Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh, now I want coffee and donuts, too...! Too bad I'm sick and shouldn't go out. In my fantasy world, DH has a phone so I can text him while he's out with the dog, and the dog is well-behaved around strangers so they could walk down to Dunkin' and he could tie her outside while getting me stuff without having her go ballistic! :lol

Ahhhh dreams are nice!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiffany, so glad they made it safe and sound.  You got a nice lot of squares there!  You're going to have a very pretty blanket when it's done!!!

You ladies are funny talking about DD and Dunkin Donuts! It took me a long time to adjust here to DD meaning dear daughter.  I've grown up with DD = Dunkin Donuts and I'm 56 yrs old, a bit to long in the tooth to change my ways, you know, :lol

Ann! I didn't realize we were the exact same age! We rock!

and you all need to STOP talking about DD = Dunkin Donuts cause now, you KNOW what I want! And ... I .... must....resist!

kuddles

I've never had a Dunkin' Donuts but now I want one! We have Krispy Creme donuts here though so that will have to do :D

Oh you are sooooo lucky Skoggy! I wish I had one close to me...sadly, the closest one I know of is about 100 miles away! :(  I don't even have a Dunkin' Doughnuts up here (which is actually fine, cuz I really don't like their doughnuts anyway. Lol). But oh! Krispy Cremes! I miss you so! I've been craving their glazed and chasing it with some iced chocolate cake ones. :D  Hhhmmmmm...I wonder if they would mail them to me via UPS?

Hehe...on another note, I got some of my patterns re-organized today. And, of all things, I lost the current doily pattern I'm working on. I had to re-download it. I'll print it out again later. :) 

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, and that you all have a great week ahead of you! :hug s for all!

Good Morning,

Today is officially the first day of spring break for me :yay  I need to finish up the grandkids Easter clothes and then I think I might do some crocheting, I was at Joann's last night and bought some really fun Deborah Norville yarn to use for squares. My daughter and son-in-law brought me a nice shelf with glass doors that they no longer need and I've been transfering my fabric stash to it, might add some yarn to it too. I've discovered fabrics that I forgot I had :blush , and oh the ideas that have been going through my head. Ok, enough rambling.

Have a great day everyone!

uh oh, i foresee another yarnie stash hide out coming soon!!!!!!

I hear ya about finding fabric you forgot you had! And yarn. After I buy more of the same yarn.

Oh well!

kuddles

yeah, but thing is, one can never have enough, right!

Be prepared ladies, I have lots of eye candy! :D 

First up, squares from AngelRoseLite ~ attachicon.gif883685_585235008161218_1685782513_o.jpg

Squares from cshort ~ attachicon.gif892484_585234778161241_660593762_o.jpgattachicon.gif901232_585236571494395_83994448_o.jpg

Squares from kuddles ~ attachicon.gif882046_585235328161186_1554143935_o.jpgattachicon.gif893169_585235111494541_682440301_o.jpg

And squares from grannyannie ~ attachicon.gif883345_585235418161177_770269340_o.jpg

Thank you ladies sooooo much! I love them! 

Of course, I am always running late as of late.. so sorry for the delay in posting! 

Did some reading of previous posts (chatty bunch we are!) and want to say Happy Belated Birthday Lacey! 

Congrats Skoggy on getting the internet back! 

Katy, love the idea you've got going on! Squares are such a great way to brighten anyone's day! 

Everyone else, happy thoughts, best wishes & :ghug 

eye candty galore!! wow, nice squares everyone!!

Hi ya, we have both dunkin donuts, and crispy cream and a whole lot of other donut shops, but my personal favorites are the Crispy creams! i don't think anyone else comes close! I get the raised chocolate iced, with sprinkles, everytime! Nothing else will do! :heart

We've never been big on Krispy Kreme in our house. Just too sugary for my husband, and not really different than the glazed donuts I was already used to for me. I hear that what you really have to do with them is go first thing in the morning and get them when they're fresh baked, but I don't think we have an actual bakery around us, just some grocery chains that carry (carried? been a while) the brand.

