Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so sorry for what you, and the boys are having to go through, it's just tragic, and hard on all of you.. I will send up super dooper good thoughts to the universe, and hope all will be well soon for you and yours. :hug

owlvamp so sorry will pray that the boys are sent back to you soon.

Katy I loved your butterflies.  After seeing the one you made with the multicolored yarn (Mexicana) I had to go dig out a skein of it to make one.  That's always been one of my favorites in the multi colored yarns because the colors are bright and cheerful and it combines well with so many colors.  With all the yard work I had stalled on crocheting as I just couldn't decide what I wanted to work on.  The butterfies are very gratifying since they work up quickly and are so pretty.  .  

I weeded my veggie garden this morning.  It's so much easier and faster with the raised beds.  I am also able to get it planted much earlier as it is usually well into June before the area is dry enough to till.    I wish it was as easy to weed the flower gardens. The clay just doesn't want to release them whether it is wet or dry.  About noon we had one heck of a rainshower come through and there are more on the way.  So glad I was able to mow on Wed.

morning.. i was having trouble last evening with signing in,but safe to say it was me, not crochetville,and it is ok now, thank goodness, i nearly panicked! up early today, will be a long day, and rain in the forcast, but wanted to tell you all good morning! Have a great day, and Ill be back later...

Hello!

I finally made it to the weekend, this week was waaaayyyyy too long. I'm spending the weekend with my daughter and her family, I even took Monday off for some extra fun. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi All!  Just a quick post to say hello. Not much new going on in my life.  Same old stuff, just a different day.  Keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on going, lol.  I did have a lovely Mother's day.  My boy's both came to visit with their families, so I got to see all 5 grandkids!  Boy was I tired Monday, lol.

Dragnlady, so sorry to read your news. I will send prayers and offer up good intentions... :hug

Pineknott, oh my, I'm so glad that you are ok.  I understand grieving about your car, I've been there, but it can be replaced, you can't.  We need you around  :hug

Viking, beautiful painting!!!!  

bgs, love the bonsai plants!  I tried to grow them several times - no luck any of the times  :(

Well, I'm running out of energy, so time to end this for today.  Sorry that I didn't get to everyone.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers though, Take care and be well.  Love ya my square making hooker friends, lol   :lol   :manyheart

Good evening all! Tried to go yardsaleing today however there was not one to find here or in a nearby town. Couldn't believe it. So we went to a thrift store... Found some cute things. I bought some handmade items and Mr Tribble found a hat hanger and a new lamp project. Little Tribble got a jet metal toy and a metal car.

Went to the grocery store. When in the world did they get so expensive? Just crazy.

Tomorrow going to plant the tomato and cucumber plants we purchased and also the flowers little Tribble picked out. Need to weed the flower bed anyway. Couldn't now this week as the pull string on the mower broke so have to get that fixed as the yard is quickly looking like a jungle again.

Then will cook on the grill and have a friend over. Back to work on Monday night.

Have a good Sunday all!

Quick check in again... I'm trying to get some hooky time in since I took a tote bag and didn't touch it the whole time we were away. 

My uncle came out of the surgery fine and seems to be doing well. He tells you he doesn't hurt but you can tell by his face when he moves that it's not entirely true. Sorry it was because he had to have a surgery, but I'm glad we got to go up and spend time. 

Oh, and Uncle won the argument. We picked my grandmother up at 9 and took her to breakfast and then got to the hospital just before Uncle was finished.  :)  I had a feeling he'd win. He got the stubborness from her and he's got it pretty perfected! 

And here's the donation ghan I used Katie's giveaway squares on... Thanks again Katie and owlvamp!!  :hug

Okay, off to do a little more crocheting and then off to bed. All that driving wears me out!  :tired Night all!

Oh good to hear yarnmonkey, glad he is up and feeling better!! Nice ghan by the way too, so cute!!

