Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I don't know how I've ended up behind on posts again, guess I've been busy than I thought.  I've finished a couple squares for the charity lapghan I'm working on. I hope everyone is doing well.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all, Bgs so sorry to hear of all dad's problems. Its hard to watch a parent getting old, and sick...

Carol, good for you, can we see pics, lol.....

everyone else, nothing new still, I did update the first post, checking off charity items I have finished, and pics will follow, after I get them mailed out , i think I will mail what I can tomorrow, and wating on one addy, can go later......

so, don't know if I will crochet this evening, or take a break, lol that potholder i have one more of the pair to do, will wait for me I guess, it has no choice!! yeah, the pain in my shoulder woke me up last night,I accredited to the cotton crocheting, so you are right about that bgs.....better today, lol

don't know what else to do tonight, sooooo we'll see, I may have something to photo post tomorrow, lol later gang!

I'll be back a little later for my usual long post but before I forget AGAIN, I heard from sopo! Like 2 days ago and I kept forgetting to tell you. She said she's been going through a rough patch but she'll check in soon. 

Going to get a good start on another chemo hat and I'll be back after that.  :yes

oh they are darling, and so is the big one, so cute, one lucky little guy!!

Thank you so much! 

I love the Easter baskets! So cute and so much work! I'm sure they were a hit!

Peanut is so funny about the things he's scared of,The banana has long yarn hair and he liked to play/eat it. Well now, whenever he walks by the front room, he stops at the doorway and pokes his head around and stares at the banana, then turns around and goes the other way!  :lol It's awful but it cracks me up every time! 

Thank you... How funny, I could just picture a 6 foot banana.... I might be scared of it too :)

tribble cute Easter baskets

I had made her a Halloween/Thanksgiving and Christmas one.  I told her it never crossed my mind especially with Dad's time in the hospital and then me getting sick.  

Thank you!!! So sorry to hear of your father's troubles! Hope he gets well soon....

It's been a down kinda day. Almost week, really. We did get some nice spring flowers on after-Easter clearance and got some planted yesterday, so the flower beds are looking a little cheerier. And half the hyacinths fell over (I think maybe I didn't plant them deep enough :-/ ) so we clipped them and brought them inside and now the dining room smells nice.

For kid tales - the other day we were talking with my FIL about trucking as a career and our friend Jon (who drives a truck for a living) naturally came up. After a few minutes, Little Viking asks,

"Mommy, who's John?"

"Uncle Jon, sweetie."

"Oh." *pause* "Not a Beatle?"

I'm told that our friend's response when he heard about it was "Huh, it's kinda cool that a 4-year old knows that John is one of the Beatles. I'm not sure a high schooler would know that."  :D

hello to all..

this thread is rather quiet today.. I don't have much tio add either, it's a bleary chilly day here, rainy sort of, but nothing severe, but makes for a long dreary day im afraid....

So, working on the last two pair of the hot pot sitters, and will have a photo of them soon to post, maybe tomorrow, takinga  break, seems working with cotton again, is tiring my hands somewhat, I think because it doesn't slide as easily as the yarn, i dunno, lol

So I had three pairs left, as people saw them they took them, lol, before I even get out of the house with them, and I need at least six,, so making up three sets, 2 done, one on the hook!!! It is time consuming as they take two pieces to make one with , double sided, and then two to make a set, lol, so that is four round circles plus the trim rows, lol

Oh well, they will be done before too long, just taking a break from it right now.

made a cute hat from scraps, made it for a teen, fits my head though, that too will be photoed, or is, and is on the camera I guess, lol,

used up some more balls of cotton yarn this time, with the hot pot sitters, will have that count tomorrow for the stashbusting thread, so far, 6 balls or partials of cotton skeins gone, lol

what else, nothing much, little tired, little blah, with a dark cold day like today, just wanna curl up under my warming blankee, and watch junk on tv, lol... More later, you all have a good day...

