Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about boys being more climbers. My girls love climbing trees and still do till this day.My middle child which is a girl climb the counters,over fences and anything to could pull herself up on. She was my dare devil and scared me to death most of the time.

Only duplicated the entry three times, that's good. It would not load for me last night! Kept resubmitting by accident....

It was nice to see everyone's posts last night even if I was too tired to make words good. ^_^ Here is my official hope that Wednesday will be good to all of us!

Oh, and only two and a half more workdays until closing.... :hyper

Great big thank you's going out to Katie and Brenda for the beautiful squares I rec'd yesterday!  Brenda also included some wonderfil scarves for my Compassionate Creations charity!  I will try to post pics tomorrow.  You ladies really made my day!  (((hugs)))

Awwww! He's a cutie! Tell her ill trade for a bit; I'll watch over the climbing and she can have the general contrariness! Oh we had a night. And I feel bad because I only wanted to work on rainbow tonight and now I feel growly(er) because I didn't have time for it. But I did finish my last March square, so I'm at two mailed, two packed up, and two to finish ends on. So I've got that done, and so tomorrow I can rainbow. Yup. That's it.

Sharby it's good to see you! I have a coworker with thyroid problems and she had a really rough time for a while. Hope you're on the upswing now! I need to message you for an address but I will do that when I feel less grumbly bear.

I told Sister I think this baby is acting as her birth control!  :lol She said it's working! I hope you get to rainbow tomorrow! I haven't worked on my rainbow in a while, been too busy with the birthday party and squares! 

I don't know about boys being more climbers. My girls love climbing trees and still do till this day.My middle child which is a girl climb the counters,over fences and anything to could pull herself up on. She was my dare devil and scared me to death most of the time.

My dad said Sister and I weren't really climbers... I liked to climb this weeping cherry tree we had out front and this tree my grandmother had out front of her house, but I only ever managed the first branches because I'm too scared of heights. 

Only duplicated the entry three times, that's good. It would not load for me last night! Kept resubmitting by accident....

It was nice to see everyone's posts last night even if I was too tired to make words good. ^_^ Here is my official hope that Wednesday will be good to all of us!

Oh, and only two and a half more workdays until closing....

Holy cow, it's coming up fast!!  :eek  Are you all packed and ready??

Great big thank you's going out to Katie and Brenda for the beautiful squares I rec'd yesterday!  Brenda also included some wonderfil scarves for my Compassionate Creations charity!  I will try to post pics tomorrow.  You ladies really made my day!  (((hugs)))

That Brenda has been a busy hooker!! 

Oh, Katie, I almost missed it...  :bday  

I'm hoping to get squares out either tomorrow or Friday, depending on addresses. I have a square and a half to do yet and they'll be done tonight. 

Here's a couple pictures Sister sent me of Peanut the Monkey. The walker thingie has been disassembled and the elephant has been closed up in the bathroom. If he fell off either in the living room, it wouldn't be so bad, but the kitchen (that brown wood looking floor) is just laminate over concrete so it's pretty dangerous for him to fall the wrong way on. 

post-11765-0-79490500-1426130892_thumb.jpgpost-11765-0-30422500-1426130894_thumb.jpg

Not too much to report from today, we ran some errands and I made pork chops and green bean casserole for dinner. We're just hanging out now, watching TV. I got all my squares from Brenda attached to my ghan and I'm so close to being done with it that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  :yay  I think after March is over, it'll get a border and start getting used! 

I hope everybody's been doing well, it's been so quiet in here lately!  :hug

Viking, congratz, two more days, wow that went fast!!

yarnmonkey, wow, your ghan is close to being assembled almost, that is great news, and peanut, such a cutie pie, lol, they do get into everything, don't they, lol girls or boys!!

Snowbear, I think it is a thread that you read so many books a year, Im not sure, never really looked in on it...

Hi ya glitter, pineknot, and carol, how's it going ladies!!

Love seeing all of these squares!!!! 

