Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi

just stopping in to sy hi.  tired tonight, i shamppoed a couple rooms today so Im gonna take it easy tonight, and rest a bit..Sounds like everyone is busy though, and that's good... I might be back later, if not, everyone have a great evening!!

HI viking, and pineknot, sure is quiet in here today, whats up with that, lol  

I have about 21 hats made to date, hoping I can do a few more, ha ha, in between now, and the time I donate them, which might be in Oct, depends on if they have the room to store them till then, or If I hang on to them, till then, lol

and put with the hats, and scarves Brenda sent me, will make quite a dent in people in the fall,needin warm headwear!! i hope..

Ill post some of my hats in a sec, gotta get them off the camera!!   here are some of them, I have added to the count since this pic, and this does not count Brenda's yet either.. but I have a good start, huh!! these are mostly kids, and baby hats, I will work on the adults coming up soon, probably.

Hello

I have been busy watching our Harlie which is an American Bulldog. SHe tore her ACL and will have to have surgery as soon as I can raise enough money. She is young and needs it as soon as i can get it done before it creates more problem. ANyone here that is on facebook and would love to help me get the word out by sharing her message I would be so grateful. Here is the link

http://www.gofundme.com/s5w3bea8?fb_..._ref=undefined ...

Between watching Harlie and keeping her calm and off the leg, I watch my 1 year old grandson which is now a complete handful.LOL But very darling. I have managed to crochet a tote bag for the boys mom for Mothers Day. As soon as i get the piglet sewed on it I will take a picture. I also crocheted 8 placemats .

katy your donation piles are growing by leaps and bounds and I know you have been mailing out too!  You must be doing pretty good on your stashbusting score.  I worked some more on getting my raised beds ready to go.  I think we are ready to fill and plant.  Need to mow again.  

Hi everyone. I've been in hiding so haven't been online much. I got 2 wonderful cards from members and can't thank you enough. Was nice to see a few bright spots. Sorry I haven't been sending squares out. :/ Haven't been crocheting at all but have to do 2 hats if I can find a newsboy baby hat pattern. I got my squares all put into 12" ones and have enough, just need motivated to get them put together. I have enough to make a nice size cotton blanket. Again, sorry i've been mia and hope you are all well. 

HI viking, and pineknot, sure is quiet in here today, whats up with that, lol  

I have about 21 hats made to date, hoping I can do a few more, ha ha, in between now, and the time I donate them, which might be in Oct, depends on if they have the room to store them till then, or If I hang on to them, till then, lol

and put with the hats, and scarves Brena sent me, will make quite a dent in people in the fall,needin warm headwear!! i hope..

Ill post some of my hats in a sec, gotta get them off the camera!!   here are some of them, I have added to the count since this pic, and this does not count Brenda's yet either.. but I have a good start, huh!! these are mostly kids, and baby hats, I will work on the adults coming up soon, probably.

That's a very impressive stack of hats! So many people will be so happy to have them come cold weather.  :)

Hello

I have been busy watching our Harlie which is an American Bulldog. SHe tore her ACL and will have to have surgery as soon as I can raise enough money. She is young and needs it as soon as i can get it done before it creates more problem. ANyone here that is on facebook and would love to help me get the word out by sharing her message I would be so grateful. Here is the link

http://www.gofundme.com/s5w3bea8?fb_..._ref=undefined ...

Between watching Harlie and keeping her calm and off the leg, I watch my 1 year old grandson which is now a complete handful.LOL But very darling. I have managed to crochet a tote bag for the boys mom for Mothers Day. As soon as i get the piglet sewed on it I will take a picture. I also crocheted 8 placemats .

Poor sweet girl! I can't imagine keeping up with the dog and the 1 year old grandson!  :2eek And still having time to crochet like you are...  :cheer  :cheer

Hi everyone. I've been in hiding so haven't been online much. I got 2 wonderful cards from members and can't thank you enough. Was nice to see a few bright spots. Sorry I haven't been sending squares out. :/ Haven't been crocheting at all but have to do 2 hats if I can find a newsboy baby hat pattern. I got my squares all put into 12" ones and have enough, just need motivated to get them put together. I have enough to make a nice size cotton blanket. Again, sorry i've been mia and hope you are all well. 

