Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Wrennie:hug:hug

Toni, Miss Lucy refuses to be penned in, so she has the run of the downstairs - but if we can't watch her she's put in her crate....and if Sparkie needs a break, she's in the back 2 rooms with me. I think I figured out how to stop her from pulling the baby gate out of the doorway...involves moving a kitchen chair...

Gotta watch her like a hawk!:lol

Here is my first fish washcloth - from this pattern. I used ILTCotton in Aqua Ombre and it's 6 1/2 by 9 1/2 inches. The scarf is Vanna's Oatmeal in a hdc ribbed pattern. It's approximately 5 1/2 by 66 inches.

Thanks so much for the pattern link! I love it! My fish may be psychedelic when I make it, though:lol

And that's a great idea for a scarf...I can use more stash and send some scarves to Kiyo....

Here come the bears!

Oh, Phyllis, I LOVE the bright colors!!!!! Great job:clap

Tam, you "sound" so happy!:)

Off I go for the night....CU all tomorrow.;)

Cindy and Judy ~ Thank you!

Nice work, Mary! And I know all about the fun of buying new yarn. I'm running out of space to store it in my sewing room, so I have yarn all over.

:lol Thankfully, my sewing room is upstairs...out of sight. ;)

Judy ~ Your Lucy stories bring back memories. :D Creativity sure helps with being a Mom. :yes I still keep one gate up - it's closed only when I need to know exactly where Miss Gracie is. :)

Dh is grilling fish for dinner...store bought as usual. :lol

Love the fish and the scarf Mary!!!

Cindy- I agree- I love the fun of buying new yarn too---as evidenced by my recent purchases on clearance yarn!! Running out of space here----LOL

Judy- Glad that you figured out how to keep Lucy from opening the gate!!

Off for the night!!! Morning will here before I want it to be!!

Morning :yawn Just checking in before I start my work day.

Phyllis, absolutely :heart those bears!!! They are so colorful and cheerful!

I know how to knit, just don't choose to and gave all my knitting stuff to my friend in OK who started back knitting.

Mary, love the :fish and scarf. Good job. I just love working with cotton.

Wrennie :hug :hug and :love :love so glad to see you.

Mary, love the fish washcloth. Good job.

Tam, way to go Patrick :cheer :cheer :cheer Glad things are so happy there!

Joanne, what flavor ice cream did you get to celebrate National Ice Cream day?

Marlene, potatoe salad and burgers, what a great summer family afternoon you have planned.

Cindy, darn another afternoon of :crocheting, how horrible :lol Buying yarn, one of my favorite things to do as evidenced by the buying of the 1/2 off Peaches and Cream :lol

Well, I'm off to check another couple of threads before logging on to work. Have a great day everyone! TTYL

Hey ladies :hi

I have to be quick so I don't get behind for work. I think this is the only thread that I am current in right now and will catch up with the rest later.

So we picked up my bro's family and stopped by my place to let them eat cheesesteaks, they were so wound up and excited. The kids are so cute, and so well mannered. My bro on the other hand is just weird. Apparently Disney movies are too violent for them to watch :think Anyhoo, we got to my parents at 4:30 am. I napped until 8:30 and woke up one to use the bathroom. So I layed down to take a nap around 8 pm and woke up at 3:30 this morning. As I was getting ready, I heard my dad moving around so waited for him to come down until I left. Drove back to Philly and showered and here I am. But now I gotta run.

Great bears Phyllis and very cute fish washcloth Mary (and scarf too) :manyheart

Joanne, I'll get that RHSS color for you later.

Here is my first fish washcloth - from this pattern. I used ILTCotton in Aqua Ombre and it's 6 1/2 by 9 1/2 inches. The scarf is Vanna's Oatmeal in a hdc ribbed pattern. It's approximately 5 1/2 by 66 inches.

Love them both, Mary! :yay

Thanks for all the well wishes with the BP everyone. It's the lowest this morning that it's been in quite a while. Got my fingers crossed that it will stay that way. It was really high again at bedtime last night. Don't know what's going on with it. Just glad it's down for the moment.

Phyllis ~ I know how to knit and have down it for ages, just prefer to crochet because it goes so much faster. My preemie hats are crocheted. I just finished one last night and have the coordinating preemie blanket almost done, too, but that is crocheted.

Just got an update on the Hoffman Challenge 2011. The quilts are being judged today, so keep your fingers crossed for me. They plan on having the lists of winners and travelers posted some time on Friday, so at least I won't be kept in suspense for too much longer. If I win something, you will probably be able to hear me whoop and holler no matter how far away you live from me. :lol

It's supposed to be in the 90's here all week long with partly cloudy to cloudy skies, but no rain until maybe Saturday. We could actually use some now. It's very overcast at the moment with no sun in sight.