Pot sitters are hard work between the two-sided and the cotton! I've noticed cotton is hard on me too... I guess because of the way it hangs up on the hook more, it doesn't seem to slide as easily as acrylic or whatever else. Making those two nautical ones for my sister, I had to take a lot of breaks and man my hands and wrists hurt! I've noticed that the Hobby Lobby I Love This Cotton isn't nearly as bad on me. It's softer for whatever reason and moves better. All the others are hard on me. I thought my chemo hats should be cotton since it's almost summer and it gets awful hot and humid here and I went right to Hobby Lobby for theirs because I knew I wouldn't want to make a bunch with the other kinds and people probably wouldn't want it on their sensitive heads either! It's more expensive, but if you can catch it on sale it really helps!  :yes

tribble cute Easter baskets

yarn_monkey its so nice to hear about Peanut's adventures.  They change so fast.  I am not sure what to think about my dad.  He is in a lot of pain and can't get around good because of his hip.  He is sick from chemo and radiation and now throw in the pacemaker and being put on oxygen.  He is also continually breaking out on his back with shingles.  So when he feels like eating a little bit or getting out of the house we consider it a good day.    

katy i am afraid our grocery in town is going to close.  The shelves are awfully empty anymore and they had no hams in the freezer last Fri........Good Fri and no hams.  It's not because they ran out but because they did not get any in probably because they aren't paying their bills.   I will have to go 30 miles to a grocery store instead of 8.  I try to pick up things except meat and milk when we are out and about.  Yep its hard to keep ahead on potholders and  I agree the cotton is harder to work with.  I get a sharp pain in my shoulder if I work with it too long.  

We had a meeting over in the city yesterday afternoon and by the time I fixed supper and put away some groceries I was too tired to turn the computer on. Then we had storms last night and this morning----lots of loud thunder, wind and a few minutes of pea sized hail.  TC (cat) did not like all the noise.  It's really muggy out and its supposed to storm again tonight.  I had to take a break from making scarves because my niece asked me where her Easter potholder was.  I had made her a Halloween/Thanksgiving and Christmas one.  I told her it never crossed my mind especially with Dad's time in the hospital and then me getting sick.  

I'm so sorry about your dad!  :hug Let me know if there's anything I can do... My mom had a lot of trouble with shingles too when she was going through her chemo... I don't know if there's some sort of connection between the two but she was miserable. I hope your niece understood about the potholder. I let a lot of things fall by the wayside when Mom was sick, just because you can't remember it all and your priorities are so different! 

Thank you so much! 

Thank you... How funny, I could just picture a 6 foot banana.... I might be scared of it too :)

Thank you!!! So sorry to hear of your father's troubles! Hope he gets well soon....

It's definitely a little creepy, especially the way DH has it laid up across the tops of the china cabinets. If the mess in there wasn't so bad, I'd take a picture to show! Lol! We've made a lot of progress with my mom's stuff but putting the majority of a house in one room tends to make a mess.  ;)

It's been a down kinda day. Almost week, really. We did get some nice spring flowers on after-Easter clearance and got some planted yesterday, so the flower beds are looking a little cheerier. And half the hyacinths fell over (I think maybe I didn't plant them deep enough :-/ ) so we clipped them and brought them inside and now the dining room smells nice.

For kid tales - the other day we were talking with my FIL about trucking as a career and our friend Jon (who drives a truck for a living) naturally came up. After a few minutes, Little Viking asks,

"Mommy, who's John?"

"Uncle Jon, sweetie."

I'm told that our friend's response when he heard about it was "Huh, it's kinda cool that a 4-year old knows that John is one of the Beatles. I'm not sure a high schooler would know that."  :D

Little Viking sure is smart! I saw a post on Facebook a while back that was a screenshot of a post some teenager made and it said something to the effect of "Flashback to the 90s... listening to the Beatles." Someone corrected the girl and she said "oh. Well, I listened to them in the 90s."  :reyes

Well, I got tonight's hat about halfway done and it seems so big to me... Although I'm making this one for a man, so the increases were 1 round bigger than the others I've done, it just seems huge. DH just got back from the gym so his head is all wet and sweaty but I've stopped working on it for now and will have him try it on in the morning. He's got a pretty big noggin so if it fits him, I won't worry.  :lol

So while I'm on hold with that, I'm back to working on my Project Linus blanket. I've got strip 4 of 13 done, minus the white border, so I'm moving right along. I think I like these mile a minute patterns. This is the one I'm using. I'm hoping to get another strip done tonight, maybe even 2 if I'm lucky. Then as soon as I figure out the plan on the paused chemo hat, I'll finish that up. 

