Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen a sweater machine before! It sounds like fun. Maybe a good way to use up some stash. ^_^

I have been in a really weird place lately. Not sure what's going on; I've just been really off. But I just helped a friend find a potential job lead, so that feels good. I wasn't sure if he was still looking! But the list of what they were searching for sounded like a good fit so I just shared it to my feed and then somebody else actually tagged him in a comment, so now we're working on getting him in touch with the OP. (I saw it shared on a friend's feed and then shared it to my own!)

Going to go play with the dog for a little bit. Keeping the tab open so I can finish catching up on replies later on.

Oh - today is our ten year anniversary, too. Which makes the weird feeling all the more annoying. I forgot, again. As usual. I mean, I knew it was coming up, but we didn't really plan anything together and I definitely didn't think about a gift or anything and I didn't realise it was ten years until this morning when he said "Happy anniversary." So I definitely am feeling like I dropped the ball on this one.  :( But we're getting take out from a great Italian restaurant tonight and I picked up some nice dessert from Wegmans and hopefully we'll just all be able to relax tonight. Back sometime later!

Well I am still alive ladies.....  life has run me over with a steam roller lately.   Good news. EMT class is almost over. we test out June 13th I am now a Jamberry nail consultant. Having a blast with that and my nails are pretty. I go to Management training June 14 - 19 th. In preparation of taking over the Store.

Bad news.  My step father has been diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer. We see an oncologist Tuesday. But his heart Dr and his regular Dr are not very hopeful. it is very fast spreading.  The raise in pay with my new position will mean I have to move. so if anything happens to my SF then my mom will be here by herself instead of us living beside her.  

Well class in 45 minutes. So I am Outtie..............  Miss u ladies

I got one of sopo's beautiful butterflies today.  Thank you so much Stephanie.  I hope you are okay. I worry about you when you don't check in.   It looked like there was a tornado down your way yesterday.   Owlvamp  I looked at the butterfly and  I believe it is 4 rounds of a granny hexagon folded in half with the ribbon around it.  

yarn_monkey I bought one of the sweater or knitting machines a few years ago at a garage sale for $5.  I brought it down from the attic to study the instructions.  My problem is I don't have the space to set it up and leave it up. It looked like I needed to buy one of those small tables that you can adjust the height.  I just put it back in the attic.  Maybe someday. .  

lacey hope your mom came through ok

Viking happy anniversary.   You have been so busy with the move and all besides working and taking care of little viking.  We don't do much for our anniversary-----maybe out to eat and usually not the day of.  

dragn glad you checked in.  Sorry about your step father.  My mom passed away 20 years ago with pancreatic cancer.   :hug

Cloudy all day again today but no showers as of yet.  This morning I gave our bonsai stands a good "oiling" with Old English furniture polish.    Tomorrow I need to tidy up our few trees and get everything packed that we are taking for the Society's annual exhibit at Powell Gardens.  it will be a fun but exhausting weekend setting up the display and greeting people.  A different set of Lego sculptures on on display at the Gardens this summer.  I will have to make a special trip out there to see them.  

Hi everyone,

Just popping in while dinner is cooking. Today was definitely a better day, I've decided that I can't change things so I am going to focus on my students and ignore the adults that are annoying me. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Hi everyone,

Just popping in while dinner is cooking. Today was definitely a better day, I've decided that I can't change things so I am going to focus on my students and ignore the adults that are annoying me. Hope everyone has a great evening.

way to go Carol!!

Good Morning everyone

up early to get out and play in the dirt ahead of the rain system that will be with us for a few days

just looked out the window,gee 5 after 7 seems early for a school bus pick up.I remember overcrowding at our jr. high,we had to go split sessions,morning were 7 - 1,afternoon session noon - 5:30

Good morning!

I had it out some with the boys mom last night. Still haven't talked to the boys and she feels she did right and I am wrong for feeling the way I do.hubby mouth dropped to the floor a few times. I am so pissed off I can't tell you . She is so damned disturb it isn't funny.

well Sandra, maybe some things needed to be said, and the air will clear a bit now, I dunno, hard telling with some people. 

Hi Pineknott,yep in i think it was elementary school, whilst a new school was being built, we had to share with some other kids school or something, anyway, I went from like 8 to noon, and my little sister, from 1 to 5, which Im very sure made a great pain for my mom at the time, lol but we made it through, it was just for one school year....