Owlvamp, hi ya, sometimes those days are the best, the ones you don't have anything planned, or any must do's, lol

I shampooed the craft room yesterday, tomorrow I will do my bedroom, tuesday I have the cable co. coming, box isn't working on a couple channels, what a hassle, for what we pay cable, doesn't sure seem worth it much anymore, and so aggravating!

Hi carol, hope you are enjoying your free time, lol doing fun stuff, or just relaxing, you  know, it's all good!!

Quick check in again... I'm trying to get some hooky time in since I took a tote bag and didn't touch it the whole time we were away. 

My uncle came out of the surgery fine and seems to be doing well. He tells you he doesn't hurt but you can tell by his face when he moves that it's not entirely true. Sorry it was because he had to have a surgery, but I'm glad we got to go up and spend time. 

Oh, and Uncle won the argument. We picked my grandmother up at 9 and took her to breakfast and then got to the hospital just before Uncle was finished.  :)  I had a feeling he'd win. He got the stubborness from her and he's got it pretty perfected! 

And here's the donation ghan I used Katie's giveaway squares on... Thanks again Katie and owlvamp!!  :hug

Okay, off to do a little more crocheting and then off to bed. All that driving wears me out!  :tired Night all!

Good morning !

Not sure what my plans are for today.

Good Morning!

I can't believe how long it's been since I checked in here. I haven't done a whole lot online for awhile... We've been fighting off sickies and ickies and just general overtired and worn out for a couple of months now. It seems like we're just passing around all of it. I'm terribly behind on making and sending squares, but I am determined to get caught up somehow. And get in here more often.

Help all... Hope everyone's Sunday is going well... We're getting ready to cook on the grill. Gonna try Etty to get the flowers planted. It didn't happen yesterday started raining! Fell asleep last night before I could do any crocheting. I hate that! Happens way too much for my liking.

Hi, ladies! I'm baaaaaack! Time flies when you're having fun, right? I've been almost three months at my job. I love it! I even get to crochet and knit during down times. The people are great, and the location is ideal.

I finally took pictures of my squares all together. Here is my count:

Six 12-inch squares

Twenty-nine 6-inch squares

Twenty-six 3-inch squares

I estimate that I need:

Twelve 12-inch squares

Six 6-inch squares

I estimate that I'm going to mail out two puffies next week. Yay!

I am sad to say that I've lost the title of Night Owl. I am often asleep by 10. What a scandal!

How is everyone? What have I missed?

Hugs to you all :)

Maria

post-44469-0-18262300-1431911020_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-76374800-1431911034_thumb.jpg

I can't believe how long it's been since I checked in here. I haven't done a whole lot online for awhile... We've been fighting off sickies and ickies and just general overtired and worn out for a couple of months now. It seems like we're just passing around all of it. I'm terribly behind on making and sending squares, but I am determined to get caught up somehow. And get in here more often.

I hope the sickies will be gone for a while and you'll be able to check in more often!  :hug

Help all... Hope everyone's Sunday is going well... We're getting ready to cook on the grill. Gonna try Etty to get the flowers planted. It didn't happen yesterday started raining! Fell asleep last night before I could do any crocheting. I hate that! Happens way too much for my liking.

Oog grilling out sounds so good! I think I need to get DH out there and cooking!  :yes

Hi, ladies! I'm baaaaaack! Time flies when you're having fun, right? I've been almost three months at my job. I love it! I even get to crochet and knit during down times. The people are great, and the location is ideal.

Six 12-inch squares

I estimate that I need:

Twelve 12-inch squares

Six 6-inch squares

I am sad to say that I've lost the title of Night Owl. I am often asleep by 10. What a scandal!

Maria

Welcome back!! I thought about emailing or messaging you 100 times but I'm a horrible person and never remembered when I was online. I'm glad you love your job and it's even better that you get to play with yarn while you're there! 