Okay, heading back to the baby blanket. Hope everyone has a good night!  :ghug

well thank you for weighing in on that yarn scrapper, I too thought that way., however, I seem to remember reading a rule or something here, from admins, about double posting, so might have to look into that first, to see if we can, but I think that would be great!! 

I'll be back a little later for my usual long post but before I forget AGAIN, I heard from sopo! Like 2 days ago and I kept forgetting to tell you. She said she's been going through a rough patch but she'll check in soon. 

Going to get a good start on another chemo hat and I'll be back after that.  :yes

Delighted to hear sopo is ok, thanks yarn monkey, bgs sent her a card, and so did i, so hopefully, she knows we miss her!! Im just glad she is ok..

"Mommy, who's John?"

"Uncle Jon, sweetie."

kids are smarter than we think, but that was a good one!!

Good Morning

grey and drizzily here this morning,still putting the black round on the squares

here too pineknott, sheesh, going on the third day anyways....got my running done this am, so nothing much on the agenda till way later, and I will then figure out what we are having for din din, lol

OH I did finish m y hot pot sitters, yarnmonky, yes, I know hobby lobby I L T C is great cotton, but i have a bin full of the reg stuff, and didn't wanna buy more till this is gone, but I have used that too, it's great, doesn't hurt m y hands, shoulder, and writsts as much!!! I wonder what everyone else uses, you know.....

well, i gotta go and email a couple people I sent to this am at the post office, let um know somfuns comin" lol    be back to check in with you all later!!

whatever they have at michaels or Walmart,peaches and crème or the other,is what I've stuck to for my sink rags

Rene' made me some from the hobby lobby cotton,for some reason they got slimy,eck!!the other cotton doesn't do that

yarn_monkey glad you heard from sopo.  I was afraid she was going through a rough time.  You are more likely to break out with shingles when your immune system is weakened so its more common the older you get and when you are taking chemo for cancer.  My niece was just letting me know that she likes the other holiday potholders I gave her.  She lives 2 streets over from my dad so she helps with the yard work and runs a lot of errands for him.  She helps me out a lot too like helping me pick out our new computer and picking up things for us when they are on sale.  I am tickled that she likes the potholders so well that she asked about an Easter one.

katy we had more storms this morning.  Another short one rumbled through this afternoon.  It was hot a muggy until about 5pm and then it got cold out.  The wind has been horrible all day.  I did notice the HL cotton was softer.  I have some but didn't know how it would work for kitchen stuff (Linda had mentioned the slimy HL dish rags before so I never tried making any with it). I have only made potholders and dishcloths out of  sugar or peaches and creme because first of all that's really all you could find until HL came out with their cotton.  Usually it is cheaper than the HL stuff especially if you can buy the big cones at Walmart.  Then it just seems thicker and sturdier than the HL cotton.   I think I have bought Lion brand a time or two at JoAnn's to get a specific color they had that I could not find otherwise.   

viking cute story about lv knowing that John is one of the Beatles.

wow it atually snowed this aft.........for an hour or two, and melted as soon as it hit the groud, but so funny to see flakes in April!!

its been cold today, and rainy, but snow?? whod'a thunk huh...

hunkering down tonight, keeping the chill off, lol,

where  has every one been, seems quiet here lately. hope all is well..

well thank you for weighing in on that yarn scrapper, I too thought that way., however, I seem to remember reading a rule or something here, from admins, about double posting, so might have to look into that first, to see if we can, but I think that would be great!! 

Delighted to hear sopo is ok, thanks yarn monkey, bgs sent her a card, and so did i, so hopefully, she knows we miss her!! Im just glad she is ok..

kids are smarter than we think, but that was a good one!!

here too pineknott, sheesh, going on the third day anyways....got my running done this am, so nothing much on the agenda till way later, and I will then figure out what we are having for din din, lol

OH I did finish m y hot pot sitters, yarnmonky, yes, I know hobby lobby I L T C is great cotton, but i have a bin full of the reg stuff, and didn't wanna buy more till this is gone, but I have used that too, it's great, doesn't hurt m y hands, shoulder, and writsts as much!!! I wonder what everyone else uses, you know.....

well, i gotta go and email a couple people I sent to this am at the post office, let um know somfuns comin" lol    be back to check in with you all later!!

