Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick flyby.... I didn't think I'd been gone that long, but did I see somewhere that we have 2 new babies?!!!  If so, CONGRATS!!!!  Someone please fill me in with the details.  I just don't have it in me to go back thru all the pages.  I tried looking thru a couple and couldn't find it.  I'm hoping this TPN kicks in soon and I start feeling better with some nutrition in me.  It would be really good if I could focus long enough to carry on a decent conversation, lol!  Take care all!  I'll be making squares soon for you Tonya and hopefully a few others!

hello fellow squares!!

Snowflake, are you a minister??

Lovely name for the new little lady. I wonder what Jessicali named her new baby girl......

Im recovering, but it's slow going with this dang cold or whatever it is.....Tired of being sick and tired, lol

Such nice days on the way, staying above freezing day AND night now, which seems to be bringing the frost out of the ground! Gonna see buds coming up pretty soon, Im betting!

We haven't heard from out new queen yet, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, lol Ill pm her today,some people can't get on, something like work, or school or life gets in their way!! Hate it when that happens!!

Ok, checking out my diet 7 up supply, got it, soups, got um, kleenex, that's a go, soda crackers, yep, warm blankee, check, and tv remote, Im good to go......Seeyou all in a matter of hours!!!!!!!!!!! :manyheart (plpp plopp fizz fizz)

Hope to hear you are feeling better soon!!!

kuddles

Hello everyone,

First I want to say I am sorry it took so long for me to claim my beautiful crown, I have been working a bunch and doing it on midnights sometimes gets my days mixed up. I am super excited to be the Queen this month, and and overwhelmed by the amount of squares already pledged. I can not wait to start putting them all together.

to catch up on a few posts,

congrats on the new bug :) and skoglett

my prayers are going out to those that asked. (sorry my quote didnt work )

I am heading out of town tomorrow evening for a robotics competition for my boys but will be checking in from my phone, so please excuse any typos. I am packing yarn for squares to make while sitting in the stands

again thanks for the honor.

Woo hoo! I'm glad to have the opportunity to send you more squares! One is done, the other is about done. Sooooo I do believe I'll hold out and make you a few more before mailing!

kuddles

Just a quick flyby.... I didn't think I'd been gone that long, but did I see somewhere that we have 2 new babies?!!!  If so, CONGRATS!!!!  Someone please fill me in with the details.  I just don't have it in me to go back thru all the pages.  I tried looking thru a couple and couldn't find it.  I'm hoping this TPN kicks in soon and I start feeling better with some nutrition in me.  It would be really good if I could focus long enough to carry on a decent conversation, lol!  Take care all!  I'll be making squares soon for you Tonya and hopefully a few others!

Hugs honey! Hope you feel better soon!

kuddles

Haven't had much time lately and still don't - beautiful name, Jasmine!

Had to get on quick and say I received a cute little square from crsheridan (phone tried to correct to "crusher idea" but then I added the 'n' and it gave up). That nice soft grey was just what I needed to look at after the day I'd been having! How did you know? :lol

wow, such nice chats going on lately, three new babies, Isabel, Jasmine, and  Rosalie! just think, they were all born so close to each other, and their moms sort of are related somehow, least through the ville they are, lol and this thread!! That's exciting, I wonder somewhere down the road, if ever when they grow up, will meet each other??? Fate is twisty sometimes!!!

katy ~ I think Jessica said somewhere that her new baby girl's name is Rosalie Claire. I think it's such a pretty name. I love that some of the older names are becoming more popular again...

I have been working on squares for some ravelry CAL's that I participate in. I just about have March's squares finished. These squares are for an afghan for me.  They're all made of scrap yarn so they don't really have a color theme. Hopefully that will give them character. LOL

I plan to get down to business early next week on squares for our new queen. I already had one finished and ready to put in the mail when I found out she is our queen this month so I'll be saving that one now until I have the others I plan to do for her finished. Sometimes lacking punctuality pays off...  :/

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I have felt under the weather this week and had a funeral to go to yesterday so the week has been something of a roller coaster for me - but such is life, I guess!

I better go. My congested head is telling me that I need to go to bed. G'nite, all!

you and me both with that congestion huh....wow, get to feeling better soon!!

Hello everyone,

First I want to say I am sorry it took so long for me to claim my beautiful crown, I have been working a bunch and doing it on midnights sometimes gets my days mixed up. I am super excited to be the Queen this month, and and overwhelmed by the amount of squares already pledged. I can not wait to start putting them all together.

to catch up on a few posts,

congrats on the new bug :) and skoglett

my prayers are going out to those that asked. (sorry my quote didnt work )

I am heading out of town tomorrow evening for a robotics competition for my boys but will be checking in from my phone, so please excuse any typos. I am packing yarn for squares to make while sitting in the stands

again thanks for the honor.

oh good, we have confirmation of that new Queen of Yarn Hill!!! Let the squaring begin!!! HOpe you have an umbrella tonya, as i suspect many squares may be falling down on you!!

