ghans for donation, i will pic them in the appropriate thread, and post that here for you all, and you can go and have a peek....other than that, me feeling much better, just was that one day I didn;t, so tomorrow, I will try to make it to the post office, and mail my friends PINK rr baby ghan, lol she must wonder where it is by now!!

and ms. viking, where might she be hanging out these days, lol hope all is well.....

Ann, pop in when you can, you both are missed as well..

Ok, well, Im gonna go and post those ghans, Ill be back, with that link!!

The baby blankets are adorable!! I've done some research and it seems like there's only one group in my area who takes donations... I emailed our local Project Linus head and even she said she takes everything to the one group. So I think I'll make some ghans for them, I know I've got some baby yarn around waiting to be used, and then I'll call the place where my mom had her chemo and see if I can take caps straight to them or what their rules are, if they have any. My mom loved her doctor and all the staff and she had friends in the waiting room and the chemo area, and I would love to donate there!  :manyheart

katy thanks for the instructions on the scarf.  Its amazing how different things look when you work some post stitches in.  I used to work 10 hour days.   It was okay when I was younger but at the end that last day was really rough-----because I was tired and that was also the day they worked us short handed.  I just don't know how people make it through the 12 hour shifts.  Hope you are feeling better.  I was too sick this weekend to do much.  Had planned on going in and working on my Dad's yard but I didn't feel good and of course didn't want to expose people to what I've got.  I don't think I slept but a couple of hours last night because I spent the rest of the night coughing.  I am tired from the coughing.  

That coughing that keeps you awake and keeps your from resting is just the worst! DH's grandmother swears that if you put Vicks VapoRub on your feet and then put socks on before you go to sleep that it helps the cough and lets you rest. I haven't had the chance to try it personaly, but she swears by it. I hope something works for you and that you get some sleep!  :hug

I just wanted to check in and say I got two squares and a card from Nikki,  Yarn_Monkey, today.  They actually arrived on Saturday when my mother-in-law was visiting and my husband told me I had gotten another puffy.   Then today I realized I had never gotten to open it and asked him about it. He had put it away.   So I finally got to open the today.   

Thank you, Nikki, for the two lovely squares and card.  I took a pic but I have to upload it and hope to get that on here in the next day or two.   

I hope all is well with everyone.

Yay, Sharon, I'm so glad they got there safely! I hope you can use them.  :)

Well the plan for today was for Sister and Peanut to come over and help me clean up and start getting ready for the big birthday party, but Sister and I were texting this morning and Peanut was just in a horrible mood and she couldn't get anything done. He's trying to get a top tooth or two and he's got one of those little canker sores on his gum and he's just miserable. So I got ready and went over to her house to give her a little break. Naturally he was a smiley happy baby the whole time I was there! Sister said he was screaming up until I came in and then it was all smiles! When I walked in the door, he came right up to me, grabbed my pants in one hand and "up up" with the other. Sister had to unload me so I could get the baby!  :lol

I got a little kitchen clean up done while I was making dinner (very little lol) and I'll work on a little fish amigurumi for Peanut's birthday tonight. I need to start getting my half of the room straight too. It's all yarn and WIPs just blown up everywhere, and that's clean up that only I can do because I need to know where to find it all later!  :D We're going out of town for about 5 days after the party so I need to get that project ready too. We're going to my uncle's house on the Chesapeake Bay and there's no TV or internet or cell phone coverage, so I'll probably take several projects to keep me busy! 

Well enough yapping for tonight, I'm going to go frog this seahorse that I've given up on and start the fishy. I hope everyone had a good Monday!  ;)

Hello all, I hope its going to be a good week!... I haven't done a lot of crochet over the weekend as every time I sat down to crochet, I fall asleep!! :( I hate that...

Almost done with my Easter baskets for my sons preschool class, have to fasten the handle and then stuff with goodies!!!

Hope everyone is feeling better. Get well soon all.