I still use the other stuff for anything that's going to get real use... pot sitters, dishcloths, all of those. I'm all for using what you got before you buy more! I just don't always remember that when I'm in the yarn aisle...  :D

whatever they have at michaels or Walmart,peaches and crème or the other,is what I've stuck to for my sink rags

Rene' made me some from the hobby lobby cotton,for some reason they got slimy,eck!!the other cotton doesn't do that

I never even thought of that, but it does make sense just based on how it feels dry. It must be some difference in how HL manufactures their cotton. I mainly stick to it for wearables just because I think it feels nicer when you touch it. The other stuff definitely seems more durable though! 

yarn_monkey glad you heard from sopo.  I was afraid she was going through a rough time.  You are more likely to break out with shingles when your immune system is weakened so its more common the older you get and when you are taking chemo for cancer.  My niece was just letting me know that she likes the other holiday potholders I gave her.  She lives 2 streets over from my dad so she helps with the yard work and runs a lot of errands for him.  She helps me out a lot too like helping me pick out our new computer and picking up things for us when they are on sale.  I am tickled that she likes the potholders so well that she asked about an Easter one.

katy we had more storms this morning.  Another short one rumbled through this afternoon.  It was hot a muggy until about 5pm and then it got cold out.  The wind has been horrible all day.  I did notice the HL cotton was softer.  I have some but didn't know how it would work for kitchen stuff (Linda had mentioned the slimy HL dish rags before so I never tried making any with it). I have only made potholders and dishcloths out of  sugar or peaches and creme because first of all that's really all you could find until HL came out with their cotton.  Usually it is cheaper than the HL stuff especially if you can buy the big cones at Walmart.  Then it just seems thicker and sturdier than the HL cotton.   I think I have bought Lion brand a time or two at JoAnn's to get a specific color they had that I could not find otherwise.   

viking cute story about lv knowing that John is one of the Beatles.

I figured she would understand!  :)  I'm glad she loves what you do! 

Short post tonight... I hurt my elbow in the shower. I told you all I was a walking disaster! I'll tell you how, and it's okay if you laugh because I'm certainly laughing at myself! I was in the shower washing up and I went to wash by backside (ahem) and I must have moved wrong and tweaked my elbow. DH thinks this is the most hilarious thing ever! I'm okay for the most part, just when I try to straighten my elbow or have to apply some sort of pressure with that arm. Too bad it's my right elbow, because I'm right-handed and it makes things difficult!  :reyes

DH tried on the suspicious hat and it is in fact too big, so I frogged it tonight and I've been working on the baby blanket. It's a bigger hook so it doesn't bother my elbow so bad. Not sure how it relates, but apparently it does. Anyway I'm about halfway done with this first ghan, so I'm hoping to make good progress tonight. 

Happy Friday everyone!  :ghug

Good Morning everyone

maybe I don't have a black thumb after all,last summer I brought a rather sickly looking bleeding heart plant out of direct sun

( mil's doing )in to the shaded area of our patio,fed it,watered it,but with so many days in the 20's this past winter,was wondering if it got killed off,its back and oh so bushy,I'm lovin it,all the little pink hearts are popping out

that gives me hope when I had bought some veggie seeds for container gardening

hi everybody, glad everything is running rather smoothly, well, all but yarn monkeys elbow, poor thing!!!

got a lot of my charity stuff mailed out yesterday, so I guess it was ok to post pics, I will list the links for you here, and here....lol

Have fun looking, many more hats to make for my local charity, and such, but I have gotten off to a spectacular start!!

I think the preemie afghans were easy for me to do, as they are smaller, and I got to play with colors a lot, lol used mostly balls on them, so a win win situation, huh...

The hats are quick and easy, too, hope you like the pics......I am also getting ready to post some hot pot sitters I finished, had 6 pair to start off with,already gave away three pair, lol, so had to make three more pair for the brunch bunch in a week or so,,, they turned out thick, and neat, I love things, i forbid anyone to put hot pots, or bowls, or casseroles on my counter, so these sure do come in handy for me, at least, I hope the brunch bunch likes them too....... Oh, I here is a pic of the grannys I sent owlvamp, and hope they arrive soon.....6 to a pile.....post-40621-0-85378000-1428691886_thumb.jpg

katy I remember we had an April snow/ice storm when my 36 year old nephew was a baby.  It was bad and lots of people lost power.  I kept my nephew during that time because they lost power at his house and we didn't.  He was my version of yarn_monkey's Peanut. It started out cold this am with a little frost on the car.  The sun is out today and it has warmed up nicely.  

