Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

:clap  a bright and fun colored square from Angel Roselite!!   :ty  it's such a happy square!!!!

ohhhhhhhh that is lovely, that would go great in my ghan, lol Beautiful, she does such pretty squares!!!

Nice eye candy too!! Today was the first day of spring, and it was chily here, but not that bad. So maybe soon, we will be in the spring type weather again!  

Thought about the give away idea, and when and if I get the rest of my tape measure thingies done, Ill think Ill do a give away for one or two of them, if I have extras...Other than that, nothing much else to say tonight, getting tired, sooo, talk with you all tomorrow sometime......

Whomever asked about the pattern in my yellow saquare, that i posted here and I think it might have been angelroselite, I got it out of a leisure arts booklet, Entitled 63 stitch patterns for an afghan, or something like that, it's number 15, the square, and the booklet is numbered on the back #555, hope that helps!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our lease is up next month and we got our notice to vacate.....  :cry ..... I hate moving!!! Dh is graduating in February of next year so there is a good chance we may have to move again! BLAH!!! So we've been looking at dirty, stinky, filthily places that I assume someone lived in. I am so amazed so people are so dirty and even more amazed they show them that way! Wish us luck....from what we've seen so far, we'll need lots of it. LOL!

uuk, i know when i watch hoarders a few times, it is so disgusting how people can live sometimes! Hope you find a NICE clean place soon!

Oh wow, 2 pages to catch up on! Sorry ladies, got a little busy the past couple of days! AngelRoseLite, the squares arrived safe & sound.. I hope to get the picture tomorrow.. along with all of my other squares laid out.. The weekend breezed by and this week hasn't slowed down at all! Will be on to read, catch up & chat tomorrow.. have a fabulous evening ladies! :ghug

can't wait to see!!

ohhhhhhhh that is lovely, that would go great in my ghan, lol Beautiful, she does such pretty squares!!!

Nice eye candy too!! Today was the first day of spring, and it was chily here, but not that bad. So maybe soon, we will be in the spring type weather again!  

Thought about the give away idea, and when and if I get the rest of my tape measure thingies done, Ill think Ill do a give away for one or two of them, if I have extras...Other than that, nothing much else to say tonight, getting tired, sooo, talk with you all tomorrow sometime......

Whomever asked about the pattern in my yellow saquare, that i posted here and I think it might have been angelroselite, I got it out of a leisure arts booklet, Entitled 63 stitch patterns for an afghan, or something like that, it's number 15, the square, and the booklet is numbered on the back #555, hope that helps!

I wanted to make a rainbow square for you, but I stuck to the solids since that's what was specified.  I can make one if you would like.  Thanks for the booklet info.  I ordered it.  Whoo-hoo!

As promised, here is the square sent to me by VikingRunnerGirl!! Thanks again! LOVE it!

:clap  a bright and fun colored square from Angel Roselite!!   :ty  it's such a happy square!!!!

Those are both beautiful squares!

Tiffer, your squares will be in the mail as soon as I leave work today.

Our first day of spring felt more like summer but it is suppose to be a little cooler today. Today's is our student's last day before spring break and it is a half day. I have a teacher planning day tomorrow and then a week of relaxing :crocheting

Love it!

Our lease is up next month and we got our notice to vacate.....  :cry ..... I hate moving!!! Dh is graduating in February of next year so there is a good chance we may have to move again! BLAH!!! So we've been looking at dirty, stinky, filthily places that I assume someone lived in. I am so amazed so people are so dirty and even more amazed they show them that way! Wish us luck....from what we've seen so far, we'll need lots of it. LOL!

Ugh! I learned moving into this condo last year that people can be pigs! I had to clean every inch of it before I would move it, including the refrigerator with pasta sauce spilled in it!

kuddles

When you are ready for the giveaway, let me know.  I'll add a little something to the giveaway :)

hi all :hug just talked to my DS biological father  after 8 years  he now wants to get to know him and DS in 10 now. hope hesbgrown up in the last 8 years  for my sons sake  he's supposed to be coming out Saturday so I'll let you all know how it goes  keep fingers crossed and say a few prayers please

I wanted to make a rainbow square for you, but I stuck to the solids since that's what was specified.  I can make one if you would like.  Thanks for the booklet info.  I ordered it.  Whoo-hoo!

ohh, they are so darn pretty, but you have already sent me some gorgeous solids....Ill leave it up to you, did you find all the color changes and ends tedious, lol silly question huh!!