:hug  Sopo! We've missed you.  :manyheart

Not too much to report from here today... I've got the c2c almost finished. It should be completely done in the next couple of days. And I've got 1 square done for the next baby ghan. I'm still really in the planning stages of that one, just seeing how many squares I can get per skein so I can figure how big it will be and how I'll border it. And I still haven't gotten back to the way too big hat, but I'll get there. I'm falling behind on the stashbusting so I really need to get moving over here! Hopefully I'll get another skein or two done by Saturday night. 

That's probably it for me tonight. DH and I got home late from going to see my cousin about new phones (my cousin works at Sprint) and I'm just about exhausted from driving since he works an hour away. We always go to him so he gets the credit for the upgrades and whatnot. i'm going to get a couple rows done on the c2c while we watch TV and then it's off to bed for me!  :yes

I hope everyone had a good day and Happy Friday tomorrow!  :yay

I am off to get ready and when the boys get home from school today they will go to their mom's. Most the time I dread Friday's. One day I hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this. Both boy's are doing good in school. From where they came from and how far I have we have came is awesome. It's been a lot of work. From calling to going to the school and many many countless hours there should be no way they shouldn't pass.

well sopo is back,yay!! So glad to see your post dear girl, and hoping you keep it up, we all missed you, and wondered too, about the hedgies, and how are they doing lately... Hope all stay even for you, sometimes, even is the best thing to hope for, lol 

Owlvamp, darling totes, love them, you are so nice to make those for the boys to give her,...

Yarn Monkey, such a busy bee lately, this ghan and that, I like the c2c's generally, but they are a committment for sure, lol

pineknott, better to service it now, I guess, than when you need it huh!! Handyman does mine, but hasn't yet, Ill have to remind him, thanks!

Tribble, and viking, and holly, and maggi hello, and hope all is well!! Lacey, hope you health issues get sorted out as well soon.

Grannyannie, hope you're at least lurking, lol

everyone else, have a great day , we are supposed to get some rain later, but a pretty mild, yet overcastish looking day.. No bears though,or wild gorrilas in sight, so lol. so all is good!!

:hug for sopo 

owlvamp its so good to hear how much better the boys are doing now

It's been cloudy and cool with a few sprinkles today which is a good thing because they said if the sun came out and it warmed up our chances of tornadic weather would greatly increase for this weekend.  

These are my katy inspired hotpads.

post-11309-0-12314000-1429911030_thumb.jpg

These two are what prompted my niece to ask where the Easter one was.

.post-11309-0-99030300-1429911225_thumb.jpg

So I made these.

post-11309-0-77146900-1429911389_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-73506700-1429911534_thumb.jpg

Then she said somethng about flower ones for summer so I made her these.

post-11309-0-23997800-1429911816_thumb.jpg

I am off to get ready and when the boys get home from school today they will go to their mom's. Most the time I dread Friday's. One day I hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this. Both boy's are doing good in school. From where they came from and how far I have we have came is awesome. It's been a lot of work. From calling to going to the school and many many countless hours there should be no way they shouldn't pass.

You're doing an amazing job with the boys! They're very lucky to have you. I'm so glad you've got them and are giving them a real chance.  :hug

well sopo is back,yay!! So glad to see your post dear girl, and hoping you keep it up, we all missed you, and wondered too, about the hedgies, and how are they doing lately... Hope all stay even for you, sometimes, even is the best thing to hope for, lol 

Owlvamp, darling totes, love them, you are so nice to make those for the boys to give her,...

Yarn Monkey, such a busy bee lately, this ghan and that, I like the c2c's generally, but they are a committment for sure, lol

pineknott, better to service it now, I guess, than when you need it huh!! Handyman does mine, but hasn't yet, Ill have to remind him, thanks!

Tribble, and viking, and holly, and maggi hello, and hope all is well!! Lacey, hope you health issues get sorted out as well soon.

Grannyannie, hope you're at least lurking, lol

everyone else, have a great day , we are supposed to get some rain later, but a pretty mild, yet overcastish looking day.. No bears though,or wild gorrilas in sight, so lol. so all is good!!

My half of the living room is especially yarn-y right now with all these charity projects!  :D I've got a plastic grocery bag of hats, the mile a minute that I still don't have the ends done on yet, the squares from you and owl vamp that I've begun adding to with plain white grannies, plus the c2c that I've got done minus the border. Whew! 

