Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Actually oldest grandson was hurt in the accident. His one foot hit the skateboard that was in the back with him and somehow it shifte his growth plate . She just finally had te nerve to tell me last night. I'm beyond myself right now. But anyways sorry been gone a few days. Just not myself and hard to post right now with all this rage I have.

Here is the pattern long over due that I partly used. I made it fit to what I was doing and frogged it the rest of the way.

http://makemydaycreative.com/2013/06/12/crochet-rope-basket/

She has some nice ideas. Take a look.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen that light bulb hot pad for free somewheres.

That's what I thought too.  It was free when I printed it off back in 2008 but it most likely was the free pattern in an email newsletter.  I also wouldn't be surprised if it was in an old issue of Crochet World.   

Actually oldest grandson was hurt in the accident. His one foot hit the skateboard that was in the back with him and somehow it shifte his growth plate . She just finally had te nerve to tell me last night. I'm beyond myself right now. But anyways sorry been gone a few days. Just not myself and hard to post right now with all this rage I have.

Here is the pattern long over due that I partly used. I made it fit to what I was doing and frogged it the rest of the way.

http://makemydaycreative.com/2013/06/12/crochet-rope-basket/

She has some nice ideas. Take a look.

I'm so sorry about your grandson! I'm really hoping for good news and that they'll be back with you soon. I think they're better off with you, I think we all feel that way!  :hug Will he need surgery or anything?

I did some Googling and this isn't the exact same pattern, but it's similar... Christmas Light Dishcloth/Potholder pattern

My shoulder is a little sore from falling up the stairs yesterday so it's going to be a short post tonight... DH and I found out today we didn't get tickets for the closest Antiques Roadshow. They do it like a lottery or a raffle and we didn't get selected. Still waiting to hear if my dad got picked or not. He has a Navajo rug that was given to his family in the 30s that he'd like to take in. It's bigger than any example we've seen online and bigger too, so he wants some sort of value so he can know whether he should insure it or not. 

Got a couple more squares done so far tonight for one of the baby ghans and I'll keep working on that till bed. If I keep my arm close to my side, my shoulder doesn't bother me so so far so good. Still haven't gotten pics of my c2c so hopefully tomorrow. And I found another couple skeins of baby yarn in my stash from my dad's girlfriend so I've got enough for at least one more ghan for donations! I'll probably get those donated later in May because I have so many in the works. 

Okay, off for the night. Hope everyone is having a good week.  :ghug

Hi sandra, hope you are doing better, stress is not a good feeling, nor is it good for you.

yatnmonkey, whatever happened to your shoulder now, that makes two with injuries, you, and sandra's grandson, sheesh, hope all improves for both of you very soon. 

yeah, I watch that show sometimes, i didn't  know they issued tickets like that, learn something everyday huh!!

sounds like you are going to town on those ghans too yarnmonkey!!

well, May is almost here folks, this month went fast, I can't wait to wish our may birthday squares a Happy Birthday, lol

hopefully,. all of us that did the charity thing, this month, have contributed at least in a small way to those that are less fortunate, that is what is is all about, huh.... Good job to everyone and I hoped you reached your self set goals! 

Well, im signing off for now, see you all tomorrow, have a restful night all!

Hi sandra, hope you are doing better, stress is not a good feeling, nor is it good for you.

yatnmonkey, whatever happened to your shoulder now, that makes two with injuries, you, and sandra's grandson, sheesh, hope all improves for both of you very soon. 

yeah, I watch that show sometimes, i didn't  know they issued tickets like that, learn something everyday huh!!

sounds like you are going to town on those ghans too yarnmonkey!!

well, May is almost here folks, this month went fast, I can't wait to wish our may birthday squares a Happy Birthday, lol

hopefully,. all of us that did the charity thing, this month, have contributed at least in a small way to those that are less fortunate, that is what is is all about, huh.... Good job to everyone and I hoped you reached your self set goals! 

Well, im signing off for now, see you all tomorrow, have a restful night all!

