Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

DD seems to be feeling a little better.  She hasn't run a fever since yesterday afternoon.  She'll probably try to go to school tomorrow (unless she manages to cough up a lung).  She will have been on antibiotics for over 24 hours by the time she goes to school tomorrow morning so her ear infection should be on the mend.

I spent my day in a high school math classroom and I loved it.  I've been substituting since the end of January.  I have learned through all the subbing jobs I've had that I am best designed to teach high schoolers and math is my subject.  It felt good to be in a classroom today where I knew the subject matter.  Tomorrow I'm in a science class ~ and science is NOT my strong subject at all.

I have done a little bit of crocheting today, but not much.  I'm working on a scrap hat.  So far the colors are all going together well.  I hope they continue to do so since I'm not really planning what colors go into the hat.

Other than that, not a lot is going on here.  Just working and crocheting.

Oh btw ~ Congrats, Skoggy, on the house!  That's great news!

Have a great day, everyone!  (I hope that's not too much pressure.  If it is, have the day you have.)  *We started watching The Odd Life of Timothy Green last night.  That might be my favorite line of the movie so far!*

Edit:  This is my 500th post!!  WOOT!

congrats on the 500th post! Woot is right!

Let me know how you like the movie, I've been curious about it!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry that the camera decided to wash out the pink.. but thank you pineknot for my lovely squares! :manyheart They're so pretty! 

post-18684-0-53586800-1363214864_thumb.jpg

Hi ya Lacey,

I just sort of got through a dry spell, seemed longer than others, but am back on the ball again, I did not pack up anything, need to see it around ha ha, but did re organize, and dust, and such in the craft room, so nice and clean, and working with some baby yarn now, seeing what I can do with it. Probably make a baby afg. or something, once I get done thinking about it, lol..

It will return, your crocheting I mean, sometimes i guess we just need a break!         

Tiffany, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor! Happy to hear she and her dogs are OK tho...I'm sending warm wishes and thoughts our way for her!

Skoggy, grats on the house!!!

I see more pretty eye candies every time I get a chance to log in, be it from my comp or phone! Such pretty squares you all have recieved!

I'm thinking about going to bed soon...should probably already be there. Having had such a busy day today, one would think I would be physically exausted, but I'm amazingly not that tired yet. Oh well, I shall head that way soon anyhow!

:hug s and warm wishes being sent everyone's way! Hope you all had a good day today, and have a good day tomorrow! Good night all.

Lovely squares, everyone!  I am sending out a flotilla of squares tomorrow to the following people:  katyallen8090, cshort, pineknot, abigail1280, smith, kuddlebubs, and tiffer93.  I have another bunch going out perhaps on Saturday.  I'll list the names either Saturday or Sunday.  They're all packaged and ready to go, but my little job ended at almost 8:00 p.m.  I'm exhausted.  Once my first job ends tomorrow, I'll drop them off at the post office.  It should be an interesting depo.  It's a celebrity.  It can either be short because there are not many answers or long because of drama.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  Let's hope it's not long or I won't make it to my second job :lol

Good night, everyone :hug

Sorry that the camera decided to wash out the pink.. but thank you pineknot for my lovely squares! :manyheart They're so pretty! 

attachicon.gif885360_580670155284370_785126492_o.jpg

Those are very pretty squares.

Hi everyone,

Skoggy, I'm not sure if I said it yet or not but, Congratulations on the house!

Tiffany, prayers for your neighbor, I'm glad everyone is ok.

Lovely squares, everyone!  I am sending out a flotilla of squares tomorrow to the following people:  katyallen8090, cshort, pineknot, abigail1280, smith, kuddlebubs, and tiffer93.  I have another bunch going out perhaps on Saturday.  I'll list the names either Saturday or Sunday.  They're all packaged and ready to go, but my little job ended at almost 8:00 p.m.  I'm exhausted.  Once my first job ends tomorrow, I'll drop them off at the post office.  It should be an interesting depo.  It's a celebrity.  It can either be short because there are not many answers or long because of drama.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  Let's hope it's not long or I won't make it to my second job :lol

Good night, everyone :hug

Woot!!! Puffies! Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Congrats Skoggy on your new home!  I know it has been long in coming!

Beautiful squares!  congrats to all the puffy recipients!

