Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all the new mom's and their beautiful baby girls!  Welcome Kristy!  I am getting behind on my squares.  My sisters have been keeping me busy with projects for them.  Had a yucky day yesterday.  Was going to make a run into town but the SUV wouldn't start.  Then I could not get online so no Crochetville for me.  I finally figured out that the phone company had actually crossed our phone line with someone else.  Yep dial my phone number and get someone else.  Well today my phone line was restored, got a new battery in the SUV (and it starts) AND  I had a pm in my box that I was one of the spring drawing winners.  :yay  :yay  :yay  :day  :day  :day  :ty  :ty  :ty

Hi, ladies!  So the hooks for the two winners have been ordered and will be shipped directly to them.  Bgs, that means you ;)  The other winner will hopefully soon reveal herself.  One JoAnn's close to my house had a good stock of the Amour hooks, but the only size they didn't have was the H hook, which is the size requested by the winners.  Good thing Amazon came to the rescue.

I'm working on granny squares.  While doing that, I made 16 in blues for a project bag I'm making for a crafting club buddy.  It's my turn to gift the next birthday girl.  I hope she likes it.  I have two weeks to finish it.  Love those long deadlines.

How is everyone?  New mommies getting any rest?  Everyone feeling better?

TGIF!

Maria

Hi, ladies!  So the hooks for the two winners have been ordered and will be shipped directly to them.  Bgs, that means you ;)  The other winner will hopefully soon reveal herself.  One JoAnn's close to my house had a good stock of the Amour hooks, but the only size they didn't have was the H hook, which is the size requested by the winners.  Good thing Amazon came to the rescue.

I'm the other winner!!!! WHOO HOO!!!! (Sorry for not responding sooner!) I'm very excited! I also won a $50 gift card in a drawing at work this week, so I'm pretty well set! :)

Congrats to all the new mom's and their beautiful baby girls!  Welcome Kristy!  I am getting behind on my squares.  My sisters have been keeping me busy with projects for them.  Had a yucky day yesterday.  Was going to make a run into town but the SUV wouldn't start.  Then I could not get online so no Crochetville for me.  I finally figured out that the phone company had actually crossed our phone line with someone else.  Yep dial my phone number and get someone else.  Well today my phone line was restored, got a new battery in the SUV (and it starts) AND  I had a pm in my box that I was one of the spring drawing winners.  :yay  :yay  :yay  :day  :day  :day  :ty  :ty  :ty

Congrats! Woot!

I'm the other winner!!!! WHOO HOO!!!! (Sorry for not responding sooner!) I'm very excited! I also won a $50 gift card in a drawing at work this week, so I'm pretty well set! :)

Good for you! I love hearing good news!

And good morning! Little K and I went to a wedding last nite, her first ever! Church at 4 and we didn't end up back home till midnite! She had a GREAT time, dancing with all her cousins, eating bunch of junk, just a fun nite for all! I of course couldn't sleep much so I'm up here catching up with y'all and she thankfully is still sleeping!

I'll be tired today but it is saturday so woot!

Hugs to all! Have a great day!

kuddles

Congrats to the winners! :cheer :cheer :yay

Today this hooker has been doing some spring cleaning. Phew... tired now. But, being on this new diet, I have a lot more energy than I did have so it must be doing something. :D Girlies are down having their nap so I'm relaxing with my laptop and a bucket of tea. (I have even cut out having sugar in my tea on this diet!). It really does feel like the first day of Spring here. I've been able to put washing on the clothes line, play a little bit of soccer in the garden with Felicia and have been gazing out my kitchen window looking at the birds whilst doing the dishes. Ahh... I love my new home. :manyheart

I hope you are all doing okay. :hug

Good morning, lovelies! I have a puffy ready to go to our Queen, and I'm heading to the post office after my hair appointment! (Gotta get pretty first!)

Today this hooker has been doing some spring cleaning. Phew... tired now. But, being on this new diet, I have a lot more energy than I did have so it must be doing something. :D Girlies are down having their nap so I'm relaxing with my laptop and a bucket of tea. (I have even cut out having sugar in my tea on this diet!). It really does feel like the first day of Spring here. I've been able to put washing on the clothes line, play a little bit of soccer in the garden with Felicia and have been gazing out my kitchen window looking at the birds whilst doing the dishes. Ahh... I love my new home. :manyheart

SOOO happy the new digs is working out! You deserve it my friend!

kuddles

Beautiful day here also. We went to the church and did some yard work. Been doing laundry and hanging it out on the line also. Soon will be time to make some supper. I have been dieting too. I am taking a green coffee bean diet suplament. It works great for giving me energy without makeing me jittery.So with that energy I have been working on the prom dress that I am hemming.

