Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Beautiful purse kuddles!!!

tiffer, that is some nice eyecandy you have there!!!!

Hope everyone has a safe Resurrection Sunday (Easter).  I will probably be home, by myself.  It's just another day for me, actually.  Finish getting things ready for the office.  With my roommate moving out by the 15th, I can use her son's bedroom as the office.  The backroom will be the guest room/craft room!!!  The closet is going to be full of my yarn!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone has a safe Resurrection Sunday (Easter).  I will probably be home, by myself.  It's just another day for me, actually.  Finish getting things ready for the office.  With my roommate moving out by the 15th, I can use her son's bedroom as the office.  The backroom will be the guest room/craft room!!!  The closet is going to be full of my yarn!

How exciting!  I hope everything works out wonderfully for you with your new job and working out of your house.  :hug

They arrived! attachicon.gif882891_587517774599608_998329172_o.jpg :hugThey're amazing! 

Beautiful purse kuddles!

I will be polishing the crown in highlight of the new coming Queen this weekend! I warn you, it's a tad heavy with all these jewels, but know it will sparkle thru your entire reign! Wear it proudly! (I know I do!) 

always a little sad, when one queen passed the crown, but then happy too at the same time for the new queenie!! You have been a terrific March Queen, and know you will pass it gracefully!!

snowflake, does your signature line reflect your current preferences for squares received, or have you forgotten to change it to what I have on the first post?? Me confuddled again, lol not good!!

I received a lovely square from our dear grannieannie. Thank you so much. :hug

attachicon.gifIMG_0695.JPG

wow that is one good looking square!!

Ok, I'm definitely sleep deprived, I saw the note from Katie about only a few days left for March Queen squares, and freaked out a bit thinking I wouldn't get them done in time. And then I realised, oh yeah, I sent them out already, and sure enough there was a picture of them a few posts later. I was thinking of the one for TampaDoll's comfortghan. I am confused writing this because Doctor Who is on and I have no idea what is going on in the episode or why and I can't decide if the newest doctor annoys me or not.

Hello! I was a part of this group about 2-3 years ago, and a variety of circumstances prevented me from participating for a while, but I'm back and ready to make some squares! I have a stash that desperately needs to be used!

ETA: Here are the 24 squares I have so far! (the square on the top left is dark green, but it didn't show up well in the photo!)

ETA (again): I found a 25th square hiding out with my 12" squares! No photo, yet!

post-35506-0-44609600-1364563446_thumb.jpg

MandyMae has Re-Joined!! Yay i remember her being on Sue's!! Welcome back Mandy!!

Her preferences are as follows....[  ]

8 inch, ww (Acry), in any color!! That could not be any easier, ha ha....I added you to the first post of this thread Mandy,and have your current addy, thank you for returning, we are anxious for some NEW blood!! he he he...........you have some lovely squares, and a hec of a start already, this should be a piece of cake for us Squares!!!

everyone give Mandy a Big  Square Welcome!! lol    :welcome [ ]

Im pretty sure I sent you one a long time back when Sue ran the cal, at least the addy is familiar, but it's been so long, I have no idea what it looked like, lol so it may be with those or maybe not, lol, anywho,,,,,,glad to have you aboard again!

Im pretty sure I sent you one a long time back when Sue ran the cal, at least the addy is familiar, but it's been so long, I have no idea what it looked like, lol so it may be with those or maybe not, lol, anywho,,,,,,glad to have you aboard again!

Thank you! I'm almost positive that you sent me a square before, but I can't remember which one at this point! I do have a few that are still labeled, but the rest are a mystery!

Welcome Mandy!!!

Thank you! :)

Welcome Mandy!!!

Well I opened my sewing machine and it had gotten wet all over. Thank God, though, it works!!!! Time to get my sewing back out!

I'm glad to hear it works. I would be lost without my sewing machine.

Welcome Mandy!

Welcome Mandy!!!

Well I opened my sewing machine and it had gotten wet all over. Thank God, though, it works!!!! Time to get my sewing back out!

YAY!! I am thrilled to hear that, considering how much it was to buy, sheesh, you lucked out!!!

Thank you! I'm almost positive that you sent me a square before, but I can't remember which one at this point! I do have a few that are still labeled, but the rest are a mystery!

Thank you! :)

Yeah, I would have to check my book back a ways, but the addy is real familiar, anyway, glad to have you back active on the thread!

I have several bits of good news.....First of all, you know Mandymae rejoined already, which is a nice surprise for us, new blood and all, to square for!

Secondly I heard from Lil mama, and she had some problems which is why she sort of lost touch, but has her internet up and running, and hopefully will become an active member again, she is trying to figure out how to post pics of the 22 squares she received frmo all of us!!

Thirdly, heard from the new queen nominee, and she is in her words......."Can you say excited!!" ha ha....so im taking that as an acceptance!!! Tiffer, days are numbered girl, anyone that has a puffy to go out to tiffer????

and lastly, there was one more thing, what was it, oh yeah, cshort, I know you told me how many total you received but you know, I didn't post it in the first post, and now have promptly forgotten ..... woe is me, will you be a dear, and let me know when you have time again pwetty pease!!!!!! thankyou!!

oh boy, brunch went well, they all squealed with delight at the flower tape measures, and the cotton Sponges I made for them! Even dd came, and was amused and amazed at the treats. AND the ladies!! ! We did fine, without that pesky burned out oven element, (burned out the day before brunch!!) lol as  DD volunteered to bake off  the cake for me, and  we served toasted english muffins, (broiler in oven works fine) topped with my special egg salad, paprika, and bacon bits over the top, coffee,both  turkey , and pork sausages,  of course, (diet coke for TWO of us, lol) and then that delish carrot cake with home made cream cheese frosting, was to die for!!!!!

ok, dinner in crock pot, back still bothering me, i think from sitting and bending over the doggie whilst grooming her, but other than that,beautiful spring day here!!!!!!!! Take care, till we CHAT again ladies and gents?  :wink 

Wow! Just got back from my two day visit and so many posts!

