Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Here are the kids pics from thursday. Will have more tomorrow too :)

Sooooo adorable!!!

To change topics slightly:  Remember that cousin I mentioned that had surgery last week to remove tumors?  They are cancerous, as feared, meaning that the amputation of his right leg did not stop the spread.  It's called chondrosarcoma and is very, very rare, with really no treatment available for it.  It's all in God's hands now; so I ask that if you have a few seconds, please pray for my cousin Daniel.  He turned 44 today.

Everyone have a great weekend :hug

Prayers for your cousin! Hugs to YOU!

Gradually getting settled in the new house. Still got loads to do but getting there. Will be back in hookin' action soon. :cheer

Glad to hear you are getting settled!

Today will be busy in the Kuddle House! Well we won't be IN the house that much! We have many errands to run! I've been trying for a month to find navy shoes to go with a dress I bought to wear to a wedding next Friday nite and did you know shoe stores don't really carry navy that much? What the ?? But going to Joanns today will make me feell much better! And Barnes and Noble, yes much better! And lunch out with Little K = priceless!

Have a good day all! Hugs from kuddles!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all!!

What a gorgeous day, I think we finally are done with cold weather, and that white stuff!! I have a couple puffies to post out on Monday, and a new queen to announce soon, and my tape meausre thingies to find homes for, and and and!! ha ha,

I did get my closet done the other day, that was the mess I was in, at least ONCE a year, lol I take out everything, try it on, put it in keep or donate or throw away piles, wash everything that can be washed, re hang the keeps, bag up the donate, and throw the throw aways, sooooooo I got that done, the other day, which is so nice now, to know, whatever I wanna wear, is freshened up and something that fits and has been cleaned and or washed this spring! I usually have a few surprises, of things that I forgot I had, and have never been worn, so that is my reward, lol. I  move the spring and summer wear to the front and center, and push the warmer or long sleeved things back to the back,ha ha, won't need those I don 't think!!

Are we all ready for the Easter Bunny to bring baskets of goodies, and smell that ham or turkey in the oven!! yummy!

You all have a great Easter, and I hope the bunny is good to you and yours!!!!!!!

Are we all ready for the Easter Bunny to bring baskets of goodies, and smell that ham or turkey in the oven!! yummy!

You all have a great Easter, and I hope the bunny is good to you and yours!!!!!!!

I'm going a different route this Easter since no one is going to be at my house--beef roast, potatoes, and veggies in the crock pot with some Merlot! (of course, leaving some wine left for the cook!)

We've had some fun making some chocolate nests. :)

post-54070-0-30192000-1364655121_thumb.jpgpost-54070-0-76652000-1364655130_thumb.jpg

Felicia loved it!

Mr Skoggy enjoyed it as well. He's never made them before as its not something they'd do in Sweden. I had to be strict with him regarding eating the chocolate eggs though. Although Felicia munched a few. :lol

No crocheting for me this weekend. Just Easter fun! Have a good one all! :hug

Good morning all!!

What a gorgeous day, I think we finally are done with cold weather, and that white stuff!! I have a couple puffies to post out on Monday, and a new queen to announce soon, and my tape meausre thingies to find homes for, and and and!! ha ha,

I did get my closet done the other day, that was the mess I was in, at least ONCE a year, lol I take out everything, try it on, put it in keep or donate or throw away piles, wash everything that can be washed, re hang the keeps, bag up the donate, and throw the throw aways, sooooooo I got that done, the other day, which is so nice now, to know, whatever I wanna wear, is freshened up and something that fits and has been cleaned and or washed this spring! I usually have a few surprises, of things that I forgot I had, and have never been worn, so that is my reward, lol. I  move the spring and summer wear to the front and center, and push the warmer or long sleeved things back to the back,ha ha, won't need those I don 't think!!

It feels so good to purge (closet anyway!) doesn't it!

