Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I spent the entire day doing nothing. Well, nothing that I should have done! I should have done laundry and vacuumed. Instead I went for a long walk and knit and crocheted all day.

I made two kids hats and a scarf for Kiyo's homeless charity, and have a second scarf nearly finished.

As I am cleaning the basement, I am finding a lot of yarn that I bought and never used. A lot of it is novelty yarn, and hard to crochet with. I found that if I use a strand of another yarn with it, I can do simple stitches. So I used two skeins of it up today on the hats.

My mom is not doing any better. They moved her to a larger hospital this past Thursday and the plan is to biopsy the masses in her brain next week. My brother says mom agreed to this and I don't doubt it. I think we would all like a definite diagnosis, even if it is bad. The neuro -surgeon does not think it is multiple sclerosis. He believes the masses are tumors of some sort.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Hope Cam had a good week at camp. I hope your enjoying your little get away to.

Joanne, I was there when Payton, Jocelyn and Maya was born. It was great to be able to hold them shortly after birth. I got to feed Maya to. That's a nice blanket and a real pretty square.

Linda, So good to see you! Sorry your having problems with your bp. Take care! The stockings are lovely. There going to love having them.

Tam, That is wonderful news about Ken! Prayers will continue for all of you. When Maya and I get mosquito bites I use desitin (you use for babies) I use it for bee stings to. I get an infection from bee stings if I don't use it. Maybe it will help Michael.

Cindy, I hope your family gets the answers you need with your Mom. It's not easy no matter what the results are. Keeping your family in my prayers.

Wrennie, :hugSo sorry to hear about Marton! Were all here for you if you need us.

Judy, I have to go back and check out your petghan.

Trish, Hope your shoulder is doing better.

Toni, You've been getting a lot of crocheting done. Congrats on all you finishes.

Kiyo, Glad your feeling better! Lots of games keeping you guys busy.

Mary, Maya is doing good. I'm teaching her how to write her letters. They want her to know how to write them when she goes to kindregarten. Makes me wonder what is the teacher going to teach.

Were going to get some Texas weather for the next week. Not going to be much fun.

Marissa, Good luck on your packing and your move and opening your own office. You'll be very successful!

Hubby went back to the doctor and he got a new pain medicine twice. The first prescription came with an 80.00 co-pay and I said no. Called the doctor and got a different one and it had a generic and cost 10.00's. It's a patch and it last 3 days. So far it is working pretty good. The sun doesn't do him to well but he doesn't have any pain. He went for a catscan yesterday. I really hope it shows something so we can get it fixed.

Like Cindy said it was quite hot here today. But I sat outside all day. Maya played outside and in and out of the water. Hubby played with her in the water. I was cleaning up my computer. A lot of deleting and a lot more to do.

A friend of mine is in the hospital she's been there a week. She has pancreaitis, pneumonia, a lung collasped, a feeding tube, she is on a dialaysis machine and her liver was starting to shut down. She went in they found the pancreaitis and her liver and kidneys were shutting down so they flew her from a small town hospital to a big city hospital. She just developed pneumonia and her lung collasped. They were going to try and take the feeding tube out yesterday, I don't know if they were able to or not. Debbie and I were friends in high school. Now my sister and her are friends. My nephew and her son went to school together. She lost her husband about 10 years ago and has told my sister quite often that she misses him so much. My sister is quite worried about her with her being this sick that she might just give up. If you would put her in your prayers we all would appreciate it.

DD is here and going to be with us until tuesday she has a meeting to go to for work.

Maya has found a craft she can do. I got her some elastic bead cord and we had the beads she is making jewelry. She made her Mom a purple and blue bracelet, mine is red, white and blue, herself an ankle bracelet, and her sister a necklace (theres is many colors). The beads are acrylic see through. Grandpa puts super glue on the end of the elastic and I knot them for her.

Tomorrow is my sons birthday. He'll be 36. The years just fly by. Glad it is him getting older not me. lol

I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow! Sorry if I missed anyone!

Here's a picture of the Christmas stockings.

