Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

hi squares!

Got some snow here, we call it a nusiance snow, cause it won't last long on the streets this late in the season! Did everyone remember daylight savings jump an hour!!

I started days ago, I have a clock colection, lol gotta start early if I wanna get them all jumped forward! Twice a year I wonder what truth there is to, "One can never have too much time!": when it comes to resetting all those clocks!

Good to see everyone is working hard, and sending out their squares!

I will check in later, things seem to be going smoothly here, so, guess Ill grab a hook!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ladies! Finally feeling a little better today...not quite as sick as I was Saturday. Thankfully! :)   I hope everyone who has been sick is feeling better too! And that everyone had a good weekend as well.

Pat, I hope all goes well with your surgery!

I hope everyone has had a good start to their weeks! :D   I know my start has been interesting. LOL. I shall talk to you ladies soon! Going to work on a doily for a while. Found a pretty pattern last night! :heart  :crocheting 

hi squares!

Got some snow here, we call it a nusiance snow, cause it won't last long on the streets this late in the season! Did everyone remember daylight savings jump an hour!!

I started days ago, I have a clock colection, lol gotta start early if I wanna get them all jumped forward! Twice a year I wonder what truth there is to, "One can never have too much time!": when it comes to resetting all those clocks!

Good to see everyone is working hard, and sending out their squares!

I will check in later, things seem to be going smoothly here, so, guess Ill grab a hook!

I have many clocks too,my favorites being the ones with roman numerials,and darn it I broke one of those today,while resetting the time,it was a gift from reader's digest yrs ago

Morning Squares! Still got this dang cold, but a titch better.......I really do NOT like being sick! A waste of time! LOL

Tiffer, I finished up your second square last nite! Woot! I will be getting both in the mail soon, will let you know when. So glad I waited and did a second one for you, another new to me pattern! So fun!

Have a good day all!

kuddles

Gorgeous squares! What fantastic colours! :manyheart

I'm a bit annoyed with Mr Skoggy today. I had some baby clothes picked out to send to our 2 ladies expecting little girlies and, in an effort to do more packing, Mr Skoggy put them in the "too small box" of kids clothes. D'oh! I'd put them to one side whilst I finished off some squares to put with them. Oh well, I'm going through said box once we get to our new house so I'll fish them out again. :lol

Gorgeous squares! What fantastic colours! :manyheart

I'm a bit annoyed with Mr Skoggy today. I had some baby clothes picked out to send to our 2 ladies expecting little girlies and, in an effort to do more packing, Mr Skoggy put them in the "too small box" of kids clothes. D'oh! I'd put them to one side whilst I finished off some squares to put with them. Oh well, I'm going through said box once we get to our new house so I'll fish them out again. :lol

Oooh!!!  You get to go through all the clothes that are too small and remember how precious your baby was in each outfit.  My kid's baby clothes are long gone except for a few dresses my daughter wore.  I love looking at them and remembering how little my 14 year old used to be.

I still have my first Christmas dress.  My mom kept it for so long, and finally, when I was "old enough to have it" I was allowed to keep it at my own house.  Haha.  She thought I wouldn't care about it and would just throw it out.  I love it, and love the photos of me wearing it.  Hopefully, when DH and I are ready, we will have a baby girl and she can wear it too.  Otherwise, we will have some really great photos to show our son's girlfriends when he's a teen!!   Hahahaha!  :)  My mom has actually wanted to get rid of the wooden rocking chair that was in my nursery when I was younger - the one she would rock me in.  I have freaked out every time she wants to sell it because I definitely want that one in my first child's nursery.  :)  Man, that's one old chair.  Ha!

Hope everyone is doing well today - that those who have been ill are starting to feel better.