Dropping in to say hello and happy Wednesday! We've got ballet today so I'm hoping to get some hooking done while she's in class. :D Have a great day!

you were born at home huh,that is interesting, amazing how they did that,now a days, pregnant ladies would sooooo balk at that idea, lol

I was born on a Sunday. My father delivered me at home.

Well I climbed trees too, but not at a young age, like little peanut climbs things,lol guess we all go through stages!!

I even had a tree house, we built it, with the help of some friends,lol boys and girls in the area, but it was built in MY YARD with some scrap wood, and rugs, and all sorts of homey things.lol

Oh, and only two and a half more workdays until closing.... :hyper

Wow congratz to the viking family!!!

i ann,glad they reached you safely, and our brenda has done a beautiful job as always, love those scarves she sent me too!! Might have to keep the blue one......guess Im waiting for bgs consent on that, lol       hint hint!!

In all other news, had a good day yesteray, went to lunch with daughter, ate too much, place called Summer Kitchen, thought there wasn't anymore of them, but she found one, lol

Also, went to viist her new office, as her boss just opened a new place, and she is now Technician Manager in the new office, so went there, lovely offices, needs a plant though, lol, have to take care of that little detail one of these days!!! lol Then off shopping, for a bit, then she brought me home, and went on to her dealerships for a scheduled oil change on her car. So once home, relaxed a short time, and the phone started ringing one after another call, best wishes for my bday, and some of the calls, were rather long, so before I knew it, handyman was home,and brought 2 fat t bones to grill out, being as it was my bday, and in the 70's out, so had that,and some baked potato,which all in all, was a lot more than i eat most days, lol so got stuffed..

Other than that, nice day, oh, got some new earrings too, b day gift, lovely... met  daughter's boss,very  nice person,have heard nothing but good about him from her, and she is right,he is a nice person.

What else,nothing mcuh yet today, both my sisters,and two or three of my friends, and some ladies from the brunch bunch all called, seemed like one after another ,lol, so kept me busy after I got home...Some were short calls, others, well,long distance so you talk longer,lol.cause you talk to them less often,righrt.

ALl for now, if anyone needs anything like addys, Ill checfk back in later, so pm me if you want. thanks now, for the birthday wishes, and the packages that have arrived!!! Ill check mail here today, about 4 or so, they come late, maybe Ill have another surprise!! lol           thanks again all......see you after awhile.

low blood sugar is not fun at all,being a pre diabetic,most times I'm not bothered with low,mine can be 90 and I feel no ill effects,now my daughter 90 is too low for her,the other day mine was 70,I think the problem is I didn't eat enough for breakfast,I was just trembling really bad,once I remedied that I was fine

Thanks for your post. It's been quite scary.  I'm working on a protocol from a book that I have called Low Blood Sugar Handbook.  I hope it will help.   

Thank you, Nikki and VikingRunner for the well wishes and encouragement.   

I wanted to thank GrannyAnnie for the wonderful squares and card that I received yesterday. They will be a lovely addition to my ghan.  Here are a couple of pics:

post-41725-0-15048900-1426205860_thumb.jpgpost-41725-0-51452700-1426205870_thumb.jpg

I also received some more wonderful squares and a card  today from cshort (Carol). Thank you so much.   They will also be a lovely addition to my afghan.  Here are the pics:

post-41725-0-99671400-1426205934_thumb.jpgpost-41725-0-42095200-1426205954_thumb.jpg

It's been wonderful getting all of these lovely squares.   Thank you so much.   It's so exciting opening them all.   

oooh such pretties, alas, I got some too, but the light is gone, I will photo them tomorrow, got a puffy from VIKING, lol they put the zip code on it that is just across the street from me, common error, it reached me anyway, Im relieved!! and then granny annie, and c short, and yarnmonkey, such nice squares, I love them all, got some blue, got some pink, they are all gorgeous, I love that stitch yarnmonkey, gosh is that single crochet too, sheesh, lot of work, and the pinks are to die for, the blue ones are so pretty, I guess it's no secret I love blue!!! thank you all, pics tomorrow, light is so dim here now, it won't come out very good, sniff sniff, thankyou all, suchpretties!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys sure are on top of things, sheesh, that was a lot of squares this month for birthdays, i only did the five bdays, but most did all six, but , as Im one of them, and didn't send myself a puffy, lol should have though, ha ha, would have made me laugh!! such pretties turning up, Im impressed with not only the numerous puffy's going out and being received, but the beautiful patterns, and colors as well, wow, we are so lucky birthday girls, lol..We have such a generous and giving bunch here on our thread!!!!! my hat is off, to you all!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone heard from Sopo that little hedgie mama, lately, lol,