Well I got another Moogly square done today and one halfway finished. DH went to a friend's for another pay per view. When he leaves for the evening I always get these crazy ideas to cook. Last time was a giant chocolate chip cookie. Tonight was a sopapilla cheesecake. It's super easy with cream cheese and crescent roll dough. Anyway, you have to melt a stick of butter. I always just pop it in a mug and stick it in the microwave for a little bit. 45 seconds usually isn't too long but for some reason this mug handle got super hot and I burned the tar out of 3 fingers on my left hand. That's my WIP holding hand when I crochet so I'm out of commission for a few days. I've got a nasty blister forming on the side of my ring finger.  :cry So new rule: no cooking when DH is away! I told you I was a disaster!

Well I'm off for now. Hope everyone had a good weekend!  :ghug

Welcome back!! I thought about emailing or messaging you 100 times but I'm a horrible person and never remembered when I was online. I'm glad you love your job and it's even better that you get to play with yarn while you're there!

You're so funny! I'm the terrible one for not checking in. It's on my to-do list to keep in touch more often.

Earlier I posted what I thought I needed. Scratch that, please. I found more squares. Remember that beautiful friendshipghan that I made out of the squares I gathered here? I had to repair at a continuous join junction because it got caught in the washer. Today I found two rips at the centers of two squares. I'm afraid of checking the rest. My niece's cousins spent the weekend, and the youngest did it. It's in two separate places. That indicates to me that it wasn't an accident. I am so mad! I hope I can repair the tears. Once I do, I'm considering putting it away until she's older. My SIL wasn't concerned and didn't think it was necessary to save it for when my niece is older. She's got her good qualities, but taking care of possessions has never been one of them. Ugh! That got me to thinking that with a dog in my other niece's house that often jumps up on her bed, the one I'm currently collecting squares for will end up the same. I've reconsidered making her a big afghan. I decided to make it smaller so it's more of a throw and it's not used to cover her bed. After that one, I'm only making them for myself or my dad and stepmom.

Okay. Rant over. As you were ;)

hi ya Holly, good to see ya, so sorry to hear of all the sickieness going around, and around, and around, lol when you have kids, that happens more than I think it needs too! But anyway, glad you are feeling better, and up and around again, hope you check in with us too, you were missed, Missy, lol welcome back!!

Hi Tribble, good to hear other places got the rain, as we have had the wettest spring, ever I think, lol, and today enjoying some sunny weather, but the rain is so good for the plants and flowers, I guess I should not complain, as it saves on watering, soooooo upside to everything, I guess if you look hard enough!! Good to see your post, and what does etty mean please, lol am i the only daft one here!!!

Hi all. Worn out tonight. Going to fold laundry and work on a birthday square and then go pass out. Oh, and drink a ton of water - we do miss our central air!

Hi ya lauren, oh my, i would miss my central air as well, I  lived in one house, that I had three window units, lol had to, to stay alive in the summer!!! get hydrated, and get some rest!!

Six 12-inch squares

I estimate that I need:

Twelve 12-inch squares

Six 6-inch squares

Maria

Oh my goodness, it;s our angel, come to visit!!! sheesh, we have missed you, glad the job is going so well, and you are in good health!!! So, am I understanding this right, that you don't need anymore squares, is that what you mean, and so sorry too, about the ghans falling apart, kids in general, don't really have much what is the word, carefullness with things like that..I am picky too, about whom I make them for anymore, and I include washing instructions, stressing, only when needed, gentle cycles, cool water, short agitation,and warm drying for like 10 min, then lay flat to finish drying, so far, that has been a saving grace for some of my friends, and family, as thiers are sitll in excellent shape, or I would hear about it, lol Welcome back angel, we missed ya!!

You're so funny! I'm the terrible one for not checking in. It's on my to-do list to keep in touch more often.

