Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<--- This person has internet back!!!! :cheer

Got a few things to post pics of in the show n tell so off I go!

Great squares everyone. Its lovely seeing eye candy. Tis yummy!

You're funny.   :lol  I'll make a few for you :)

Saaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeetttttttttttttttt!

I knew being funny would serve me well one day!

<--- This person has internet back!!!! :cheer

Got a few things to post pics of in the show n tell so off I go!

Great squares everyone. Its lovely seeing eye candy. Tis yummy!

Yahoo!!!!!! Good for you!

kuddles

well, caught all up on posts now, soooooo everyone is busy huh!! Yes it is bright, the rainbow ghan i mean, but I needed bright for this project, lol    I can't wait to get more in the pile so I can put a row together, lol   

Glad Emma is in, and online again, the universe has spoken, and what will be, will be!!

Katiebug, you are due again when??????????

Tomorrow is the first day of spring ladies! Seems we should have some sort of I dunno, special event here on the thread, lol the winter for us has been long, you k now! If anyone thinks of anything to do that's sorta special tomorow, do pm me, lol  Might be something as simple as a thead members only give away, or a SPRING Biggest Square, not to take away from Tiffer at all, but in partnership with, they would not get a crown, but instead, a lovely digital  Lei of flowers along with some squares from those that can, maybe in springy colors, , to celebrate spring, huh, lemme know what you all think, Im game for something fun, how bout you! :shrug  :rabbit  :ducky  :rose

That afghan is going to be fun and stunning!  What pattern did you use for the yellow square?  It's simple yet catches the eye right away.  You are going to finish the afghan almost all by yourself!  lol

Who in this group likes orange?  I can take requests so I use up the skein.  Once it's gone, it's gone because it's vintage.  I think Kuddles might like one.  Let me know if you do, Kuddles.  Anyone else, just tell me the size, and I'll make it.

I visited a cousin today.  I am relieved that he was alert and talkative when I arrived.  He's refusing to let the chondrosarcoma depress him.  He had most of the right leg amputated a few months ago, and today some tumors were removed from the groin area.  It's not looking good.  I hope to God we have more than just months with him.  He's only 43 years old.  All we can do is pray.

I'm off to prepare for my sister's stay while she recovers from surgery.  It's all work, work, work.  At least it keeps the mind busy.

:hug

Maria

Prayers for your cousin!  43... so young!

Well, since you said something....  I won't deny a square a good home!  Mine 'ghan is all different colors and sizes, so whatever size you feel like whipping up, I'm sure will fit in nicely.  :)  Of course, if you're already out of the skein, I totally understand!

Hi Everyone!  Sorry that I've been among the missing again.  It's just been one of those weeks.  DH did manage to fight thru the snow storm and got to the PO for me.  Skoggy keep your eyes open for a pkg (it's going to your mom's) and Tiffany there is a puffy on it's way to you!  I have a couple more squares finished, but my brain just won't function well enough right now to match up to the list...ugh.  once the lupus fog clears they will find a home.

I've seen some beautiful squares posted!!!  Emma, congrats on the move! Pat, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Maria, prayers for your sister and cousin.

Stay safe and warm everyone!  They say tomorrow is the first of spring.  When is the snow going to stop? :(   :lol

well, caught all up on posts now, soooooo everyone is busy huh!! Yes it is bright, the rainbow ghan i mean, but I needed bright for this project, lol    I can't wait to get more in the pile so I can put a row together, lol   

Glad Emma is in, and online again, the universe has spoken, and what will be, will be!!

Tomorrow is the first day of spring ladies! Seems we should have some sort of I dunno, special event here on the thread, lol the winter for us has been long, you k now! If anyone thinks of anything to do that's sorta special tomorow, do pm me, lol  Might be something as simple as a thead members only give away, or a SPRING Biggest Square, not to take away from Tiffer at all, but in partnership with, they would not get a crown, but instead, a lovely digital  Lei of flowers along with some squares from those that can, maybe in springy colors, , to celebrate spring, huh, lemme know what you all think, Im game for something fun, how bout you! :shrug  :rabbit  :ducky  :rose

I'm due April 6th, but I'm hoping I'll have little missy before then. For that matter, I'm hoping before the 3rd, which is when I have a scheduled c-section if I haven't had her yet.

It's such a relief to be home!  I am watching after my 8-year-old niece while my sister is in the hospital.  I spent all afternoon at the hospital while surgery took place and she was transferred to a room.  It went a lot more smoothly than expected and not as complicated as feared.  She gets to leave tomorrow.  I'm so exhausted from the nerves but very happy.  

Skoggy, congrats on moving in and getting Internet back.  Love the toys you posted :)

Katiebug, congrats on your baby girl!  

Pat54, I know you just had surgery, but I just wanted to let you know you are still in my prayers so that you have a fast recovery.  Blessings :)

Prayers for your cousin!  43... so young!

