Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Speaking of giveaways... I'm just about to post my first giveaway. :) Its called "Skoggy's Cuddley Giveaway". I'm going to do one once a month. As many of you know, I love making Ami's / Cuddley things and I've been thinking about holding my own monthly giveaways for a while now. So, keep your eyes peeled... post coming in the next 30mins or so. :cheer

EDIT: It's up!!! :D

I supposedly reached my "like" quota too.  I haven't liked anything today, though.  I want in!  I'm heading over right now :D

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kuddles: I hope your little DD gets better soon! :(

@Skoggy: I am deffnetly going to check it out! :)

Funny thing, I "reasched my limit" on liking things too, and this is the first chance I've gotten to even sit infront of the comp today!

I am so aggrivated today too! :angry  Last week, we went and bought a 5 shelf bookcase to help with the "surface-space issue" we have in the bedroom...well, I put it together and we went to stand it up (I wasn't doing actual lifting, don't worry). The entire bottom half just totally broke off and crashed to the floor. :irk  It took me over an hour to get it together, having to run out of the room every few minutes cuz people won't stop yelling for me to help them...I even made sure it was nice and tight and everything, and the blasted thing just broke! Hopefully the company will be able to refund me the money for it. I e-mailed the pictures and reciept to them, along with what happened, like they requested. It's just so aggrivating!  

Sorry, I had to vent there for a second!

I hope everyone's week has started off better than mine has!  And hopefully, by this time next week, or by Wednesday next week, anyway, I'll be a Mommy all over again! So exciting! And I will deffnetly post a few pictures of Little Katiebug as soon as I can! I'll see you ladies soon! :hug s for all!

@Kuddles: I hope your little DD gets better soon! :(

@Skoggy: I am deffnetly going to check it out! :)

Funny thing, I "reasched my limit" on liking things too, and this is the first chance I've gotten to even sit infront of the comp today!

I am so aggrivated today too! :angry  Last week, we went and bought a 5 shelf bookcase to help with the "surface-space issue" we have in the bedroom...well, I put it together and we went to stand it up (I wasn't doing actual lifting, don't worry). The entire bottom half just totally broke off and crashed to the floor. :irk  It took me over an hour to get it together, having to run out of the room every few minutes cuz people won't stop yelling for me to help them...I even made sure it was nice and tight and everything, and the blasted thing just broke! Hopefully the company will be able to refund me the money for it. I e-mailed the pictures and reciept to them, along with what happened, like they requested. It's just so aggrivating!  

Sorry, I had to vent there for a second!

I hope everyone's week has started off better than mine has!  And hopefully, by this time next week, or by Wednesday next week, anyway, I'll be a Mommy all over again! So exciting! And I will deffnetly post a few pictures of Little Katiebug as soon as I can! I'll see you ladies soon! :hug s for all!

Oh you poor thing! Can't stand it when stuff like that happens!!!

I am very excited to meet Little K!!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

ps  DD is feeling a bit better in that she isn't blowing constantly this morning. We are headed out soon to go to my 6 mn dental appt where she will sit and play on my nook during, then to Joanns (yes!), maybe Walmart and then a new to us used bookstore to hopefully find some cozy mysteries which is my new reading passion!

That's yucky, katiebug! Hope the manufacturer comes through.

I meant to post all afternoon and evening yesterday; not sure how I missed it. Made it to the post office in the afternoon and sent out a puffy for our March queen. Three post office trips in a month - I am on fire this month! Hope I can keep it up! :D

Hi squares!!

Poor Katiebug, so sorry to hear your story! I am glad to hear you were';t hurt out of that ordeal!! We wanna see babybug so good lu ck when the time comes sweetie!!

Crsheridan has changed her preferences to any size, please see first post notice under her name........

Thats all, in the middle of a mess here so will get back to you all a bit later!!

Hi ya everyone!  I've been among the missing for a couple days and there are tons of posts to catch up on again, lol.  Geez, it's hard for a girl to stay up to date around here! :lol

Kuddles, yes, we are the same age!  And boy, did you ever start something with the DD talk, lol!  I, personally don't care for their coffee, never have, but I used to like their donuts.  Now they aren't fresh anymore, mmheh, not so much.  funny, I do like McD's coffee!  Last I knew it was Newman's Own.  A friend once brought be back a can of Kona (I think that was the name of it) coffee from Hawaii.  That was GOOD coffee!  Ok, enough about the coffee, lol.  Glad your DD is feeling better.  These little ones need to start feeling better and staying that way.  My poor Maddie has another ear infection.  She woke up the other morning, pointed to her ear and said "boo boo".  Awww, poor baby.  It just breaks my heart when they are so young (1 1/2) and you can do so little for them).