Im all for school year round,lol and uniforms too.....lol

nothing else much here, cloudy, but no rain today, as of y et, nother system coming in soon though, so we will see..

started on some "sopo-butterflies" and they are adorable, lol Im experimenting right now, and the brunch bunch will benefit from that Im sure, lol

other than that, not much new, so will head out and poke around to see what to have for din din, lol  later lovelies!!

It rained last night and this morning.  Then the sun came out late afternoon.  I hope that doesn't set us up for storms tomorrow.  I have spent the day tidying up our few trees and packing all the stuff we need to take tomorrow.  katy I have pictures of trees that we have worked on---most of them have died.  It's a tough hobby from trying to design the tree and keeping it alive.   You can use most any tree or bush so you need to know and meet the horticultural needs for what ever tree you are working with.  Because it is a living art form its never done (until it dies),  You have to pinch, prune, wire, and periodically repot to keep one in shape.   Anyway its time to fix supper.

Happy Friday!  :dance I survived a crazy week and I am ready for a weekend of sewing and relaxing! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you all know what the DR said about the Cysts. They are just sitting there. Just doing nothing. That is a good thing. I am getting a second opinion. Just in case. I want to know more about them. The DR didn't really pay attention to nothing. It was one of those take the money and run DR. I will let you know what the second DR says. But so far. I may have just have an inner ear infection. I hope that is all.  But the cysts. Just sitting there. Thank the Lord. :clap

Sorry I have been mia for a few days. Little Tribble has been really sick. Sunday night he began running a 103.5 fever and cough. Then began with diarrhea on Tuesday along with the fever. With the normal Tylenol and motril every 4 and 6 hours, his fever was still staying at 100.5. On Tuesday evening I called his doctor and they said a lot of viruses are going around and if he didn't turn around by Wednesday evening to call and they would get him in or to make an appointment if he had any more added symptoms. He seemed to feel somewhat better on Wednesday, as it was the first time his temperature had been under 100 since Sunday. Well by Wednesday night his fever was back up to 103.5 so on Thursday we gave up and took him to urgent care just to see if his lungs sounded clear and it was just a virus after all. Of course during this entire week I asked him many times if his throat hurt or if his ears hurt. No and no was the answer I got. He just kept saying he didn't feel good. He of course wasn't eating well either. So after seeing the doctor, turns out he has bilateral ear infections, and bronchitis and has lost 4 pounds. He only started out as 40 pounds to begin with - poor child. But after two doses of antibiotics (this is the first time he's ever had to be on them) and some cough syrup so he could sleep well, he was acting almost 100% again today! Took a load off my mind. He has also eaten more today than he has in 4 days!!!

Looks like everyone is getting awesome puffies and squares!!!

Love the butterfly!

Hope everyone that hasn't been feeling well gets better soon its getting so beautiful outside. It was 92 here yesterday! In May... goodness is august going to be toasty! But I am so happy that it is warm and not cold... I despise winter.

Got all the stuff for Little Tribbles birthday party on Monday. It is of course going to be Minecraft themed... I don't think his creeper blanket is going to be completely finished as I work all weekend but his TNT pillow will be ready! I just had way too much stuff to get done and overloaded myself. I will continue to work on the blanket to try and get it completed but I do not see it happening.

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you all know what the DR said about the Cysts. They are just sitting there. Just doing nothing. That is a good thing. I am getting a second opinion. Just in case. I want to know more about them. The DR didn't really pay attention to nothing. It was one of those take the money and run DR. I will let you know what the second DR says. But so far. I may have just have an inner ear infection. I hope that is all.  But the cysts. Just sitting there. Thank the Lord. :clap

Thank you! He has done so much better today and I am so glad. He even asked to go outside this evening and Mr Tribble took him outside to play.

awwwwwwwwww poor lil tribble,it sure is no fun not feeling well

No it's not and he's never felt like this before. But he was almost completely back to himself today... we are so glad.

