Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

About 10 years ago, my DH and I had a decision to make about a move.  The move would take us back to my hometown, back to where ALL my family is, my home church - everything I grew up knowing.  (DH's family lives in this town, as well.)  We wanted to make sure we were moving back for the right reasons - not because it's what we wanted, but what God wanted for us.  I got some sage advice from my Dad.  He told me that sometimes God isn't as concerned with where we are as much as he is with what we do while we're there. In order to avoid the risk of sounding preachy, I'll stop there.  Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk more.  I will certainly be praying for you as you try to make this decision, snowflake! :hug

I will be messaging you.  Preachy isn't bad to me!!! LOL. 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angel, I have your squares packed up so I can stop by the post office after work this afternoon, and I just noticed that your needed Squares list in your sig has groups of 3" squares AND one 3" square by itself - which is what I have packed up! :D I did one group of 3" squares, and then I was all frustrated AND had shiny bright yarn in my stash and so I did one more just for stress relief. I've gotta say, I'm sorta tempted to do an afghan made of all 3" squares now, because I think all the tiny color splotches are going to look so neat together. I can't wait to see yours when it's finished!

Yay!  It's more work, but I think they look great.  I have decided on a border.  I am so happy it's almost complete.  Thanks!!

There are no other employees as of yet, it will be just the two attorneys and myself as of right now.  My brother works from home for an insurance company and I have a friend who works from home for a doctor.  I will see what the pros and cons are concerning home from them. 

I was wondering about that because you mentioned it was the client, but that clears it up.  They may be a new business entity, but they're not newbies. It sounds like they are starting off on the right foot.  Good luck :)

well, I have a post in to the higher ups, I think I remember sue doing something like posting, first five people to pm me, get a free pattern, I know , cause I won a couple of times, lol It's for us members, and stands to reason that the ones that check in daily, will be pm'g me, and then however many I have, is how ever many winners will be chosen from the pms i get, randomly of course!! so all those that pm me have a shot at whatever Im giving away, lol

The post up there, angel I think had a good idea, to put it on the first post, but I hear seldom do most people check out the first page so I don't know. I think if i get the ok, I will post for a couple days, reminding everyone if they want this whatever Im giving away, they need to pm me.... Ill do that for a couple days  post reminders randomly, see what turns up, then will chose one or two or however many pm's at random to win coresponding how many I have, and they win if they are chosen...emailing is a second option, much more time consuming, and kind of defeating the purpose of "rewarding" if you will, the members that check in often, and sooooo  I dunno , still waiting from the higher ups, to give me the go ahead.... will be letting you know, when I know. as I know now, I will have a couple tape measure thingies left over, and I got them all done, did a couple extra, he he he....

If this doesn't work out like above mentioned, I will just do a giveaway for them, and remind you guys to go to that thread and enter, but it's like a bull horn sometimes and so many show up, it sure narrows the margin for one of our gals to win!! That is the point of a smaller thread confined one, I stressed, please let me know, I begged, Ill be waiting for you reply, I whispered patiently, lol we'll see folks, whatever way it goes, it is what it is!

Keep us posted Katie!

I didn't sleep well last nite so tired this morning. Yawn! Once my coffee kicks in, DD and I have some errands to run then I want to be at home doing some things.........crocheting one of them I hope!

Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Good Morning,

Today is officially the first day of spring break for me :yay  I need to finish up the grandkids Easter clothes and then I think I might do some crocheting, I was at Joann's last night and bought some really fun Deborah Norville yarn to use for squares. My daughter and son-in-law brought me a nice shelf with glass doors that they no longer need and I've been transfering my fabric stash to it, might add some yarn to it too. I've discovered fabrics that I forgot I had :blush , and oh the ideas that have been going through my head. Ok, enough rambling.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning,

Today is officially the first day of spring break for me :yay  I need to finish up the grandkids Easter clothes and then I think I might do some crocheting, I was at Joann's last night and bought some really fun Deborah Norville yarn to use for squares. My daughter and son-in-law brought me a nice shelf with glass doors that they no longer need and I've been transfering my fabric stash to it, might add some yarn to it too. I've discovered fabrics that I forgot I had :blush , and oh the ideas that have been going through my head. Ok, enough rambling.