Emma, I didn't see anything, I' must have missed it, but did the move go well?

I've got another square or 2 made, just need to figure out who they're going to.

Take care everyone!  I'll try to be back sooner! :D

Good morning all!

DD is still doing good! We dodged that one! I plan on sewing my new purse today.....all pieces are cut out and interfacting ironed on......woot! Something for ME!

Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Good morning all!

DD is still doing good! We dodged that one! I plan on sewing my new purse today.....all pieces are cut out and interfacting ironed on......woot! Something for ME!

kuddles

I wish I was more adept at sewing.  I need to take classes, but I haven't been able to find any around here.  The ones I took don't go in a sequence for beginners.  I purchased the machine, got a free class to learn about where everything is and a very general idea of how to use it.  It didn't help, really. Then the class I paid for was to pick a project and they'll help you.  I need the ones that are like being in school and where you work on different things in each class and at the end know all the basics.  I'd love to see a pic of your finished purse :)

VikingRunnerGirl, I got your fabulous squares!  I'll post a picture later on :hug

Ugh.  I posted a response and then it disappeared!  I used to sew all my clothes and had stopped for a number of years.  About 10 years ago I bought a sewing machine and paid $3,999 (No, not a typo, and it was on sale!).  It is an embroidery sewing machine, and I had gotten it for business.  Well, I put the sewing machine in my trunk when I transferred from my old car to my "new" car, and it apparently leaks in the trunk!  I haven't plugged my machine it yet to see if it works, but when I brought it in, the bottom was all wet and I am hoping it dried out enough now and will still work.  I am almost afraid to try as it will break my heart if it doesn't.  Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing!

I wish I was more adept at sewing.  I need to take classes, but I haven't been able to find any around here.  The ones I took don't go in a sequence for beginners.  I purchased the machine, got a free class to learn about where everything is and a very general idea of how to use it.  It didn't help, really. Then the class I paid for was to pick a project and they'll help you.  I need the ones that are like being in school and where you work on different things in each class and at the end know all the basics.  I'd love to see a pic of your finished purse :)

VikingRunnerGirl, I got your fabulous squares!  I'll post a picture later on :hug

I finished it! Woot! Love it! I'll take a picture and show you!

Ugh.  I posted a response and then it disappeared!  I used to sew all my clothes and had stopped for a number of years.  About 10 years ago I bought a sewing machine and paid $3,999 (No, not a typo, and it was on sale!).  It is an embroidery sewing machine, and I had gotten it for business.  Well, I put the sewing machine in my trunk when I transferred from my old car to my "new" car, and it apparently leaks in the trunk!  I haven't plugged my machine it yet to see if it works, but when I brought it in, the bottom was all wet and I am hoping it dried out enough now and will still work.  I am almost afraid to try as it will break my heart if it doesn't.  Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing!

Oh my! I own two embroidery machines (purchased when I could afford them, never could now) and one of them is also for sewing. If one of mine stopped working, I would weep! I'll keep good thoughts that it will be okay!

kuddles

Here's the new purse! I'm a baby boomer, a lover of the Beatles and peace signs. The front panel has two slanted pockets.

Love it! Well done you! :hug

And I love the reasoning behind the fabric. Strawberry Fields forever!

Here's the new purse! I'm a baby boomer, a lover of the Beatles and peace signs. The front panel has two slanted pockets.

I'm not a baby boomer, but I am a huge Beatles fan too!  Yes, I know it's going to sound geeky, but in high school, we were a group of four friends that were inseparable (orchestra, all of us, too) and we had alter egos.  I was -- ahem -- John Lennon and Mozart.   :lol

What a great purse!  I must learn to use my machine so I can make purses.  I love them!  Thanks so much for posting a pic.

VikingRunnerGirl, thanks again for the squares :hug

Everyone, here they are!

post-44469-0-60738500-1364433332_thumb.jpg

Good morning all!

kuddles

wow, gotta see a pic!! glad little lady is fine!

Used to sew, don't anymore, lol nuff said!

oh my, I would certianly try it out!!

That is utterly fab!! I know you could make this purse I got from my sister for Xmas, it's fab too, she didn't make it, bought it, from a gal that does though, and honestly it's adorable, I know you could do it, Ill do a pic for you email sometime soon.......Your's is quite the perfect thing!! love IT.