I remember growing up visiting my grandfather's home, and it was full of clocks!  Drove me bonkers when I would spend the night over there, and couldn't sleep!  He was an antique dealer, and seemed to have Grandfather clocks all over the house, from the basement to every room, including the bathrooms!!!  He even had an enclosed front porch that had one, along with an old crank phone that was actually a radio!  I loved playing with that!  Anyways, it seemed that none of them were on the same time, so it was a continuous chiming!!!  Needless to say, I didn't stay over there very often!!  I  miss those old clocks, though, and my grandfather.  We used to even play in the antique store, which of course, was full of clocks as well!!

Snowflake, that house sounds AWESOME! I just looked at an old farmhouse with our realtor the other day and as we were going through I found myself wishing that I could include random things in the house as part of the deal. :lol Sounds like I probably would have felt the same way in that house!

(Though I don't know if we'll actually make an offer on the place - it's right by a major road, which means non-stop road noise, and I don't know if we're cool with that, AND let's just say that when the listing agent included "cosmetic damage" in the description, what he MEANT to say was "the roof on house and both outbuildings needs replaced to the point that one of the ceilings in the house is water damaged and there's mold on half the garage ceiling, oh and also the kitchen ceiling has like six holes in it with light fixtures and pipes poking out for reasons that aren't really clear and none of the lights seem to actually work or have any sort of switch anywhere, seriously, we were looking around the kitchen using the Flashlight app on an iPhone because we couldn't find lights. There were awesome things about it though, so it's like welllll if we could get it for a low enough price it could be worth fixing up. Basically, as the realtor said, it has some good potential, but also some real Money Pit potential.)

All the packages are on their way to seven people.  Yay!

Can't wait! Wootie!

Snowflake, that house sounds AWESOME! I just looked at an old farmhouse with our realtor the other day and as we were going through I found myself wishing that I could include random things in the house as part of the deal. :lol Sounds like I probably would have felt the same way in that house!

(Though I don't know if we'll actually make an offer on the place - it's right by a major road, which means non-stop road noise, and I don't know if we're cool with that, AND let's just say that when the listing agent included "cosmetic damage" in the description, what he MEANT to say was "the roof on house and both outbuildings needs replaced to the point that one of the ceilings in the house is water damaged and there's mold on half the garage ceiling, oh and also the kitchen ceiling has like six holes in it with light fixtures and pipes poking out for reasons that aren't really clear and none of the lights seem to actually work or have any sort of switch anywhere, seriously, we were looking around the kitchen using the Flashlight app on an iPhone because we couldn't find lights. There were awesome things about it though, so it's like welllll if we could get it for a low enough price it could be worth fixing up. Basically, as the realtor said, it has some good potential, but also some real Money Pit potential.)

Wow, that place sounds uh....er...challenging!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

lovely eye candy, those squares are so pretty!!!

wow a clock house, I wish I knew someone like your grandfather, lol

Been cleaning, sorting, bagging up for taking to goodwill, that sort of thing, is this called spring cleaning?? oh, and have been busy making my brunch bunch giftee for the month, Ill post a pic tomorrow, I have a few more to make, but Ill photo what I have, so look for that sometime tomorrow, as the light will be better!!

There for a while, I was worried, nothing was coming to mind to make for the brunch bunch, i was blank, zippo, no ideas!!

Then, all of a sudden, it struck, yes, that will work fine, I said, and started off making them, I k new I took out that baby, and sports yarn for a reason, lol. GOt your curiosity up, check in tomorrow, to see what those lucky ladies will receive at the end of the month, at my brunch, (it's my  turn hostessing) .

TIffer, how you doing on squares, still collecting right and left, ha ha, I hope we make enough to finish that ghan!! I would love to see it completed, such nice colors!!

Thank you in advance angel!! Puffy, my first will be arriving soon!!!!!! Im so excited!

Thank you in advance angel!! Puffy, my first will be arriving soon!!!!!! Im so excited!

I sent you two, but there are a couple more I am making for you.  I found a pattern I really like that I think will be good for you :)

All the packages are on their way to seven people.  Yay!

I'll be watching for them.

Krieke also let me know that she has squares for me. So with the squares from AngelRoseLite and Krieke I will be finished with my afghan.

Katyallen can you change my status to no more squares needed. I will still be hanging around to make squares to send.

With all the talk of cleaning and organizing I've decided I need to reorganize the closet in the sewing room, but it may have to wait until spring break which is just over a week away :clap . Spring break also means extra stitching time :crocheting .