Gorgeous :manyheart So glad to see your post :hug :hug We were all very worried about you :hug

Knock! Knock! Can I come in the house? A few of you know me and some of you have heard my name mentioned lately. It's time to introduce myself to the rest of you. I'm Phyllis from Central Jersey, and I've been crocheting forever. My computer skills are not as good as my crochet skills, so please be patient with me while I'm learning. C'ville is a bit overwhelming so far, but I'm looking forward to meeting those of you I dont know already.

Joanne, am I doing this right so far?

:welcome Phyllis, definitely doing it right :D:yay:clap I'm so glad you came out of hiding :lol

I like that blanket...and the pictures of both blanket and square don't do justice to how great they look - and feel - in person!

I totally agree, the picture does not do it justice at all :no

So, I've had a long day. Lots of traffic on my way back, made some stops along the way. By the time I was getting home, I had enough time to unpack my car before my parents got here. We went out to eat and did some more running. Came home, took a nap, me and my mom just ran to pick up my bro a cheesesteak and am now waiting to leave for the airport. Their flight is delayed until 12:45 so we'll be leaving soon so we can be just outside security when they come out :bounce:clap:yay

I'm soooo excited :bounce

So about our meetup :D Joanne and Judy got me a travel starbucks coffee mug :manyheart And I brought the little purse I just tested to show them, I'll share a pic but don't have time now....I did already post it in the testers thread. But there was little girl there that just loved it, so I let her have it :yes I think she made my day as much as I did hers :yes:manyheart

OK, pops ready to go so I'll see y'all tomorrow

So, I've had a long day. Lots of traffic on my way back, made some stops along the way. By the time I was getting home, I had enough time to unpack my car before my parents got here. We went out to eat and did some more running. Came home, took a nap, me and my mom just ran to pick up my bro a cheesesteak and am now waiting to leave for the airport. Their flight is delayed until 12:45 so we'll be leaving soon so we can be just outside security when they come out :bounce:clap:yay

I'm soooo excited :bounce

So about our meetup :D Joanne and Judy got me a travel starbucks coffee mug :manyheart And I brought the little purse I just tested to show them, I'll share a pic but don't have time now....I did already post it in the testers thread. But there was little girl there that just loved it, so I let her have it :yes I think she made my day as much as I did hers :yes:manyheart

OK, pops ready to go so I'll see y'all tomorrow

The little girl that Marisa gave the little purse too was so adorable. She was wearing a cute dress and had the cutest hat on!!! She came up to our table and asked "what are you knitting?" She was given her first lesson in the difference between knitting and crocheting-2 pointy sticks vs one hook :lol:lol She asked Marisa about the purse. Marisa w/out skipping a beat asked her if she wanted it. She was on :c9 when Marisa gave it to her!!!

Marisa- Sorry you hit traffic on the way back- but I'm soooo sooooo happy that I got to see you one more time before your exciting adventure out to Pitt!!!!:hug:hug Hopefully, the plane was not delayed much more than 12:45 AM---you already had a very long day!!!!

Good morning House!

Marlene- It was great to see your post. I'm happy that the patch seems to be helping DH with the pain and hopefully the CT scan results will show what is ailing him!!! You must be having such a good time with Maya!!!

I had to chuckle when you said that you have to teach her letters before she can start kindergarten!!!:think Isn't that why children to school- to be taught the alphabet, how to read, write, arithmetic (I'm really dating myself with that term---I guess it's called Math now:lol).

How fun for her to be making bracelets for everyone!! My girls enjoyed all kinds of crafts growing up- and I loved how busy it kept them!!!;)

Wrennie- Thinking about you and sending some :hug

Tab- Was thinking of you the other day and wondering how are you feeling? How's school, the boys and DH? Are you going to find out the sex of the new baby?

Up early as usual- but that's ok- I do love the quiet of the house- early morning coffee....and NOT having to get ready for work!!!:yes

Marisa, I'm so sorry about the traffic....:(

..and you definitely DID make that little girl's day! She was so poised and sweet - you were an angel for giving her the bag.

