Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Wow! The snow is coming down in bucket loads States side! Pics please! :D:lol

We have lovely spring weather here at the moment. I hope it continues like this next week when Felicia can play out in her very own garden. I have already got her a little football (soccer ball) from the Disney Stores with the Princesses on it. Looking forward to a kick around. She loves balls... any kind! She received a knitted one in a ROAK last year and I've made her a couple more. And now she has her soccer ball. :)

Most of my yarn was packed up today apart from a few little WIPS. :(

Here's a pic for ya... this was taken on Sunday when DH and I were on our way back to the airport in Nebraska.  We were there for a wedding.  That was a ton of snow for this TX girl!!   :)  I was so excited.  Haha!  

post-61835-0-36031100-1362512895_thumb.jpg

And another picture I took from the plane as we were flying in.

post-61835-0-67008200-1362512934_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! Thanks for that! Great pics.

I love snow.

I'll share a nice snow pic:

post-54070-0-97333700-1362515525_thumb.jpg

This was taken when we had our snow over here, in Feb. It was her first proper experience of snow. Although I miss the snow of Sweden, the UK has a light dusting compared. :)

WAY TO GO, LACEY!  Good on yer!

We didn't have much snow here this year, but it was colder than last year. We keep getting this half-hearted snow and ice; it's like come ON, just snow properly or else give up and let spring come through, please! I don't usually pay attention to weather reports so I never know what's coming up except through hearsay, so when I saw fresh brine stripes on the roads on my way into work this morning I was sad. :(

Eeee! Yarn packed up! Moving day is coming soon! :D :D (Just "liked" your facebook page, by the way!)

adorable pic of the little one, and snow in nebraska, you're kidding, lol     that was left over from our 8 to 12 inches we  had, late season, isn't much left here now!!

feeling still a bit queasy, but better than yesterday. Kept down a small chocolate pudding cup, and a small glass of 7 up anyway today, so on the up and up!!!!! Soup did not appeal to me at all. Supper looks like applesauce, and maybe a few crackers, ha.

On the up side of all this, is Im getting my colon clensed apparently for it all, just sticking to liquids or liquidy like substances, for the next coupla days, not like i HAVEN'T been on a liquid diet before, (had ulcers years ago, so bad, now healed but had to do liquids for a while then as well.)

Did manage to get the bed sheets off, to wash and do some new, they're in the washer now, so maybe Ill have enough energy when they get all dried to put them back on, lol Washing away germs always pleases me! Im not a germaphobic, but I always feel there is the potential of it happening, lol     take care all!

All for now, keep on hooking!        

Here's a pic for ya... this was taken on Sunday when DH and I were on our way back to the airport in Nebraska.  We were there for a wedding.  That was a ton of snow for this TX girl!!   :)  I was so excited.  Haha!  

attachicon.gifphoto (1).JPG

And another picture I took from the plane as we were flying in.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Wow!  My favorite part of traveling for work used to be when there would be snow.  If only I lived in a part of California that got snow :D

I had such a hard time figuring the second picture out!  I thought the wing was maybe part of the runway, but then the white with all those lines looked like a map.   :lol  I finally rationalized that it was taken from the plane, and the runway suddenly became an airplane wing.  Weird!

Since we're all sharing pics and there's no snow here, how about a little local pic taken not too long ago in Long Beach?  I had a nice view to distract me during testimony.  I love those jobs.

post-44469-0-04470300-1362521029_thumb.jpg

Wow!  My favorite part of traveling for work used to be when there would be snow.  If only I lived in a part of California that got snow :D

I had such a hard time figuring the second picture out!  I thought the wing was maybe part of the runway, but then the white with all those lines looked like a map.   :lol  I finally rationalized that it was taken from the plane, and the runway suddenly became an airplane wing.  Weird!

Since we're all sharing pics and there's no snow here, how about a little local pic taken not too long ago in Long Beach?  I had a nice view to distract me during testimony.  I love those jobs.

Oh wow! I'd love to see that kind of view! :D

It went from pouring rain to snow in about 30 seconds earlier. If it keeps coming down like it is right now, it won't be long before we're buried in white stuff .... UGH I am *OVER* winter! I don't like being all stiff from the cold & dreary. It's almost the official start of spring and I'm hoping the hot, humid & dry season of summer arrives earlier than usual. If you hadn't gathered, I am *NOT* a fan of cold/wet/snow/arthritis! LOL Guess that is why when the kids graduate high school me & hubby are transplanting ourselves to AZ as soon as possible! 

oh snow, i like it till Christmas, doesn't feel like Christmas without it! But after Christmas, Im saying i don't want to see anymore, I mean, I can take the cold, long as it clear and not icy and snowy too!! Not asking too much for Nebraska, am I, LOL

A really good question came to me via one of our members, asking about a little confusion on our preferences, Mine for instance, says red heart solids, in the listed colors, that means red heart, one solid color of square, any pattern.....another's preferences was for no solid in red heart, which I remember her saying she didn't want any solid color red heart, as it seemed too course, but varigateds in said red heart, were fine, as they seemed to have a softer feel....The confusion came with wondering if the pattern was solid, or the color of the square! I will clean that up on first post.

Good quesion, sorry to confuse everyone, i will try to re phrase that here shortly on the first post!! Thanks member, and you know who you are, lol for that eagle eye and a very good question!!!!!!!!!