When you are ready for the giveaway, let me know.  I'll add a little something to the giveaway :)

Ohhhh fantabulous!!! I wonder if just posting one for our thread is allowed???? I better ask, don't wanna upset the higher ups, or violate any rules.... But that would be cool just for our peeps!!

hi all :hug just talked to my DS biological father  after 8 years  he now wants to get to know him and DS in 10 now. hope hesbgrown up in the last 8 years  for my sons sake  he's supposed to be coming out Saturday so I'll let you all know how it goes  keep fingers crossed and say a few prayers please

That is scarey huh lacey......Is you son ok with that?? Hope all goes really well for you all! Let us know!

I was thinking, I suppose if I just randomly chose a winner for my giveaway, and confine it to this thread, and we members, would that be allowable??? It would be a little extra added something for the chosen one, or maybe anyone that wants in, chose a number from one to whatever,, humm, thoughtfully thinking thoroughly!!

Hi Ann! Missed ya, hope you feel better soon!

Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Hi ya kuddles!  I'm doing ok.  I'll be starting tpn probably next week, so fingers crossed that I'll start feeling better.

As promised, here is the square sent to me by VikingRunnerGirl!! Thanks again! LOVE it!

Very nice!

Nice and cheerful!

Good luck with the move and finding a nice, clean place.

Awww, what a difficult situation. I hope it all works out well for you and your son. :hug

I recognize that pattern!  I love it, and those colors are great :)

Yep, you ought to recognise it, Angel, I got it from you! :D I love working that design. I added an extra round of the arches and then a bunch of rows afterward to pad it out to 12 inches. It was a lot of fun!

So glad you liked it, kuddles! I realised sometime in the middle of the night after mailing that I'd forgotten to put my board handle in the package anywhere - I was rushing on my way to get to work and just stuffed the square in the package and sealed it shut! But you figured it out, so that's good.

I've got a li'l packet of squares to send out for AngelRoseLite, and I'm working on the second of two for our March Queen, so I'll send them both out at the same time probably.

AND I found a yarn to use for my crown design! (Wish it was gold, but oh well... it's a new one from Patons; maybe when they fully roll it out I'll be able to find gold and make another one.) It's probably going to be a while before I finish that since there's a lot of other things I need to finish first, but I couldn't resist picking the yarn up now.

Ok, now I'm sure I have a page or three to catch up on since I haven't been able to check for a little bit. :lol

ETA: Good luck on Saturday, Lacey!! And feel better soon, Ann!

I hope for your son's and your sake that his intentions and actions are honorable.  If he has finally seen the error of his ways and steps in to co-parent with you, he has a chance to redeem himself.  Good luck :)

ohh, they are so darn pretty, but you have already sent me some gorgeous solids....Ill leave it up to you, did you find all the color changes and ends tedious, lol silly question huh!!

Ohhhh fantabulous!!! I wonder if just posting one for our thread is allowed???? I better ask, don't wanna upset the higher ups, or violate any rules.... But that would be cool just for our peeps!!

I thought I hated weaving in the ends, but I kept choosing patterns with lots of color changes; so I have stopped fighting it.  I have become faster at it.  It's the price we pay when we want something pretty, I guess :lol

I was thinking, I suppose if I just randomly chose a winner for my giveaway, and confine it to this thread, and we members, would that be allowable??? It would be a little extra added something for the chosen one, or maybe anyone that wants in, chose a number from one to whatever,, humm, thoughtfully thinking thoroughly!!

Just like you make a list on the first post here when we have a new queen, how about you make a list of the people that have asked to be part of the giveaway?  If it's doable and not too much work, you can PM everyone in the group that you want to do a giveaway and that if they want to join, please reply yes.  If you just posted in the thread, it would probably get lost.  Those are my two cents ;)

Yep, you ought to recognise it, Angel, I got it from you! :D I love working that design. I added an extra round of the arches and then a bunch of rows afterward to pad it out to 12 inches. It was a lot of fun!

So glad you liked it, kuddles! I realised sometime in the middle of the night after mailing that I'd forgotten to put my board handle in the package anywhere - I was rushing on my way to get to work and just stuffed the square in the package and sealed it shut! But you figured it out, so that's good.

I've got a li'l packet of squares to send out for AngelRoseLite, and I'm working on the second of two for our March Queen, so I'll send them both out at the same time probably.

