Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the new babies!!!!

Congrats Tonya for being the new Queen!  I will  see what you are wanting, look through my stash, and then let ya know how many I can pledge!

Well, I am working LOTS of overtime before I leave my job here.  Preparing all these files (300+, I believe) to be transferred over the the lawfirm I am going to be working for.  So, gonna grab all  I can.  I am hoping that next weekend when I go to my family reunion (the first one I have been able to go to in, oh I would say, about 25 years), I will just stay the night at a hotel instead of driving back (it is about 4 hours away).  If I do that, I am taking my yarn and gonna crochet!  I am bound and determined to finish something!!! LOL

Hi all, just a note to you all before bedtime, Im tired tonight, been taking alka seltzer for this cold my dear darling daughter passed onto me the other day, and it works on the coughing and congestion, and makes me a bit tired too, so it's all good, lol.....Hope you all had a nice evening, I just finsihed changing my bed, me needs clean sheets, always makes me feel better when I have a cold!! and of course, dancing with the stars was eliminating one tonight so off and on glanced at that, won't give it away for those that may have recorded it for watching later, but the one that left, didn't strike me as though he or she had his or her heart in it , sooo, he or she is now gone....

question for you all, :think  on your settings for new content, what do you chose it to show you, i have mine set on new content since my last visit, those other settings screw me up, lol Just asking, and then I usually go to first unread post, how bout you all....Just curious, I think Im part cat after all, lol You know what they say, curiosity killed the poor cat, but I hear tell, satisfaction, brought her back!!!!!!!! :cat meow!

Night all, turning in to watch some boring night tv, till i fall gently into slumber, and until i am awakened once more, but that tickle in my throat!! check ya all out as my dd used to say when she was two,   At Morro* for tomorrow,*  so see you at morro!!

:manyheart

Hello everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to log back in. I'm still in the hospital, as is Baby Bug. My sissy sent me a message earlier letting me know everyone wanted to know her name, so here it is: Jasmine Akosha! :c9

Thank you Sissy for not spilling the beans for me! :manyheart 

And thank you to everyone who has posted about Jasmine! You ladies are absolutely wonderful! :ghug

But, I need to get off here and try to get some sleep. Hope everyone is having a great week! Super :hug s for all!

Hello everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to log back in. I'm still in the hospital, as is Baby Bug. My sissy sent me a message earlier letting me know everyone wanted to know her name, so here it is: Jasmine Akosha! :c9

And thank you to everyone who has posted about Jasmine! You ladies are absolutely wonderful! :ghug

But, I need to get off here and try to get some sleep. Hope everyone is having a great week! Super :hug s for all!

Beautiful name!  I hope you were able to get some sleep.  Thanks for taking the time to update us.  Thank God for mobile Internet, huh?   :lol

Good night, everyone, :)

Hi all, just a note to you all before bedtime, Im tired tonight, been taking alka seltzer for this cold my dear darling daughter passed onto me the other day, and it works on the coughing and congestion, and makes me a bit tired too, so it's all good, lol.....Hope you all had a nice evening, I just finsihed changing my bed, me needs clean sheets, always makes me feel better when I have a cold!! and of course, dancing with the stars was eliminating one tonight so off and on glanced at that, won't give it away for those that may have recorded it for watching later, but the one that left, didn't strike me as though he or she had his or her heart in it , sooo, he or she is now gone....

question for you all, :think  on your settings for new content, what do you chose it to show you, i have mine set on new content since my last visit, those other settings screw me up, lol Just asking, and then I usually go to first unread post, how bout you all....Just curious, I think Im part cat after all, lol You know what they say, curiosity killed the poor cat, but I hear tell, satisfaction, brought her back!!!!!!!! :cat meow!

Night all, turning in to watch some boring night tv, till i fall gently into slumber, and until i am awakened once more, but that tickle in my throat!! check ya all out as my dd used to say when she was two,   At Morro* for tomorrow,*  so see you at morro!!

:manyheart

Hope you feel better! I just got over a horrible cold and now another one is going around! Little K and I have a wedding to go to friday so I do NOT want to get sick!

Feel better!

Hi and such a pretty name! Hugs and love to you and your family!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hope all that are sick feel better soon!!!  Get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids.  Thanking God that I haven't been sick in a while.  Growing up I was ALWAYS sick.  Maybe God thinks I have been sick enough to last me the rest of my life!!!

Katiebug, I love the name but gotta question.  Where does Akosha come from?  Is it a family name and does it have special meaning?  Just kinda curious.  Shoot, it may even be your last name, I don't know!  LOL

I didn't get out of church until midnight last night so wasn't able to go through my stash and see what I have as far as squares already done and colors I have.  Planning on working lots of OT for the next few days and then Saturday will be a day I stay home and study as I am on the schedule for Sunday morning service of bringing the Word.  If I get to a point where I am stuck, I will go through everything and make some squares to send out.

Be blessed everyone on today!!!

Good morning all! Thought I would log in, and this time, try doing it before 1 am...lol. :D 

@Angel, no mobil, I took our laptop to the hospital with us since they have wi-fi LOL :clap Which is perfect for me, looking at patterns and whatnot while Baby rests.