I'm going a different route this Easter since no one is going to be at my house--beef roast, potatoes, and veggies in the crock pot with some Merlot! (of course, leaving some wine left for the cook!)

Have fun with that!

attachicon.gifeaster2.jpgattachicon.gifeaster1.jpg

Felicia loved it!

Mr Skoggy enjoyed it as well. He's never made them before as its not something they'd do in Sweden. I had to be strict with him regarding eating the chocolate eggs though. Although Felicia munched a few. :lol

Saw the pix posted on facebook, she is such a doll!

Kuddlekubs,

I would have thought navy shoes would be easy to find,guess not nowadays

Wouldn't  you? And brown, not much in the way of brown! I did find and purchase white sandals so I hope it isn't too cold next Friday nite! And white before Memorial Day......I think that is old stuff but if not, I don't care!

Little Kuddles is very excited for the Easter Bunny! She is going to be 9 and still believes.......I hope she does for another year but it might be asking for too much! She asked what time she could get me up.........meaning she will be up at 4 and be searching for the basket. I told her the first number on the clock had to be at least a 5 to get me up. Hope that happens! On Christmas morning, she got me up at 4:20 and I hadn't gotten to bed till around 1 in the am!

Have a great rest of your day!

kuddles

that sounds great too, i actually thought about a pot roast with veggies today, umm good!

Felicia loved it!

Aw, darling pics, i bet she had a blast, and mom, half the fun of helping to make them, is eating some!!!!!!!!!

and kuddles, it felt good this am, to look in the closet and have all those clothes in order, and smelling fresh as a daisy too! lol

Arrrrggghhhh! I had several quotes I was responding to and I don't know where everything went. So, I will try to do this without the quotes.

Katyallen and AngelRoseLite, thank you for doing a give away, you are both so sweet.

AngelRoseLite, I will be praying for your cousin.

ImmaFreek and Skoggy, the little ones look like they are all enjoying the Easter fun.

Lil_mama06, it is great to have you back.

Kuddlekubs, glad you're back from your family visit, I hope you had a good time.

VikingRunnerGirl, sorry to hear your mother-in-law is not feeling well, I hope you all have an enjoyable Easter.

Katyallen, I received 34 squares in February and I've received a total of 54 squares. I'm working on putting the last few together tonight.

I hope I got everything, I'm sorry if I missed anyone 

I spent yesterday shopping for Easter and cleaning. Today I was busy getting food ready for tomorrow and making Bunny Bait and coloring eggs with the grandkids. My family will be here tomorrow after church for lunch and an egg hunt.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

Look out everyone, more eye candy! Thank you to smith for the 9 six-inch squares and thank you pat54 for the 2 six-inchers also! :heart They're perfect ladies! 

post-18684-0-98137100-1364685196_thumb.jpg

post-18684-0-72876100-1364685209_thumb.jpg

post-18684-0-63072800-1364685216_thumb.jpg

The kiddos look like they had fabulous Easter fun! 

Prayers for all & lots of :hug too! I have enjoyed my reign as Square Queen. I'll be sure to get Katie an official count in the next couple of days and maybe I'll finally get that picture taken of all I've received! You gals are the best! :ghug

Hi All!  We had a wonderful day today celebrating Easter with my boys and their families.  The grandkids were so cute, one of the 3 yr olds ran up to great me and wished me a Happy Valentines Day, lol. the other three yr old (cousins) dressed herself and had on a Halloween shirt, polka dot leggings a greyish lacy skirt, Halloween socks and flip flops! :lol They all loved their crochet baskets and after dinner we colored eggs with shaving cream and food coloring.  I had never done that before, so I learned something new too.  They came out really cute.  Speaking of Easter, I wish you all a very happy one!

I received a lovely square from our dear grannieannie. Thank you so much. :hug

attachicon.gifIMG_0695.JPG

I'm so glad you like it.

Hello! I was a part of this group about 2-3 years ago, and a variety of circumstances prevented me from participating for a while, but I'm back and ready to make some squares! I have a stash that desperately needs to be used!