Hugs to all in need of them. :hug :hug :hug

Hi ya, peeps!

Fingers crossed, Linda!

Marisa, it's a good thing you're young!:lol Enjoy your family time:hug:manyheart

Found another baby tooth from Miss Lucy - and I think she's swallowed some, from the sounds of her grinding her teeth. I see back molars coming in - big ones!

Not much else....rearranged my yarn totes in the garage this morning...and when I separated one of the hard plastic shelves that I was taking out of the laundry room (to use them for the yarn) - I smacked myself in the cheekbone.

Hard.:P

I'm such a putz:lol

Everyone, have a good day and I'll check in later.

*”˜˜”*°•.¸¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸Good Morning*”˜˜”*°•.¸¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸

How is everyone today? Wow is it hot already! Please stay safe everyone! We had a few people go down over the last few days at the ball tournament from the heat…. Including an umpire.

Marlene… hope you had a good visit with your company yesterday!

:yay…. I had ice cream too yesterday Joanne. My rootbeer float at the ball game. J

Phyllis ……… those bears are adorable!!!

Oh Mary… I love the fishy dishcloths. I make the knitted and crocheted ones! Aren’t they cute!?! Pretty scarf!!!

Judy my dear… I am happy! J its been so peaceful around here… and the boys have kept me so busy with all the baseball fun! Lucy is cracking me up… she sure is a stinker!! Umm………. Ouch …. Did you get a nice bruise on your cheek?

Fingers are crossed and prayers being said for your Linda! Good luck with the quilt judging and hope that BP stays lower and stable!

Today is going to be another hot one… and Ken and I are running the admissions gate at the tournament again.

But right now I need to finish catching up on emails and posts… get some laundry done and get a coffee refill! J

You all have a GREAT Day!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Hi Ya'll!!! WOW- you guys don't skip a beat without me!!

Wrennie----Sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Cindy----I am praying for your Mom- WOW how it is to not know- I hate it!

Tammy---GREAT NEWS about your husband! I can't imagine the relief you must feel- hopefully he's feeling great! :cheer:clap:yay

Linda-----Sorry to hear about your BP- dang it! Keep your chin up, it's got to get better!

Julie---HEy my girl!!!

Marissa----Am I getting the jist that you are closer to moving?

Toni---hey girlie!! Hope all is well in your neck o' da woods----LITERALLY lol

Phyllis---WELCOME!! WELCOME!! I am 34, divorced- Mom to my beautifully spoiled 10 yr. old daughter Aree. It's she and I and 3 dogs! I love to crochet, watch Aree play softball as we've done for weekends and weeks now! Soon to have the season come to a close in 2 weeks. I'm kind of a witty, jokester!

Mary 1 ---Mary2---where are you 2??? How is everything for both of ya'?

Tab- how are you girlie?

i'm sure I'm forgetting someone---I'm sorry if I did----I love you all the same.

All isn't well here still----now I am dealing with a PSYCHO wife of my Late father (she's on her way out and if she's not careful I will help the process along) She's one that has an alterior motive (not sure of spelling ) for EVERYTHING she does---there's ALWAYS a set up and I'm not stupid enough to fall for any of it and she hates me. Thus.......she's moving to Idaho and she better pray her car doesn't get a flat (that's how bad she's done me for years and where she stands in my life) I just say---she will meet her maker one day and I can't wait. My brother is in Denver and we had a nice long chat yesterday. I THINK he's FINALLY come to realize what I've tried to tell him for years and years........now we have to see if she tied up Dad's house (which was willed to my brother and I scott free of any debt) and..........yeah- what a mess. She's sooooo paranoid someone is going to get her and I said wouldn't you be scared too treating people the way she does---it's a matter of time someone DOES get her!

Anyhow- just as one thing happens and I think it's time to move on, here comes something else. MAYBE I need to get working on MY DOILY it might bring me some luck!! lol!! I have a bunch of pictures to post. Hope not to bore ya'll!

The softball photos are from the tournament this weekend----fri they played 4 games and on sat 2- they fell apart in the last game on Sat---they placed 6th out of 12- not so good and capable of so much better-- it's all good though.

The little halter top is the one for the little baby in the photo---she looked adorable, I made it for their family photos!

post-35667-13589767797_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897677972_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897677973_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897677975_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897677977_thumb.jpg

post-35667-13589767798_thumb.jpg

Judy----I missed you--- Sounds like you're keeping busy with the pups! lol Kind of like having a kid all over again!