I got one of sopo's beautiful butterflies today.  Thank you so much Stephanie.  I hope you are okay. I worry about you when you don't check in.   It looked like there was a tornado down your way yesterday.   Owlvamp  I looked at the butterfly and  I believe it is 4 rounds of a granny hexagon folded in half with the ribbon around it.  

yarn_monkey I bought one of the sweater or knitting machines a few years ago at a garage sale for $5.  I brought it down from the attic to study the instructions.  My problem is I don't have the space to set it up and leave it up. It looked like I needed to buy one of those small tables that you can adjust the height.  I just put it back in the attic.  Maybe someday. .  

lacey hope your mom came through ok

Viking happy anniversary.   You have been so busy with the move and all besides working and taking care of little viking.  We don't do much for our anniversary-----maybe out to eat and usually not the day of.  

dragn glad you checked in.  Sorry about your step father.  My mom passed away 20 years ago with pancreatic cancer.   :hug

Cloudy all day again today but no showers as of yet.  This morning I gave our bonsai stands a good "oiling" with Old English furniture polish.    Tomorrow I need to tidy up our few trees and get everything packed that we are taking for the Society's annual exhibit at Powell Gardens.  it will be a fun but exhausting weekend setting up the display and greeting people.  A different set of Lego sculptures on on display at the Gardens this summer.  I will have to make a special trip out there to see them.  

That's one thing I'm worried about is space. We have our kitchen table, which we never use until DH's sister and her kids come to visit, and we have those little TV tray tables but those aren't very stable. I think if I do short projects, I can probably set up on the kitchen table or maybe the dining room table. We'll just have to see what it's like to get out and work on and then have to put away.  :think  They seem a little big and noisy in the videos I watched on YouTube. 

Hi everyone,

That's why I don't think I could be a teacher... I'd have more trouble with the parents than the students. I really don't have much in the way of patience!  :no

Good morning!

I had it out some with the boys mom last night. Still haven't talked to the boys and she feels she did right and I am wrong for feeling the way I do.hubby mouth dropped to the floor a few times. I am so pissed off I can't tell you . She is so damned disturb it isn't funny.

Oh Sandra, I'm so sorry!  :hug  I wish she'd just leave them with you because they were doing so well!  :hug

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you all know what the DR said about the Cysts. They are just sitting there. Just doing nothing. That is a good thing. I am getting a second opinion. Just in case. I want to know more about them. The DR didn't really pay attention to nothing. It was one of those take the money and run DR. I will let you know what the second DR says. But so far. I may have just have an inner ear infection. I hope that is all.  But the cysts. Just sitting there. Thank the Lord.

I'm glad you're getting a second opinion! Especially if you had the sort of doctor that you don't feel was really listening and explaining things. It's your body and you deserve to have all the answers and information and be completely confident in the care you're receiving! Keep us updated!  :manyheart  Praying it's just an ear infection!!  :yes

Sorry I have been mia for a few days. Little Tribble has been really sick. Sunday night he began running a 103.5 fever and cough. Then began with diarrhea on Tuesday along with the fever. With the normal Tylenol and motril every 4 and 6 hours, his fever was still staying at 100.5. On Tuesday evening I called his doctor and they said a lot of viruses are going around and if he didn't turn around by Wednesday evening to call and they would get him in or to make an appointment if he had any more added symptoms. He seemed to feel somewhat better on Wednesday, as it was the first time his temperature had been under 100 since Sunday. Well by Wednesday night his fever was back up to 103.5 so on Thursday we gave up and took him to urgent care just to see if his lungs sounded clear and it was just a virus after all. Of course during this entire week I asked him many times if his throat hurt or if his ears hurt. No and no was the answer I got. He just kept saying he didn't feel good. He of course wasn't eating well either. So after seeing the doctor, turns out he has bilateral ear infections, and bronchitis and has lost 4 pounds. He only started out as 40 pounds to begin with - poor child. But after two doses of antibiotics (this is the first time he's ever had to be on them) and some cough syrup so he could sleep well, he was acting almost 100% again today! Took a load off my mind. He has also eaten more today than he has in 4 days!!!

Love the butterfly!

Hope everyone that hasn't been feeling well gets better soon its getting so beautiful outside. It was 92 here yesterday! In May... goodness is august going to be toasty! But I am so happy that it is warm and not cold... I despise winter.

Got all the stuff for Little Tribbles birthday party on Monday. It is of course going to be Minecraft themed... I don't think his creeper blanket is going to be completely finished as I work all weekend but his TNT pillow will be ready! I just had way too much stuff to get done and overloaded myself. I will continue to work on the blanket to try and get it completed but I do not see it happening.

Oh goodness, I'm so glad he's feeling better! Those viruses are awful. It's terrible to just sit there and have to suffer through until it decides it's done and goes away. 

