Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ann, Happy Birthday dear lady!!  hope you enjoy your day, and about that warmer weather, what kinda puffy or box would that fit it, see it's not a matter of can't send it to you, lol it's a matter of how to pack it!!!! Hoping your special day is a good one, best of the best!! :bday

hey ya everyone else, nikki, still not feeling well, how is little peanut too, and owlvam, and ann, feel better soon l ladies!! :yes

Owlvamp, saw that ghan, my oh my what a stunning piece, that is certainly gonig to be muchly (is that a word?)  appreciated for sure, just lovely, nice job, and what a job, and LQQK  anyone that helped make squares, it's so pretty!! worth the wait huh!!

working on a ghan, baby ghan, gotta send off my friends grand baby's tomorrow, she said, sight unseen, she will adore it, so include the bill with it, consider it already sold!! so, off it goes tomorrow, or friday, depending on the other things to do, I almost forgot brunch was today, remembered by accident last night, lol so we had 7 today, the number of ladies, varies from month to month, but thats fine,don't mind that a bit... It was nice, and everyone was in a happy place, so all went well..\

well i had another thought, but you know, it's gone now, lol tv distracted me, that's my story, :yes and Im sticking to it!! ;) later ladies, :h5  till then,To The Hooks!! :sun

Another cool rainy day here.  So glad its not ice and snow.  After dh got home last night and described how he felt yesterday I think he has a touch of the flu or a cold at the very least.  Now I think I am catching it too.  

I was thrilled to receive more squares :)

Thank you to  Viking for this pretty square which I received yesterday:  

post-41725-0-60774700-1426814667_thumb.jpg

Thank you to Yarnscrapper for this lovely square which I received today:   

post-41725-0-39237400-1426814721_thumb.jpg

I love them both and they will both be a lovely addition to my Friendshipghan. Thank you both so much :)

Yay, my squares all arrived today! I'd forgotten they were expected today. What a nice surprise for me to log on to! :D

We're switched tonight - last night I was beat and crashed early, and tonight DH looks like how I felt last night, but I'm doing better. Taking a half day tomorrow to work on move stuff... I think I'm going to do a few shuttles back and forth to get smaller stuff cleared out so we can get to the bigger stuff. Oh, and I have to remember something for the fish, too... Have to write myself a note!

Ok, gotta go. He's banging around in there and he needs to go to bed. I've got to go make him do that. Night all! Happy Friday-to-be!!

Just a quick check in for me tonight... DH took me to the doctor and it's an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection. I can't get sick without it heading to the ears! Figures I went all winter without getting sick and then I get hit a couple days before my birthday! 

:bday  grannyannie!!!! A little late, but better than never!  :)

All my puffies finally went out today. I sent DH into the post office before we picked up my prescriptions and they're all supposed to arrive on Monday! 

I had a heck of a time getting a good pic of my square from Viking... no flash was blurry and with flash just seemed way too bright... but I guess that's better than blurry. 

post-11765-0-29625900-1426826264_thumb.jpg

i haven't touched my hooks or yarn since I started feeling sick, so I still have this square from Viking, the squares from Carol and the squares from Annie to put on my ghan. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend.

I hope this antibiotic kicks in fast because I have to get this place ready for Peanut's birthday party next weekend! Illnesses only hit when they're most inconvenient, don't they??

Happy Friday everyone and I'll be back tomorrow! I'm taking my sick butt to bed!  :yes

Just checking in to say hi!!! Had the cough congestion stuff and its still lingering!!! Hubby has it too and wasn't happy that I brought it home from work... Oh well hope to get back to the easter baskets tomorrow... Have a family fun Night at Little Tribbles preschool tomorrow. Probably will be all I will do as I have been at work the last three nights. Most of the time I really like three 12 hour shifts a week but sometimes it is just exhausting...:)

Yarnscraper, was busy!! I too got a most lovely pink sqaure, the pattern is just darling, I love it, is  it one you can share, I have most of the crochet books, but I  don't remember if I have seen this one or not, it's lovely daaaa ling, thank you so much for thinking of me, and   for your sweet note as well!!! here it is, it's so pretty!!

post-40621-0-28844800-1426894986_thumb.jpg

yarn-monkey--very pretty and unusual square from viking.  Hoping those antibiotics kick in soon.

ImmaFreek and katy pretty squares from yarnscrapper.  It sure has been fun to see so many squares this month.

Well you can add my name to the list of those with the congestion and cough.  Its worse than just allergies. 

you can see my peach and white finally complete baby ghan donation here.... These go so quickly usually, lol it's SPRINGy if you ask me, lol 

hugs to all those feeling icky too!!! :hug

These things just fly off your hook don't they?? I'm always amazed at how fast you post your finished projects! I need to figure out some places to donate around my area... I'm sure there has to be somewhere... I'm just not really sure where to start. I may have DH help me. His Google skills are out of this world! 