What a gorgeous day it is today in sunny SoCal.  It is so quiet and so perfect that I have all this spring energy and happy thoughts and need to make something great!  The day's two thirds over; so I'll be safely out of that weirdness :D

I'm laying the squares out today, and it occurred to me that I haven't chosen a method to join them.  I want to join them in such a way that the afghan grows, but I also want something that's eye-catching.  Any ideas?  I've only used the mattress stitch or sc'd squares together.  It's time to change it up and learn a new technique.

Happy weekend!

Good Morning everyone. I am back after a long 3 days out of town with my boys robotics team. Unfortunately the team did not make the cut for the state championships, but the kids had fun and did win a finalist silver medal in a previous competition. And they have 1 more off season competition they can do in June. I had printed out the list of squares and set my yard aside and promptly forgot to pack it. so I am going to start them today after I get a little sleep. Katie I received the squares from you as I was walking out the door thursday I will post a picture as soon as I can get one. thank you for the squares.

What a gorgeous day it is today in sunny SoCal.  It is so quiet and so perfect that I have all this spring energy and happy thoughts and need to make something great!  The day's two thirds over; so I'll be safely out of that weirdness :D

I'm laying the squares out today, and it occurred to me that I haven't chosen a method to join them.  I want to join them in such a way that the afghan grows, but I also want something that's eye-catching.  Any ideas?  I've only used the mattress stitch or sc'd squares together.  It's time to change it up and learn a new technique.

Happy weekend!

I used mattress stitch. :) Makes a nice invisable join.

Good morning all!

Tonya - congrats to your boys!

Little K let me sleep in till 7! Unheard of to be in bed that late! Woot!

Today we will walk at the mall, she will do homework, lunch, fun, another walk, more fun, dinner then bed.

Gonna be a great day! Hope you all have one as well!

Oh and I got 4 squares done for our Queen! Then I realized three are the same color theme so the one is an oddball (like me) so gonna make another one to go with those three then I'll be ready to send! Woot!

Hugs,

kuddles

welcome back Tonya, and glad you all had some fun! Certainly welcome for the squares, glad you received them, I was beginning to sweat it, that they didn't get to you.lol been a week at least! Mail seems slow in and out of Nebraska, I guess they think we don't need any or something! Well. somehow I missed the first sat of the month, when the truck comes for donations to the shelter, darn it, oh well, there is always next month, time to build on my donations anyways! Lost my voice for a couple days, better now, seems to be called an upper respiratory virus, all I can do is wait it out, and ease the sympoms a bit with over the counter meds..

Gonna be in the 70s, and lower 60s this coming week, I believe, spring is here to stay! So many little baby rabbits running around, they know not to come in the yard, even though they can whip right through the  fence without ever bothering, but they also know, the doggie is sometimes out, so they stay in the front and every year, eat my impatients that I have planted, and nibble on the lawn too. a well such is life, huh!

Ok, all for now, catch ya a little bit later, shampooed my craft run carpet earlie today, and time to put things back in order, and then gonna put my feel up, and go and crochet a bit to relax!! see ya all after while, hope you had a nice weekend! :ghug

Good morning all!

Today we will walk at the mall, she will do homework, lunch, fun, another walk, more fun, dinner then bed.

Oh and I got 4 squares done for our Queen! Then I realized three are the same color theme so the one is an oddball (like me) so gonna make another one to go with those three then I'll be ready to send! Woot!

Hugs,

kuddles

wears me out just reading about all you activities! lol

wears me out just reading about all you activities! lol

hee hee

We did the second 1.5 mile walk and played a little ball. I took my shower (early) on to her shower then we relax the rest of the day! IF she will let me!

I feel like I'm getting another cold. I hope it is allergies, since everything is blooming here.....hope I'm not getting sick again!

Later!

kuddles

I put two squares in the mail to Tonya yesterday! Been working on an infinity scarf for a friend of mine, and so far it's coming out wonderfully!

We're having some stellar weather this weekend--considering it snowed nearly 10 inches the weekend before Easter--it's 70-75* this weekend and gorgeous!