I got up early this morning and went over to Sister's so I could help with Peanut and the dog while the maintenance people were there to fix some things in her apartment. Peanut was refusing to nap so Sister gave him a bottle and he finally fell asleep. She tried putting him in his crib and he woke right up and threw a fit so she handed him to me and off to sleep he went. Actually, off to sleep we both went! Peanut and I both got a good little nap together!  :c9 When the maintenance guys were done, we went and got lunch and went to a consignment sale to see what we could find for Peanut. Sister wanted to get him some new clothes but she didn't find a whole lot. She did find him one of those little plastic lawnmower toys that has the balls in it and it pops as you push it. Oh, he was obsessed! He pushed it all around the store. They had a sign up that said "Please don't let your children play with the toys" but we figured we were buying it so it was okay. We must have circled that store 5 times! The lady running the sale said "I hope you're buying that or he's going to be unhappy when you take it!" Believe me, it was worth the $2 the toy cost to avoid the meltdown.  :yes He got upset he couldn't push it back to the car through the parking lot and even more upset when he couldn't make it pop playing with it in the car. 

We had pierogies for dinner that I fried up with onion and slices of chicken/bacon/pineapple sausage and then I've got several more baby ghan squares done for one of the donation blankets. Plus I'm starting to make plans for some of the yarn I bought at the tent sale... I think I want to make a felted tote bag with the Patons Classic Wool, but I'm trying to figure out if I can do it in our washing machine... It's a normal top loading one, but the lid locks during the cycle and if you unlock it, it stops the cycle completely and you have to start over... I'll have to think about it but I may be able to figure it out. 

Tomorrow I've got a funeral for a friend's dad and I need to call my grandmother and my uncle to work out our trip up to them next week. My uncle is having hernia surgery on Friday and since he lives with my grandmother and she can't drive, we'll be going up to take care of things. I think it's a relatively simple and outpatient surgery but he'll need to get home after and his bedroom is upstairs and my grandmother can't be going up and down every time my uncle needs something. I think we'll be up for the whole weekend, but I'll have to see what he thinks when I call. 

Okay, enough yapping for tonight! I hope everyone had a good Friday and I'll be back tomorrow!  :ghug

It rained last night and this morning.  Then the sun came out late afternoon.  I hope that doesn't set us up for storms tomorrow.  I have spent the day tidying up our few trees and packing all the stuff we need to take tomorrow.  katy I have pictures of trees that we have worked on---most of them have died.  It's a tough hobby from trying to design the tree and keeping it alive.   You can use most any tree or bush so you need to know and meet the horticultural needs for what ever tree you are working with.  Because it is a living art form its never done (until it dies),  You have to pinch, prune, wire, and periodically repot to keep one in shape.   Anyway its time to fix supper.

hi bgs, yes,. i knew bonsai trees were high maintenence, sounds like that is  right, how long does one live, do you know, do they have regular tree ages, or die sooner, cause they were I dunno, bonsai-ed??

well, do keep us informed, im hoping the ear infection as well, as that is readily treatable. Hopefully, you'll start feeling better soon.

Love the butterfly!

aw, happy birthday to little tribbles!! at his age, they love everyrthing they get, lol

hey all of the mothers out there, Happy Mother's day tomorrow!! Do you all have special plans??  My daughter is coming over, first she wanted to take us out, but honestly the crowds on any holiday just take the fun out of it for me, so we landed on her bringing over a bucket of KFC with all the fixings,and two movies she will get that we haven't been able to see yet, one old time, that i have seen, and the other, wellI can't remember now,lol anyway, we'll be spending mother's day here at home, in my lounging outfit, lol, no crowds, no rush, no waiting for seating, AND movies, lol Im set, one of the best mother's Days sounds like to me!!

other than that, no new news, no bad news,no news is good news,right...

I am cleaning a bit today, just doing some dusting and vacuuming, I don't want her to draw pictures in the accumulated dust on the things,lol JK, but itis due for some dusting around here, I guess. Got the vacuuming all completed, and the living room done, working on the bathroom, washed some throw rugs,  had handyman reseal a place where the gutter was dripping, before the next rains come, and clean the ac, as someone around us has a tree that spits off those darn little helicopter things,and it clogs our gutters every spring,and the ac too. so that all is done, lawn is mowed, typical saturday I guess..

Rains coming tomorrow, so will be nice to be inside, instead traisping through puddles and darting raindrops, lol

Well,im off,lots to do yet, I will gab more later, till then, have a great weekend everyone!!

Archived