My mom is not doing any better. They moved her to a larger hospital this past Thursday and the plan is to biopsy the masses in her brain next week. My brother says mom agreed to this and I don't doubt it. I think we would all like a definite diagnosis, even if it is bad. The neuro -surgeon does not think it is multiple sclerosis. He believes the masses are tumors of some sort.

Aw, Cindy:hug:hug:hug:hug

Morning all!

Will be going to church and taking goodies with me this morning, then home to stuff the Cornish hens with wild rice and mushrooms and stick them in oven and watch races and crochet. That about says it all. DD is off today.

Cindy, continued prayers for your mom. And good on you taking the day to just relax and crochet and knit.

Joanne, glad your Yankees won! :yay My guy won the Nationwide race, it was his 100th win and puts him in the league with Richard Petty and he tied the Nationwide wins of 49 with Mark Martin :cheer :cheer He's an awesome driver. He didn't race in truck races because they were in different location.

Marlene, so good to see your post. Glad the pain patch is working for DH and putting your friend in my prayers.

Marisa, that is awesome that you gave that little girl the purse. I bet it did make your day. Funny about teaching her the difference between one stick and two :lol

Judy, morning and have a great day with the furbabies. How is miss Lucy doing these days?

Okay, off and running for the day! TTYL and :hug :hug :hug and :heart :heart :heart to EVERYONE!

Have fun playing with your yarn, Mary!!!

It's a beautiful day here- sunny and lo humidity--perfect- I've been outside on the deck and started a simple shrug from the Lion Brand site with Homespun.

I finished the Bubbles Baby Blanket (pattern from Deneen St Amour) - I'll be giving it to one of my co-workers- who is having a boy. I used Stylecraft Special DK yarn - 2 strands together- L hook-

Oh, I got a beautiful square for my friendship ghan from Judy's friend Phyllis (who recently joined the Ville under the name foofoophyl!!!) I now have as many squares as I need!!!:clap

Very pretty!

Knock! Knock! Can I come in the house? A few of you know me and some of you have heard my name mentioned lately. It's time to introduce myself to the rest of you. I'm Phyllis from Central Jersey, and I've been crocheting forever. My computer skills are not as good as my crochet skills, so please be patient with me while I'm learning. C'ville is a bit overwhelming so far, but I'm looking forward to meeting those of you I dont know already.

Joanne, am I doing this right so far?

:welcome:flowerYou're doing fine!

I spent the entire day doing nothing. Well, nothing that I should have done! I should have done laundry and vacuumed. Instead I went for a long walk and knit and crocheted all day.

I made two kids hats and a scarf for Kiyo's homeless charity, and have a second scarf nearly finished.

As I am cleaning the basement, I am finding a lot of yarn that I bought and never used. A lot of it is novelty yarn, and hard to crochet with. I found that if I use a strand of another yarn with it, I can do simple stitches. So I used two skeins of it up today on the hats.

Sorry about mom. :hug

Hi Ladies,

Wrennie, :hugSo sorry to hear about Marton! Were all here for you if you need us.

TY :hug

Hubby went back to the doctor and he got a new pain medicine twice. The first prescription came with an 80.00 co-pay and I said no. Called the doctor and got a different one and it had a generic and cost 10.00's. It's a patch and it last 3 days. So far it is working pretty good. The sun doesn't do him to well but he doesn't have any pain. He went for a catscan yesterday. I really hope it shows something so we can get it fixed.

Hope he gets fixed( :think that didn't exactly come out right, did it?)

A friend of mine is in the hospital she's been there a week. She has pancreaitis, pneumonia, a lung collasped, a feeding tube, she is on a dialaysis machine and her liver was starting to shut down. She went in they found the pancreaitis and her liver and kidneys were shutting down so they flew her from a small town hospital to a big city hospital. She just developed pneumonia and her lung collasped. They were going to try and take the feeding tube out yesterday, I don't know if they were able to or not. Debbie and I were friends in high school. Now my sister and her are friends. My nephew and her son went to school together. She lost her husband about 10 years ago and has told my sister quite often that she misses him so much. My sister is quite worried about her with her being this sick that she might just give up. If you would put her in your prayers we all would appreciate it.

Prayers for your friend.

Good morning House!