Kimgoodie the call is out for you as well, do let us know you both are ok....

Can anyone else think of someone we haven't heard of, dragnlady5, haven't seen her in a while, hope all is well..

bgs.  and kay, hope all is well, and we read your posts soon!!

What is a 50 book challenge?  :help

50 Book Challenge is over in the Off Topic Conversations. Basically we just keep track of all the books we read and as we finish, we post them over there.  :)

oooh such pretties, alas, I got some too, but the light is gone, I will photo them tomorrow, got a puffy from VIKING, lol they put the zip code on it that is just across the street from me, common error, it reached me anyway, Im relieved!! and then granny annie, and c short, and yarnmonkey, such nice squares, I love them all, got some blue, got some pink, they are all gorgeous, I love that stitch yarnmonkey, gosh is that single crochet too, sheesh, lot of work, and the pinks are to die for, the blue ones are so pretty, I guess it's no secret I love blue!!! thank you all, pics tomorrow, light is so dim here now, it won't come out very good, sniff sniff, thankyou all, suchpretties!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys sure are on top of things, sheesh, that was a lot of squares this month for birthdays, i only did the five bdays, but most did all six, but , as Im one of them, and didn't send myself a puffy, lol should have though, ha ha, would have made me laugh!! such pretties turning up, Im impressed with not only the numerous puffy's going out and being received, but the beautiful patterns, and colors as well, wow, we are so lucky birthday girls, lol..We have such a generous and giving bunch here on our thread!!!!! my hat is off, to you all!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone heard from Sopo that little hedgie mama, lately, lol,

Kimgoodie the call is out for you as well, do let us know you both are ok....

Can anyone else think of someone we haven't heard of, dragnlady5, haven't seen her in a while, hope all is well..

bgs.  and kay, hope all is well, and we read your posts soon!!

It sounds like you had a really wonderful day! I'm so glad!!  :hug I'm thrilled I'm a March baby so I only have 5 to do! Lol! I should be hitting the post office tomorrow, too! Early to middle of next week everyone should have their squares!  :yes

I got a puffy from Annie today!  :hug I can't wait to get them on my ghan! I should've rotated my picture but I forgot. Oh well, you get the point! Lol! 

post-11765-0-07172900-1426211257_thumb.jpg

DH and I went out for lunch today to a place we've been meaning to go forever but never thought about. Plus it's in the middle of the city and it's only street parking and generally a pain in the rear. But it was featured on the Food Network show Man vs. Food, so we made the trek! And it was so good! They're known for their sub sandwiches, so we each got a half and that sucker was a foot long almost! Clearly we weren't hungry for dinner for a long time! After lunch we went to the science museum... I don't think they've repaired some of their exhibits since we went as kids, but it was fun anyway just because it's been so long since we've gone. 

Tomorrow I'm going to the post office and to visit Sister and Peanut. We're going to go to a local farmer's market. They've got a deal where you spend $10 and you get a 4 pack of plants and 2 pounds of apples for free! I'm hoping for some herbs for the kitchen and I want to make apple butter so that will all work out! 

I hope all the ladies we haven't heard from lately are doing well! We miss you all!!  :manyheart

YAY I'm glad it got there! I was so worried, but the post office woman was adamant that I had the wrong zip code down. I wonder why that post office changed it but mine didn't when I've sent before?? Very strange.

