Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi all! Sorry for being MIA for a few days, but we all know why! ;)  Little Jasmine is doing really good. I may have to supplement some formula after each nursing though. She has lost some weight, I have to take her back to the doctor tomorrow for another weigh in. We will decide then if I'm going to or not. It really depends on if she's lost any more weight or not.

On another note, Bobby (my DS) is really excited about being a big brother! :)  He's always wanting to snuggle Jasmine and whatnot. He's always trying to be helpful as well.

I haven't picked my hook up in several days, but I'm going to try to soon. Been hurting from the c-section a lot here the last few days. It was real bad this morning...but thankfully the pain meds they gave me (which are safe for nursing) really help. But, I'm going to get off here for now, I will talk to you ladies soon! :hug s for all!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! Sorry for being MIA for a few days, but we all know why! ;)  Little Jasmine is doing really good. I may have to supplement some formula after each nursing though. She has lost some weight, I have to take her back to the doctor tomorrow for another weigh in. We will decide then if I'm going to or not. It really depends on if she's lost any more weight or not.

On another note, Bobby (my DS) is really excited about being a big brother! :)  He's always wanting to snuggle Jasmine and whatnot. He's always trying to be helpful as well.

I haven't picked my hook up in several days, but I'm going to try to soon. Been hurting from the c-section a lot here the last few days. It was real bad this morning...but thankfully the pain meds they gave me (which are safe for nursing) really help. But, I'm going to get off here for now, I will talk to you ladies soon! :hug s for all!

Thanks for the update! Hugs to you and your family!!

kuddles

Wow I hope everyone starts feeling better.  I've been a little under the weather myself.  Saturday, I had a touch of the flu.

And then Sunday our Hot water tank decided to stop working and leak water all over. 

And Monday we had a bad storm blow through and knock out the power for a while. 

Fun week, lol. 

But I did get a square in the mail from Mandyme and that's always a fun thing!!  It's sitting on a blue background, but it's got some of my favorite color, purple!!

post-54847-0-88328000-1365555423_thumb.jpg

Wow I hope everyone starts feeling better.  I've been a little under the weather myself.  Saturday, I had a touch of the flu.

And then Sunday our Hot water tank decided to stop working and leak water all over. 

Fun week, lol. 

But I did get a square in the mail from Mandyme and that's always a fun thing!!  It's sitting on a blue background, but it's got some of my favorite color, purple!!

You definitely had a rough week! I'm hope the square was able to cheer you up a bit! :)

It's good to hear from you. Glad to hear Jasmine is doing well and that she has such a loving big brother.

Fun week, lol. 

I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going well, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Heads up ladies........Puffy's away!! as of this am  a puffy going out to

CRSheridan

Lil_mama-6

SOpo

and last but not least

Dragonlady6!!                Fire in the hole, puffy's have launched!!!

YAY!! Can't wait to see what yarny goodness you've sent. Now I'll be watching the mailbox like a hawk. LOL! (My kids laugh at me when I know a square is coming my way. Evidently I'm pretty funny...) Thank you, Katy!

Abigail, our hot water tank went out as well. We had an inch of water on the bathroom floor for 3 days straight while waiting for a new one; as well as water all over my brledroom (which is the same room as the water heater). Hope things go better for you soon :hug

I did nothing when I got home from work, except take a nice hot shower (which unplugged my nose for a while) and sleep early.  Was supposed to be at church last night but just couldn't do it!!!  So, I only have once square done, will  try to work on some more before the weekend.  Feeling kinda "punk" as my mom puts it, more tired from the medicine than anything else.  Just want to sleep, even this strong coffee isn't waking me up any!!!  Woke up this am with a little stuffiness, but my throat is feeling weird, not sore, but can tell something is there, and I am hoarse!

Katie, good to see you, take care of little Jasmine and make sure you are not over burdening yourself and putting some undo stress on your belly scar. 