Have a great day everyone!

I hear ya about finding fabric you forgot you had! And yarn. After I buy more of the same yarn.

Oh well!

kuddles

Be prepared ladies, I have lots of eye candy! :D 

First up, squares from AngelRoseLite ~ post-18684-0-00926000-1364060327_thumb.jpg

Squares from cshort ~ post-18684-0-48574700-1364060356_thumb.jpgpost-18684-0-52586200-1364060357_thumb.jpg

Squares from kuddles ~ post-18684-0-40413400-1364060394_thumb.jpgpost-18684-0-46473000-1364060395_thumb.jpg

And squares from grannyannie ~ post-18684-0-23674600-1364060425_thumb.jpg

Thank you ladies sooooo much! I love them! 

Of course, I am always running late as of late.. so sorry for the delay in posting! 

Did some reading of previous posts (chatty bunch we are!) and want to say Happy Belated Birthday Lacey! 

Congrats Skoggy on getting the internet back! 

Katy, love the idea you've got going on! Squares are such a great way to brighten anyone's day! 

Everyone else, happy thoughts, best wishes & :ghug 

First up, squares from AngelRoseLite ~ attachicon.gif883685_585235008161218_1685782513_o.jpg

Squares from cshort ~ attachicon.gif892484_585234778161241_660593762_o.jpgattachicon.gif901232_585236571494395_83994448_o.jpg

Squares from kuddles ~ attachicon.gif882046_585235328161186_1554143935_o.jpgattachicon.gif893169_585235111494541_682440301_o.jpg

And squares from grannyannie ~ attachicon.gif883345_585235418161177_770269340_o.jpg

Of course, I am always running late as of late.. so sorry for the delay in posting! 

Did some reading of previous posts (chatty bunch we are!) and want to say Happy Belated Birthday Lacey! 

Katy, love the idea you've got going on! Squares are such a great way to brighten anyone's day! 

Love the other squares you got!  Seems like you have built a nice bunch.  We might see a finished afghan soon!  :)

AngelRoseLite

received your beautiful square today,wow,it poked along for 9 days

thank you so much for making my day :hug

And the straggler makes it.  Yay!  You're welcome :hug

Good afternoon ladies! Hope everyones weekend is going well.

Tiffer, beautiful squares!

Lacey, let me know it goes! Or went, seeing as how I'm a couple hours behind today...

Not feeling well again. Between me and my 5 year old, I'm not sure who started this round of upper respritory yuckyness. :(  Went and saw the doc yesterday and he gave us both meds tho. So hopefully it'll clear up soon!

I shall see you ladies after while. I got to go get more Kleenex's again. LOL.   :hug s for all!

Tiffany, glad they arrived! You got a haul, good for you!

My internet keeps going down so if you don't hear from me, you'll know why! I'm about to throw the modem off my balcony!

kuddles

Well it went pretty good. They got to hang out for about 4 hours at the park. Chris had fun. So i guess we will see if he stays true to what he says.

Good for you!  Single parents are heroes.  You're raising a good human being.  He is a reflection of you.  Have a great weekend :)

My sister is a single mom of 2 boys (5 years and nearly 2 years). It's so tough for her at the moment but she is doing a fantastic job bringing up her boys. I salute any single parent... its a hard job but the rewards are endless. :hug

I am back to making squares.  Finally!  I'm pausing for a bit to go to the movies with my BFF.  Then I'll stack up more squares.