I'm not exactly sure what happened... In running for water to put out the fire in the truck, best I can figure is I missed the first step up into our house and it must be the way I tried to catch myself... The first step is more like a step and a half high and I was moving faster than I was thinking! The lesson here is, I never need to hurry. Not anywhere and not for anything! Lol! 

hello  all,

well last tally (today) i have made 30 hats, one for each day of April charity Month, lol, 5 scarves, 5 preemie baby afghans, and and another baby ghan for a charity here along with four more hats, AND a lapghan, all done in the month of April, all going out to my charity!! Iwill lay them all out on the bed, before boxing them up, along with some that bgs sent me, (minus one blue scarf, he he) and show pics here in the show and tell or charity thread or somewhere, lol. Right now, I am resting, as I just finished up an adult mans hat, had a couple skeins of Bernat, denim, in brown, and made two hats from one skein, so that is gone, now I will start on the navy blue, and the black balls of bernat denim that I found tucked in a drawer  with some jiffy white, lol uh oh,its calling to me too,,,he he he. there was also one or two Loops and Threads, Country Loom, which would make a lovely scarf or two as well, so that is my calling from her on out, but this particular donation will probablymight go out on Saturday, I have yet to call them, to see if they have room to store them till Oct, or if I should hang onto them till then soooo yet to be decided, lol

May is almost upon us, and I haven't even started on the little may baskets I want to make for my neighbors, lol, well, lets hope there is time here somewhere to tackle and complete that huh..

having an easy din din tonight me thinks, something frozen, that you just heat up, you know those dinner entres, are not too bad, depending on which ones you pick, i like the lasagne,that's always good, so that, some rice maybe as a side, and cheese cake for desert, which is already done too, so easy does it tonight, lol ohhh, wait, iwill take some french bread out,and make that as s side, yeah, garlic toast, lol

Getting a bit gloomy here today, but has been another spectacular spring day we are enjoying, love mild weather, sun out, breeze on the air, birdies all singing, lol

All for now, will come back later on and see how you all are coping with your day today.. :rose

Just popping in to say hello. I did not get much done on the charity project this month, I guess I was too busy working on scrub tops for my daughter.

was out doing yard battle with the plants,managed to get four in the pots before energy went kaput

I got the ones in that could benefit the most from two days of rain,tomato,pentas and a Shasta daisy

If I work on them Saturday maybe he'll get pizza for dinner & an ice cream cake

Staying busy working outside.  Always more that needs doing than what gets done.  I did get my hummingbird feeder filled and hung a couple of days ago and saw my first one yesterday.  The neighbor had seen one a few days ago and I thought I could hear them squeaking when I was working outside. I don't know why but I am always happy to see them.  

pineknott sounds like you are staying busy outside too.  Fingers crossed you get your pizza and ice cream cake.  

yarn_monkey another owie!  Had your other one healed yet.

owlvamp sorry that your grandson was hurt.  I hope the boys are or will be back in your care soon.  

hi all, doesn't matter carol, you were still doing something for someone else, that counts!!

Pineknot you left out one detail, is it hubby's bday, or for you, is that why the ice  cream cake and pizza, lol, !!! oh, and I love shasta daiseys!!!!!!!!!

Hi yarnscrapper, hey all, tomorrow is May Day, didn't do my baskets, just didn't get around to it, have not felt tip top lately, alergies got me down, but this too, shall pass. lol Hope everyone is looking forward to our two birthdays this coming month, Pineknott, and Owlvamp,well my goodness, congratz to you both, and an early Happy birthday...

Remember to check the first post of this thread, for their preferences!!!!    Happy  May Happy May, may is such a pretty month!!

talk to you all again lateron.

hi brenda,our posts crossed, cause yours wasnt there when I started mine, lol so hello, hope you are not getting into anymore poison ivy lil lady!!!   :manyheart

Me too!

