Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I finished my friendshipghan!!!! :yay  :cheer  :clap  :woo I'm just a little excited.

You all are the best and have made a beautiful afghan. :ty  :ty  :ty  I can't

even begin to tell you how much a I love my new afghan. :manyheart  :hug  :manyheart  Thank you all

sooooooooo much!

attachicon.gifFriendshipghan.jpg

Beautiful 'ghan!!! 

Just out of curiosity, how many people are edging their squares in one color before stitching them together? I'm on the fence, now that I've seen some non-edged afghans that look amazing, and also since it took me FOREVER to edge the fifteen 12" squares for a comfortghan I'm putting together!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! What a beautiful 'ghan!!! Super pretty! :yay

Angel, you and yours are in my thoughts, sending warm wishes and thoughts to you!

Sorry I've been away for a few days :(  Been busy crocheting, getting ready for my c-section Wednesday, and making dinner for today. It was delicious! :D  Over the last three days I've made banana pudding, develed eggs, pasta salad, and the ham. Totally awesome! There isn't much of anything left now.  :lol   I hope everyone had a GREAT Easter and has a great week ahead of them! :flower 

:hug s for everyone!

And welcome back to our missing Squares! :yes 

Hi chatties! Easter party was great, we were tuckered out! Little K slept in!

Back to reality for the two of us after having a full week off......work and school awaits. Sigh....

But she will see her three cousins tonite when they come over to have me cinch in the dresses they are wearing to the wedding Friday nite.....Little K is very excited about going to a wedding!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good morning all!  I pray everyone had a blessed "Easter" (it's Resurrection Sunday for me!).  Lots of cute pictures.  All the children look beautiful.  Emma, I love the pictures, reminds me of when I was a kid and got to lick the spoon/beaters after my mom got done baking!!!  Cshort, beautiful ghan!!!  Love all the bright colors!

Katy, I purged out my closet about a week ago.  I've been here 1 1/2 years, and if it was stuff I brought with me and hadn't worn, it went to Goodwill.  I should have kept everything for the yardsale at the church on the 13th, but I had three bags of stuff!!!  And to think I didn't even bring all my clothes with me and haven't really bought anything since I have been here!  At least, clothing wise.  I have bought lots of yarn, and have two garbage bags FULL back in Indiana that I wish I could get down here.  Most of it, though, is wool, and I can't stand wool!!!  But hey, it was gifted to me so I can't complain!

I must not be a "dedicated" crocheter, because while I sit there and look at my WIPS, and keep telling myself I need to finish, I don't pick it up!  Someone  needs to send the "crochet bug" to me so I can catch it and get back into it!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!  Be blessed!

Well, hi everyone!!!

today is the day!

Maybe this is what you need snowflake, to get back into your groove...

We have a new Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is wishing to recieve some 6 inch ww. squares, in any color!! How easy is that!!!!!! I hope she has a happy and prosperous reign, and receives enough to FINSIH that GHAN, lol

Ohhhh, yeah, her name is.........Insert drum role here!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart      :heart       :heart      :heart     

Tonyal !!!!!!  Congrats to you Tonya!!!   here's a little something from our exiting Queen, (all past queens still hold title to the name Queen!) Ms. Tiffany!!!!!!! all shined up and ready for you Tonya!! Do let us know how it fits!!!!!!!!  and again, may you be showered with many squares, during your April Reign (Rain, lol) april showers and all that, you know! :rose 

post-40621-0-89551700-1364822654_thumb.jpg

I finished my friendshipghan!!!!  I'm just a little excited.

You all are the best and have made a beautiful afghan.  I can't even begin to tell you how much a I love my new afghan. Thank you all sooooooooo much!

I see my square! I see my square! :D Looks great, Carol! It's so exciting to see a finished 'ghan! By the way, I cannot BELIEVE this forum has a limit on smileys per post! Tons of smileys is practically what defines Cville for me!

Beautiful 'ghan!!! 

Just out of curiosity, how many people are edging their squares in one color before stitching them together? I'm on the fence, now that I've seen some non-edged afghans that look amazing, and also since it took me FOREVER to edge the fifteen 12" squares for a comfortghan I'm putting together!

I'm not anywhere near assembling yet, but I've been leaning toward not edging all of them. I like the variety of all different colors together! Though I may do some edging here and there as needed to bring all the squares together, since I've asked for any size (like I said, variety...!)

I must not be a "dedicated" crocheter, because while I sit there and look at my WIPS, and keep telling myself I need to finish, I don't pick it up!  Someone  needs to send the "crochet bug" to me so I can catch it and get back into it!

I totally know how you feel! I've been doing better lately, but most of my crochet projects have been around for *at least* a year, usually more. It's only within about the last two months that I've really felt the bug again - and most of what I've been doing is new stuff! I should really start that 2013 WIP-buster thread I've been thinking about; maybe that'll give me the boost I need. :lol

Well, hi everyone!!!

today is the day!