I like Dunkin' Donuts for its coffee, but it can be hit or miss. When it's a good location, it's GOOD coffee. If it's not a great store, it's eh. So I often stick with Wawa. I did discover that the DD down the street will give me cinnamon flavoring though, which I haven't found anywhere else so far....

eta: Oh, also I've totally been square crocheting like nuts this weekend; my life hasn't totally revolved around baked goods! ;)

I grew up with DD, not fond of Krispy cream. I used to work at a donut shop and loved coming in when they were making them! They just built a DD here in Baton Rouge but haven't gone yet. I love the fact though that we can by DD coffee at the store.

Well I have made my decision and have decided to leave my current position and work for the new firm. Not giving my notice quite yet cause my boss is known to get upset and just tell you to go home and not work your two weeks. I am excited and nervous. I believe this will be good for me and the lady that was living with me told me she is moving out so that is even more of a reason for me to do this.

Seen lots of eye candy and al loos yummy. Congrats to the puffy recipients. Hope everyone's week will be great and productive!

I have a dunkin donuts around the corner from my house.When DGD spends the night we go have donuts in the morning before we go to the playground. But her favorite time for dunkin donuts is at the rest area on the way to Disney World, as soon as we get on the turnpike she will ask, "When are we stopping for a Mickey donut?" I really like krispy kreme but the closest one is about 45 minutes away.

Wow did I stir up the Dunkin Donuts discussion? Oh yeah, I did when I said DD .....

Let me clarify: I typically do NOT like donuts. Too yeasty for me, gives my tummy issues. Now the cake donuts, especially the choc donut with choc frosting.....now you're talking! I only buy DD coffee...LOVE it! And no they don't make the donuts in house anymore, they bake elsewhere then bring them in. I've seen the truck pull up and they unload them, unprotected! As in no cover, just open to the world! What? Kind of turned me off of the donuts!

But I DO so love the coffee! It's a treat only since it costs a lot, and my bigger treat is to get their cream in it. I swear they put drugs in it to make you keep coming back!!!!!

Okay I'm done. Didn't want to miss out on the DD discussion!

Oh and today is the first official day of spring break, you know the one where I took the week off to be with my 8 yr old DD, and she woke up sick. Meh.

Take care all! I'll be on a roller coaster this week!

kuddles

Wow, congratulations, snowflake! That's very exciting! Best of luck to you! I haven't worked anywhere but start-ups and small companies and I have to say I love it. It's a lot of work when you only have so many employees but the variety and flexibility are great for me. It sounds like this will be a great opportunity, especially being able to work from home!

Cshort: Mickey donut! Aww! That's the kind of memory I hope to build for our little boy.

Hope DD feels better soon, Kuddles! Look at that, my phone auto-capitalizes your handle. At least she's got Mommy able to stay home with her when she's under the weather. When I'm home sick I'm always torn between wishing DH could stay home and coddle me, and being glad that no one's around to see me just lie on the couch and watch Netflix all day! :lol

I grew up with DD, not fond of Krispy cream. I used to work at a donut shop and loved coming in when they were making them! They just built a DD here in Baton Rouge but haven't gone yet. I love the fact though that we can by DD coffee at the store.

Well I have made my decision and have decided to leave my current position and work for the new firm. Not giving my notice quite yet cause my boss is known to get upset and just tell you to go home and not work your two weeks. I am excited and nervous. I believe this will be good for me and the lady that was living with me told me she is moving out so that is even more of a reason for me to do this.

Seen lots of eye candy and al loos yummy. Congrats to the puffy recipients. Hope everyone's week will be great and productive!

Good luck in your new phase of life!

kuddles

Wow, congratulations, snowflake! That's very exciting! Best of luck to you! I haven't worked anywhere but start-ups and small companies and I have to say I love it. It's a lot of work when you only have so many employees but the variety and flexibility are great for me. It sounds like this will be a great opportunity, especially being able to work from home!

Cshort: Mickey donut! Aww! That's the kind of memory I hope to build for our little boy.