Mailed out a box of scarves to grannyannie today.  I think there were 9 but not sure as I stuffed the box last week and just kept stuffing as many in as I could.  I have made 5 more this week.  I also  mailed out 27 squares for owlvamps project.  I got sidetracked this month making potholders for my niece.  

wow, if that is side tracked, lol put me down for some!! you must be super fast, and I can attest to your scarves, and hats, they are gorgeous!! I took out the blue scarf the other day that somehow ended up in my scarf drawer, and just tried it on again, and it is lovely, i have some like that yarn you used, is your knitted, or on the loom?? you probably don't remember, I never do, lol once they are made, and photo'ed, they are bagged or boxed and ready for delivery, lol

anyway, had hamburger steaks tonight, with home made hashbrowns, handyman makes the best, that is the reason I never order hashbrowns out, cause they just can't come up to his,lol I am spoiled... was good, the cheese cake is now gone,lol,and tomorrow, promises to be a beautiful day again, so probably will make a trip out, Happy May day tomorrow everyone!! I  never as a kid understood, why we danced around a may pole, do any of you know, I mean I think it must have been elementry school, but I don't have a clue, lol I do remember delivering may baskets though to my friends and neighbors, did you all do that??

Ok ladies , well I will see you next month, till then, to the hooks!!! :yay  :cheer

Staying busy working outside.  Always more that needs doing than what gets done.  I did get my hummingbird feeder filled and hung a couple of days ago and saw my first one yesterday.  The neighbor had seen one a few days ago and I thought I could hear them squeaking when I was working outside. I don't know why but I am always happy to see them.  

pineknott sounds like you are staying busy outside too.  Fingers crossed you get your pizza and ice cream cake.  

yarn_monkey another owie!  Had your other one healed yet.

owlvamp sorry that your grandson was hurt.  I hope the boys are or will be back in your care soon.  

The elbow did heal thank goodness! Otherwise I'd be completely out of commission with the left shoulder and the right elbow! Shoulder is a little better, just achey, especially as the day goes on. 

Got some squares done last night and hoping for more tonight. I'm not quite ready to donate yet, but I think so far I've done 6 or 7 hats (with enough yarn for another couple before I take them to donate), 2 finished baby ghans and 2 about halfway plus another in planning. I probably won't wait to donate until the one in planning is done. I'll just take that with the next batch!

Katie, I keep forgetting to call the lady about where to take my donations and if they'll accept the preemie size. I'll try to remember tomorrow!

Today I went over to Sister's and we took the Peanut out to Target and then met DH for dinner at our new favorite Mexican restaurant. They had a mariachi band tonight and the band went table to table playing songs. Peanut was fascinated!! The only parts he didn't like was the clapping and when the man playing the violin got close to him and played really fast. He'd start shaking and back up just as far as he could go on whoever's lap he was currently on. He also tried a lemon for the first time! He likes limes but apparently is not a fan of lemons! :lol Good for him, though, he kept trying before he finally gave up and threw it on the floor! 

Tomorrow DH and I have to go to the grocery store and I need to find a slip for the wedding on Sunday. I've looked online at all the places we have nearby (because there isn't time to ship and I've just realized I needed it) and for the most part they're too small or too long or far too expensive. I think I found one and the store has two locations nearby so hopefully one of them has it! Of course it's one of the only stores that doesn't have one of those "locate in store" buttons on the website!

Okay, off to work on squares now. Hope everyone is having a good week! :ghug   

TGIF everyone! All of my patient, beautiful, forgiving, gorgeous, talented, amazing March bdays should be getting a puffy TOMORROW. omg cannot tell you how embarrassed and sorry I am to have gotten them out so late.  :worried  :oops  :2blush  BUT they are in transit, hopefully they arrive safely! :D I also hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to a great weekend! 

I made stuffed cabbage rolls for the first time today! Just have to wait until my husband gets home to taste them and see if they're right. I've never actually eaten them before either. LOL 

:hug  :hug  :hug  :hug

Happy May Day everyone.

As a kid I "danced" around the may pole. The may pole is some type of German celebration, but I don't know why you dance.

We did May Day Baskets as kids too. Put the basket on the doorstep, ring the bell and run like h...., I mean crazy. :rofl

I'm back on the road again next week so I'll be MIA for awhile.

Archived