ETA: Here are the 24 squares I have so far! (the square on the top left is dark green, but it didn't show up well in the photo!)

ETA (again): I found a 25th square hiding out with my 12" squares! No photo, yet!

Welcome back!

Wow! Just got back from my two day visit and so many posts!

Thanks for all the purse kudos!

Great new squares posted!

Great about the machine still working!

Welcome to Mandy!

Uh, if I forgot to comment on anything, sorry! We just got back and I'm checking emails and such. Even after our 3 hour drive, DD wants to go OUT for dinner! Really! I'll probably say yes, I'm a sucker!

Later!

kuddles

lol, kids are so funny.  Where do they get their energy?

Here are the kids pics from thursday. Will have more tomorrow too :)

Awww, great pics.

Of course your brunch friends were delighted!  It's nice to get something so thoughtful and handmade from a friend.  How cool that two of our CAL gals will be luck recipients too!  I was going to ask to be part of the drawing, but I'm not going to after all because, one, I just got a tape measure with a cozy in a swap and, two, I am going to add to your giveaway.  It wouldn't be fair to participate, and it's really fun to give.  I hope you didn't forget I offered to add to your giveaway.  I want to add one of the new Amour crochet hooks.  I added a link.  Once the recipients are chosen, I'll need to know what their favorite hook size is.  That way we can be sure that the hooks will get lots of use.

To change topics slightly:  Remember that cousin I mentioned that had surgery last week to remove tumors?  They are cancerous, as feared, meaning that the amputation of his right leg did not stop the spread.  It's called chondrosarcoma and is very, very rare, with really no treatment available for it.  It's all in God's hands now; so I ask that if you have a few seconds, please pray for my cousin Daniel.  He turned 44 today.

Everyone have a great weekend :hug

I will keep you cousin in my prayers...

We've had some fun making some chocolate nests.

Felicia loved it!

Mr Skoggy enjoyed it as well. He's never made them before as its not something they'd do in Sweden. I had to be strict with him regarding eating the chocolate eggs though. Although Felicia munched a few.

No crocheting for me this weekend. Just Easter fun! Have a good one all!

DH loves his candy too! We have way too much left over from putting baskets together, but something tells me it won;t be around long :lol

Look out everyone, more eye candy! Thank you to smith for the 9 six-inch squares and thank you pat54 for the 2 six-inchers also! They're perfect ladies! 

attachicon.gif882608_588413731176679_2058141082_o.jpg

attachicon.gif894511_588414171176635_241905936_o.jpg

attachicon.gif887060_588415014509884_1812764633_o.jpg

Prayers for all & lots of too! I have enjoyed my reign as Square Queen. I'll be sure to get Katie an official count in the next couple of days and maybe I'll finally get that picture taken of all I've received! You gals are the best!

Wow, beautiful!

Thank you for the prayers, everyone.  It's very much appreciated.  I hope you all have been enjoying the weekend.  It was a niece's birthday.  We celebrated it today and had an early Easter egg hunt since all the young kids were together.  It was a great time.  We are a loud family, lots of laughing and fun when we are together.  It was just five of the siblings with their kids (not mine because I have yet to have any, lol).  One sister and her three kiddos didn't make it.  I had gotten my niece one of those hard-to-find 15-inch Dora dolls last year from ebay.  I finally fulfilled my promise to make an outfit.  It's so bad that I started last night, but I was determined to finish.  I finished -- at 5 a.m.  Oops!  Oh, well, she loved it, and it got to go with her all washed and blocked.  I'm posting the pics in the show-and-tell section.

Tomorrow after church my BFF and I are visiting another friend that's leaving to Japan this week with her family.  She's going to get to meet her family there.  I think they're leaving for three weeks.  How fun!  My ear has been bothering me for days now.  Why do we get our aches and pains when we are the busiest?  I can hardly wait for Monday so I can visit my doctor.