Earlier I posted what I thought I needed. Scratch that, please. I found more squares. Remember that beautiful friendshipghan that I made out of the squares I gathered here? I had to repair at a continuous join junction because it got caught in the washer. Today I found two rips at the centers of two squares. I'm afraid of checking the rest. My niece's cousins spent the weekend, and the youngest did it. It's in two separate places. That indicates to me that it wasn't an accident. I am so mad! I hope I can repair the tears. Once I do, I'm considering putting it away until she's older. My SIL wasn't concerned and didn't think it was necessary to save it for when my niece is older. She's got her good qualities, but taking care of possessions has never been one of them. Ugh! That got me to thinking that with a dog in my other niece's house that often jumps up on her bed, the one I'm currently collecting squares for will end up the same. I've reconsidered making her a big afghan. I decided to make it smaller so it's more of a throw and it's not used to cover her bed. After that one, I'm only making them for myself or my dad and stepmom.

So good to see howieann, angel, and grannyannie check in.

So far it hasn't rained  since early Sun morning but the yard is still really squishy.  Sat we went to bonsai and afterwards to dad's to work in his yard..  He had a bad week and canceled the shipment of his next round of chemo.   He told stepmom that he wishes she had not taken him to the hospital (like he asked)when they put in the pacemaker (because he would not be suffering so now). He has refused physical therapy all along because of pain and has now come to realize how weak he has become.  It's just hard.  His birthday is Sat.  Maybe he will have a better week.

Other than making some butterflies I haven't been crocheting much as I can't quite decide what to work on.    

Hello!

I'm home from my daughter's and already missing everyone, I'll probably be back up there in about 4 weeks, that is a long time. Oh well, tomorrow it's back to work, we have 3 weeks of school before summer break, I'm ready for this school year to be over, it seems like it has been a rough year and I'm hoping next year will be better. I finished squares for the birthday girls, just need to request addresses. Have a great evening everyone. 

Hi bgs, so sorry to hear of your dad's problems, here's hoping he improves soon. The yards here are wet too for good reason, rain for the last few days, today tomorrow, and from there on, we should be more on a normal rainfall schedule, here's hoping.. I too am undecided on my next project although the butterflies sure filled a gap for me as well, easy, pretty, and fun to do, and quick!! I don't have much else planned, we'll see what happens....

So far it hasn't rained  since early Sun morning but the yard is still really squishy.  Sat we went to bonsai and afterwards to dad's to work in his yard..  He had a bad week and canceled the shipment of his next round of chemo.   He told stepmom that he wishes she had not taken him to the hospital (like he asked)when they put in the pacemaker (because he would not be suffering so now). He has refused physical therapy all along because of pain and has now come to realize how weak he has become.  It's just hard.  His birthday is Sat.  Maybe he will have a better week.

Other than making some butterflies I haven't been crocheting much as I can't quite decide what to work on.    

Hi Carol, as glad as the kids are to be out of school soon, no on realizes that the teachers too, are a happy bunch at school's end!! Do you then have the whole summer off,?? I never knew how that worked, lol, if they got the summer off too, and still got paid, if tha'ts the case, yay for you, right.... lol

And i shampooed the bedrooms today, so that is another big chore done, and have the cable co. coming tomorrow, to do something to these mini boxes, they required now on every tv... grrrrrr, I don't like this much, but what can you do, huh... ANyone here have Prism, don't know if that is local, or national, but seriously thinking about moving to Prism, instead of Cox Cable, any opinions?

I am about at the end of that spring cleaning I am doing, had a burst of energy, lol and decided then to get the shampooing done today, that was a big thing on my list, just to freshen it up, as it doesn't get very dirty at all, just like the smell and look of shampoed carpet, lol, smells so fresh, I always add a bit of Febreeze to the carpet cleaner, makes everything smell so nice and clean!!

other than that, what else, oh before the cable comes tomorrow, I would like to get to the post office, have a package for my sisters, both of them, and a good friend to mail off, some butterflys, and a few other little things, just to say happy spring!!

And have showered, and will relax for a while, see what's on tv, or just call it a day, either one, lol have a good evening all.

Hello!

I'm home from my daughter's and already missing everyone, I'll probably be back up there in about 4 weeks, that is a long time. Oh well, tomorrow it's back to work, we have 3 weeks of school before summer break, I'm ready for this school year to be over, it seems like it has been a rough year and I'm hoping next year will be better. I finished squares for the birthday girls, just need to request addresses. Have a great evening everyone. 

