Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi everyone! The days are going to fast, I can't keep up. Hope everyone is well. I will try to get started on this month's birthday squares by the end of the week.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I had bugged Mikey for a picture, but he and Diva Dan were so busy trying to keep order and keep yarn out that I just couldn't work up the nerve. Mikey said they were so busy on that first day that they were opening boxes that weren't supposed to be opened until Wednesday! Because of that, they had to place an emergency order from the other factory and get new inventory ASAP! I wish I was a Caron SS person, because they had so many colors!! Regular and Baby and Paints and Party... I do love the colors of the Paints but I just can't handle working with it! 

Anyway! Pictures!  :D

The tent from the line... we got there at about 12:30 and the line at opening (10am) went all the way down the parking lot

post-11765-0-88577400-1430875691_thumb.jpg

From the middle of the tent to the back... That's DH's arm in the teal shirt about halfway up the right side. He got in line for me and saved my spot for checking out. Yes, that's the line for checkout.  :eek

post-11765-0-05199400-1430875697_thumb.jpg

Left "arm" of the tent. Those are Mikey's "Yarnia" characters and squares people had already donated for the World's Biggest Stocking

post-11765-0-54576800-1430875702_thumb.jpg

Middle of the tent towards the front. There's Mikey! And the cash registers with the ladies in yellow.

post-11765-0-28896400-1430875707_thumb.jpg

Now for the goodies!! 

post-11765-0-28603000-1430876094_thumb.jpg

*6 Skeins Loops & Threads T-Shirt Yarn

*4 Caron One Pound Baby 

*2 Bernat Baby Blanket (the 10.5 oz skeins) 

*1 Bernat Pipsqueak

*4 Caron Jumbo

*4 bags of mill ends (14 skeins)

*6 Patons Grace

*8 Peaches & Creme

*10 Patons Classic Wool Worsted

*1 Ultimate Sweater Machine 

Whew!! I spent $150 and based on what I've been able to find online, if I'd had to pay retail price on all of it, it would have been nearly $500! The lady who checked us out said the Sweater Machine alone sells for $189!! I've never used the Sweater Machine, but they were $30 and I figured it'd be fun to play with anyway and if I don't like it, I'm sure someone would want it. 

I'm still recovering from all the excitement and then Peanut time today! Whew! I can't wait to play with all my new toys though! 

Hope everyone is off to a good start on their week! I'm off to get hooking... I have a lot of ground to make up!!  :D

On the biggest stocking contest do you have to use a certain yarn?

Nope! It can be any yarn any weight any color, just has to be a 36" x 36" square. There were about 40 dropped off yesterday and they really covered all the bases!

Hi All!  We're having a beautiful spring day here today.  I'm loving it except for the lovely spring cold that I've picked up to go with it, lol.  Oh well, it's much better than being sick and having a blizzard going on outside!  :lol

I want to thank Sopo for the beautiful butterfly she sent me.  It really cheered me up!  I love the saying that was on it.  I've never heard that Irish saying before.

Also, I received a box of scarves from Brenda yesterday.  It was stuffed to the gills as they say.  I don't think she could have fit one more piece of paper in there if she tried, lol!  Thank you so much, I know that you are collecting scarves for your charity also, so it is very special that you took the time to make some for mine.  :hug

Nikki, woohoo!  What a haul!  Looks like you had a great day!  I can only dream of going there.  I've mentioned to hubby about going to some of the events that I see, but even though I know he would take me if I really wanted to go, in reality they won't happen, so seeing my friends go is awesome!!!!

Ok, back to the couch and try to get motivated to do something today.  I haven't wanted to do any crocheting for the past couple of days.  Think I need a good old kick in the pants, lol.

Have a great week everyone.  Be well.... :hug

This is from bgs. I loved everything you sent.

The first picture is blocks for the midnight Brite blankets I'm making. Thank you!

Second picture is the blocks for my birthday month. I love them!

The third picture is for my hat and scarve charity. Thanks a billion.

post-73065-0-78690100-1430943475_thumb.jpg

post-73065-0-86658800-1430943541_thumb.jpg

post-73065-0-98545800-1430943640_thumb.jpg

oh hello all, such pretties up there, from bags of yarn, to squares, to well, everything!!

Idon't quite know where to post this, but I got a butterfly too, from a friend here on the ville, and  have named her Stephanie, lol, here is her pic!!!! (Hint Hint!)

post-40621-0-97682400-1430946415_thumb.jpg

I love her, she is soo pretty, and blue too!! lol I think I will magnet her on the fridge after while, i have a stick on mag i will use as to not muss her beautiful wings!!

thank you hdegie mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!   with her permission, of course, I will attempt to make these for May's brunch bunch, tee hee hee.... think of the possibilities, what would I do without you all!!!

ohh woe is me, the beautiful little note attatched is upside down,,,,dang it, well here, just do like this, take your monitor or lap top, and just hold it upside down for a minute to read the note , ok? ok! loll thanks steph!!!!!!!!!! hedgie too was happy to have a friend, you know, she gets into everything, lol, hard to do for a stuffed hedgie huh, but she does!!!!! she tipped over my marker can today, crawling in and amonng things!!

grannyannie glad you got the box of scarves okay.  You are right the box was so stuffed I had a hard time getting it taped shut.

katy that's a cute butterfly.  They would be a nice little thing to make for your brunch bunch.  I love the ideas we get from each other.  So great that sopo is back in touch.  

