Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had yucky hail and rain yesterday. Seems like a good chance the slush might get washed away since it was still raining when I left this morning, but now I'm hearing more snow tomorrow and maybe tonight, so I hope we don't have wet roads freezing on us. Blah.

hi yarnmonkey, that peanut is so smart, he knows he has you in the palm of his little hanee!!  YEah, good, you like the charity thing, that is good to know, i hope others agree with us, lol... How bout it all??? read the post, above, and lemme get your opinion, pwety pweeze!..\

Snow, rain, ZOmbies, lol, ice and cold, or all of the above sure has been plaqueing our members as of late, but the hooks go on!! Hail to the hook!! posted the pic of the christmas baby ghan donation, and the scarf I made, check them out, lol the scarf was a close finish, so didn't fringe it, could have used either red or a white, or blue, but ran out of the varg, one tiny strand left, lol... Both will be donations for Nov. for the mission here locally. or the scarf may go to the vets home, being as it is patriotic colors, lol (this was one thing on my to do list, to photo and post those two things, and post stashbusting score too, which is done as well! Yay!!) also throwing my hands above my head, and yelling, lololol.

other than that, ohhhhhh yes, did my job today, worked off my to do list, soooooooo got the puffys for march all sent out this am, and did some other errands in that general area, so did pretty good, it was cold, but sun was out, and I didn't hardly need my heater in the car on, after the first few minutes...

so March Happy birthday girls, heads up, look for them in 3 to 5 days please, they will be in your mailbox  soon!!!!!!!!!

Cashed in a 40 per cent off coupon on a pound of love, at Michaels too, one more trip, to walgreens tomorrow for double a batteries on sale, and maybe the bread bakers, Rotellas, and I will be done for this week, hopefully,lol

tonight chicken nuggets, just have to bake them a few minutes, and um, oh, for desert, we have red jello with bananas in it, topped with ready whip!! might stick a couple baked taters in too, for a side, but I don'twant vegies tonight, lol for whatever reason, lol

Oh I know what we were gonna have with it, lol, made some beef/mushroom/barley soup yesterday, boy it was hearty, and delish, so have some of that lelt  too i should use up, instead of the baked taters, is that weird, to have soup and nuggets, lol oh well, we'll like them anyway!! we'll see, lol.

stay warm folks, spring is right around the next corner, I know it is, it has to be, it MUST be, lol

It's been another cloudy day and its been bone chilling cold out.  This morning the porch and drive was covered in white-------tiny, tiny ice crystals.  I guess they freeze dried because they are gone and it was too cold for them to melt.  Did I really see a 71 in the 7 day forecast or did I just imagine it?  

Always good to get a Peanut update.  

I got out my knifty knitter loom and have been making scarves on it using up some novelty yarns.  I didn't like crocheting with it but it works up pretty good doing double knit on the long looms.  I am going to send some to grannyannie for her charity.

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much, just been a little busy. I am planning to mail March birthday puffies tomorrow or the next day, the squares are done just need to weave ends and put them in the envelopes.

hi yarnmonkey, that peanut is so smart, he knows he has you in the palm of his little hanee!!  YEah, good, you like the charity thing, that is good to know, i hope others agree with us, lol... How bout it all??? read the post, above, and lemme get your opinion, pwety pweeze!..\

Snow, rain, ZOmbies, lol, ice and cold, or all of the above sure has been plaqueing our members as of late, but the hooks go on!! Hail to the hook!! posted the pic of the christmas baby ghan donation, and the scarf I made, check them out, lol the scarf was a close finish, so didn't fringe it, could have used either red or a white, or blue, but ran out of the varg, one tiny strand left, lol... Both will be donations for Nov. for the mission here locally. or the scarf may go to the vets home, being as it is patriotic colors, lol (this was one thing on my to do list, to photo and post those two things, and post stashbusting score too, which is done as well! Yay!!) also throwing my hands above my head, and yelling, lololol.

other than that, ohhhhhh yes, did my job today, worked off my to do list, soooooooo got the puffys for march all sent out this am, and did some other errands in that general area, so did pretty good, it was cold, but sun was out, and I didn't hardly need my heater in the car on, after the first few minutes...

so March Happy birthday girls, heads up, look for them in 3 to 5 days please, they will be in your mailbox  soon!!!!!!!!!

Cashed in a 40 per cent off coupon on a pound of love, at Michaels too, one more trip, to walgreens tomorrow for double a batteries on sale, and maybe the bread bakers, Rotellas, and I will be done for this week, hopefully,lol

tonight chicken nuggets, just have to bake them a few minutes, and um, oh, for desert, we have red jello with bananas in it, topped with ready whip!! might stick a couple baked taters in too, for a side, but I don'twant vegies tonight, lol for whatever reason, lol

Oh I know what we were gonna have with it, lol, made some beef/mushroom/barley soup yesterday, boy it was hearty, and delish, so have some of that lelt  too i should use up, instead of the baked taters, is that weird, to have soup and nuggets, lol oh well, we'll like them anyway!! we'll see, lol.

stay warm folks, spring is right around the next corner, I know it is, it has to be, it MUST be, lol

Peanut definitely knows he's got Auntie wrapped right around that little bitty pinky of his and will give him the world if he just sticks that bottom lip out, so he plays along and gives auntie what she wants. That mom though is mean to him and makes him wear pants and clean diapers so he just listens to Auntie instead.  :lol Auntie gives him icing and donuts and toys. Mommy gives him vegetables. 