yarn_monkey sorry about your elbow.  I hope it gets better soon. Sometimes I get frustrated with hats because I am always using a different weight of yarn so I have to mess with them a lot to come out right.  It made me really appreciate making them on the knifty knitters.  Even using the same loom and using different yarns some hats were snugger than others.  

dragn glad you checked in.

pineknott your bleeding heart sounds gorgeous.  I lost mine along with my bluebells, columbines, and lillies of the valley a few years ago.  The neighbor had a back hoe in to clean old trees out of the fence row and asked dh if he had any on our side he wanted taken out.  I didn't think of my flowers underneath one of the trees until it was too late.  I have been planting lettuce and radishes in flower pots for many years.  They did much better in pots than in our clay.  This year we are gong totally to raised beds.  

katy I remember we had an April snow/ice storm when my 36 year old nephew was a baby.  It was bad and lots of people lost power.  I kept my nephew during that time because they lost power at his house and we didn't.  He was my version of yarn_monkey's Peanut. It started out cold this am with a little frost on the car.  The sun is out today and it has warmed up nicely.  

yarn_monkey sorry about your elbow.  I hope it gets better soon. Sometimes I get frustrated with hats because I am always using a different weight of yarn so I have to mess with them a lot to come out right.  It made me really appreciate making them on the knifty knitters.  Even using the same loom and using different yarns some hats were snugger than others.  

pineknott your bleeding heart sounds gorgeous.  I lost mine along with my bluebells, columbines, and lillies of the valley a few years ago.  The neighbor had a back hoe in to clean old trees out of the fence row and asked dh if he had any on our side he wanted taken out.  I didn't think of my flowers underneath one of the trees until it was too late.  I have been planting lettuce and radishes in flower pots for many years.  They did much better in pots than in our clay.  This year we are gong totally to raised beds.  

you reminded me,I have to unearth my lily of the valley,and set them in a new location,last year it was over-run by a morning glory vine

one of the many things mil planted that I have always detested,because they over-run everything with its climbing and choking nature,so I hope to wipe that out this year

everything is later this year,azaleas are just starting to bud,they are usually just about done when the roses bloom in May.

hi everybody, glad everything is running rather smoothly, well, all but yarn monkeys elbow, poor thing!!!

got a lot of my charity stuff mailed out yesterday, so I guess it was ok to post pics, I will list the links for you here, and here....lol

Have fun looking, many more hats to make for my local charity, and such, but I have gotten off to a spectacular start!!

I think the preemie afghans were easy for me to do, as they are smaller, and I got to play with colors a lot, lol used mostly balls on them, so a win win situation, huh...

The hats are quick and easy, too, hope you like the pics......I am also getting ready to post some hot pot sitters I finished, had 6 pair to start off with,already gave away three pair, lol, so had to make three more pair for the brunch bunch in a week or so,,, they turned out thick, and neat, I love things, i forbid anyone to put hot pots, or bowls, or casseroles on my counter, so these sure do come in handy for me, at least, I hope the brunch bunch likes them too....... Oh, I here is a pic of the grannys I sent owlvamp, and hope they arrive soon.....6 to a pile.....attachicon.gif003.JPG

I love all your donation items! The ghans look lovely and your pot sitters were totally worth the effort!  :)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with hat issues! My gauge just never turns out right, no matter the hook or the yarn or the pattern! I try them on my head but then I think about the fact that I have hair and then about the fact that I also have a small head...  :reyes  I think these are turning out okay though... They'll fit someone at the clinic at least! 

Another quick post because I'm still suffering with my elbow.  :oops Best I can figure, I sprained it. It feels the way my knee did when I sprained it so unless it gets worse, I don't think I'll be going to the doctor because all they do is prescribe me Alleve. 

Also! I decided against Project Linus and I'm donating my ghans straight to our local children's hospital. A friend of mine from high school has muscular dystrophy and they did a lot of work with him so I thought that would be an even better place. 