How are your weekends?  Many prayers for those of us that are sick or have loved ones that are sick.  Good wishes to mothers-to-be and those in new homes.  Happy Easter to everyone :)

Hey, welcome back kuddles!!

oh that is ok, I think it will be after easter anyways.....

and I found them at Hobby Lobby, walmart had them too, but twice as much, and only a few!

oh the hook idea, is sooooo nice of you!! I will let you know who wins the tapes!!! So sorry about your cuz, good thoughts and courage, sent your way!

AngelRoseLite, ofcourse your cousin is in my thoughts. What a thing for your family to be going through!? Lots of :hugs from us.

Gradually getting settled in the new house. Still got loads to do but getting there. Will be back in hookin' action soon. :cheer

:hug Hugs for Daniel and your family. What a thing to go through so young.

We were going to have my husband's parents and brother down for Easter, but his mom has been sick and so they can't come. :( (She does sound like she feels awful!) It's a bummer. We can still do an egg hunt and everything, but it would be more fun if they were here... they live farther away than my parents do so they haven't been able to see the little guy since Christmas! Not totally sure what we're going to do with the rest of the weekend, now....

AUGH, I wrote this last night and didn't post it!

Sooooo adorable!!!

Prayers for your cousin! Hugs to YOU!

Glad to hear you are getting settled!

Today will be busy in the Kuddle House! Well we won't be IN the house that much! We have many errands to run! I've been trying for a month to find navy shoes to go with a dress I bought to wear to a wedding next Friday nite and did you know shoe stores don't really carry navy that much? What the ?? But going to Joanns today will make me feell much better! And Barnes and Noble, yes much better! And lunch out with Little K = priceless!

Have a good day all! Hugs from kuddles!

Arrrrggghhhh! I had several quotes I was responding to and I don't know where everything went. So, I will try to do this without the quotes.

Katyallen and AngelRoseLite, thank you for doing a give away, you are both so sweet.

AngelRoseLite, I will be praying for your cousin.

ImmaFreek and Skoggy, the little ones look like they are all enjoying the Easter fun.

Lil_mama06, it is great to have you back.

Kuddlekubs, glad you're back from your family visit, I hope you had a good time.

VikingRunnerGirl, sorry to hear your mother-in-law is not feeling well, I hope you all have an enjoyable Easter.

Katyallen, I received 34 squares in February and I've received a total of 54 squares. I'm working on putting the last few together tonight.

I hope I got everything, I'm sorry if I missed anyone 

I spent yesterday shopping for Easter and cleaning. Today I was busy getting food ready for tomorrow and making Bunny Bait and coloring eggs with the grandkids. My family will be here tomorrow after church for lunch and an egg hunt.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

Look out everyone, more eye candy! Thank you to smith for the 9 six-inch squares and thank you pat54 for the 2 six-inchers also! :heart They're perfect ladies! 

attachicon.gif882608_588413731176679_2058141082_o.jpg

attachicon.gif894511_588414171176635_241905936_o.jpg

attachicon.gif887060_588415014509884_1812764633_o.jpg

Prayers for all & lots of :hug too! I have enjoyed my reign as Square Queen. I'll be sure to get Katie an official count in the next couple of days and maybe I'll finally get that picture taken of all I've received! You gals are the best! :ghug

Happy Easter to all my Squares! Little K waited till 5:30 to get me up (which is a record for her) and it took her several minutes to find the basket. She loved what she got! We go to a family party at 1 today......

Have a GREAT day everyone!

kuddles

I finished my friendshipghan!!!! :yay  :cheer  :clap  :woo I'm just a little excited.

You all are the best and have made a beautiful afghan. :ty  :ty  :ty  I can't

even begin to tell you how much a I love my new afghan. :manyheart  :hug  :manyheart  Thank you all

sooooooooo much!

post-4459-0-81751400-1364735336_thumb.jpg

I finished my friendshipghan!!!! :yay  :cheer  :clap  :woo I'm just a little excited.

even begin to tell you how much a I love my new afghan. :manyheart  :hug  :manyheart  Thank you all

sooooooooo much!

attachicon.gifFriendshipghan.jpg

LOVE!

