Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh i know, I used to always play pyramids on yahoo's games when I needed a break, which was more often than not in the office!!!!

Or, get up, walk around, visit a bit, piddle around for a while  in the kitchen area, go outside if weather is cooperative, deep breaths, lol clean something,  to  name a few!

Ok snowflake, Im ready, lol whenever you are!!

YESSSSSSSSS pics! Im so excited!

wheat, y es, that was it, i remember now, and didn't know it was discontinued, darn it, I really liked it! Like I said, I have  one with silver or grey if you will in it too, and it is red heart, probably also discontinued, I am not sure.......Kuddles is so smart!

I try to be! Not often successful...just ask my DD!

kuddles

Okay squares....  I've hit that 1:30 slump here at work today.  How do you all get through the work day on a Friday??

I have done all my "fun" work and am staring at all the more tedious things..

I also bought a new loose leaf tea (I'm a tea junky) recently and have been sipping on that all day.  I think that might be why I am really in this funk right now.  It is delicious tea... but geez, it makes me so sleepy.

So, does anyone have any little tricks on pushing through the work day?  There's a cute little coffee/cupcake shop around the corner (walking distance) from my office.  I am trying really hard not to run over there and grab a latte... because I know I'll grab a couple cupcakes too (they'll stare at me, I just know it).  I've been on track with my diet/workouts this week and lost one pound for the week, so I don't want to ruin that.

Ok, I'm ready for your tips! Go!   :)

I got nuttin! I am the same!

kuddles

One package in the mail today - heads up, Kuddles! :D

AngelRose, yours will move out Monday, I think. I've had a few majorly crazier than usual days at work and I've been using those little squares as stress relief in the afternoon!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

kuddles

Okay so here is the 'star' square:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/precious-6-and-9-afghan-square

The Fiesta yarn color is called Wheat and is def discontinued. The dark brown with flecks in it is RH Shimmer in Chocolate! Hope this all helps and glad you like those squares! Was so fun to send them 'across the pond'!

kuddles

Thanks kuddles :hug

I've got an idea to make a ghan using the star square, its lovely!

Shame about the the fiesta yarn is discontinued. Both you and Katie used and its yummy! Maybe I can put a thread in the yarn section to see if anyone has any skiens laying around they are willing to sell to me. :D

Right ladies... tomorrow is moving day! Broadband won't be installed until next week though so I will probably not be around. I can access using my phone but sometimes it plays up. Fingers crossed that it all goes ok.

See ya on the flip side!!!! :lol

Um, I would pass on that one unless you have LOTS of money to invest.  Who knows what you would find once the roofs are tore off, there could be some underlying structural damage from water!!  They would have to come down WAY LOW in order for me to consider it, and I would have to know someone who could fix it up!  The house I grew up in my grandfather owned, and it was from the 1700-1800's.  When they were doing some work on the home (my father and grandfather), there were square nails instead of the round ones.  We found a picture of the original owners, it was a tin picture, of all things.  Plus there was a painting of the White House from 1802 or 1803, I can't remember.  I wish we had kept all those things when we moved!  They were probably worth a lot now!!!

That does sound really cool! I love old houses and old things; handling them always makes me feel connected to those people in the past. We have a little kid's rocking chair for my son that my siblings and I used as kids ourselves. After it was given to me by my mom, I found out who made it: my great-grandmother's grandfather! So that means my son will be able to tell his kids (if any) that it was made by his great-great-great-great-grandfather!

My FIL is actually a contractor, which is part of why we keep looking at places that aren't perfect.... This one is definitely on the iffier side though; aside from the things I mentioned before, there are also quite a few low ceilings - which is a problem for a guy who's 6 foot 3! It's definitely one we'd have to actually do another viewing with my FIL to get his take on it and see how much he thinks would be involved.

Shame about the the fiesta yarn is discontinued. Both you and Katie used and its yummy! Maybe I can put a thread in the yarn section to see if anyone has any skiens laying around they are willing to sell to me. :D

Right ladies... tomorrow is moving day! Broadband won't be installed until next week though so I will probably not be around. I can access using my phone but sometimes it plays up. Fingers crossed that it all goes ok.

Woo! Good luck! Hope you have fun! (Or had fun, depending on when you read this.)

Wish I had more of that yarn but I just had the one skein! You should def post about it though, you never know!