It's been another cloudy day and its been bone chilling cold out.  This morning the porch and drive was covered in white-------tiny, tiny ice crystals.  I guess they freeze dried because they are gone and it was too cold for them to melt.  Did I really see a 71 in the 7 day forecast or did I just imagine it?  

Always good to get a Peanut update.  

I got out my knifty knitter loom and have been making scarves on it using up some novelty yarns.  I didn't like crocheting with it but it works up pretty good doing double knit on the long looms.  I am going to send some to grannyannie for her charity.

I love the knifty knitter for using those furry yarns! I use the big round one and make a big long tube and it works great as a regular scarf, or stretches out and makes a cowl. That kind of makes me wonder where I put my knifty knitter... 

DH took me to the outlets today. I was hoping to find a pair of boots I can wear in the snow, but every single pair I tried on rubbed the back of my leg bad if they were tall or the front of my leg if they were short. I wound up with a pair of what I think are technically hiking boots, but they're water proof and they were on sale, so I'm happy! I went in another store to try to find Sister the diaper bag she's been wanting but they didn't have any. The one she's been using has the long cross body strap and it cuts into her neck and leaves a nasty looking red mark so she really needs a new one. She's got too much time left needing a big carry all bag to put up with that so I'll keep looking. 

By the time we got home, we didn't feel like going to the grocery store, so we just ordered pizza instead. In theory it's supposed to snow again tomorrow (ugh) but if it's not bad, I'll put on my new shoes and go to the store then. If it is bad, we'll have leftover pizza!  :yes They're saying 2-4" plus ice because it's supposed to alternate between sleet and snow.  :(  I keep telling DH I'm ready to move and we'll just take Peanut with us. I don't think he's going for it!  :D

I've got the body, head and ears done on Peanut's elephant, so hopefully I'll finish that up tonight and have it for him the next time he comes to visit. With any luck (and a lot of ambition) I'll be able to start one of his under the sea critters too. I still need to find a fish or something so if anybody knows of any good patterns, let me know! 

I hope everyone is staying warm! Spring really needs to get a move on! :yes

Good Morning

I feel horrible and miserable.

Me didn't hear alarm go off. So which means late getting the boys up and off to school late which made daughter late. Spent hours coughing my head off and barely can breathe. So for me today will spend time in bed. That's the best i can do... Daughter is home from college so will let her do everything today. I don't have little man so it shouldn't be so hard for her.

It's raining here and suppose to get snow tonight tonight. This crazy weather!!.

katy i think that's an awesome idea for April. It would give me some time to make hats for the foster kids, homeless and the battered women here. I am always in need of over 75 hats, scarves , blankets, gloves. So this will give me a chance to get a head start.

Good Morning

Me didn't hear alarm go off. So which means late getting the boys up and off to school late which made daughter late. Spent hours coughing my head off and barely can breathe. So for me today will spend time in bed. That's the best i can do... Daughter is home from college so will let her do everything today. I don't have little man so it shouldn't be so hard for her.

It's raining here and suppose to get snow tonight tonight. This crazy weather!!.

sorry you aren't feeling well,try and get some rest

owlvamp sorry you are sick.  I hope it doesn't last long. I think the cardinal photo about sums up a lot of our feelings on daylight savings time and this winter weather.  

Even thought it is frigid outside there was sun today so kitty (and I) enjoyed sunspots in the living room today.  

yarn_monkey I can't wait to see the elephant you are working on.  I have never made a cowl/scarf with the knifty knitters so I may have to give that a try.  

A bird with Starbucks!!  I love it!!

Katy, I like the idea of doing charity projects for the month of April.

Hello to everyone.

I have never been to a Starbucks,so that blew right past me,till you said that and went  and re looked at it

ooh hello all, glad to hear there are quite a few for the charity thing, that makes me happy, most of us here do charity work regularly anyways, why not share some of our pics, huh, lol So that will be the month of April, unless of course, we get a new member with an april birthday, then we'll do her squares first, lol, and then our charity thing!!!

So sorry some of you are down in the dumps, or not feeling well, I sure hope that passes for those of you feeling ikky!!

Sunny warmer days are on the books for the rest of the week, and into next week, BOUT TIME, id say...AND don't forget it it applies to you , to jump up your clocks by one hour, sat. night, so you can wake up to the real time on sunday!!