AND I found a yarn to use for my crown design! (Wish it was gold, but oh well... it's a new one from Patons; maybe when they fully roll it out I'll be able to find gold and make another one.) It's probably going to be a while before I finish that since there's a lot of other things I need to finish first, but I couldn't resist picking the yarn up now.

Ok, now I'm sure I have a page or three to catch up on since I haven't been able to check for a little bit. :lol

ETA: Good luck on Saturday, Lacey!! And feel better soon, Ann!

I love that pattern too.  Your square is beautiful.  I can hardly wait to see your squares!  It has taken me longer to catch up this week, but I'll work on squares this weekend.  Have fun with your crown pattern :)

Well for only being 10, my son is quite smart and thinks before making decisions, and he told me he at least wants to meet him once and see how it goes. Very grow up response if I do say so my self. :-)

I think we are fine to do it......sounds like fun!

Just like you make a list on the first post here when we have a new queen, how about you make a list of the people that have asked to be part of the giveaway?  If it's doable and not too much work, you can PM everyone in the group that you want to do a giveaway and that if they want to join, please reply yes.  If you just posted in the thread, it would probably get lost.  Those are my two cents ;)

I agree, I sometimes don't see a post when there are a lot to read so PMing us would be best, IMO.

Well for only being 10, my son is quite smart and thinks before making decisions, and he told me he at least wants to meet him once and see how it goes. Very grow up response if I do say so my self. :-)

Hugs for your son and you on this! Keep us posted!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Sounds like fun and so sweet of you.

You have brought your son up well!!!  Kuddos for you!  I will pray that everything goes good. 

I have been "offered" a job working from home and not sure how I feel about it.  I mean, I would LOVE to work from home, but it is a new lawfirm, just starting out.  Two of the attorneys I work for are stepping out and forming their own lawfirm next week.  They are taking a big client in our department (collections), which also happens to be the only client I work on besides evictions.  The client would like me to go and stay with them, everything seems to look good for this, but I am hesitating on making a decision.  I would  make the same amount hourly, but I would actually have more money.  I spend 80-90 dollars a week on gasoline to drive back and forth to work (I drive approximately 100 miles a day) - I might spend that much in a month working from home.  I can get some decent insurance (medical, dental and vision) and would save me close to $200 a month on that as well.  There are a lot of pros to doing this - - - - but!  I am almost 50  years old and am NOT a risk taker (though I did pick up everything from INdiana and moved here to Louisiana without a job!).  I don't want to make the wrong decision, and am trying to be patient and wait on God to say something to me, but patience was never my strong area! LOL.  I haven't really talked to anyone about this yet,  but thought maybe ya'll would be a good place to air this out.  I don't know if this is one of God's blessings for me because I have been saying I wanted to work from home, or if the enemy is trying to move me out of my blessed place!  I need to make a decision by Monday if I am going to leave here and work full time for them. 

Maybe I need to pick up my hook this weekend and work on something - that might help me, calm me down and keep me from being stressed!!! 

You have brought your son up well!!!  Kuddos for you!  I will pray that everything goes good. 

I have been "offered" a job working from home and not sure how I feel about it.  I mean, I would LOVE to work from home, but it is a new lawfirm, just starting out.  Two of the attorneys I work for are stepping out and forming their own lawfirm next week.  They are taking a big client in our department (collections), which also happens to be the only client I work on besides evictions.  The client would like me to go and stay with them, everything seems to look good for this, but I am hesitating on making a decision.  I would  make the same amount hourly, but I would actually have more money.  I spend 80-90 dollars a week on gasoline to drive back and forth to work (I drive approximately 100 miles a day) - I might spend that much in a month working from home.  I can get some decent insurance (medical, dental and vision) and would save me close to $200 a month on that as well.  There are a lot of pros to doing this - - - - but!  I am almost 50  years old and am NOT a risk taker (though I did pick up everything from INdiana and moved here to Louisiana without a job!).  I don't want to make the wrong decision, and am trying to be patient and wait on God to say something to me, but patience was never my strong area! LOL.  I haven't really talked to anyone about this yet,  but thought maybe ya'll would be a good place to air this out.  I don't know if this is one of God's blessings for me because I have been saying I wanted to work from home, or if the enemy is trying to move me out of my blessed place!  I need to make a decision by Monday if I am going to leave here and work full time for them. 