Good luck on the move! We'll be here whenever you need us!

kuddles

Hi Ladies, just wanted to stop in and say hello.  I haven't been on my computer in a few days and I am so far behind in what's going on and I'm sorry, so please just let me say I hope every one is doing well.  Things have been so busy just getting things together for the surgery and finishing things up at work.  Work has really been stressing me out because they want me back in 2 weeks and I just laugh.  It's not that they won't let me take more time they just don't want me away from my job for too long.  They are great people, I've been taken out to lunch and yesterday they brought over a cake, great bunch.  I never knew getting ready for surgery was so involved.  I've had so many tests and let me tell you the blood they have taken is ridiculous.  I've had a blue band I've had to wear since Monday.  Needless to say I haven't had time to do much of anything else.  Well I will be gone for awhile so please keep me in your prayers and send good wishes for a speedy recovery.  Hopefully it won't be a long one.  They tell me the major part of the healing is the mind set.  I'll let you know when I am back. 

Hi Ladies, just wanted to stop in and say hello.  I haven't been on my computer in a few days and I am so far behind in what's going on and I'm sorry, so please just let me say I hope every one is doing well.  Things have been so busy just getting things together for the surgery and finishing things up at work.  Work has really been stressing me out because they want me back in 2 weeks and I just laugh.  It's not that they won't let me take more time they just don't want me away from my job for too long.  They are great people, I've been taken out to lunch and yesterday they brought over a cake, great bunch.  I never knew getting ready for surgery was so involved.  I've had so many tests and let me tell you the blood they have taken is ridiculous.  I've had a blue band I've had to wear since Monday.  Needless to say I haven't had time to do much of anything else.  Well I will be gone for awhile so please keep me in your prayers and send good wishes for a speedy recovery.  Hopefully it won't be a long one.  They tell me the major part of the healing is the mind set.  I'll let you know when I am back. 

Hugs and good luck!

kuddles

My prayers out to you, and I'll pray for you while praying for my sister having a difficult surgery next week.  It sounds like you work for a great place.  You concentrate on your recovery and even some crochet while recovering ;)

:hug

Today I received a puffy from AngelRoseLite, as promised!

Love it! Had to chuckle, I just made this exact square this month for a CAL on ravelry, is that where you saw the pattern?

So bright, I'm in love! Thank you my friend!!!!!

kuddles

post-17419-0-14737400-1363471329_thumb.jpg

Today I received a puffy from AngelRoseLite, as promised!

Love it! Had to chuckle, I just made this exact square this month for a CAL on ravelry, is that where you saw the pattern?

So bright, I'm in love! Thank you my friend!!!!!

kuddles

It's from the BAMCAL.  I hadn't realized you were a group member until you commented on mine :lol  To top it off, you wrote that you made the square for someone!  I had already made it in your colors; so I decided I'll make you another one that's NOT from any CAL's.  Thank you for being so gracious :hug

It's from the BAMCAL.  I hadn't realized you were a group member until you commented on mine :lol  To top it off, you wrote that you made the square for someone!  I had already made it in your colors; so I decided I'll make you another one that's NOT from any CAL's.  Thank you for being so gracious :hug

It's so lovely! I'm just letting sit next to me and I look upon it frequently! Thanks again!

Yeah there could be many of us over there on the BAM!! So funny!

kuddles

I got three squares today!  Yay!  Thank you very much, Abigail1280.  They are lovely :hug

Little embarrassed to say, when I first came to this post, I thought, oh those are lovely squares.  And then I read it and thought, Oh yeah, I made them, lol.  I'm glad you got them and you like them :)

It's so lovely! I'm just letting sit next to me and I look upon it frequently! Thanks again!

Yeah there could be many of us over there on the BAM!! So funny!

kuddles

Yes, I'm participating on the BAM too, though I haven't finished this square yet.  It's started, so hopefully this week!

Sorry, I've been missing this past week.  I've been very run down.  Some days even coming home and napping after work, which I don't normally do.  Hopefully, this week is better.  Everyone feel better, Pat, good luck.  Skoggy, how fun for you, getting a new home.  I really hope we can too by the end of the summer :)  Gotta go make some breakfast!

Good luck pat! Did i miss it, what is the surgery for?? I must have missed that somewhere way back there! Does anyone else know? So, wishing you and angel's sister a successful surgery, and a quick recovery!

I am having both knees replaced.

I got this lovely square in the mail yesterday from AngelRoseLite!!  The picture doesn't come near to doing it justice; it's very lovely!  Thank you :hug

Oh how pretty! Which pattern is that AngelRoseLite?

kuddles

Hi all, dropping in to say hello before I go do some more cleaning and crocheting! :)  I've had an...eventful...weekend. But as yet, not the even that I'm waiting for. :(  Thats OK tho LOL.   

Skoggy, have fun moving!

Pat, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hope everyone has had a nice and relaxing weekend! Great squares too ladies! :yes   See you all soon!

Archived