Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I am up, showered, and ready to go :bounce

Going to stop at the wawa on my way out so will leave in a couple minutes.

See you ladies soon :hug

And to those of you too far away, rest assured your presence is felt when we get together :hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAY! YIPPEE!!! YAHOOOOO!!! Doing the happy mountain clog dance!!!! That's wonderful news! :woo

Tammy's DH Ken is in remission!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!

Morning all. Shasta jumped up in the bed and got in my face to get up way to early this morning! It's cloudy and overcast outside trying to rain. Will be getting ready to go to the Mama's in a little while so sis can get her hair cut and do some errands.

Tam, I am so happy to hear that Ken is cancer free. Makes me feel good to hear that news! Prayers do work :yes and continued prayers will be said.

Everyone going to the meet-up, can't wait to hear how it goes. I live vicariously thru your stories :lol

Everyone, have a great day in or out of the house! :hug :hug :hug

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Tam ~ Oh, what wonderful news! :manyheart Are you all going to celebrate? :D

Judy, Marisa and Joanne ~ Can't wait to hear about your meet-up! Will anyone else be there?

Toni and Judy ~ Thanks for the help with the cotton yarn. I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is necessary today. :hook

And Toni ~ I'd love to see the Happy Mountain Clog dance. :lol

Hi Cindy!

Linda ~ We miss you lots. :ghug

Hi, everyone. Sorry to be MIA lately. I've been having trouble with my blood pressure. It's been very high which causes severe headaches which make it hard to think and concentrate. I'll try to get caught up later, but wanted to let you know that I'm still here. One good thing is that I've been finishing up a lot WIPs, mostly hiding lots and lots and lots of tails, but finishing the crocheting on several and assembly of several more. Among other things that means that I finished all five of the Christmas stockings for Kim's cousin. Also finished is a preemie hat, three preemie afghans, five hats and twelve scarves. Still in the works are a preemie hat, a scarf, a preemie afghan, and a prayer shawl.

John's at the hunting lodge this weekend helping get ready for deer hunting season so Kim and I are relaxing together.

I'll be back later. Just wanted to say hi. Hugs to anyone and everyone in need of them. :hug :hug :hug

Linda- You made my day seeing your post!!!!! Sorry to hear about the BP- but relaxing is probably the best thing for it!!! Love the picture of the stockings- they look great!!!!!

Had a great meet up- :yes Judy, Marisa and Phyllis (Judy's friend- and she just recently joined the Ville):clap

It was sad that it will be the last time meeting up with Marisa!!:( before she moves to Pitt, but I'm so glad that she was able to come today!!!:)

She brought some yummy banana bread that she made!!!!:D and of course, we crocheted and chatted and drank coffee!!!

Off to do a few errands-

Linda ~ I'm so happy to see your posts! :manyheart So very sorry about the BP problems. :hug Congratulations on so many finishes. :clap The stockings are gorgeous...they will be cherished. :yes

Joanne ~ Sounds like a great time this a.m. :)

Cindy ~ Are you staying cool and crocheting?

I've been to HL and the store...just getting in and out of the car is hard in this heat. :( HL has a huge selection of ILTCotton and Sugar and Cream, so I had fun looking at all the colors. I picked out one variegated and one solid to play with. :crocheting

Have fun playing with your yarn, Mary!!!

It's a beautiful day here- sunny and lo humidity--perfect- I've been outside on the deck and started a simple shrug from the Lion Brand site with Homespun.

I finished the Bubbles Baby Blanket (pattern from Deneen St Amour) - I'll be giving it to one of my co-workers- who is having a boy. I used Stylecraft Special DK yarn - 2 strands together- L hook-

Oh, I got a beautiful square for my friendship ghan from Judy's friend Phyllis (who recently joined the Ville under the name foofoophyl!!!) I now have as many squares as I need!!!:clap

post-27163-13589767721_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897677212_thumb.jpg

Knock! Knock! Can I come in the house? A few of you know me and some of you have heard my name mentioned lately. It's time to introduce myself to the rest of you. I'm Phyllis from Central Jersey, and I've been crocheting forever. My computer skills are not as good as my crochet skills, so please be patient with me while I'm learning. C'ville is a bit overwhelming so far, but I'm looking forward to meeting those of you I dont know already.