Hope everyone is feeling better today.  Not sure who to blame for my feeling badly, since seems like there are so many that have been sick.  of course, my supervisor went home yesterday because she thinks she has strep throat.  She went to the doctor in the afternoon and said if she doesn't have it, she was coming back and she never did come back. 

Happy hump day to all!!!!

YAY!! Can't wait to see what yarny goodness you've sent. Now I'll be watching the mailbox like a hawk. LOL! (My kids laugh at me when I know a square is coming my way. Evidently I'm pretty funny...) Thank you, Katy!

I am going to assume I am dragnlay6 lol. I am excited it is my first friendship square WOOOOT. Thanks bunches I cant wait to get it.

Abigail, our hot water tank went out as well. We had an inch of water on the bathroom floor for 3 days straight while waiting for a new one; as well as water all over my brledroom (which is the same room as the water heater). Hope things go better for you soon :hug

Imma, My husband works for a company that does fire and water damage. I have seen and heard the damage that can do. Sorry for all the trouble you are having,

On a lighter note.I have been feeling so good lately. so much more energy. eating better moving more. Got my flower beds cleaned up yesterday evening. can't wait to get some flowers in there. I think my hostas are done for. they barely grew last year and this year they havent even started sprouting yet. But i had been thinking about digging them up and putting something different there so maybe this is God saying ok time for change lol.  Have a great days ladies and the couple of gentelmen we have.

Gracious, what a busy week! Sorry I haven't been around much, so many things going on it's a wonder I know if I am coming or going. LOL I didn't read back thru all of the posts (lazy today) ... but still working on squares for Tonya. I'll try to catch up tonight or in the morning when hopefully I will have a bit more time. One quick thing tho... I made an A in Microeconomics last term, so I still have my 4.0 GPA on my journey to a bachelor degree. Hoping that trend continues until I finish. Back to 2 classes next term, but for now I am still on Spring Break! YAY! 

Congrats!

Gracious, what a busy week! Sorry I haven't been around much, so many things going on it's a wonder I know if I am coming or going. LOL I didn't read back thru all of the posts (lazy today) ... but still working on squares for Tonya. I'll try to catch up tonight or in the morning when hopefully I will have a bit more time. One quick thing tho... I made an A in Microeconomics last term, so I still have my 4.0 GPA on my journey to a bachelor degree. Hoping that trend continues until I finish. Back to 2 classes next term, but for now I am still on Spring Break! YAY! 

Hello Ladies, just wanted to stop by and say hello and congratulations to Tonyal.  I am able to be on the computer a little more each day as I am able to sit up more.  Most of the time I spend it with my legs up and I just don't have any easy way to sit the computer near me.  I am hoping to get the energy to start crocheting again soon as I miss making squares.  I guess this is why an I pad would be great.  I tried going on line with the nook but it just isn't as big and it was too hard.  So hi everyone, I'll be peeking in.

Good morning peeps! Cold has moved to my head.......so not feeling great. Laying low....still gotta go to work.

Hugs,

kuddles

Aw, what did i start here!! Feel better!!

wink!

I did nothing when I got home from work, except take a nice hot shower (which unplugged my nose for a while) and sleep early.  Was supposed to be at church last night but just couldn't do it!!!  So, I only have once square done, will  try to work on some more before the weekend.  Feeling kinda "punk" as my mom puts it, more tired from the medicine than anything else.  Just want to sleep, even this strong coffee isn't waking me up any!!!  Woke up this am with a little stuffiness, but my throat is feeling weird, not sore, but can tell something is there, and I am hoarse!

Katie, good to see you, take care of little Jasmine and make sure you are not over burdening yourself and putting some undo stress on your belly scar. 

Hope everyone is feeling better today.  Not sure who to blame for my feeling badly, since seems like there are so many that have been sick.  of course, my supervisor went home yesterday because she thinks she has strep throat.  She went to the doctor in the afternoon and said if she doesn't have it, she was coming back and she never did come back. 

Happy hump day to all!!!!

uh oh, you feel better now, and soon!