Skoggy, I found a place that sells the yarn you're looking for in the U.S.  I'm ordering more than what I'm sending you because the flat rate shipping they're asking for is ridiculous for just a couple of skeins.  It's the least I could do because you inadvertently were a godsend when we were partnered up in the swap.  I have been coveting the Deramores Stylecraft Special DK Lucy Pack, but it's out of stock.  I was ordering the colors individually.  Turns out it's out of stock because they don't have Plum in stock.  My good friend Skoggy sent me that color, though!  I ordered the rest of the colors I needed.  I'm sleeping very peacefully tonight  :c9

:O Wow! Thank you so much! You'll need my new address though so PM me when ready. :) I've been looking everywhere for it but, because its discontinued, I haven't found it. I even joined destashing groups on Ravelry looking for it. You are a great friend! :hug

:O Wow! Thank you so much! You'll need my new address though so PM me when ready. :) I've been looking everywhere for it but, because its discontinued, I haven't found it. I even joined destashing groups on Ravelry looking for it. You are a great friend! :hug

Aww, thanks!  I was looking for yarn myself and then read your post on FB.  Let's hope I don't get an I'm sorry message because they don't have it.  I was soooo sad because I thought I wasn't going to be able to start my Attic24 Granny stripe afghan.  Here I was, hunting down places that sold it and found someone else's post on the 'net that directed me to the Deramores site for those of us in the U.S.  $50 or more in an order gets us free shipping!  I forgot to add my 5% discount code I got when I signed up for the newsletter.  Next time because there will be a next time.  Anywho, when I was ordering each ball separately and saw that only Plum was missing, I ran to my stash to pull out what you sent, and there it was!  After finishing this 'ghan, I'm ordering the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino colors that Lucy used in her Neat Ripple afghan.  It's going to be a while, though, because it's going to be a pretty penny going there.  The things we do for the love of crafting  :D

First up, squares from AngelRoseLite ~ attachicon.gif883685_585235008161218_1685782513_o.jpg

Squares from cshort ~ attachicon.gif892484_585234778161241_660593762_o.jpgattachicon.gif901232_585236571494395_83994448_o.jpg

Squares from kuddles ~ attachicon.gif882046_585235328161186_1554143935_o.jpgattachicon.gif893169_585235111494541_682440301_o.jpg

And squares from grannyannie ~ attachicon.gif883345_585235418161177_770269340_o.jpg

I'm glad the squares made it safe and sound. All the squares look great!

Gorgeous squares, Tiffer! I can't decide which one I like best, but it miiiiiiight be that checkerboard one from cshort; I just love the contrast and the arrangement of tones there!

I didn't sleep well last nite so tired this morning. Yawn! Once my coffee kicks in, DD and I have some errands to run then I want to be at home doing some things.........crocheting one of them I hope!

Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

This is so delayed, because I saw it on my phone this morning but i can't quote from there, and then I wasn't on during the day because of jewelry class/parenting, but I have to share that when I read it this morning, my brain took "DD" and "coffee" and immediately translated DD as Dunkin' Donuts.... :mug

Oh, now I want coffee and donuts, too...! Too bad I'm sick and shouldn't go out. In my fantasy world, DH has a phone so I can text him while he's out with the dog, and the dog is well-behaved around strangers so they could walk down to Dunkin' and he could tie her outside while getting me stuff without having her go ballistic! :lol

Tiffany, so glad they made it safe and sound.  You got a nice lot of squares there!  You're going to have a very pretty blanket when it's done!!!

You ladies are funny talking about DD and Dunkin Donuts! It took me a long time to adjust here to DD meaning dear daughter.  I've grown up with DD = Dunkin Donuts and I'm 56 yrs old, a bit to long in the tooth to change my ways, you know, :lol

Ooooooo so glad someone found it for you! So you are set now?

kuddles

Gorgeous squares, Tiffer! I can't decide which one I like best, but it miiiiiiight be that checkerboard one from cshort; I just love the contrast and the arrangement of tones there!

This is so delayed, because I saw it on my phone this morning but i can't quote from there, and then I wasn't on during the day because of jewelry class/parenting, but I have to share that when I read it this morning, my brain took "DD" and "coffee" and immediately translated DD as Dunkin' Donuts.... :mug

And I would have done it myself! I 'treat' myself to a DD coffee only now and then but when I get it, mmmmmmmmmmm

kuddles

Archived