Well, since you said something....  I won't deny a square a good home!  Mine 'ghan is all different colors and sizes, so whatever size you feel like whipping up, I'm sure will fit in nicely.   :)  Of course, if you're already out of the skein, I totally understand!

Thank you for the prayers.  They are much appreciated :hug

So far only you and kuddles have said they want orange; so I'll start on them tomorrow or the day after.

Hi Everyone!  Sorry that I've been among the missing again.  It's just been one of those weeks.  DH did manage to fight thru the snow storm and got to the PO for me.  Skoggy keep your eyes open for a pkg (it's going to your mom's) and Tiffany there is a puffy on it's way to you!  I have a couple more squares finished, but my brain just won't function well enough right now to match up to the list...ugh.  once the lupus fog clears they will find a home.

I've seen some beautiful squares posted!!!  Emma, congrats on the move! Pat, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Maria, prayers for your sister and cousin.

Stay safe and warm everyone!  They say tomorrow is the first of spring.  When is the snow going to stop? :(   :lol

Hi Ann! Missed ya, hope you feel better soon!

I'm due April 6th, but I'm hoping I'll have little missy before then. For that matter, I'm hoping before the 3rd, which is when I have a scheduled c-section if I haven't had her yet.

Soon! Can't wait to see what the little bundle looks like!

Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

I will most definitely let you all know, and post a pic! Thank you all too! You're all super wonderful! :hug s for all, and have a great day!

I'm all for your idea Katie!  I'm all for spring too.  At least it isn't snowing here today like it was yesterday :yuck

As promised, here is the square sent to me by VikingRunnerGirl!! Thanks again! LOVE it!

I recognize that pattern!  I love it, and those colors are great :)

I sent out seven packages last week.  Four have received their squares.  I think only Pineknott, smith, and tiffer93 are missing.  If you get your squares, would you please let me know so I can check up on them?

I was trying to cram in some work, but my sister is being released in about an hour.  Time to pick her up!  Her daughter will be thrilled to find her home after school.

I recognize that pattern!  I love it, and those colors are great :)

I sent out seven packages last week.  Four have received their squares.  I think only Pineknott, smith, and tiffer93 are missing.  If you get your squares, would you please let me know so I can check up on them?

I was trying to cram in some work, but my sister is being released in about an hour.  Time to pick her up!  Her daughter will be thrilled to find her home after school.

haven't received any puffies,but will certainly let you know when it arrives

Yoo Hoo, Oh March Biggest Square......your package mailed out today young lady! Two plump squares in a big ole bag is coming your way! Can't wait to see what you think of them!

kuddles

:clap  a bright and fun colored square from Angel Roselite!!   :ty  it's such a happy square!!!!

post-17683-0-39046900-1363820652_thumb.jpg

Our lease is up next month and we got our notice to vacate.....  :cry ..... I hate moving!!! Dh is graduating in February of next year so there is a good chance we may have to move again! BLAH!!! So we've been looking at dirty, stinky, filthily places that I assume someone lived in. I am so amazed so people are so dirty and even more amazed they show them that way! Wish us luck....from what we've seen so far, we'll need lots of it. LOL!

Oh wow, 2 pages to catch up on! Sorry ladies, got a little busy the past couple of days! AngelRoseLite, the squares arrived safe & sound.. I hope to get the picture tomorrow.. along with all of my other squares laid out.. The weekend breezed by and this week hasn't slowed down at all! Will be on to read, catch up & chat tomorrow.. have a fabulous evening ladies! :ghug

I haven't been on much lately since I started working.  I log in every day and try to catch up on the posts in this thread so I promise I'm still around!  VikingGirl, I promise I'll get your square in the mail soon!  I've got it packaged - and just need to address the envelope so hubby can take it to the post office while I'm at work.  I get home in the afternoon and just want to collapse in the bed for some sleep.  Sorry I'm making you wait! I'll try to get it taken care of tonight so it can get in the mail tomorrow.

A Spring Square sounds like fun.  I'm not sure how many squares I could pledge, but I'm sure I could do at least one or two. Just say the word, oh fearless leader!  :)

I hope everyone is well, on the mend, and/or taking care of themselves!

~Christel

Edit:  That should be VikingRunnerGirl (I think...  What I know is that I'm losing my mind.  Ugh)

Oh wow, 2 pages to catch up on! Sorry ladies, got a little busy the past couple of days! AngelRoseLite, the squares arrived safe & sound.. I hope to get the picture tomorrow.. along with all of my other squares laid out.. The weekend breezed by and this week hasn't slowed down at all! Will be on to read, catch up & chat tomorrow.. have a fabulous evening ladies! :ghug

Yay!  Just one left wandering.  I'm sure it will turn up soon.  Thanks :)

Archived