Cute picture, lol I don't do starbucks either Linda, in fact, don't do coffee at all, so it passed over my head too, lol.

Hi all :hug. Im here. Lol. Work had been kicking my butt lately. I had to do a 10hr shift last night 7pm to 5am. And to top it off one of my coworkers flipped out and had a psychotic breakdown and we had to call the boss at 3am bc we honestly feared for our lives. Needless to say, he was let go last night. Hopefully tonight goes smoothly since we will only have 2 ppl instead of 3. Ill try to catch up on reading posts tomorrow. :hug

Good Morning

I'm sorry you don't feel well! I hope you're feeling better when you get up tomorrow. I've heard rubbing Vicks Vaporub on the bottoms of your feet and then putting socks on to go to bed helps a lot with breathing and coughing. I have no idea how it helps, but DH's grandmother swears by it.  :hug And that bird is spot on to how I feel about this whole winter thing!!! 

owlvamp sorry you are sick.  I hope it doesn't last long. I think the cardinal photo about sums up a lot of our feelings on daylight savings time and this winter weather.  

Even thought it is frigid outside there was sun today so kitty (and I) enjoyed sunspots in the living room today.  

yarn_monkey I can't wait to see the elephant you are working on.  I have never made a cowl/scarf with the knifty knitters so I may have to give that a try.  

I got him all finished last night, stayed up late to do it. I took a couple pictures this afternoon but they're not so good so I'll do more with the camera tomorrow in hopefully better light and then post them. I wasn't real sure about it at first because it seemed like the head to body ratio was just off, but now that he's got ears and legs, he is just adorable in my humble opinion! Peanut will really enjoy chewing on him and smashing him on the floor and laying on him!  :lol

For the cowls, I just use fun fur on the big round loom and make a really long tube. The fun fur really stretches so you can open it up and put your head in it like a cowl or stretch it out long ways and use it like a regular scarf. It's the only way I'll use fun fur!  :yes

Hi all :hug. Im here. Lol. Work had been kicking my butt lately. I had to do a 10hr shift last night 7pm to 5am. And to top it off one of my coworkers flipped out and had a psychotic breakdown and we had to call the boss at 3am bc we honestly feared for our lives. Needless to say, he was let go last night. Hopefully tonight goes smoothly since we will only have 2 ppl instead of 3. Ill try to catch up on reading posts tomorrow. :hug

That is so scary! I hope everything is much more calm tonight!! 

I made an octopus today for Peanut's birthday, the first of the underwater critters. I've got a seahorse, a crab and a fish and I want to find a sea turtle. I'll post all of those critters together in one post when I get them done. I was going to start the seahorse tonight but I got distracted with the next Moogly CAL square which has been a big fat pain in the rear because of how it's written (and clearly wasn't tested) but I've only got a couple rows left of that and then back to the critters and the last couple March squares.  :D

DH and I went to Costco and the grocery store today, hoping to beat the ice and snow and almost made it but not quite. We're supposed to break a record for the low temp tonight and it won't get above freezing tomorrow so we're not going anywhere. The roads will be awful with the hours of sleet and freezing rain this afternoon and then an inch or so of snow this evening. Which is why we were trying to hard to get to the store and get back today! So tomorrow is strictly hooky time and probably a little cleaning in there somewhere. I need to dig out my kitchen table from everything that's gotten piled on it! 

Maria, if you're checking in, please let us know how the new job is coming!  :hug

Hi All!  I'm heading to bed but you we all on my mind so wanted to say "Hi"!!!  I have 4 puffies ready to go out to the March birthday girls.  I just need to address them and get them to the PO.  That can be the biggest challenge, lol.  I hope you are all well and staying warm.  We made it into the 20's today!  Woohoo!, it's a heat wave!  take care...........Annie

Good Morning

I hope you're feeling better today!!  :hug

ImmaFreek glad the situation was resolved with no one getting hurt. Hope it goes better tonight.

owlvamp I hope you are okay and getting a lot of rest

yarn_monkey Sorry you are getting nasty weather.  I hope you don't lose electricity.  The last two weekends  we have had to alter/cancel our plans because of the weather.   I am really looking forward to getting out this weekend.  It's supposed to be sunny and warmish.  

Happy March Birthdays!  I went to the PO today and packages are on their way.  Let's see estimated arrival dates on 5 of them said Mon and one said Thurs.  I think Mon is a little over optimistic so maybe you will all have them by Thurs.   

Hello and Happy Friday!

Staying busy here. Looks like it might be a rainy weekend here, might be a good weekend to stay in and crochet. Have a great evening everyone.

Happy Friday everyone. Last night went pretty smooth. But at the moment im running on 1hour of sleep for the last 27 hours and wont get any until i get off work in the morning. So ill be looking at 1 hour of sleep in 38 hours when i get off of work. :/ I need to check the mailbox, i think ill go do that in a minute. :)

Archived