Maybe I need to pick up my hook this weekend and work on something - that might help me, calm me down and keep me from being stressed!!! 

That's a tough one.  It sounds like the client is an established business interest, not one that's just starting out.  Do they have other employees working out of their home?  I wonder if you could somehow find someone that knows more about working for them that way.  I have a friend whose husband works for a collections company and makes good money.  I don't think he works from home, though.  You don't want to risk making the wrong move; however, it's the same with any new job you decided to take.  I hope that whatever you decide works out for you :)

Sounds like your boy has a good - and brave! - head on his shoulders. Sharing the wishes that this will turn out to be a positive experience for him!

Honestly, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me! What are the concerns that you have? Is it just the idea of it being a start-up company? If an established client is going along with the new business, that seems like a good start. Would there be bad feelings at your current place about  your leaving, or would they understand that you're excited about a new opportunity? It sounds to me like you're seeing a LOT more pros with this new position than cons, which would lead me to say: go for it!  :cheer

Angel, I have your squares packed up so I can stop by the post office after work this afternoon, and I just noticed that your needed Squares list in your sig has groups of 3" squares AND one 3" square by itself - which is what I have packed up! :D I did one group of 3" squares, and then I was all frustrated AND had shiny bright yarn in my stash and so I did one more just for stress relief. I've gotta say, I'm sorta tempted to do an afghan made of all 3" squares now, because I think all the tiny color splotches are going to look so neat together. I can't wait to see yours when it's finished!

Sounds like your boy has a good - and brave! - head on his shoulders. Sharing the wishes that this will turn out to be a positive experience for him!

Honestly, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me! What are the concerns that you have? Is it just the idea of it being a start-up company? If an established client is going along with the new business, that seems like a good start. Would there be bad feelings at your current place about  your leaving, or would they understand that you're excited about a new opportunity? It sounds to me like you're seeing a LOT more pros with this new position than cons, which would lead me to say: go for it!  :cheer

Angel, I have your squares packed up so I can stop by the post office after work this afternoon, and I just noticed that your needed Squares list in your sig has groups of 3" squares AND one 3" square by itself - which is what I have packed up! :D I did one group of 3" squares, and then I was all frustrated AND had shiny bright yarn in my stash and so I did one more just for stress relief. I've gotta say, I'm sorta tempted to do an afghan made of all 3" squares now, because I think all the tiny color splotches are going to look so neat together. I can't wait to see yours when it's finished!

Most I believe will be happy.  The only one that may have an issue is the senior partner here.  He told me he wants me to stay, but like my supervisor told me, I have to do what is best for me.  Yes, the  part of it being a new lawfirm has me concerned, but they already have 25+ referrals from the business coming from where we are now, and all 300 files will be coming with us as well.  it isn't as if there won't be work to do.  I just have to make sure it is the "right" decision to make.

That a tough one.  It sounds like the client is an established business interest, not one that's just starting out.  Do they have other employees working out of their home?  I wonder if you could somehow find someone that knows more about working for them that way.  I have a friend whose husband works for a collections company and makes good money.  I don't think he works from home, though.  You don't want to risk making the wrong move; however, it's the same with any new job you decided to take.  I hope that whatever you decide works out for you :)

There are no other employees as of yet, it will be just the two attorneys and myself as of right now.  My brother works from home for an insurance company and I have a friend who works from home for a doctor.  I will see what the pros and cons are concerning home from them. 

Tough one! Think it through and do what your heart tells you is right! Good luck!!!

kuddles

Most I believe will be happy.  The only one that may have an issue is the senior partner here.  He told me he wants me to stay, but like my supervisor told me, I have to do what is best for me.  Yes, the  part of it being a new lawfirm has me concerned, but they already have 25+ referrals from the business coming from where we are now, and all 300 files will be coming with us as well.  it isn't as if there won't be work to do.  I just have to make sure it is the "right" decision to make.

About 10 years ago, my DH and I had a decision to make about a move.  The move would take us back to my hometown, back to where ALL my family is, my home church - everything I grew up knowing.  (DH's family lives in this town, as well.)  We wanted to make sure we were moving back for the right reasons - not because it's what we wanted, but what God wanted for us.  I got some sage advice from my Dad.  He told me that sometimes God isn't as concerned with where we are as much as he is with what we do while we're there. In order to avoid the risk of sounding preachy, I'll stop there.  Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk more.  I will certainly be praying for you as you try to make this decision, snowflake! :hug

Archived