Oh, watching people not take what I consider proper care of something I made them sends me into a (silent) rage. It makes me crazy and I make a mental note to not make them anything else. I just don't think they understand the sort of work and time that goes into these things. I always took very good care of my things but Sister is the exact opposite. At least she recognizes it now that she's an adult and asks everyone to not give her anything expensive. She wants costume jewelry only, she says!  

I'm sorry to hear your dad has been having a bad time.  :hug It's so hard to hear them talk that way. I hope he'll feel better next week after his birthday. 

I really need to make some of these butterflies!!  :yes

Hi bgs, so sorry to hear of your dad's problems, here's hoping he improves soon. The yards here are wet too for good reason, rain for the last few days, today tomorrow, and from there on, we should be more on a normal rainfall schedule, here's hoping.. I too am undecided on my next project although the butterflies sure filled a gap for me as well, easy, pretty, and fun to do, and quick!! I don't have much else planned, we'll see what happens....

Hi Carol, as glad as the kids are to be out of school soon, no on realizes that the teachers too, are a happy bunch at school's end!! Do you then have the whole summer off,?? I never knew how that worked, lol, if they got the summer off too, and still got paid, if tha'ts the case, yay for you, right.... lol

And i shampooed the bedrooms today, so that is another big chore done, and have the cable co. coming tomorrow, to do something to these mini boxes, they required now on every tv... grrrrrr, I don't like this much, but what can you do, huh... ANyone here have Prism, don't know if that is local, or national, but seriously thinking about moving to Prism, instead of Cox Cable, any opinions?

I am about at the end of that spring cleaning I am doing, had a burst of energy, lol and decided then to get the shampooing done today, that was a big thing on my list, just to freshen it up, as it doesn't get very dirty at all, just like the smell and look of shampoed carpet, lol, smells so fresh, I always add a bit of Febreeze to the carpet cleaner, makes everything smell so nice and clean!!

other than that, what else, oh before the cable comes tomorrow, I would like to get to the post office, have a package for my sisters, both of them, and a good friend to mail off, some butterflys, and a few other little things, just to say happy spring!!

And have showered, and will relax for a while, see what's on tv, or just call it a day, either one, lol have a good evening all.

Can you send some of that cleaning energy over here please???  :lol

Didn't get into a whole lot today. DH and I went to the Comcast office to get a new modem. Ours was ancient and couldn't handle the new highspeed internet we got. Then he took me to Minute Clinic to have my burn checked out. I wasn't too worried but I got a pretty nasty blister pretty fast this afternoon and it got pretty good sized so I figured I could at least get some tips on care since I've never actually had a burn before. Second degree burn, nothing they can do, so she recommended an antibiotic ointment and the appropriate type of gauze. My finger looks like a Twinkie.  :reyes

I have figured out how to crochet though! I can't do much and it goes a lot slower than normal trying to keep my finger straight and I have to take a lot of breaks because the gauze rubs the burn, but I got another Moogly square done and I'm all caught up on the CAL!  :yay  Now back to squares for the last ghan for donation! Still have some hats to do but I know they'll have to wait till my finger heals. 

I need to do a little picking up tonight/in the morning because Sister is dropping Peanut off for a couple hours. Her boyfriend (Peanut's father) had his appendix out this afternoon and she needs to go pick him up from the hospital, but he drove himself there so we've got to figure that whole thing out. Either way, the boyfriend's car won't hold 2 adults and the baby seat because he drives a Mini Cooper and it's too small. So we've got Peanut and I need to make sure he won't have too much to get into! 

Okay off to straighten up. Hope everyone had a good Monday!  :)

I hope everyone not feeling so well gets to feeling better.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he gets out of pain or at least most of it where he can tolerate it. It sucks living in pain. Hugs and prayers headed your way.

good night all!

Archived