Hi All!  Quick Howdy to say I've been thinking of you all.  It's been a crazy busy week which left me drained and in bed with absolutely no energy.  My oldest son and his family did come out to visit for a short time on Saturday and I had a nice visit on Friday with some close friends that I hadn't seen in over a year.  It's all good but takes all I have to be a social butterfly these days, lol.  I also got another wonderful puffy in the mail this week!  Thank you so much snowbear!  I can't remember if I have thanked everyone that sent squares recently, please forgive my battered brain.  I love them all.  Here are some pics of the goodies!

post-16860-0-73327500-1427225168_thumb.jpg Thank you snowbear!

post-16860-0-78295800-1427225218_thumb.jpg Thank you yarn _monkey!

post-16860-0-33816700-1427225342_thumb.jpg Thank you viking!

post-16860-0-00340600-1427225433_thumb.jpg Thank you yarnscrapper!

Well, our weather has finally turned sunny, but it is still freezing!  It is supposed to get into the 40's today.  I have my fingers crossed that warmer weather is coming.  Please oh please let summer come soon, lol.

Oh, I think I saw some pretty baby blankets as I was logging in!  Was that Katie's name I saw next to them?  Lol.  Great job Katie!  Ok, I'm off to the couch and my hooks and yarn.  I'm making bunny bags for Easter for all the granddaughters.  One down and 3 to go!  Here's what the first one looks like....

post-16860-0-45844900-1427225779_thumb.jpg  aren't they cute!  Ok, gotta go! bye!

Tribble, ohmy gosh, you must be a busy bee, are those the same baskets annie made?? Show us a pic or post when you get them done, I bet they are just cherished by all thekids!!

Hello all, I hope its going to be a good week!... I haven't done a lot of crochet over the weekend as every time I sat down to crochet, I fall asleep!! :( I hate that...

Almost done with my Easter baskets for my sons preschool class, have to fasten the handle and then stuff with goodies!!!

Hope everyone is feeling better. Get well soon all.

Ann, some gorgeous eye candy, we march birthdays are sure lucky!!! I love love that basket, I wanna know how , lol is it a free pattern, or do you buy it, how cute for my brunch bunch, lol

Hi All!  Quick Howdy to say I've been thinking of you all.  It's been a crazy busy week which left me drained and in bed with absolutely no energy.  My oldest son and his family did come out to visit for a short time on Saturday and I had a nice visit on Friday with some close friends that I hadn't seen in over a year.  It's all good but takes all I have to be a social butterfly these days, lol.  I also got another wonderful puffy in the mail this week!  Thank you so much snowbear!  I can't remember if I have thanked everyone that sent squares recently, please forgive my battered brain.  I love them all.  Here are some pics of the goodies!

attachicon.gif008.JPG Thank you snowbear!

attachicon.gif018.JPG Thank you yarn _monkey!

attachicon.gif010.JPG Thank you viking!

attachicon.gif013.JPG Thank you yarnscrapper!

Well, our weather has finally turned sunny, but it is still freezing!  It is supposed to get into the 40's today.  I have my fingers crossed that warmer weather is coming.  Please oh please let summer come soon, lol.

Oh, I think I saw some pretty baby blankets as I was logging in!  Was that Katie's name I saw next to them?  Lol.  Great job Katie!  Ok, I'm off to the couch and my hooks and yarn.  I'm making bunny bags for Easter for all the granddaughters.  One down and 3 to go!  Here's what the first one looks like....

attachicon.gif002.JPG  aren't they cute!  Ok, gotta go! bye!

Gosh those bunny bags are cute.  yarn_monkey someone at work told dh about the vicks on the feet thing yesterday.  I hadn't heard of that one and then you mention it today.  Even though I have felt worse today I think its getting better.  It doesn't seem to be requiring as much medication to feel this bad.  I was able to get a little sleep last night.  

SOme wonderful Eye candy just in time for Easter. you all are so talented. 

Baby Brantley will be hopefully going home tomorrow.  he has been without o2 for over 24 hours. Praise God.

I didnt tell you in the midst of all this..........

My 19 yr old college student fractures his fib and tib bones in his lower right leg. Skateboarding

Archived