I feel much better tonight than I have all week, but still haven't really managed to get up off the couch. It's a start though, and I'll take what I can get! I even got my squares from Carol and Viking edged and ready to go on my ghan! First time I've picked up a hook since last weekend! 

And I got a square from yarnscrapper too! I love it and it will go great on my ghan! I really think I'll have it finished by the end of the month!  :)

post-11765-0-99613400-1426906551_thumb.jpg

Still no applebutter yet. Hopefully I'll get that in tomorrow, if this trend of feeling better keeps up. Peanut's birthday party is a week from tomorrow so I need to get a move on with cleaning up the house and getting everything set up. Sister and I may have bit off more than we could chew with this one! 

I hope everyone had a good week! Happy Friday!  :ghug

Hey everyone I've got you all squares. They are beautiful. I will send you some back. I got to get envelopes first. And I will make the square as fast as I can OK.  It will be the 1st of April. Before I can get envelopes.  Sorry everyone. But I will get you all a square or two made.  I have to take my time. I am really sorry. I will try to hurry.

hope All our squares are improving healthwise, lol, I just have alergies sometimes, as I sneeze but not having too many other symptoms, so it's not a major thing!!

Yarn moneky, dear girl, thank you for the squares, Gosh they are absolutely breathtaking, this pic won't do them justice as I was losing the light when I took the pic, thank you so much, with all you do for sister and all, I sure appreciate you thinking of me!!!

Baby ghans don't take me long to make, and as they fly right off the missions shelves, i tend to work on those until I get tired of them, lol, and then change off to hats or something, ha ha....

snowbear, welcome bck, no need what so ever to apoligize, we appreciate your coming in when you can, and doing what ever you fee comfortable with, glad you too, are feeling a bit better...Pineknot, I pm'd you, will do that tomorrow for you, I know I wrote a few notes on it, lol.....

here in all their glory be, yarnmonkeys 12 inch squares I got today, and boy, was the envelope messed up, the little squares inside though, were warm and comfy, just their outer skin got a little looks like water damaged, and crumpled, lol poor things, they are resting now, looks l ike they had an eventful trip here!!!

None the worse for their envelope however, here they are...

post-40621-0-29299800-1426984698_thumb.jpg

I am a bit slow right now. Want see DR until May. Hopefully will get an earlier appt.  I will try to post the pictures of all the squares that was sent to me. If you tell me how.

Thank you for your squares.  Will send yours soon. I am sorry.

Take your time, love!!  :hug  :hug  :hug

Good afternoon

hope you are feeling better Yarn_monkey

Thank you!! I'm sneezing my darn head off for some reason, that's probably the beginning of allergies, but this is the best I've felt all week! Thank goodness!  :yay

hope All our squares are improving healthwise, lol, I just have alergies sometimes, as I sneeze but not having too many other symptoms, so it's not a major thing!!

Yarn moneky, dear girl, thank you for the squares, Gosh they are absolutely breathtaking, this pic won't do them justice as I was losing the light when I took the pic, thank you so much, with all you do for sister and all, I sure appreciate you thinking of me!!!

Baby ghans don't take me long to make, and as they fly right off the missions shelves, i tend to work on those until I get tired of them, lol, and then change off to hats or something, ha ha....

snowbear, welcome bck, no need what so ever to apoligize, we appreciate your coming in when you can, and doing what ever you fee comfortable with, glad you too, are feeling a bit better...Pineknot, I pm'd you, will do that tomorrow for you, I know I wrote a few notes on it, lol.....

here in all their glory be, yarnmonkeys 12 inch squares I got today, and boy, was the envelope messed up, the little squares inside though, were warm and comfy, just their outer skin got a little looks like water damaged, and crumpled, lol poor things, they are resting now, looks l ike they had an eventful trip here!!!

None the worse for their envelope however, here they are...

attachicon.gif001 (2).JPG

I'm so glad they got to you safely and early! And glad the only damage was to the envelope!! I had to stick with a heart theme for you for all you do for us here in the group!  :hug The solid color one was supposed to be bigger with more hole-y rows so the hearts popped more but my gauge must have been off because it got big fast! Lol 

I am a bit slow right now. Want see DR until May. Hopefully will get an earlier appt.  I will try to post the pictures of all the squares that was sent to me. If you tell me how.

Under the reply box, click the button that says "More Reply Options" and it will take you to a page that's all for the reply. Below the reply box you'll see a button that says "Add File" and you can click that and select the picture. That will attach it to the post.  :)  Let me know if you have any problems! 