So tired tonight, and things have been so rough with LV.... He's fine until it's time to do something. Time to get ready for school. Time to get ready for bed. Time to GO to bed. Then it's running around and laughing and grabbing anything he can reach (without caring if he breaks it or not or if it's his or not) and throwing things and yelling and I am so. Fed. Up. I'm sure I still have stuff to do tonight but we're both so exhausted I think we just don't care... very happy I got my kitchen cleaning done this morning!

And we are so not totally packed. We're making some progress, we've got a lot packed up. But there's still a lot to go. Fortunately we're not selling our place yet, so we don't have to have everything wrapped up all at once!

hi ya viking, yep, got um, we have two zips, we are on the 68144 side of the block, the other side is the one they corrected it to, which gets here, but isn't here, know what I mean.....anway, lovely, thank you again, I will post tomorrow, as the light has been gone now, for a while, lol

Well, he is a busy boy, and i would venture to say, you would rather really deep down have him the way he is, than to be sick, or hurt, or something, soooooo I guess all i can say is, take a few deep breaths, he is just still a baby, lol and loves his mommy bunches...

FOr the packing, wow, you must have a lot done, I did too, in advance, had boxes stacked up all over, but I labled them, at least in what room they belonged, so packing would not be so difficult to sort out, also, I packed a special box, with bedding, and bath things, so we could crash after the move in, and have sheets, and take a shower, lol I knew we would have like pizza or somthing delivered, so wasnt worried about food, but shower, and bed sheets, uh huh, lol

we did most of it ourselves, don't wanna do that again too soon, lol, probably can't anymore anyway, bad backs, and such, but,

we did it in several loads, and I had time to kind of unpack a few things, in the interim of unloading. Then not too long ago, we or handyman helped daughter move into her new apt with her hubby, and the steps there, practiacally killed him, but he did it, lol just was in pain for a while after, so I hope you are hiring it done, with the little one, it just makes sense....and will take some, i say some of the stress out of the whole deal!!

Oh, don't forget to pm me your new addy missy, lol all in good time, huh!! best of luck closing too!!

good morning all :) Just got home from working a 10 hr shift last night. (and 10 hrs the night before too), gotta get the kids up an on the bus before I can go to bed. And then clean the house, and get ready for another 10 hr shift tonight. Atleast Ive been sleeping. actually I should say I layed down adn was comatose for 7 hours straight, I usually toss and turn while sleeping. I woke up in the exact same position that I fell asleep in, I didnt budge one bit LOL. 

I would love to crochet a bit today but i dont know if ill be able to stay away long enough to get anything done..

See you all later, Happy Friday :hug

Good morning!

Feeling better just not a 100% yet.

Been working on the mid night brite blanket and I am half way done now. I won't work on anything until I finish it first. I really need to finish it. It is looking awesome. I love it.

Thanks Viking for the package yesterday. It was a nice surprise from you. Thank you!

Going to lay down for a bit for I have a headache and today I am taking the boys to see their mother.. It's been really nice to not to take that trip every weekend.

I checked yesterday,and we have little daffodil shoots coming up,In a mild winter they are in full bloom the first week in March

looks like it will be the end of March for this bunch

well good news i hear, lol, congratz on the hubby's promotion, owlvamp, glad you are a bit better, and Immafreak, Im getting worried about all this working stuff you're doing, lol....

well, had an unscheduled job today, started out as 'will you sweep and wipe out the under sinks cupboards, while I dust and wipe everything in there off in the bathtub, please" to handyman,,,,turned out fine, but was a way bigger job, as he discovered an small pipe or something dripping, slowly, but surely, and the floor of the cubboard has been in dire need of replacement since we moved here, soooooooo. two trips to Home Depot, one for the connector thing on the water dealie, and another for new board for the floor of the cupboard, while he had everything out of it, lol

Hours later, he is done , and I was done cleaning and sorting and throwing stuff away, lol, and the bathroom is all done now, I got rid of a lot of junk that always collects under the sinks, and found this, lol I washed it all out, and will use it for a yarn bowl, as the one I had been using, isnt' or doesn't seem heavy enough, so this will work!!!