Joanne----Hey you! HOw is all your way?

Hi Everyone! :) Thank you for all the compliments. :manyheart I took the fish cloth to DD's today and she loved it so much, she's asked me to make several more for friends. :hook

Linda ~ How exciting that you'll know about the judging on Friday. :clap I'll cross my fingers, toes and anything else I can think of. :lol I hope the BP problems get better very soon. :hug

Kiyo ~ It sounds like you have onewicked stepmother. :( Your dad's will should be all you need...do you have a lawyer? Oh, the pictures are wonderful. Aree is so cute and I love the halter!

Marisa ~ What a busy weekend! I hope you can catch up on sleep this week. :yes

Judy ~ Ouch! I hope your face feels better now. :manyheart

I stayed with Luke this a.m. while DD went to the Dr. She has strep throat! So far, Luke and her DH are okay. Then a stop at Petco and I'm home for the day.

Have a good afternoon!

Mary, strep is painful! I hope dd kicks it fast and everyone else escapes getting it.

All isn't well here still----now I am dealing with a PSYCHO wife of my Late father (she's on her way out and if she's not careful I will help the process along) She's one that has an alterior motive (not sure of spelling ) for EVERYTHING she does---there's ALWAYS a set up and I'm not stupid enough to fall for any of it and she hates me. Thus.......she's moving to Idaho and she better pray her car doesn't get a flat (that's how bad she's done me for years and where she stands in my life) I just say---she will meet her maker one day and I can't wait. My brother is in Denver and we had a nice long chat yesterday. I THINK he's FINALLY come to realize what I've tried to tell him for years and years........now we have to see if she tied up Dad's house (which was willed to my brother and I scott free of any debt) and..........yeah- what a mess. She's sooooo paranoid someone is going to get her and I said wouldn't you be scared too treating people the way she does---it's a matter of time someone DOES get her!

Anyhow- just as one thing happens and I think it's time to move on, here comes something else. MAYBE I need to get working on MY DOILY it might bring me some luck!! lol!! I have a bunch of pictures to post. Hope not to bore ya'll!

The softball photos are from the tournament this weekend----fri they played 4 games and on sat 2- they fell apart in the last game on Sat---they placed 6th out of 12- not so good and capable of so much better-- it's all good though.

The little halter top is the one for the little baby in the photo---she looked adorable, I made it for their family photos!

Hugs to you, sweetie...

What great pics of Aree! And thebaby halter top is too cute!

Judy----I missed you--- Sounds like you're keeping busy with the pups! lol Kind of like having a kid all over again!

And a willful one, at that!:lol

Oh, my cheekbone is slightly bruised and sore, but not horrible. there's always make-up to cover it...

Linda-----Sorry to hear about your BP- dang it! Keep your chin up, it's got to get better!

Hi, there, Kiyo. Today is the first day in a long while where I haven't had a BP headache. Hopefully that means that whatever was wrong is righting itseld.

Sorry about the problems with the mother-in-law.

Your photos are great.

I forgot to add this pic---I LOVE it---this was a couple weeks ago at our friends pool! She's a water baby! Has ALWAYS loved it!

post-35667-135897678075_thumb.jpg

Here are links to some "bags" I've made recently:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130296

and the diaper bag:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130295

Now that my self-promotion is out of the way, will go and catch-up with everyone :lol

Marisa, when are you going to get to relax? I didn't :think you were working this week??? Don't know where you get all the energy.

Linda, glad the BP is down, prayers it will stay that way. Good luck on the challenge!!! Since I just live over the mountain in AL, bet I'll hear you if you win anything :rofl

Judy, how cute that she's old enough to lose her baby teeth. Bet you have lots of chewies and chewy toys for her :lol

Mary, you'll be busy "fishing" for a while!

Strep throad, not good, not good at all!

That's it, going to go work on testing a new tote for turtlelvr.

Hello everyone. Good day at work today. It is very hot and humid here, thank goodness for air conditioning!

Kiyo, Aree has great form there, and the halter top is cute. Sounds like you have a wicked stepmother! Hopefully you can get the house situation worked out without too much trouble.

Judy, I've never found a dog baby tooth, even though we've had 4 puppies over the years.

Toni, nice bags, especially that diaper bag.

Linda, fingers crossed that the BP behaves, and for your challenge quilt as well.

Marisa, you sound busy, busy, busy! As for your brother, he's just trying to protect his kids.