Beautiful 'ghan Carol! I see the 3 squares I sent :D What size did it come out to be? 

It's my last day as Queen ... I will be passing the crown to the new Queen. It is very bittersweet! It's all polished, gleaming even! I know the new Queen will cherish & appreciate it as much as I have and all others before me. You all have made this a very special month for me and I want to say Thank You to everyone! :ghug:manyheart 

Carol - you have such a beautiful afghan! Everyone did such a great job. I am also curious about it's finished size.  :)

Tiffany, you were a joy to crochet for. I can't wait to see how your afghan turns out! I love pink and gray together so I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Beautiful 'ghan Carol! I see the 3 squares I sent :D What size did it come out to be? 

It's my last day as Queen ... I will be passing the crown to the new Queen. It is very bittersweet! It's all polished, gleaming even! I know the new Queen will cherish & appreciate it as much as I have and all others before me. You all have made this a very special month for me and I want to say Thank You to everyone! :ghug:manyheart 

sooooooooo much!

Wonderful!  Those colors look great.

Edit:  I had to tweak my response because according to the website's powers that be, I am trying to post a message with more emoticons than this community allows.  Huh?  I only typed one smiley face.  Some weird stuff happens here sometimes.

I got the same message.  I believe the emoticons in the quote are also counting toward the total for your message.  I just deleted some of the smileys in the quote and it went through just fine.  :)

Wonderful!  Those colors look great.

Edit:  I had to tweak my response because according to the website's powers that be, I am trying to post a message with more emoticons than this community allows.  Huh?  I only typed one smiley face.  Some weird stuff happens here sometimes.

My afghan is actually bigger than what I originally planned because I received so many beautiful squares. The finished size is about 50" x 74", perfect size for a nap or keeping warm while crocheting. Sorry about the problem with too many emoticons.

I am exhausted after all the fun with family here for the afternoon and I plan to relax and crochet now,  if I don't fall asleep.

My afghan is actually bigger than what I originally planned because I received so many beautiful squares. The finished size is about 50" x 74", perfect size for a nap or keeping warm while crocheting. Sorry about the problem with too many emoticons.

I am exhausted after all the fun with family here for the afternoon and I plan to relax and crochet now,  if I don't fall asleep.

Please don't apologize for the smileys!! I would be just as excited if it were me that had just finished an afghan as beautiful as yours with squares that had been sent to me by friends. I'd probably shut down the forum with all the smileys! (I really hope that doesn't keep me from being a future queen at some point down the road. haha)

sooooooooo much!

Well one huge WOWZERS!! Simply eye candy at it's best,  for sure, love your layout!! I have to take a closer look, to see if I see any of mine in there, lol Nice nice job cshort, now that is what we like to see, Finished Ghans from biggest squares, lol  OH i see a couple that might have been mine, but it's been a while, so I can't be sure, but Im in there, somewhere!!

Beautiful 'ghan Carol! I see the 3 squares I sent What size did it come out to be? 

It's my last day as Queen ... I will be passing the crown to the new Queen. It is very bittersweet! It's all polished, gleaming even! I know the new Queen will cherish & appreciate it as much as I have and all others before me. You all have made this a very special month for me and I want to say Thank You to everyone!

aw, such a gracious queen! It was fun working in your colors, I really enjoyed it! Thank for letting us all help in having a small piece of your ghan!!

Please don't apologize for the smileys!! I would be just as excited if it were me that had just finished an afghan as beautiful as yours with squares that had been sent to me by friends. I'd probably shut down the forum with all the smileys! (I really hope that doesn't keep me from being a future queen at some point down the road. haha)

Wow, it did it to me too, and i only posted one smilie,,,,,,,,it's them, not us ladies!

Archived