And washed a load, all my cleaning rags that I store under there, needed a good wash, and the sinks vainity area storage area is nice and new and clean, AND I have a new yarn bowl!!

post-40621-0-49320900-1426289175_thumb.jpg

and, here as promised is the pix of the squares I received in no particular order, and the wonderfully nice cards that accompanied them!! again, thank you Grannyannie, cshort, viking, and yarn monkey!!!!

VIKING       you have the neatest prettiest script I think I have ever seen, wow, i thought it was printed out, excellent, but it is free hand, huh!!! wow, nice.

post-40621-0-54798400-1426289305_thumb.jpg

hi ya viking, yep, got um, we have two zips, we are on the 68144 side of the block, the other side is the one they corrected it to, which gets here, but isn't here, know what I mean.....anway, lovely, thank you again, I will post tomorrow, as the light has been gone now, for a while, lol

Well, he is a busy boy, and i would venture to say, you would rather really deep down have him the way he is, than to be sick, or hurt, or something, soooooo I guess all i can say is, take a few deep breaths, he is just still a baby, lol and loves his mommy bunches...

FOr the packing, wow, you must have a lot done, I did too, in advance, had boxes stacked up all over, but I labled them, at least in what room they belonged, so packing would not be so difficult to sort out, also, I packed a special box, with bedding, and bath things, so we could crash after the move in, and have sheets, and take a shower, lol I knew we would have like pizza or somthing delivered, so wasnt worried about food, but shower, and bed sheets, uh huh, lol

we did most of it ourselves, don't wanna do that again too soon, lol, probably can't anymore anyway, bad backs, and such, but,

we did it in several loads, and I had time to kind of unpack a few things, in the interim of unloading. Then not too long ago, we or handyman helped daughter move into her new apt with her hubby, and the steps there, practiacally killed him, but he did it, lol just was in pain for a while after, so I hope you are hiring it done, with the little one, it just makes sense....and will take some, i say some of the stress out of the whole deal!!

Oh, don't forget to pm me your new addy missy, lol all in good time, huh!! best of luck closing too!!

Well, today went better with the kid; bedtime still a liiiiittle rough, but we may get there yet... He helped me label a lot of boxes a while ago - I've been writing "craft room", "kitchen", "library", etc. on them. He took seven boxes of books and wrote his name on them with a Sharpie. It was adorable, and I was just like "Great, now I'm never going to want to get rid of these boxes."

We're not hiring movers, but we are recruiting friends to help us out, and my mom is coming too and we're probably going to have her go with the little guy over to the new place to play while we're working on stuff. Or maybe they can stay here and play, I don't know. But she'll probably be kid-sitting while Daddy and I move furniture!

Good morning!

Been working on the mid night brite blanket and I am half way done now. I won't work on anything until I finish it first. I really need to finish it. It is looking awesome. I love it.

Thanks Viking for the package yesterday. It was a nice surprise from you. Thank you!

Going to lay down for a bit for I have a headache and today I am taking the boys to see their mother.. It's been really nice to not to take that trip every weekend.

*happy dance* It got there when they said it would! Yay! I was super excited about that one, since it was a sneaky surprise. :D

Rough day today... My favourite author in the whole world died yesterday, and I found out about it in the middle of work this morning. I had to hide in the bathroom and call DH so I could cry at somebody just to keep from breaking down in the office. I mean, everybody knew he was sick... but I think we all hoped that he would just magically last forever. I was just wondering the other day what the next book was going to be about.  :cry

When we moved into this house, we did all our own packing and DH, Sister and a friend of DH moved most of the boxes and left the big stuff for movers. We could have done it ourselves but we'd pretty much used all our free help when DH moved in with me 6 months before. We weren't planning on going anywhere so soon, but our landlord decided he needed his house back because he broke up with his girlfriend, so out we went! We've been in this house for about 2.5 years and will probably be here until at least the end of the next lease, June 2016. We've collected so much stuff since we've been here that we'll hire the movers again and just have them move all of it, except the fragile stuff that I just don't trust anybody to handle. Our movers are cheap and efficient, not gentle!  :lol

good morning all :) Just got home from working a 10 hr shift last night. (and 10 hrs the night before too), gotta get the kids up an on the bus before I can go to bed. And then clean the house, and get ready for another 10 hr shift tonight. Atleast Ive been sleeping. actually I should say I layed down adn was comatose for 7 hours straight, I usually toss and turn while sleeping. I woke up in the exact same position that I fell asleep in, I didnt budge one bit LOL. 