I can't believe I actually got that c2c finished with the yarn I had! I even had enough leftover for a little 2 round granny for my scrap ghan!  :yay  I couldn't believe it!! I thought for sure I was going to be last minute scrambling to find that discontinued yarn for just a couple last rows. Now I just have to see what sort of purple I have for the border, hopefully I won't have to go buy any, and that will be done this weekend! I don't know that I'll be making all my donations at the very beginning of May, but shortly thereafter I think.

Not much to report today... DH and I went out to go for lunch and go by the pharmacy and my pickup truck (I usually drive my car, but have the truck just for short errands and hauling) is leaning funny in its parking spot. I think maybe because it's kind of on a slant, that maybe it slid a little in the rain or something... DH and I go and inspect and I have a very flat tire.  :reyes And no spare. Thank goodness for my insurance because I called the tow truck and off it went. They called and I need 4 new tires because the truck was broken down and sat for a year until I got it fixed last month. Fortunately I had it towed to the place I used to work and they're giving me the friends and family discount on the tires, or that'd be an expense and a half! 

I made ham sliders for dinner out of the ham my grandmother gave us and roasted green beans and now I'm sitting on the couch hooking away! I'm trying to make lots of progress to get out of the hole to post stashbusting scores tomorrow. 

I hope everyone had a good Friday!  :ghug

Boys mom called tonight.

They were in an accident. Everyone is okay. I guess it was a hit and run. SHe was stopped at a stop sign and the guy hit her on her side and kept going. The car was smoking and she got the boys out. The oldest is bruised but okay. Youngest is okay as well just with a bump on his head from mom pulling him out. They could only get out on the drivers side. I will worry the rest of the weekend until they are back in my arms and home. It's not her fault and they did get the driver but charged him and let him drive off. What the heck? The EMS sain he has been on the job today for 2 hours and he's already went to 4 accidents. Looks like it will be a crazy night for him.

Good night all.

hi all, what happened to my post, oh well, hope all is well with you all, and I hope to hear of some charity deliveries soon, so I can update that first page, on whom was working on what, and so on, .lol   Just working on some scarves now, but with some navy yarn, which is hard to work on at night, so will stop for the evening, and get back to it tomorrow, when the day is fresh, and the sunlight is streaming in the window!  Rained a bit lst evening good for all the growing things, wasn't a gully washer, thank goodness, and next week end, we will probbably set out our flower seedlings, lol they are ready, and want to go to a bigger bed, lol

end of story, now I will shower, and probably see what is on the  tube, see you all tomorrow, hoping you are all enjoying your weekend, lol

Boys mom called tonight.

They were in an accident. Everyone is okay. I guess it was a hit and run. SHe was stopped at a stop sign and the guy hit her on her side and kept going. The car was smoking and she got the boys out. The oldest is bruised but okay. Youngest is okay as well just with a bump on his head from mom pulling him out. They could only get out on the drivers side. I will worry the rest of the weekend until they are back in my arms and home. It's not her fault and they did get the driver but charged him and let him drive off. What the heck? The EMS sain he has been on the job today for 2 hours and he's already went to 4 accidents. Looks like it will be a crazy night for him.

Good night all.

I'm so glad they're okay and I can't wait till you have them back either!  :hug

Well I got 2 rounds of border done on the c2c, got a couple plain white grannies done to add to the squares from Katie and even got 3.5 squares done for the next baby ghan. Still haven't handled those ends on the mile a minute though...  :reyes

We don't have much on the agenda for tomorrow. DH may need to go back to Sprint and exchange his phone because the one he got keeps freezing and cutting itself off. He's trying a big reset and then we'll go from there. I want to go to Penney's and find a white collared shirt for a wedding we've got next weekend. I have my whole outfit planned, just gotta find the right shirt! I always do this to myself and leave an outfit down to one key piece and then can't find it anywhere. I'm a mess. I figure a white button down shirt shouldn't be too hard though! And while we're at the mall, they're doing the "Food Truck Rodeo" where every food truck in the city comes and sets up so we can try some new food. It'll probably be a mess of people but hopefully it won't be too bad in the rain we're supposed to be getting. This city loves anything that involves food though! Lol!  :yes

Well, I'm off for tonight. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!  :D

Archived