Hi friends!  It seems like ages since I've been here, but I really think it's only been a couple days, right?  I think spring has finally arrived here!  Although it was rather chilly Fri (in the 40's I believe) my crocus were finally in bloom and most of the snow has melted! Hurray!  It is supposed to get into the 60's too.  I can't confirm that since I've been pretty much confined to the bed/couch for the past few days. 

And good morning! Little K and I went to a wedding last nite, her first ever! Church at 4 and we didn't end up back home till midnite! She had a GREAT time, dancing with all her cousins, eating bunch of junk, just a fun nite for all! I of course couldn't sleep much so I'm up here catching up with y'all and she thankfully is still sleeping!

I'll be tired today but it is saturday so woot!

Hugs to all! Have a great day!

kuddles

Sounds wonderful! Little K is growing up so fast!

Wow, I get tired just reading about your day! :lol   I.m so glad that you are finding more energy with this diet.

Beautiful day here also. We went to the church and did some yard work. Been doing laundry and hanging it out on the line also. Soon will be time to make some supper. I have been dieting too. I am taking a green coffee bean diet suplament. It works great for giving me energy without makeing me jittery.So with that energy I have been working on the prom dress that I am hemming.

Good for you too!  I've heard of the green coffee bean being good but didn't know anyone that had tried it.  It's good to know it doesn't make you jittery.  My DH was thinking about it.

Good Morning everyone. I am back after a long 3 days out of town with my boys robotics team. Unfortunately the team did not make the cut for the state championships, but the kids had fun and did win a finalist silver medal in a previous competition. And they have 1 more off season competition they can do in June. I had printed out the list of squares and set my yard aside and promptly forgot to pack it. so I am going to start them today after I get a little sleep. Katie I received the squares from you as I was walking out the door thursday I will post a picture as soon as I can get one. thank you for the squares.

Congrats to the boys on their silver medal. 

Good morning all!

Hugs,

kuddles

Wow, another busy person!  Hope your day went well.  I'm exhausted! :lol

welcome back Tonya, and glad you all had some fun! Certainly welcome for the squares, glad you received them, I was beginning to sweat it, that they didn't get to you.lol been a week at least! Mail seems slow in and out of Nebraska, I guess they think we don't need any or something! Well. somehow I missed the first sat of the month, when the truck comes for donations to the shelter, darn it, oh well, there is always next month, time to build on my donations anyways! Lost my voice for a couple days, better now, seems to be called an upper respiratory virus, all I can do is wait it out, and ease the sympoms a bit with over the counter meds..

Gonna be in the 70s, and lower 60s this coming week, I believe, spring is here to stay! So many little baby rabbits running around, they know not to come in the yard, even though they can whip right through the  fence without ever bothering, but they also know, the doggie is sometimes out, so they stay in the front and every year, eat my impatients that I have planted, and nibble on the lawn too. a well such is life, huh!

Ok, all for now, catch ya a little bit later, shampooed my craft run carpet earlie today, and time to put things back in order, and then gonna put my feel up, and go and crochet a bit to relax!! see ya all after while, hope you had a nice weekend! :ghughee

I hope you're feeling better soon!

We did the second 1.5 mile walk and played a little ball. I took my shower (early) on to her shower then we relax the rest of the day! IF she will let me!

I feel like I'm getting another cold. I hope it is allergies, since everything is blooming here.....hope I'm not getting sick again!

Later!

kuddles

No Getting sick there chickee poo! :hug

I put two squares in the mail to Tonya yesterday! Been working on an infinity scarf for a friend of mine, and so far it's coming out wonderfully!

We're having some stellar weather this weekend--considering it snowed nearly 10 inches the weekend before Easter--it's 70-75* this weekend and gorgeous!

Wow, nice temps!

glad everyone is enjoying the spring weather.  Here, it is beautiful, almost 80 all week.  Thank the Lord it has been sunny!!!

Got some crochet done, finally!

hope everyone has a great week.  I think this is gonna be my last week at my job before I start the new one from home.  I am excited!!!

Good morning!

Thanks Ann, but I think it IS a cold! Didn't sleep at all last nite, sore throat, etc. Oh well.......not the end of the world!

I did do our Queen's fourth square last nite so will get that in the mail this week. But I need her address so Queen or Katie, can you PM that to me please?

Off to get Little K and me ready for our day!

Hugs,

kuddles

Archived