@Snowflake and Pineknott, her middle name, is actually ,traditionally, spelled Akasha, but I had to change it up a little! :D  Her daddy picked it out, he had heard it in Queen of the Damned or Interview With a Vampire...some movie like that. lol. And he just really liked the name. I forget its actually meaning, having been traced back I don't remember how far. Somewhere around ancient Rome or Egypt...I forget. I'll find the link one of us has saved and post it here, going into (I want to say) the meaning and origins of the name. :D 

But, I'm going to get off here for now and snuggle little Miss Jasmine some more! I hope everyone has a great day and takes care!     :hug s for all!

Jasmine - such a beautiful name. I hope you are enjoying your "baby"moon.

Been going through the list and deciding who is getting some squares soon. Our 2 new mums, our smashing Square Mistress, and a couple more of "any colour" ladies.

I'm so happy to be finally getting my stash in order. I've even had to order another set of storage drawers for yarn. Will bedroom no 3 stay as my craft room or will I have to give it up for Baby Isabel in a couple of months... eek! But but but... my craftroom :(:lol

Beautiful 'ghan!!! 

Just out of curiosity, how many people are edging their squares in one color before stitching them together? I'm on the fence, now that I've seen some non-edged afghans that look amazing, and also since it took me FOREVER to edge the fifteen 12" squares for a comfortghan I'm putting together!

I have edged all of my squares in black.  I just wanted the colors to pop a little more.  I also have 4 that are bigger that the rest, and I have no idea how I'm going to work them in .. anyone have any advice?

Here she is! Baby Bug has landed!

She's very beautiful!!

Congrats to Tonyal!  I will pledge at least 2 squares.  I have one already made.  I'll be mailing them out next Wednesday.

Black will look really cool! I bought some light blue RHSS a while ago with the intent of edging my squares before putting them together, I'm just on the fence! Thankfully my 'ghan is only a little over halfway there, so I have time to make up my mind! :)

I have edged all of my squares in black.  I just wanted the colors to pop a little more.  I also have 4 that are bigger that the rest, and I have no idea how I'm going to work them in .. anyone have any advice?

And Kim, I just saw in your signature that you have 3 Pugs--I have 2 Boston Terriers, so we definitely share a common interest when it comes to smushy-faced little dogs! :)

Hello all....I read every day but it's usually just before bed or sneak a quick look from work or at a stoplight on my iPhone. You ladies are such busy, chatty little things I can never keep up with the on-goings. Dh is busy at work until late so I've been getting in some wonderful crochet time!

I love the finished afghan!! It's soo beautiful!  :cheer  I can't wait to see more of them!!! 

Congrats Mommy.....Jasmine is gorgeous!! Such a lucky little girl  :hug

Mandy I am glad you are back around and life has evened out for you. 

hello fellow squares!!

Snowflake, are you a minister??

Lovely name for the new little lady. I wonder what Jessicali named her new baby girl......

Im recovering, but it's slow going with this dang cold or whatever it is.....Tired of being sick and tired, lol

Such nice days on the way, staying above freezing day AND night now, which seems to be bringing the frost out of the ground! Gonna see buds coming up pretty soon, Im betting!

We haven't heard from out new queen yet, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, lol Ill pm her today,some people can't get on, something like work, or school or life gets in their way!! Hate it when that happens!!

Ok, checking out my diet 7 up supply, got it, soups, got um, kleenex, that's a go, soda crackers, yep, warm blankee, check, and tv remote, Im good to go......Seeyou all in a matter of hours!!!!!!!!!!! :manyheart (plpp plopp fizz fizz)

katy ~ I think Jessica said somewhere that her new baby girl's name is Rosalie Claire. I think it's such a pretty name. I love that some of the older names are becoming more popular again...

I have been working on squares for some ravelry CAL's that I participate in. I just about have March's squares finished. These squares are for an afghan for me.  They're all made of scrap yarn so they don't really have a color theme. Hopefully that will give them character. LOL

I plan to get down to business early next week on squares for our new queen. I already had one finished and ready to put in the mail when I found out she is our queen this month so I'll be saving that one now until I have the others I plan to do for her finished. Sometimes lacking punctuality pays off...  :/

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I have felt under the weather this week and had a funeral to go to yesterday so the week has been something of a roller coaster for me - but such is life, I guess!

I better go. My congested head is telling me that I need to go to bed. G'nite, all!

Hello everyone,

First I want to say I am sorry it took so long for me to claim my beautiful crown, I have been working a bunch and doing it on midnights sometimes gets my days mixed up. I am super excited to be the Queen this month, and and overwhelmed by the amount of squares already pledged. I can not wait to start putting them all together.

to catch up on a few posts,

congrats on the new bug :) and skoglett

my prayers are going out to those that asked. (sorry my quote didnt work )

I am heading out of town tomorrow evening for a robotics competition for my boys but will be checking in from my phone, so please excuse any typos. I am packing yarn for squares to make while sitting in the stands

again thanks for the honor.

Archived