Maybe this is what you need snowflake, to get back into your groove...

We have a new Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is wishing to recieve some 6 inch ww. squares, in any color!! How easy is that!!!!!! I hope she has a happy and prosperous reign, and receives enough to FINSIH that GHAN, lol

Ohhhh, yeah, her name is.........Insert drum role here!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart      :heart       :heart      :heart     

Tonyal !!!!!!  Congrats to you Tonya!!!   here's a little something from our exiting Queen, (all past queens still hold title to the name Queen!) Ms. Tiffany!!!!!!! all shined up and ready for you Tonya!! Do let us know how it fits!!!!!!!!  and again, may you be showered with many squares, during your April Reign (Rain, lol) april showers and all that, you know! :rose 

attachicon.gifsmall_crown2.jpg

Oooh... Katie wants 6 inch squares in rainbow colors... Tonya wants 6" squares in any colors... Think I know what I'm going to be working on now that I'm finished with my comfortghan square! :D

Congrats Tonya!

I pledge SIX 6" squares for you! I'll get started right after I finish up my orders for this week... (which are very numerous, but I'll get them done nevertheless!) 

Grrr, what happened to my post?  Well, since I can't remember what I posted (short term memory loss and all that, lol) I do remember saying congrats to Tonya!  I will promise 2 squares and if I can get more out to you I will.  Have a fantastic day everyone!

I see my square! I see my square! :D Looks great, Carol! It's so exciting to see a finished 'ghan! By the way, I cannot BELIEVE this forum has a limit on smileys per post! Tons of smileys is practically what defines Cville for me!

I'm not anywhere near assembling yet, but I've been leaning toward not edging all of them. I like the variety of all different colors together! Though I may do some edging here and there as needed to bring all the squares together, since I've asked for any size (like I said, variety...!)

I totally know how you feel! I've been doing better lately, but most of my crochet projects have been around for *at least* a year, usually more. It's only within about the last two months that I've really felt the bug again - and most of what I've been doing is new stuff! I should really start that 2013 WIP-buster thread I've been thinking about; maybe that'll give me the boost I need. :lol

Oooh... Katie wants 6 inch squares in rainbow colors... Tonya wants 6" squares in any colors... Think I know what I'm going to be working on now that I'm finished with my comfortghan square! :D

oooh, rainbow square eh, he he he, by the by, if I listed wrong, it's supposed to be 8 inch for me. Ill check that shortly!! But thank you for thinking about me in advance!!!

Congrats Tonya!

I pledge SIX 6" squares for you! I'll get started right after I finish up my orders for this week... (which are very numerous, but I'll get them done nevertheless!) 

and let the pledges roll, I forgot to say what I normally say when I announce the new queen, The pledging is now open, I pledge four!!!!  (Is it ok, they just got posted out 20 minutes ago, and are on their way already!!

Congratulations, Tonya!  I already have one square ready to send your way.  I'll pledge 3 more. May you receive many wonderful and beautiful squares!

Yay!! Let the pledges Roll!!!

Congratulations, Tonya!  I don't have a number, but I'll pledge at least one square :)

woo hoo, keep um coming!!

Grrr, what happened to my post?  Well, since I can't remember what I posted (short term memory loss and all that, lol) I do remember saying congrats to Tonya!  I will promise 2 squares and if I can get more out to you I will.  Have a fantastic day everyone!

Oh hey, do that all the time, the first post the one i lose is always better than the next if I have to try to retpye what I had, cause I don't remember it all either!! Thank you for your pledge!!! We have a terrific start ladies!!!

Congratulations, Tonya! I'll pledge a square!

Yay more squares! Thank you all for your pledges!!! AND mandy, have put together many a ghan, and have done them all sorts of ways, there is no wrong way, I love the look of NOT putting a border around them, as well as a sc border, a dc border, or any combination there of, lol They all look wonderful, and you can chose and debate how you want YOURS to look!!!! It will be gorgeous any way you do it!!

Im happy with the pledges that are coming in, and I know Tonya will be over the top!!! Keep it coming, lets' FInish this Ghan!!!!! we have a month, and as it goes along, Im sure tonya will get a better idea of the ones she needs, and maybe we will be able to pull this off!!                    Cshort's is such an inpiration to all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grats Tonya! I hope you recieve many beautiful squares this month! :yes

Just to let everyone know, I'm having Baby Bug today! Probably in about an hour or so! :manyheart  I'll post pics when i have them!

I hope everyone is having a great week! :hug s for all!!!

Just to let everyone know, I'm having Baby Bug today! Probably in about an hour or so! :manyheart  I'll post pics when i have them!

How exciting!!  Sending prayers and happy thoughts for you and Baby Bug! :)

OMG!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!

Ah, 8", check! It was all the excitement of the new posting blurring everything together. :D

heh heh, i know that feeling!! The blurring part!

COngratz to you and yours, also to Jessicali, and her new baby girl!!!!!!!

Archived