I am going to assume I am dragnlay6 lol. I am excited it is my first friendship square WOOOOT. Thanks bunches I cant wait to get it.

Imma, My husband works for a company that does fire and water damage. I have seen and heard the damage that can do. Sorry for all the trouble you are having,

On a lighter note.I have been feeling so good lately. so much more energy. eating better moving more. Got my flower beds cleaned up yesterday evening. can't wait to get some flowers in there. I think my hostas are done for. they barely grew last year and this year they havent even started sprouting yet. But i had been thinking about digging them up and putting something different there so maybe this is God saying ok time for change lol.  Have a great days ladies and the couple of gentelmen we have.

Yeah, forgive me my typos, lol Love flowers, rabbits feast on them though!! What kinda flowers don't the rabbits like to munch on, anyone know......

Ohhhh congratz Brainiack!!!

Woot! I was able to get to the post office today and send out the FOUR squares to our Queen! Be on the lookout Tonya!!

kuddles

you go girl!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Ladies, just wanted to stop by and say hello and congratulations to Tonyal.  I am able to be on the computer a little more each day as I am able to sit up more.  Most of the time I spend it with my legs up and I just don't have any easy way to sit the computer near me.  I am hoping to get the energy to start crocheting again soon as I miss making squares.  I guess this is why an I pad would be great.  I tried going on line with the nook but it just isn't as big and it was too hard.  So hi everyone, I'll be peeking in.

Hi ya Pat, nice to see your post, hope all is going better, and you will be 100 per cent again soon!

Hello All!!

I am late in this THANK YOU because I wasn't sure where it came from.  I would officially like to thank  AbbyNormal for the two pretty squares she sent me a while back.  I am still collecting squares but have not put any together yet....haven't quite decided how I want to do that.  I am a lurker here.  Congrats on all the babies.  I hope those of you who are sick get better soon.

Honex

Hi!!!!!!!!!!! Keep feeling better!!

kuddles

good morning

got one square done I'm ,so clogged up from all this pollen,we broke a record yesterday

Oh,I feel ya there!  come  to find out what I have been going through for the last two days isn't a cold, but it is POLLEN!!! Ugh!  I have been coughing/sneezing so hard, that my ribs hurt!  This is the second day for that, and I think my voice is coming back a little more than yesterday!  Unfortunately I bought allergy medicine yesterday that makes you drowsy, so it was a struggle staying awake and then going home in the dark last night!  Still working lots of overtime, looks like I might be Tuesday, which is the end of the pay period for us.  Getting real excited, this drive is getting OLD! LOL

Since I haven't been feeling well, I haven't done any more squares, so gonna work on some today.  I should have another one, if not two, by the time lunch is done with.  Is there anyone who likes varigated?  I only have that with me today.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

I am enjoying a day off. Praise God. Without being sick I havent had a day completely off in over a year. I do home health and I have one lady I have to go check on her at least once every day. They had me pick up some hours on other days and gave me thursdays off. I am gonna just relax and enjoy it today

I am enjoying a day off. Praise God. Without being sick I havent had a day completely off in over a year. I do home health and I have one lady I have to go check on her at least once every day. They had me pick up some hours on other days and gave me thursdays off. I am gonna just relax and enjoy it today

Enjoy the day off and just relax in the Lord!  My Pastor is on a sabbatical right now and I told him even God rested one day!  We need days off just to recover what we are putting out to others!

The squares you got are beautiful.  Katy always sends such pretty squares!

I wish I was home right now, it is storming, almost looks like a hurricane going through with the raining coming down as hard as it is and the wind blowing so strongly!  The rain is about going completely sideways!  Good day to stay curled up and crochet!  great thing about crocheting, you can do it even when the electricity goes out - you don't need much sight for it!!!  As long as you got your touch, you can keep on going!

Yeah It is a rainy day here too. Not done much today. went outside and looked under my pine tree, we find morel mushrooms under there, and found ciggarette butts and a lighter. so now I got to go talk to my neighbor about her kids

Archived