Mary, hope your dd feels better soon, and that Luke and her dh don;t get it.

I came home today, to the news that my dad got admitted to the hospital last night and is in the intensive care unit on a ventilator. They think he has pneumonia. My brother days that the nurses say he is stable, and they are hoping to get him off the breathing machine tonight or tomorrow.

My mom's situation remains the same. The plan is for to her to come back to the hospital in their home town tomorrow or Wednesday. It will be a week or so before biopsy results come back.

I was planning to go there tomorrow and stay a few days, but my brother feels that I should wait until one or the other comes home.

Hi all,

Kiyo-- It was great to hear from you- and I absolutely adore the pics you posted. Your stepmother sure does sound "psycho" as you put it. Hopefully the will your Dad has should be sufficient for your bro and you!!!

Linda- Fingers and toes crossed- At least you only have to wait until Friday!!! Good news about the BP= hopefully it stays down and doesn't go back up tonight!!!

Judi- Wow- I don't remember DD mentioning anything about finding Belle's baby teeth. Hope you are staying cool-it's kind of yucky out there. When I left work and went outside after being in AC all day it felt like something smacked me---of course not as bad as you getting smacked in the cheekbone- hope the bruise isn't too bad!

Tammy- Hope it isn't too hot at the game tonight- and drink lots of Water, not just coffee!! :lol

Marisa- I'll bet you will sleep good tonight!!! Hope work wasn't too terribly busy for you today!

Cindy- Prayers and positive thoughts for your Dad (and Mom). Not easy when you have both of them to worry about!!! Hugs, my friend!:hug

Mary- Strep is not fun- hope that Luke (or you and your DH) or DD's DH doesn't get it!!

Toni- Love the bags- the diaper bag especially is so cool- love the lining:). And did I hear you say that you are testing another tote for Sue? Oh my- she just cranks them out!!:lol

Had a very busy day today- came into an email from my boss saying to work on this first thing in the morning- high priority! So Monday started off with a bang!!! Glad it's over---and now I can go get dinner----and then have some more Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream for dessert (you know, left over from National Ice Cream Day):lol

To anyone I may have forgotten to respond to- :hug:hug

Cindy ~ :hug for your family. I hope your dad is able to go home soon. At one point a couple of years ago, both my parents and my MIL were in the hospital at the same time. ( MIL was in a different one) It was really stressful...take care of you, too. :manyheart

Toni ~The diaper bag is wonderful! Great pattern and beautiful work.:c9 Love the colors for your SBT and the bag holder is such a good idea.:clap

Good evening ladies :hi

Work wasn't bad today. I spent the day going through all the files and making sure everything's in order. Dropped my car off for it's oil change and picked it up on lunch break. It hit 100 here today :eek Was going to try to get something done on my business plan, but think after I finally get caught up with my regular threads here, I'm just going to head upstairs and read until I can't hold my eyes open anymore, which shouldn't be too long. I have an appt at 8:30 in the morning for the online demo of an office practice software.

Linda - :xfin the BP stay down and for the judging :xfin:xfin :xfin :xfin :xfin

Judy - Awww how cute, Lucy's losing her baby teeth :manyheart I hope your cheek is feeling better :hug

Tam - Keep yourself well hydrated with this heat :yes

Kiyo - I'm moving at the end of August....just extremely busy until then :sigh Aree is such a cute girl :manyheart Beautiful halter top and keep that step lady in line :wink

Mary - I hope DD feels better quickly and that Luke and her dh don't catch it :xfin And you too for that matter :xfin

Toni - Totally awesome sbt and diaper bag, love the bright colors :manyheart No time to relax :sigh I'm working until thursday, which will be my last day at my office. Then I'm off Friday and all next week, but still don't anticipate much relaxation :think Yesterday for the little bit of time I was home, I got enlisted to help my sil go through the clothes I brought home (understandablly), teach a little piano to the middle boy, teach guitar hero to the 2 oldest boys, take out the motorcycle (which the boys all LOVED), and play catch with all 3. In the midst of it all, I even managed to crochet a hexagon to test for someone :whew Then I come back and work my last 2 weeks at a super slow office. It's amazing how much energy you can find when you have to :think

Cindy - Ongoing prayers for your parents. Are they in the same hospital? :hug :hug :hug :hug

Joanne - Work wasn't bad since dr tan was there today :yes Ice cream sounds divine right now :drool

Oh Joanne, I almost forgot, but the color of that yarn is melonberry :D

Thanks!! Those colors are pretty---and I smile when I think about how happy you made that sweet little girl when you gave her the purse!!!:hug

Archived