Thanks for all the purse kudos!

Great new squares posted!

Great about the machine still working!

Welcome to Mandy!

Uh, if I forgot to comment on anything, sorry! We just got back and I'm checking emails and such. Even after our 3 hour drive, DD wants to go OUT for dinner! Really! I'll probably say yes, I'm a sucker!

Later!

kuddles

That's a lot of good news.  Welcome back Mandy.  I love seeing all your squares and I think I can even pick out the ones I sent.  Glad that Lil mama made it back (several mia's generally do after their life issues settle down).  The brunch sounds so yummy.  I really liked the tape measure flowers.  I probably won't have the computer on over the weekend so I will miss the drawing.  Where did you find the tapes?  I think JoAnn's used to have them but of course not when I started looking for them.  Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

oh boy, brunch went well, they all squealed with delight at the flower tape measures, and the cotton Sponges I made for them! Even dd came, and was amused and amazed at the treats. AND the ladies!! ! We did fine, without that pesky burned out oven element, (burned out the day before brunch!!) lol as  DD volunteered to bake off  the cake for me, and  we served toasted english muffins, (broiler in oven works fine) topped with my special egg salad, paprika, and bacon bits over the top, coffee,both  turkey , and pork sausages,  of course, (diet coke for TWO of us, lol) and then that delish carrot cake with home made cream cheese frosting, was to die for!!!!!

So you had to read through that part, in order to hear this part, lol I ended up with a couple spare tape measure flowers, sooooooooo looks like some sort of random drawing will be in order soon!! Look for that here, on this thread in the next couple of days, wink wink!!!!!! Just a random ROAK really, to a couple lucky posters!!!!!!

Of course your brunch friends were delighted!  It's nice to get something so thoughtful and handmade from a friend.  How cool that two of our CAL gals will be luck recipients too!  I was going to ask to be part of the drawing, but I'm not going to after all because, one, I just got a tape measure with a cozy in a swap and, two, I am going to add to your giveaway.  It wouldn't be fair to participate, and it's really fun to give.  I hope you didn't forget I offered to add to your giveaway.  I want to add one of the new Amour crochet hooks.  I added a link.  Once the recipients are chosen, I'll need to know what their favorite hook size is.  That way we can be sure that the hooks will get lots of use.

To change topics slightly:  Remember that cousin I mentioned that had surgery last week to remove tumors?  They are cancerous, as feared, meaning that the amputation of his right leg did not stop the spread.  It's called chondrosarcoma and is very, very rare, with really no treatment available for it.  It's all in God's hands now; so I ask that if you have a few seconds, please pray for my cousin Daniel.  He turned 44 today.

Everyone have a great weekend :hug

Hey, welcome back kuddles!!

That's a lot of good news.  Welcome back Mandy.  I love seeing all your squares and I think I can even pick out the ones I sent.  Glad that Lil mama made it back (several mia's generally do after their life issues settle down).  The brunch sounds so yummy.  I really liked the tape measure flowers.  I probably won't have the computer on over the weekend so I will miss the drawing.  Where did you find the tapes?  I think JoAnn's used to have them but of course not when I started looking for them.  Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

oh that is ok, I think it will be after easter anyways.....

and I found them at Hobby Lobby, walmart had them too, but twice as much, and only a few!

Of course your brunch friends were delighted!  It's nice to get something so thoughtful and handmade from a friend.  How cool that two of our CAL gals will be luck recipients too!  I was going to ask to be part of the drawing, but I'm not going to after all because, one, I just got a tape measure with a cozy in a swap and, two, I am going to add to your giveaway.  It wouldn't be fair to participate, and it's really fun to give.  I hope you didn't forget I offered to add to your giveaway.  I want to add one of the new Amour crochet hooks.  I added a link.  Once the recipients are chosen, I'll need to know what their favorite hook size is.  That way we can be sure that the hooks will get lots of use.

To change topics slightly:  Remember that cousin I mentioned that had surgery last week to remove tumors?  They are cancerous, as feared, meaning that the amputation of his right leg did not stop the spread.  It's called chondrosarcoma and is very, very rare, with really no treatment available for it.  It's all in God's hands now; so I ask that if you have a few seconds, please pray for my cousin Daniel.  He turned 44 today.

Everyone have a great weekend :hug

oh the hook idea, is sooooo nice of you!! I will let you know who wins the tapes!!! So sorry about your cuz, good thoughts and courage, sent your way!

ok, forgot to mention up there, Lil_mama06 is back!! She wanted us to know she would like to be an active member again, so have reposted her preferences on the first post! Thanks, and glad everything has worked out and you are returning debbie!

darling kids lacey!!

AngelRoseLite, ofcourse your cousin is in my thoughts. What a thing for your family to be going through!? Lots of :hugs from us.

Gradually getting settled in the new house. Still got loads to do but getting there. Will be back in hookin' action soon. :cheer

:hug Hugs for Daniel and your family. What a thing to go through so young.

We were going to have my husband's parents and brother down for Easter, but his mom has been sick and so they can't come. :( (She does sound like she feels awful!) It's a bummer. We can still do an egg hunt and everything, but it would be more fun if they were here... they live farther away than my parents do so they haven't been able to see the little guy since Christmas! Not totally sure what we're going to do with the rest of the weekend, now....

AUGH, I wrote this last night and didn't post it!

Archived