Wrennie- Thinking about you and sending some :hug

:hug thanks.

have a great day everyone.

Good morning everybody, and thanks for the warm welcome. Today is bear surgery day for me. I've been making body parts, and today is the day they all get attached to their proper owners - hopefully :lol

Marisa, I'll be thinking of you during the next couple of hectic weeks - don't know where you get all the energy to keep up with it all.

Hope you all have a great day and try to stay cool.

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸Good Morning¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Hope all is well with everyone!!!! I know things are good here! Thank you all so very much for your love … prayers and congrats concerning Ken! Its definitely happy days here!

Well… I’ve fallen way behind on posts due to the District Tournament Patricks team is hosting and playing in. So I’ll do my best to catch up with you all.

Judy… I love that you and the other ladies can meet up.. that is so darn cool!

Cindy… darlin’…. :hug love you sweetie. Thinkin’ about you always and continue to pray for you.. .your mom and family!

Linda honey……….take care of yourself! I’m prayin’ for your health! I just love those stockings you make!!!

Joanne…… I’m so glad you had such a nice meet up with the other ladies!!! Love the blanket … and that square you got is really neat!

Welcome Phyllis………. Nice to have you here! This is a great group of ladies… you are going to have a lot of fun!

My name is Tammy.. I am married to the best guy in the world… have 6 wonderful kids…. 3 grown and on their own.. 3 still at home. I have 8 beautiful grandbabies!! I LOVE coffee and crocheting! J

Marlene….. praying praying praying! My goodness! :hug

Marisa………… you’re an angel! What a sweet thing to do……. Giving that little girl that purse! :hug

Julie…………. :hug… thinkin’ of ya!

So…….. Patrick pitched a great game yesterday! They Won again last night!!!

post-18634-135897677345_thumb.jpg

Their team fell into the loser bracket the first game … but have been fighting very well to get back out of it!

Okay… need to tend to some laundry…. We have ball games later this afternoon/evening. You all have a GREAT day!!

:heart

:mug

Morning Ladies,

Phyllis, I don't I welcomed you sorry! :welcome glad we get to meet you to! I'm married to a good guy! Mom to 2 adults (a son and a daughter) and stepmom to a daughter. We have 8 grandkids.

We take care of are youngest GD Maya full time until school starts. She is five. We love having her here! She is like are own but don't tell the rest of my family. She loves doing things with both hubby and I so it sure makes it a lot of fun having her around.

Marisa, How sweet of you to give the little girl the purse. Enjoy your time with your family. I have to make a purse for Jocelyn. I gave Maya the one my Grandma made for DD. Jocelyn asked for one to so I have to look up the pattern.

Tam, :cheerPatrick's team on.

We have company coming today. Hubby's brother, sister in-law and 2 of there GD's are coming. I made potato salad earlier and took burgers out for the grill.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Stay cool if you can.

Good morning again!!

Cindy- I hope that they can find out exactly what is going on with your Mom and I've added her to my prayer list!

Toni- That's great about your driver- it is exciting when the person/team you are rooting for wins!!! Enjoy the rest of your day---and let me tell you- your dinner sounds divine!! I love cornish hens--and haven't made them in a while!!!

Judy- Have a good day and stay cool--- although today is ok-- the humidity is going to be back tomorrow:( How was DH's birthday dinner at Outback?

Wrennie- I'm glad to see you post- :hug:hug:hug:hug! Hugs, Hugs, and more hugs to you!

Phyllis- You'll have to let us know how bear surgery goes today.....I just love that bear you showed us yesterday!!!! He was just toooo cute!!!

Tammy- Have fun at the games and :cheer Go Patrick's Team:cheer:cheer:cheer

Off to go buy some ice cream to have later to celebrate National Ice Cream Day!!!!

Marlene- Sounds like you have a very nice day planned today-- enjoy- and I love homemade potato salad, but don't make it anymore since DH doesn't eat mayonnaise!! It's just too much for me to make it for only me.

Here come the bears!

Wow- they are all just so cute!!! Looks like surgery went well!!!:tup And look at you posting pictures here already!!! You are a pro at this Phyllis!!!!