Joanne, am I doing this right so far?

Knock! Knock! Can I come in the house? A few of you know me and some of you have heard my name mentioned lately. It's time to introduce myself to the rest of you. I'm Phyllis from Central Jersey, and I've been crocheting forever. My computer skills are not as good as my crochet skills, so please be patient with me while I'm learning. C'ville is a bit overwhelming so far, but I'm looking forward to meeting those of you I dont know already.

Hi, Phyllis. :hi You're doing just fine. And welcome to Crochetville and the Our House CAL. :welcome I'm Linda T and I'm a caregiver to Kim, a sweet lady who's had three major strokes. I've been crafting for over 50 years. i've got two adult children and one grandchild.

Watched the races and got 3 of the 7 blocks done on the panel for the flannelghan. Want to get it finished. Want to start a SBT, but won't until I at least get the panel done. Did finish the lining in the to big diaper bag while at the mama's. Will throw it in wash tomorrow and then take photo.

Mary, it's been a while since I clogged but bet I could do a fair interpretation of it :lol I used to love clogging.

Glad you had such a good time at HL. I love to do SBT's with cotton and an I hook. They are great!

Cindy, hope you found a lot to keep you busy today!

Linda!!!! So good to see you. Those stockings are wonderful, love them.

Joanne, Marisa, Judy your meet up sounds wonderful. Wish someone lived closer to me.

Joanne, great ghan and beautiful, absolutely beautiful square! Phyl did a great job!

Phyllis, yes, your name has been bantered about a bit :):welcome to the House! We're glad you're here.

I'm Toni mother to two grown daughters, grandmother to one wonderful grandson and about to be great grandmother to baby Seth. Will find out due date next Thursday. I live in the mountains of Alabama with my three :dog and 1 porch :cat and sometimes my youngest dd :lol.

Hi Phyllis-- You are absolutely doing this right!!!!:lol By the time we have our next meet up you'll be a pro at this and I won't have to bring my laptop!!!!!!

So glad you found Our House!!!! :hug

Here's a picture of the Christmas stockings.

Very, very pretty!

I'm so glad you posted. Please take care of yourself!:hug:manyheart

I've been to HL and the store...just getting in and out of the car is hard in this heat. :( HL has a huge selection of ILTCotton and Sugar and Cream, so I had fun looking at all the colors. I picked out one variegated and one solid to play with. :crocheting
I think you're going to have a great time using the ILTcotton! It was the ILTC you bought?

I finished the Bubbles Baby Blanket (pattern from Deneen St Amour) - I'll be giving it to one of my co-workers- who is having a boy. I used Stylecraft Special DK yarn - 2 strands together- L hook-

Oh, I got a beautiful square for my friendship ghan from Judy's friend Phyllis (who recently joined the Ville under the name foofoophyl!!!) I now have as many squares as I need!!!:clap

I like that blanket...and the pictures of both blanket and square don't do justice to how great they look - and feel - in person!

Phyllis!!!! You've joined the party!:clap

Don't worry if you don't feel like posting as often as some of us do...whatever you're comfortable with is fine.

This evening I've been making some 9 by 6 rectangles for another charity - mindless, but it goes to a good cause, as well as uses some of my stash.

Cindy and everyone, our meetup was really fun, but bittersweet knowing that we might only get to see Marisa on rare occasions in the future.

tg, though, for being able to stay in touch through CV!

'nite, ladies - I'm really tired. Woke up a lot during the night so I'm dragging right now.

Have a good night, my friends.:hug:manyheart

'nite, ladies - I'm really tired. Woke up a lot during the night so I'm dragging right now.

Have a good night, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Sweet dreams!!!:)

Oh, I turned the Yankees on in the 5th inning when I read that CC was pitching- at least when he pitches the chances of the Yanks winning are pretty good- and they did win!!! :clap

Sweet dreams!!!:)

Oh, I turned the Yankees on in the 5th inning when I read that CC was pitching- at least when he pitches the chances of the Yanks winning are pretty good- and they did win!!! :clap

That win was a pleasant surprise!:yes

'nite, grandma-to-be.:D

Archived