Katy - yes I am of sorts. I teach the Word on one day a month usually. My pastors call me "Joyce Meyer" lol. When I get up there, I more "talk" to people.

Ohhh, i though do to some of the post you have made, we will all try to be good, I promise! lol ha Joyce Meyer, too funny!

Oh you poor baby, sure hope you get to feeling better soon!! Take care of yourself first before you jump into squares, we can wait, honest!!

Woo hoo! I'm glad to have the opportunity to send you more squares! One is done, the other is about done. Sooooo I do believe I'll hold out and make you a few more before mailing!

kuddles

yay, kuddles always comes through!!!!!!

Had to get on quick and say I received a cute little square from crsheridan (phone tried to correct to "crusher idea" but then I added the 'n' and it gave up). That nice soft grey was just what I needed to look at after the day I'd been having! How did you know? :lol

ha ha, something to be said about auto correction i guess, its the day and age!!

In other doings, we have a new member, dragonlady5, And I have added her to the first post. Her preferences are ww, 6 or 12 inch, ANY COLOR, how easy!!!! I plan on working on them today, I think I will hold off on taking the alka seltzer till later, they make me just wanna sleep, and I have squares to make!! he he he. SOOOOO big welcome for Kristy, aka dragonlady5, welcome aboard the Square Train!!! chuga chuga chuga Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!! :ghug

Welcome Kristy!!!

LOL Katy!  I am just a hooker at heart, though!!! LOLOL.  Believe me, I am not offended by any conversation, and if I was, I know enough to stop reading something that bothers me and go to the next one!!!  I do, though, pray while I am crocheting so when I start sending things out to people, there are prayers going their way!!!!

Thanks for the welcome. Gonna start on a square now.  Snowflake I do alot of Talking to God while I crochet too. it is our quality time lol. 

Yup, no distractions!  Just me, my yarn and God!  I am also at peace when I am crocheting!  Unless, of course, I don't like the way it is looking and then I get frustrated and FROG it!!! LOLOL

I'm so glad to hear that you received the square and that it came at a time when it could give you a little bit of a pick-me-up. Enjoy!

Welcome to our square neck of the woods, Kristy!! I have found that this is a great place to get to know some great ladies. (As far as I know, there aren't any gents that are participating in this thread - but I could be wrong about that.)

In other news - I have had a really great day today. I'm enjoying Spring Break with my kiddos in spite of my ears being stopped up and my head congested. It's going to be SOOO quiet when they go back to school on Monday.

Well, I got the two winners of the tape measure things all packed up tonight, so hoping to mail them off to them tomorrow, but not saying who won, Ill let them do that!! I do hope they like them, and they reach their destinations safe, and un crushed, lol But i used padding, of one sort or another, so no worries!  That was short and sweet, and hopefully will have another short surprise little giftee soon, maybe once a month Ill do that, or something, I dunno yet,... ANyway, I hope the winners will be happy with their RAOK gifts, and look for them soon!!

Hi all, just a note to you all before bedtime, Im tired tonight, been taking alka seltzer for this cold my dear darling daughter passed onto me the other day, and it works on the coughing and congestion, and makes me a bit tired too, so it's all good, lol.....Hope you all had a nice evening, I just finsihed changing my bed, me needs clean sheets, always makes me feel better when I have a cold!! and of course, dancing with the stars was eliminating one tonight so off and on glanced at that, won't give it away for those that may have recorded it for watching later, but the one that left, didn't strike me as though he or she had his or her heart in it , sooo, he or she is now gone....

question for you all, :think  on your settings for new content, what do you chose it to show you, i have mine set on new content since my last visit, those other settings screw me up, lol Just asking, and then I usually go to first unread post, how bout you all....Just curious, I think Im part cat after all, lol You know what they say, curiosity killed the poor cat, but I hear tell, satisfaction, brought her back!!!!!!!! :cat meow!

Night all, turning in to watch some boring night tv, till i fall gently into slumber, and until i am awakened once more, but that tickle in my throat!! check ya all out as my dd used to say when she was two,   At Morro* for tomorrow,*  so see you at morro!!

:manyheart

Katie, I just tried to find where to adjust my settings for new content and I can't! I'd really like to be able to go to first unread post, but I can't figure out how. Where do you go to do that?

Welcome Kristy!

Thursdays are always my busiest days, which equal no crochet time. Hopefully I can get a few puffies into the mail on Saturday!

Well, I got the two winners of the tape measure things all packed up tonight, so hoping to mail them off to them tomorrow, but not saying who won, Ill let them do that!! I do hope they like them, and they reach their destinations safe, and un crushed, lol But i used padding, of one sort or another, so no worries!  That was short and sweet, and hopefully will have another short surprise little giftee soon, maybe once a month Ill do that, or something, I dunno yet,... ANyway, I hope the winners will be happy with their RAOK gifts, and look for them soon!!

Woot! exciting!

I am sure that whatever is sent to anyone, they will enjoy it!!!!

Archived