I absolutely :manyheart those bears!!!!!

Good Morning, House. :)

Phyllis ~ :welcome We're so glad you're here!

Joanne ~ Your baby ghan is so pretty - don't you love the Stylecraft yarn? The square is lovely.:clap

Toni ~ WTG on nearly finishing the flannelghan. :cheer Can't wait to see pictures of that and the diaper bag! We love Cornish Game hens and have them about once a month...I usually use rice and mushroom stuffing, too. :yes

Cindy ~ Wow! You got lots of crocheting done this weekend.:hook I sure hope they can make a diagnosis for your mom soon. :hug

Marlene ~ Maya sounds like a crafter already! I think that's great that she's interested in making things so early. I'm glad your DH's pain is a little better for now. Prayers and positive thoughts from me for your friend. :hug

Tam ~ :cheer Cheers for Patrick's team! Is today the last day of the tournament?

Wrennie ~ I was so happy to see your post. :manyheart I hope you're doing okay. :hug

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :waving

I made one of the fish washcloths yesterday...so much fun and so cute! The ILTCotton is incredibly soft and easy to work with. Can't wait to make more!

Joanne ~ Your baby ghan is so pretty - don't you love the Stylecraft yarn? The square is lovely.:clap

I made one of the fish washcloths yesterday...so much fun and so cute! The ILTCotton is incredibly soft and easy to work with. Can't wait to make more!

Thanks- yes, I do love the Stylecraft yarn--wish they made it here in the US- but at least I can get it with free shipping from Deramores.

the square was from Phyllis- her crochet work is beautiful!!!!:manyheart

So, will you post a pic of the fish washcloth??? Please????:hook

Hello everyone. We've been to church and then spent an hour visiting with the inlaws. Its hot here, but not terribly humid. I think its going to be another afternoon spent crocheting. I plan to get the scarf I started yesterday fuinished and maybe make another hat. I'm not making much of a dent in the yarn yet, so I'll have to keep at it.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers for my mom. I really appreciate them.

Wrennie, so happy to hear from you. :hug:manyheart:hug

Marlene, sure hope they figure out whats going on with hubby soon. Glad the pain medicine is helping him. Prayers for your friend too. Pancreatitis is a terrible disease.

Phyllis, it looks like you have figured out everything you need to know to post here, even pictures. Those bears are adorable. I forgot to say what a beautiful square you made for Joanne too.

Marisa, your giving that purse to that little girl was such a sweet thing to do. (I am not surprised that you gave it to her though!)

Joanne, your babyghan is really nice. I've never used (or even seen ) stylecraft yarn. The color combination reminds me of a shawl I made out of homespun 2 or 3 years ago.

Mary, looking forward to seeing your fish washcloth. DD just redecorated the boys bathroom in a fish theme now I'm getting ideas.......

Tam, are things ever going to slow down for you? WTG to Patrick for his terrific pitching.

Thanks for all the compliments. But don't assume I can post messages and pictures very well on my own. Once my technical assistant goes to work in tne morning, I'm lost.

Mary, are you crocheting the fish washcloths? I usually knit mine just for practice. Do we have any knitters here?

Oh, Cindy. I hope they get some answers from the biopsy. Not knowing is so hard. :hug :hug :hug Keeping you all in my prayers.

Here come the bears!

Oh, WOW!!! Those are absolutely gogeous! Wonderful work.

Hi again!

Phyllis ~ No, I don't knit. :blush Years ago, I took lessons, spent a fortune on supplies and got half way through a sweater, though. :lol We have some wonderful knitters in the group!

Cindy ~ Good for you for using your stash..I need to do the same thing! It's just so much fun to buy new yarn for a new project. ;)

Hi Linda! I hope you're feeling much better. :manyheart

Here is my first fish washcloth - from this pattern. I used ILTCotton in Aqua Ombre and it's 6 1/2 by 9 1/2 inches. The scarf is Vanna's Oatmeal in a hdc ribbed pattern. It's approximately 5 1/2 by 66 inches.

post-10699-135897677702_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897677718_thumb.jpg

Archived