Here's a pretty one I took when we had ice a couple weeks ago.. 

post-46820-0-26198000-1362534657_thumb.jpg

I have a puffy ready to send to Tiffany tomorrow!! It's sealed, labeled & ready for me to take it to the post office & pay postage on it :) 

I know I said I wouldn't do it, but I think I must so I put pressure on myself to finally do it.  I have organized my initial list of squares to go out, and my goal is to send them out on Saturday.  There!  Phew!  It's a nice big list.  I had been working and testing hat patterns.  Now that I'm all caught up with both, I am churning those square puppies out.  Yay!

well that is great , puffys are always a welcome mail box resident, for one thing, it isn't asking for you to pay a bill, it isn't soliciting your time, or money, or coaxing you to buy something you don't need, and oh the most important reason we like puffys........Cause they contain someones time, and talent, and there is love in every beautifully crafted square!!! :manyheart

I know I said I wouldn't do it, but I think I must so I put pressure on myself to finally do it.  I have organized my initial list of squares to go out, and my goal is to send them out on Saturday.  There!  Phew!  It's a nice big list.  I had been working and testing hat patterns.  Now that I'm all caught up with both, I am churning those square puppies out.  Yay!

well that is great , puffys are always a welcome mail box resident, for one thing, it isn't asking for you to pay a bill, it isn't soliciting your time, or money, or coaxing you to buy something you don't need, and oh the most important reason we like puffys........Cause they contain someones time, and talent, and there is love in every beautifully crafted square!!! :manyheart

You mean I can't send my flyers inside the same envelopes?   :devil  

Wow!  I have to say for once, I'm glad I'm far enough north that we're going to miss the snow!

I will be heading to the post office tomorrow to mail out some puffies.

Also, Thanks to KatherineElaine for the lovely squares I received today!  They're perfect :)

I hope everyone is feeling better and staying warm.

The pictures of the snow all look beautiful but I have to say that I am thankful for my sunny, high in the 70s days.

I started on squares for our queen last night but didn't get very far, maybe I'll get some more done today.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Okay wow, in less than 24 hours, you girls chatted so much I feel so behind!

Great pictures, glad others are feeing better, good luck on moving, etc.....we are all so busy with life yet we still take the time to check in!

Last nite I finished up our reining Queen's square! New square to me and using her colors.....it is stunning! You are lucky to get it and that I didn't keep it!!!

Well we didn't get the 10 inches here, more around maybe 6-7. The complex wasn't out to clean off the driveways till 1 in the morning! I almost went out to shoot them! Luckily DD did not wake up!

Well off to get ready for work! Hugs to all!

kuddles

Okay wow, in less than 24 hours, you girls chatted so much I feel so behind!

Great pictures, glad others are feeing better, good luck on moving, etc.....we are all so busy with life yet we still take the time to check in!

Last nite I finished up our reining Queen's square! New square to me and using her colors.....it is stunning! You are lucky to get it and that I didn't keep it!!!

Well we didn't get the 10 inches here, more around maybe 6-7. The complex wasn't out to clean off the driveways till 1 in the morning! I almost went out to shoot them! Luckily DD did not wake up!

Well off to get ready for work! Hugs to all!

kuddles

That's a bit ridiculous that they waited until so late to clean off the driveways!! I'd have been slightly irate :)

That's a bit ridiculous that they waited until so late to clean off the driveways!! I'd have been slightly irate :)

And I was! Hopefully when I return home later, the driveway where the car was sitting, will be cleaned off!

kuddles

post-18684-0-33193300-1362587226_thumb.jpgpost-18684-0-06068600-1362587233_thumb.jpg

Katy, my puffy arrived! Stuffed with four 6" and a 12" square in pink, gray & white! They're beautiful, thank you soooooo much! :hug

You mean I can't send my flyers inside the same envelopes?   :devil  

I really laughed out loud at this.  We don't get them much any more, but at one time we got a lot of marketing offers in the mail with the self addressed postage paid envelopes included.  I would open the envelopes, put everything in the postage paid envelope and mail it back to the company.  Maybe that's why we don't get many of them anymore...  We have a church member who opens them and puts tracts in the envelops and mails them back, which is also a good idea, I think.

attachicon.gif857613_577435008941218_633541945_o.jpgattachicon.gif858070_577434872274565_1746532844_o.jpg

Katy, my puffy arrived! Stuffed with four 6" and a 12" square in pink, gray & white! They're beautiful, thank you soooooo much! :hug

Beautiful squares!

attachicon.gif857613_577435008941218_633541945_o.jpgattachicon.gif858070_577434872274565_1746532844_o.jpg

SOOO pretty! I just finished your square last nite! Send me your addy please so I can mail it out to ya!

kuddles

Wow! So much going on that I've missed! Little man was better, then got an upset tummy this morning... :(  I had to go get him from school about an hour or so ago. Hopefully this one won't last long.

All day yesterday I was sick. Thankfully that's over with now. And my fiancees nephew has it today. Looks like it's making rounds through the house. *Looks toward the door wondering who's going to get it next.*

Those are beautiful squares Tiffer! Katy did a very good job on them (like always).

Katy, hope you're feeling better!

Immafreek, WTG! Good luck on the course!

I hope that's everyone? Lol. Hope everyone's doing well/better! :hug s for all!

Archived