Happy Tuesday, everyone! :)

Ooh!  I almost forgot...   A friend, and fellow hooker, shared this with me today: http://worstedforwear.com/?p=104

I had never seen these before!  If you haven't seen this site before, and need a good laugh, go check it out.   There were a couple that I actually had to think a minute to see the humor - because each comic rings so true for us oh so dedicated crochet addicts.  :)

Abigail1280, beautiful squares! So bright & cheerful! :manyheart

OOOH I can't wait to get those puffies! Thanks so much ladies :ghug

Sadly, my neighbor lost her house in a fire on Friday. Luckily, no one was hurt, she and her dogs were outside when it happened and her son was at work. I am trying to organize a fundraiser for her to help get her thru until the insurance company gets their stuff in order. Thankfully she had insurance! I feel awful for her and am thinking I will try to get a comfortghan going ... but that will be sometime later this month. I am going to ask for a few thoughts & prayers for her during this time of tragedy and this is the best place on earth to ask for those :ghug

Unfortunately, I have homework to do today. :sigh So I will stop back in later when I take a "break".. Hope everyone has a great day! 

Abigail1280, beautiful squares! So bright & cheerful! :manyheart

OOOH I can't wait to get those puffies! Thanks so much ladies :ghug

Sadly, my neighbor lost her house in a fire on Friday. Luckily, no one was hurt, she and her dogs were outside when it happened and her son was at work. I am trying to organize a fundraiser for her to help get her thru until the insurance company gets their stuff in order. Thankfully she had insurance! I feel awful for her and am thinking I will try to get a comfortghan going ... but that will be sometime later this month. I am going to ask for a few thoughts & prayers for her during this time of tragedy and this is the best place on earth to ask for those :ghug

Unfortunately, I have homework to do today. :sigh So I will stop back in later when I take a "break".. Hope everyone has a great day! 

Oh how sad! Prayers going up right now!

kuddles

Wow.  Tiffany, many prayers going up for your neighbor and friend.  If you end up doing a comfortghan, you can count on a couple squares from me.   :)

Same here, Tiffany.  I can send at least a couple.  Depending on the size, I may already have several made.

Well folks - the germs haven't totally bypassed my house.  My DD, Joy #1, has an ear infection.  She was out in the sun all day on Saturday at a softball tournament and her forgetful momma forgot to take sunscreen.  She looks like a strawberry from the neck up and has blistered.  That along with the ear infection is making her feel so miserable.  She has been a real trooper though and has tried going to school yesterday and today.  (She came home early both days.)  She has an antibiotic now and will hopefully be feeling better very soon.  We have company coming from Arkansas beginning Saturday so it just wouldn't do for her to be sick while they're here!

I'm taking a short break from squares this week so that I can finish the ripple 'ghan for my niece.  (She is the family that is flying in on Saturday.  She graduates high school in May and this is her graduation gift from us.)  While I'm not posting a lot, I am still keeping up!  I hope everyone who has been sick is on the mend.  pat54, you're in my thoughts as you prep for surgery.  Don't let them work you too hard afterward!  ;)

:hug  to all!

:cheer :cheer Signed for and received the keys to our new house today!!! :woo :woo

So, if anyone is planning on sending squares to me, I have a new address to send them to. Just drop me a PM. :)

Tiffany, I'm ever so sorry to hear about your friend. If there is anything I can do from across the pond, just let me know. :hug

Pat54, You are in my thoughts whilst you prepare and recover from your surgery.  :hug

Hugs for your DD, Christel. My DD1 had an ear infection when she was about 6 months old. Ouch! Nasty things. :hug

Hope my fellow squares are doing ok. :hug

wow, so much happening in here today! So sorry about the house fire for your friend, I too, would contribute to a comfortghan, whevever you need me, and might I say, such a generous and thoughtful group here to volunteer to do that without even being asked, we have the best of the ville, right in this thread!!

secondly, wow Linda, another Clockster!!! I only know one other person and she is a brunch buddy too, that has clocks!! I acutally have a clock that runs backwards, I tell people it's when I DON"T have enough time, lol but actually, I think whomever built it, put the gears in backwards, lol..... they are in their own home, ( large china hutch) where they live and prosper, and the others are spread about the house in every room! Whilst guests stay or visit me, they all usually take the batteries out of the tick tocks, so they can SLEEP! Doesn't bother me a bit, I seldom even ever hear when they chime, ha ha. used to it I guess.