Another cloudy day here with a few showers off and on. 

Hello everyone!

I saw some really pretty squares and an adorable butterfly.

Things are quiet here tonight, which I am thankful for after a slightly crazy day at work. I might get some crocheting done tonight. Have a great evening.

Hey Everyone,

Thought I would drop in and let you know. I had an MRI Yesterday. {Mon.}. I go tomorrow to see DR to see about the MRI. Will let you all know. OK. Not feeling the best. Take care. :ghug

Oh, forgot to say, all the squares and others crochet stuff that has been made are all so beautiful. By you all. Everyone done a great job. Love Arlene  :manyheart

hi bgs! yep, its raining here, pretty heavy at the moment, getting those storms that are leaving Oklahoma me thinks, hope sopo is ok where she is at...

grannyannie glad you got the box of scarves okay.  You are right the box was so stuffed I had a hard time getting it taped shut.

katy that's a cute butterfly.  They would be a nice little thing to make for your brunch bunch.  I love the ideas we get from each other.  So great that sopo is back in touch.  

Another cloudy day here with a few showers off and on. 

oh good linda, glad you got the puffy, and glad you liked the squares, didn't the granfather clock make it yet, LOL jk, if i coulda, I woulda sent you one of those as well!!

Katy

thank you for my birthday squares, oh my can't pick a favorite, thanks also for the card

HI ya carol hope the rest of your week goes better darlin!!

Hello everyone!

I saw some really pretty squares and an adorable butterfly.

Things are quiet here tonight, which I am thankful for after a slightly crazy day at work. I might get some crocheting done tonight. Have a great evening.

Iknow she is so cute, and as far as I know, that is how you make um I guess, gotta ask sopo for sure!!

Love the butterfly! Did you just use a granny square and then take the ribbon and put it in the middle?

Hey arlene, good to see you posting, hope the tests come back with good results for you, take care ..

Hey Everyone,

Thought I would drop in and let you know. I had an MRI Yesterday. {Mon.}. I go tomorrow to see DR to see about the MRI. Will let you all know. OK. Not feeling the best. Take care. :ghug

Hi lacey, gosh girl, you work so much, i hope on your time off y ou really take care of you!!

Hi all. I have about 15 minutes before I have to head back to work. Just wanted to pop in and say hi before I left

Hey Everyone,

Let us know how it goes!  :hug  I'll be thinking of you! 

I got a lovely butterfly from sopo too. Need to take a pic and post it tomorrow!  :yes

I've been fighting a headache this evening but it's finally starting to go away, thank goodness. Didn't get a whole lot done because of it but I did get a couple squares done for a charity ghan. 

I picked up my truck from the shop this afternoon. Some critters had gotten into the engine and built a nest and that's what caught on fire. All fixed and back to normal now, but it still smells like smoke when I run the AC but that won't last forever. I think the headache is allergy related because when I cut the AC on and turned the vent up, it spit half burned little bits of leaves and dust all over the place and I got all itchy and sneezy pretty immediately. I'm just glad it runs again! Without fire!  :D

I've been watching videos on my sweater machine and I'm really excited to try that out! It looks like a great and quick way to make some of these baby ghans and chemo hats to donate. Hopefully with the DVDs that came with it and YouTube, I can figure it out. I'm hoping to try it out this weekend. 

Not much else to report and nothing on the agenda for tomorrow but we'll see what happens. I'll be back tomorrow night!  :ghug

yarn_monkey from the looks of those bags you have blown your stashbusting score for the week,  congrats on your great find.

My back was really sore this am and it was hard to get going this am so today I have been taking it easy just doing laundry and normal housework things like vacuuming.  We got a little rain last night which was good for everything that we planted.  It's been cloudy all day and looks like another shower could pop up.  I couldn't decide what to start working on next so I grabbed another spool of cotton and started more of the round potholders.  

Oh Brenda, I'm pretty sure I've got the shoot the moon this week! I hope somebody else really goes hog wild somewhere!  :yes

I try too :) but today is not the day. I got home about 20 mins ago, and I will be leaving here in less than 2 hours to go back to work till noon. Then off to Birthday lunch with my Bestest friend, her family and probably my mom. At some point I will get a nap before I have to go back to work tonight from 10pm- 5am. Especially since I have to get off work at 5 tomorrow morning and go straight from work to take my mom for surgery at 6am. :/ so please all keep my mom in your prayers. Her track record with "playing nice" with the anastesia isn't that good.

I will however be taking some yarn with me :)

Archived