And I talked DH into going with me to the "Mother of All Tent Sales" that Mikey with the Crochet Crowd has been talking about. I'll take a square for the stocking and hopefully stock up on a lot of yarn. It's only about 2.5 hours away, so it's not a bad trip. It's the first week of May. If anyone wants me to look for anything in particular (where are the Simply Soft lovers??), let me know and I can look for you! I'm so excited to go, it can't get here quick enough.  :yarn  :yarn

I've got 8 strips of 13 done for the mile a minute ghan and picked up another mile-a-minute baby afghan book at Walmart this afternoon. I should have enough baby yarn leftover from this one to make at least one more and then I'll figure it out from there. I'm trying to get another strip done tonight and a couple more rounds on this chemo hat. If I do a little at a time, it doesn't bother me too bad.

Hope everyone had a good Friday!  :ghug

I love all your donation items! The ghans look lovely and your pot sitters were totally worth the effort!  :)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with hat issues! My gauge just never turns out right, no matter the hook or the yarn or the pattern! I try them on my head but then I think about the fact that I have hair and then about the fact that I also have a small head...  :reyes  I think these are turning out okay though... They'll fit someone at the clinic at least! 

Another quick post because I'm still suffering with my elbow.  :oops Best I can figure, I sprained it. It feels the way my knee did when I sprained it so unless it gets worse, I don't think I'll be going to the doctor because all they do is prescribe me Alleve. 

Also! I decided against Project Linus and I'm donating my ghans straight to our local children's hospital. A friend of mine from high school has muscular dystrophy and they did a lot of work with him so I thought that would be an even better place. 

And I talked DH into going with me to the "Mother of All Tent Sales" that Mikey with the Crochet Crowd has been talking about. I'll take a square for the stocking and hopefully stock up on a lot of yarn. It's only about 2.5 hours away, so it's not a bad trip. It's the first week of May. If anyone wants me to look for anything in particular (where are the Simply Soft lovers??), let me know and I can look for you! I'm so excited to go, it can't get here quick enough.  :yarn  :yarn

I've got 8 strips of 13 done for the mile a minute ghan and picked up another mile-a-minute baby afghan book at Walmart this afternoon. I should have enough baby yarn leftover from this one to make at least one more and then I'll figure it out from there. I'm trying to get another strip done tonight and a couple more rounds on this chemo hat. If I do a little at a time, it doesn't bother me too bad.

Hope everyone had a good Friday!  :ghug

poor baby, sometimes, in fact,m ost often, sprains hurt worse than breaks, but heal quicker than breaks as well, i feel for ya, no fun either way!!

ok, I think that is a great idea, to donate to the hospital, doesn't really make a diff where your things go, so long as they go where they are welcomed and needed!!! I do project linus too, haven't for a few months, but they are just so nice to me there, lol,they take the ghans, out and look at them all, and oooh and ahh, lol....

quiet satruday today, sounds delightful to go to the yarn fair, they ought to have those in every city!! every month, so tell someone there, I said so, lol

oh my, posted some hats i made to match the ghans i made last month, and haven't donated yet, as I missed this past one,cause it was on the day before easter sunday,and I forgot all about everything but ham, and dinner, and bunny wabbits, lol

So, made hats, to match, posted them here...

Then put the hats with it's coresponding blankee, tied it on with yarn, didn't wanna use pins, and folded them all up,(6) 3 boys, 3 girls, and bagged them for delivery next month!! So that is done!!

found some squares I had set aside I guess, for something, might see what they are, and what I could put togehter with them, they are all different, but all one size, so that shouldn't be too hard to figure something out when I want to tackle that job, but for now, I will be content to stay home this  aft, do a few chores, and relax a bit, maybe pick up a hook later on,lol hope you all have a great weekend, ill see ya a bit later!!!

yarn_monkey the tent sale sounds like fun.  You never know what you will find.  I always like looking for the older crochet patterns.  I inherited a box of old crochet magazines that I like to look through.  Then I found a book of thread dimensionals----slipper, mouse, fan, etc.  I guess back then you could buy slipper forms to shape them. I surprised my niece and gave her an Easter egg, heart, and leprechan hot  pad today. I have a book with dishcloth patterns so I make two and sew them together.  I don't know if I could get 13 strips to come out close enough the same length for one of those strip afghans or not.  I have a hard enough time getting the two dishcloths close enough.

It was another nice day here.  Sis, niece, dh and I spent the afternoon working in dad's yard again.  He came out for quite awhile which was good because he has gotten awfully weak from sitting around.  We are trying to learn about his lawnmowers, weedeater, etc as we are going to have to take care of his yard.  He also felt good enough that we all went out for supper so it was another good day.  

Archived