Hope DD feels better soon, Kuddles! Look at that, my phone auto-capitalizes your handle. At least she's got Mommy able to stay home with her when she's under the weather. When I'm home sick I'm always torn between wishing DH could stay home and coddle me, and being glad that no one's around to see me just lie on the couch and watch Netflix all day! :lol

Thanks! All that will be on the TV today while she is resting is her shows.....I'm already going batty hearing it! We live in a small condo so no matter where I am, I am with her and hearing it! Good news with her laying down all day....I can organize my yarn closet and hopefully cut out my next purse to sew!

kuddles

hello, ack! Just wrote a nice post, and whoosh it is gone now, oh well.......

Nice eye candy found right here on the ville today, check here, you might wanna check that out, and join in if you like!! Such a nice job ladies, Kuddles, and bgs, and chsort have some on there, and they are ALL gorgeous!!

Thinking about after this week, giving away a couple bonus squares with a little somerthing extra, just for posting an pm'ng me!  More bout that later after the brunch, it will be a welcome spring bonus puffy or two!!!!!!!

Ill be back later, gonna go and do some work, dusting and such!! Those pesky dust bunnies, multiply like, well, bunnies!!!    AND THERE  IS ONLY ONE BUNNY that is welcome in my home this time of year, lol  :rabbit              

hello, ack! Just wrote a nice post, and whoosh it is gone now, oh well.......

Nice eye candy found right here on the ville today, check here, you might wanna check that out, and join in if you like!! Such a nice job ladies, Kuddles, and bgs, and chsort have some on there, and they are ALL gorgeous!!

Thinking about after this week, giving away a couple bonus squares with a little somerthing extra, just for posting an pm'ng me!  More bout that later after the brunch, it will be a welcome spring bonus puffy or two!!!!!!!

Ill be back later, gonna go and do some work, dusting and such!! Those pesky dust bunnies, multiply like, well, bunnies!!!    AND THERE  IS ONLY ONE BUNNY that is welcome in my home this time of year, lol  :rabbit              

Thanks! How could I say no to Mary Jo who is such a wonderful giving person! I already had squares made up from all the CALs I belong to on ravelry so whoosh! They were on their way!

How fun of you to do a bonus giveaway! Very generous of you! This is why we loves ya!

I've now been listening to The Fresh Beat Band for 2 full  hours. At least it keeps her on the couch! I will be completely batty at 3:05 pm. Just so you know!

kuddles

Speaking of giveaways... I'm just about to post my first giveaway. :) Its called "Skoggy's Cuddley Giveaway". I'm going to do one once a month. As many of you know, I love making Ami's / Cuddley things and I've been thinking about holding my own monthly giveaways for a while now. So, keep your eyes peeled... post coming in the next 30mins or so. :cheer

EDIT: It's up!!! :D

Thanks! How could I say no to Mary Jo who is such a wonderful giving person! I already had squares made up from all the CALs I belong to on ravelry so whoosh! They were on their way!

How fun of you to do a bonus giveaway! Very generous of you! This is why we loves ya!

I've now been listening to The Fresh Beat Band for 2 full  hours. At least it keeps her on the couch! I will be completely batty at 3:05 pm. Just so you know!

kuddles

The Fresh Beat Band is so much fun, but I can see how 2 hours of it could be problem. :loco

The Fresh Beat Band is so much fun, but I can see how 2 hours of it could be problem. :loco

I had to you tube them, not hard to see there are no little ones here, lol     I quickly bleeped them out!! Hope she feels much better soon, so you can enjoy your time off together!

Batty ain't all that bad!! Just sayin!!          lol

Yup, good thing cause actually I've been batty for years!

Speaking of giveaways... I'm just about to post my first giveaway. :) Its called "Skoggy's Cuddley Giveaway". I'm going to do one once a month. As many of you know, I love making Ami's / Cuddley things and I've been thinking about holding my own monthly giveaways for a while now. So, keep your eyes peeled... post coming in the next 30mins or so. :cheer

EDIT: It's up!!! :D

How exciting! I'll check it out!

Ended up being 3 hours, a;lsidur a;ouetas  oh sorry fell on the keyboard.

I had to you tube them, not hard to see there are no little ones here, lol     I quickly bleeped them out!! Hope she feels much better soon, so you can enjoy your time off together!

Thanks!

Archived