I would love to crochet a bit today but i dont know if ill be able to stay away long enough to get anything done..

See you all later, Happy Friday :hug

I'm glad you finally got good sleep!! I know when I wake up and my hair still looks okay, I slept good and hard!!  :yes

Good morning!

I really can't wait to see the midnight brite ghan!! It's going to be lovely!  :manyheart  I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better at least but I know you can't wait till your back to 100%!

Hey everyone! Great news, DH got a promotion he interviewed for at work, yay! I need to get jumping on my squares! lol Hope everyone is okay and looking forward to the weekend! 

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!!!  :yay  :yay

So I technically made it to the post office today... by the time I got there, it was after 5 so I had to use their self service machine. In theory that would be fine, but they only let you do one transaction at a time and you have to use your debit or credit card. So I had something else to mail, so that's 5 swipes. Fine whatever, that's what I get for missing their window hours. So I get the first package postaged and paid for and on to the next one. This is when I realized that they have a postage minimum of $1.00. Most of my packages were not heavy enough to get to their minimum. So one went into the mail. The others will go in the morning.  :bang  I just don't understand why you can't do them all at one time. So back tomorrow to get the rest out. Sheesh. 

Sister and I went to the farmer's market and I got the apples I need for the apple butter. That will go into the crockpot overnight tomorrow night I think. It's a 13 hour process so I think overnight is probably the best option. We also went to Walmart and I got my apple peeler/corer thing that attaches to the counter... because there is just no way I'm peeling and coring 6 pounds of apples by hand! Lol! 

I was going to go watch Peanut tomorrow while Sister and her boyfriend went to pick up a cabinet but the boyfriend is going with his stepdad so Sister can stay home, so I'll just go to the post office instead and chicken for enchiladas will go in the crockpot in the morning. Otherwise, not much else planned for the day and I'm okay with that. Sister and Peanut wear me out! He was thrilled to see me though and it was up down up down up down all day long, even when he had the option of Sister he'd come to me! He knows he's got Auntie whipped into shape!  :yes

I hope everyone has a good Saturday and I'll be back tomorrow! For now, I'm going to go work on Peanut's seahorse and maybe start a C2C afghan to use up some of these random skeins and half skeins I've got laying around. Everybody needs a random afghan! And I've got Annie's squares to put on my ghan!  :hook

Hi everyone!

I've been keeping busy and being very tired. But I will do some relaxing this weekend while I visit my daughter and her family and maybe sneak in a little crocheting. Have a great weekend.

Hi ya carol, hope you are enjoying your "me" day, lol I love those days, when nothing is scheduled, nothing pending, nothiing to do, nowhere i have to go, and no one but me and the pets home, lol....Those are my me days and they seem few and far between, but Im not complaining, even though  it might sound like it, lol

Today, handyman redid around the flowering tree in the front yard, put a circumfrance of bricks around it, and filled that in then with river rock, looks nice, tired of the weeds growing up in the circle, so river rock is a nice change. and he put in the pepper patch too, which the peppers will be ready to transplant from the greenhouse to the pepper patch soon,be a bit more on the flowers,  probably, lol..

It's gonna be 68 today, and 78 tomorrow, lol, that is yard weather, time to get lots done before the heat of summer hits up BAM, without  any spring like weather to enjoy probably, lol.

That;s all, over and out for now, oh one more thing, I did hear from Snowbear, she asked me to pass on her thanks for all that made puffy's for her, as she loves them, and she has taken a fall, injuring herself, but will be back soon,to make some squares for all of you that sent her some, so, we all wish you a speedy recovery arlene, and will see you when you feel better!!

Archived