I'm not a baby boomer, but I am a huge Beatles fan too!  Yes, I know it's going to sound geeky, but in high school, we were a group of four friends that were inseparable (orchestra, all of us, too) and we had alter egos.  I was -- ahem -- John Lennon and Mozart.   :lol

What a great purse!  I must learn to use my machine so I can make purses.  I love them!  Thanks so much for posting a pic.

Everyone, here they are!

EXCELLENT eye candy, lovely squares!!!!!!!!

Oh, forgot to add this tidbit!! I have an email out to the nominee for April's biggest square!! I know, I was running a bit late announcing this, but hope to hear her acceptance soon!! So Ms. Tiffer, a few more days for you with the crown, and then you must as all others before you, pass it to the new queen when the time comes!!

A little later on, when all your squares arrive I need to know the count you recieved as well, and how many, if any more you might need!!! But that is a few days away yet! Enjoy your remaining rein!!

Brunch tomorrow, and yesterday, oven went out......sigh......so changed up menu to do things that didn't need to be oven-ed, lol Have a new element on order, but won't be here in time for tomorrow, so had dear daughter bake my carrot cake for me, lol Oh well, alls well that ends well, Ill let you know how they like the tape measuers too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more later!!!!!!

Forgot too, trimmed and groomed my doggie  today, took a couple hours, back is aching now, and a hot shower is sounding really good bout now!! She looks gorgeous, and feels soooooo pretty!!!!!!! She's a good girl for tolerating it all!!!!!!   and got special treats after, lol!

Hi everyone!!  Almost time for a new queen!

Hubby was just ordering something off the internet, and he said that the estimated delivery time was March 29th, but if he wanted to pay $15 more, he could get it by April 2nd.  What's up with that?

Does anyone else have snow?  Now that spring's here, we've had snow every day.

Cute purse Kuddles!

Kuddle, that purse is absolutely adorable! You did a great job on it! Happy to hear your little one is doing well too.

I hope everyone is having a great week too! :hug s for all!

Everyone, here they are!

Yes seems there are Beatles fans in every generation! They were/are timeless!

Great squares!

wow, gotta see a pic!! glad little lady is fine!

Used to sew, don't anymore, lol nuff said!

oh my, I would certianly try it out!!

That is utterly fab!! I know you could make this purse I got from my sister for Xmas, it's fab too, she didn't make it, bought it, from a gal that does though, and honestly it's adorable, I know you could do it, Ill do a pic for you email sometime soon.......Your's is quite the perfect thing!! love IT.

EXCELLENT eye candy, lovely squares!!!!!!!!

Thanks! And of course would love to see a pic of her purse!

Hi everyone!!  Almost time for a new queen!

Hubby was just ordering something off the internet, and he said that the estimated delivery time was March 29th, but if he wanted to pay $15 more, he could get it by April 2nd.  What's up with that?

Does anyone else have snow?  Now that spring's here, we've had snow every day.

Cute purse Kuddles!

Thanks for the purse kudos! No snow here, but there is a bunch just a bit south!

Kuddle, that purse is absolutely adorable! You did a great job on it! Happy to hear your little one is doing well too.

I hope everyone is having a great week too! :hug s for all!

Thanks!

Well my fellow squares, I'll be off the puter for two days. DD and I are going to leave this morning to visit my family down state (3 hrs south) and won't be back till tomorrow nite. So I trust you will all behave! I'm sure I'll miss a lot of chatting but I'll try to catch up over the weekend!

Hugs!

kuddles

That is a great purse.

Everyone, here they are!

Very pretty squares.

I'm still working on DD's afghan. I have all the blocks in rows an now I'm putting the rows together and then need a border. When I finish this afghan I am going to try to finish my friendshipghan. Have a great day everyone.

That's yucky, katiebug! Hope the manufacturer comes through.

I meant to post all afternoon and evening yesterday; not sure how I missed it. Made it to the post office in the afternoon and sent out a puffy for our March queen. Three post office trips in a month - I am on fire this month! Hope I can keep it up! :D

They arrived! post-18684-0-27223800-1364491376_thumb.jpg :hugThey're amazing! 

Beautiful purse kuddles!

I will be polishing the crown in highlight of the new coming Queen this weekend! I warn you, it's a tad heavy with all these jewels, but know it will sparkle thru your entire reign! Wear it proudly! (I know I do!) 

Archived