About the house and keys emma, congratz, now it's real!!

And the baby clothes, yep, had a dress as a small todler, my mom gave to me when my daughter was born, and I revamped it, and my daughter  wore the dress, I have pics of both of us, me at about 3, and my daughter about the same age, wearing the same dress! She loved wearing it, as much as I did!!

Very nice eye candy too!! Pretty colors.

Im headed to the shower, so catch ya all later!

:cheer :cheer Signed for and received the keys to our new house today!!! :woo :woo

So, if anyone is planning on sending squares to me, I have a new address to send them to. Just drop me a PM. :)

Tiffany, I'm ever so sorry to hear about your friend. If there is anything I can do from across the pond, just let me know. :hug

Pat54, You are in my thoughts whilst you prepare and recover from your surgery.  :hug

Hugs for your DD, Christel. My DD1 had an ear infection when she was about 6 months old. Ouch! Nasty things. :hug

Hope my fellow squares are doing ok. :hug

Congrats!!!

I did send your squares out to your mom's address, I was hoping you'd have them by now! They said 7-10 which is already has been but dang it! I want you to get them NOW!!!

Okay, I'm done!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

:hugs to all. Prayers and good healing thoughts coming your way.

Emma, congrats on the house :woo

I am taking a hiatus of sorts. I boxed up (temporairly) 90% of my yarn only keeping out a bit of it. Ive been in a rut lately and did a massive overhaul in my living room, office and bedroom where all my yarn was. It was taking over the whole house. LOL but soon the rut shall pass and Ill dig it all back out. Ive also kept out all my squares and my nephews squares to put them together as the need hits :)

Congrats!!!

I did send your squares out to your mom's address, I was hoping you'd have them by now! They said 7-10 which is already has been but dang it! I want you to get them NOW!!!

Okay, I'm done!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

And I've got them!!! :cheer

2 gorgeous chocolatey squares. Wow oh wow! I love the star one!!! Please tell me where you found that pattern?! Also, the cream is the same that Katie used. I looked at Red Heart Fiesta yarns and that color combo wasn't there. Is it Red Heart?

I will post a pic in a bit.

Thank you so much kuddles! :hug :hug

DD seems to be feeling a little better.  She hasn't run a fever since yesterday afternoon.  She'll probably try to go to school tomorrow (unless she manages to cough up a lung).  She will have been on antibiotics for over 24 hours by the time she goes to school tomorrow morning so her ear infection should be on the mend.

I spent my day in a high school math classroom and I loved it.  I've been substituting since the end of January.  I have learned through all the subbing jobs I've had that I am best designed to teach high schoolers and math is my subject.  It felt good to be in a classroom today where I knew the subject matter.  Tomorrow I'm in a science class ~ and science is NOT my strong subject at all.

I have done a little bit of crocheting today, but not much.  I'm working on a scrap hat.  So far the colors are all going together well.  I hope they continue to do so since I'm not really planning what colors go into the hat.

Other than that, not a lot is going on here.  Just working and crocheting.

Oh btw ~ Congrats, Skoggy, on the house!  That's great news!

Have a great day, everyone!  (I hope that's not too much pressure.  If it is, have the day you have.)  *We started watching The Odd Life of Timothy Green last night.  That might be my favorite line of the movie so far!*

Edit:  This is my 500th post!!  WOOT!

And I've got them!!! :cheer

2 gorgeous chocolatey squares. Wow oh wow! I love the star one!!! Please tell me where you found that pattern?! Also, the cream is the same that Katie used. I looked at Red Heart Fiesta yarns and that color combo wasn't there. Is it Red Heart?

I will post a pic in a bit.

Thank you so much kuddles! :hug :hug

Yippee!!!!!!!! I had so much fun making them!!!! Once you post the pics, it will remind me of the patterns and the yarn and I can let you know.....

I think that RH Fiesta is a retired color combo, sorry!

Later!

kuddles

Archived