Have a great day everyone!

I'll be watching for them.

Krieke also let me know that she has squares for me. So with the squares from AngelRoseLite and Krieke I will be finished with my afghan.

Katyallen can you change my status to no more squares needed. I will still be hanging around to make squares to send.

With all the talk of cleaning and organizing I've decided I need to reorganize the closet in the sewing room, but it may have to wait until spring break which is just over a week away :clap . Spring break also means extra stitching time :crocheting .

Have a great day everyone!

Congrats on having enough squares! Woot!

kuddles

I really thought I had shipped Tiffany's squares out.. I was cleaning off the desk by the front door yesterday & there was the envelope - addressed lol.. I'm such a doof! Will go out today or Monday!!

Um, I would pass on that one unless you have LOTS of money to invest.  Who knows what you would find once the roofs are tore off, there could be some underlying structural damage from water!!  They would have to come down WAY LOW in order for me to consider it, and I would have to know someone who could fix it up!  The house I grew up in my grandfather owned, and it was from the 1700-1800's.  When they were doing some work on the home (my father and grandfather), there were square nails instead of the round ones.  We found a picture of the original owners, it was a tin picture, of all things.  Plus there was a painting of the White House from 1802 or 1803, I can't remember.  I wish we had kept all those things when we moved!  They were probably worth a lot now!!!

Katie, I'll get a count this weekend and let you know how the 'ghan is coming along. :) Maybe even a picture! 

And I've got them!!! :cheer

2 gorgeous chocolatey squares. Wow oh wow! I love the star one!!! Please tell me where you found that pattern?! Also, the cream is the same that Katie used. I looked at Red Heart Fiesta yarns and that color combo wasn't there. Is it Red Heart?

I will post a pic in a bit.

Thank you so much kuddles! :hug :hug

Okay so here is the 'star' square:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/precious-6-and-9-afghan-square

The Fiesta yarn color is called Wheat and is def discontinued. The dark brown with flecks in it is RH Shimmer in Chocolate! Hope this all helps and glad you like those squares! Was so fun to send them 'across the pond'!

kuddles

I think so too, any square YOU make for ME will be perfect!!!!!!!!!! can't wait!!

In other news, one member is coming back to the thread, has been without internet for a while, and now has it again, and is rejoining, i am just awaiting preferences, and addy update before adding him to the list again!! yay!

Oh, did a pic of what I am making for the brunch bunch, so check out this thread for a peek, got a few more to do, but at least half way there!!!

Cshort, yes, I will change your status, and great that you will have enough to finish that ghan! Don't forget a pic for all of us to drool over!! Maybe we'll be able to spot our own square in your finished ghan huh!!!

Hey Katy, gonna send you a  message.  Think I am going to change my colors and the type of yarn I want for my squares! 

Ok snowflake, Im ready, lol whenever you are!!

Katie, I'll get a count this weekend and let you know how the 'ghan is coming along. :) Maybe even a picture! 

YESSSSSSSSS pics! Im so excited!

Okay so here is the 'star' square:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/precious-6-and-9-afghan-square

The Fiesta yarn color is called Wheat and is def discontinued. The dark brown with flecks in it is RH Shimmer in Chocolate! Hope this all helps and glad you like those squares! Was so fun to send them 'across the pond'!

kuddles

wheat, y es, that was it, i remember now, and didn't know it was discontinued, darn it, I really liked it! Like I said, I have  one with silver or grey if you will in it too, and it is red heart, probably also discontinued, I am not sure.......Kuddles is so smart!

Okay squares....  I've hit that 1:30 slump here at work today.  How do you all get through the work day on a Friday??

I have done all my "fun" work and am staring at all the more tedious things..

I also bought a new loose leaf tea (I'm a tea junky) recently and have been sipping on that all day.  I think that might be why I am really in this funk right now.  It is delicious tea... but geez, it makes me so sleepy.

So, does anyone have any little tricks on pushing through the work day?  There's a cute little coffee/cupcake shop around the corner (walking distance) from my office.  I am trying really hard not to run over there and grab a latte... because I know I'll grab a couple cupcakes too (they'll stare at me, I just know it).  I've been on track with my diet/workouts this week and lost one pound for the week, so I don't want to ruin that.

Ok, I'm ready for your tips! Go!  :) 

Archived