I slept in late this morning, had my cup of coffee and took my time getting ready. Then DH went to take me out to lunch, when I finally decided I wanted a chef salad... We got to the restaurant where I always get a chef salad because I think they have the best, and they had closed up shop! The sign was down, all the tables and chairs were gone, everything! So we went across the parking lot and had sandwiches and salad bar. The place we wound up makes the best tuna melt, so I was happy. He took me through the Starbucks drive through to get my free birthday drink, then AC Moore to buy some more yarn for the Moogly CAL and we picked up my birthday cake. DH had ordered this gigantic cake for the party I was supposed to have. When I went to the doctor and we decided to cancel the party, he called the change the cake order and make it smaller. They said he missed the deadline by a couple hours so they couldn't change it. Now we have a monster birthday cake!  :reyes  So we'll eat a couple pieces and then it'll go into the freezer for when my dad comes up and we go visit family next week! 

I haven't gotten to see my Peanut since Monday evening because I didn't want him to catch anything I've got, so I video called Sister on my cell today and got to see him. When Sister showed him the phone and he saw my face, he smiled so big and scrambled to get his dad to put him down so he could get to the phone. He came right up to the phone and started doing his little wave at me and tried to grab the phone from Sister.  :manyheart  I think by Monday or Tuesday I'll have enough antibiotic in my system that I won't be worried about him catching anything and I'll be able to go visit. 

Between picking up the cake and dinner, I got all caught up on my squares and got them on my ghan! I'm so excited about it! I can't wait to show it off to you all!  :) Now i'm going to work on the sea critters for Peanut's birthday for a few and then head to bed! 

Hope everyone had a good Saturday!  :hug

yes, the heart one is precious, I l ove them both, and they are well rested now, and fitting right in with the others, lol I think they may have a bingo game planned for later, lol :bday

Hoping you all are feeling better today, with each new day, another little bit of our bodies are healing from whatever ails us all, so hang in there sickies Glad peanut hadn't forgotten his favorite Auntie, lol like he could y ou know!!

ok, this is not really square related, but we can't send pics through our pms here, so excuse me for this.....

ok, for Pineknot, (and any else that wanted to know) I counted the scarf for you, I guess I chained 23, cause I needed 20, and the other three are the turning chain for the first row, and you will always end up or should end up with 20 sts.. do two rows of dc at 20 sts apiece, then chain three to turn, acting as first dc, do one more dc in the next stitch, then in the third stitch is where you start your FPTRC, reaching down to the row below the one you just finished to work it. Then it's simple, next two stitches, dc, third one, the FPTRC, and all the way across, ending with 2 dc in the last stc, and top of the turning chain from previous row.......just keep repeating the rows after that, doing one row of dc, not two after the above..

here's a pic up close, the trim row is white, just a sc, skip one, sc, all the way around it, making sure to keep your count even on both long sides, and ends, (3 in corner)and wala, done. It's good to use up scraps with, i added in white, between the colors to make it pop!!

post-40621-0-54081300-1427057856_thumb.jpg         post-40621-0-94748700-1427057891_thumb.jpg      

forgive me squares, lol,did i say this was fun to make, and very non boring, lol

In other news. I felt not good today, running a low temp, I usually run at believe this or not. 96.8, instead of what everyone else runs normal at 98.6, lol, soooooooo anyway, took my temp, it's 99.8, which is kinda a bit high for me,and achy kinda all over, but took some advils, and an alerest, and maybe will improve here soon, I slept good, which was probably the best thing to do, but I dreamed, I was SICK, lol gosh!!!

Hope this sunday finds you all safe, and having a great last day of your weekend, and those of you working, get ready for tomorrow, huh.. I used to think when I worked, that 2 days off were NOT enough, I mean, ok, Ill break it down, lol

Saturday, is fine, but most normally for me anyway, was a catch up day, doing things you didn't get done during the work week, if we are lucky, we manage to fit in some fun things too, but always thinking about those errands,a nd chores you needed to do,...

Sunday, is a lazy day, or should be, but it's like, do the stuff you didn't get done on saturday, lol cause you went to that movie, or whatever, and get everything you can done, cause tomorrow, is back to work....oh and dont' forget the laundry, cos you know you won't have the time nor the energy for that during the week, lol no rest for the wicked I tell ya!!!

evenings your usually too tired, from all the weekend things, and the work week days, forgeitaboutit...

So,you see, if we had that third day off, all the above would have gone way smoother!!!!!!!!!!! my opinion anyways!! LIve and learn huh........I did have that at one job, we worked, I think 10 hour days, which was brutal, and got the friday off, which if you lived through the 10 hour days, worked out a lot better, lol I vote for 32 hour work weeks, friday saturday and sunday OFF!! (in a perfect world, this would be standard!)

ok, well, im outta here for a bit, I think we are having the left over home made enchiladas we made yesterday, don't mind that a bit, boy were they good!! so gonna put those in after while, to warm, and dinner is done-er, lol    back atcha later squares!!

Archived