Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda, sorry but :rofl about John and deer season, they are already planting for dove and deer here. Deere season means cooler weather so I'll count down with him!

We're supposed to get storms sometime today too. It's hot, humid and dreary out right now.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the yarn I needed yesterday and finished a SBT last night. I can see more of these in cotton in my future :yes Can't take photo because it's so dard and dreary out. Going through my favorite threads before heading to my chair to finish some more items and watch racing qualifying and practice.

Okay, have a couple more to read and then off to crochet.

BBL!

Hello, Friends :waving

We returned home on Wednesday night, after a wonderfully relaxing get-away in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Cindy, thank you for the reminder about the docks at McLain State Park. The weather cooperated beautifully, and we caught a number of sunsets and even a couple of pretty sunrises while we were away. We hiked and hiked and hiked. Mercy -- one day, we did 17 miles. There are all sorts of trails at the tippy-top of the Peninsula, and we just walked and climbed until dinnertime. We were on a mission to find a number of different waterfalls that we had visited on previous trips, and I think we did a mighty fine job of finding a bunch of them. We caught two different fireworks displays (one on July 3rd and another on the 4th), which I just loved.

We were home for a total of 10 hours before DH had to get on a plane and head to California for work. Not much time, but I did laundry and ironing, while he packed, and we even caught some sleep before departing for the airport. He will be home tomorrow night.

This is an incredibly busy month! I leave on Sunday for the first of our 2 weeks' worth of swimming lessons for the girls. I am catching up with them at my parents' house, where they have been having a grand time, I hear. They went to open swim at a high school swimming pool, watched fireworks, saw two parades, stayed at my gramma's Lake home for a few days, and played with my brother's two boys. I talk with them every other night, but our conversations are usually quite short, as they are heading outside to ride their bicycles, roast s'mores over a bonfire, help my mum with her gardens, or some other such outdoor activity. There is never time to be bored or miss Mommy, which is just as it should be :yes

Please forgive me for not responding individually, today. I spent all day long outside yesterday, because the weather was beautiful :sun. I sympathize with those of you experiencing beastly hot temps and high humidity, but I am loving the high-70s and light winds in our neighborhood. I sat on the deck and crocheted for a long time. When my back started to get sore, I stretched out on a cushion and read for awhile. I even ate dinner outside, because I just hated for the relaxing day to end. I did not have my sunglasses on -- BAD me!! -- and my eyes are suffering, today. It is like I have an allergy in my eyes :(. They are swollen almost shut, and there is a lot of fluid retained throughout my whole eye socket. Ick, sorry about too many details. I cannot see too well, so I am not reading anything on the screen today, just typing with my eyes closed :lol. I will catch up here, soon, I promise.

When I left for vacation, I had 5 WIPs packed in my travel sewing bag. Well, I picked up yarn at a neat store just over the Wisconsin-Michigan border and started a baby cocoon, as soon as we crawled back into the car. DH is a dear and drove the entire way, so that I could crochet. Throughout the week, I continued to pull out project after project, and when we got home, he finally asked me, "How many projects did you make up and finish?" When I counted, I laughed and was happy to report, "Ten." :hook Kyri received an invite to a birthday party over the telephone, so I made the little gal a hat and a scarf as we took a road-trip from out hotel down to Marquette, MI on July 2nd. The yarn (Caron Simply Soft Paints) was so pretty, I picked up two more skeins and made a top for myself. I will have to snap some pictures, but it was great to have so much time in which to crochet, and even better to wrap up some projects I have had in my WIP bin for awhile.

I do hope everyone has a good Friday :flower Here's hoping my eyes clear up quickly, and I can get back on the computer this evening. Catch you all, then.

Hi Linda

Sorry you ran out of yarn and the other wasnt matching. It would have bugged me too . I'm glad you found the exact match to complete your project .

Hi Marlene

I little Happy Anniversary Wish a little early ! Sure hope they can figure out what the ailment is that is causing your husband so much trouble. That gets very frustrating ,doesnt it ?

Sorry to hear about your friend. It must have been a shock, unless you has heard he was sick previously.

Enjoy your weekend ,I hope you get to do all the things you want .

Hi Joanne

I bet you are glad to see the weekend get here --the weeks has seemed long for you,and extra stressful.Sam always says the same thing after being off,it seems like he is far behind at work, or else just out of practice for a few days .

Marisa

Wow, your life sounds even more busy than usual,but that probably is expected with a big move coming shortly. It sounds so exciting, I love moving,kinda like a new beginning,even though we have never moved far, it still seems fun,starting over in a new place .

Jude

Hope you have a good visit with your friends,and dont melt in this heat. It is very humid here today and supposed to be even worse on the weekend .

Tam

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!! What kinda CAKE are you gonna have ?

Hi Mary

No worries if you cant post a lot .We all have times in our life when everything goes haywire .We'll be here when you get the chance to drop in,but no pressure to do it at any certain time . Sorry you are having family issues on top of a heat wave .

My Doc always says we live in such a hillbilly town,that we only know one way to solve disputes ,and that is with a shotgun . :lol

She likes to make remarks like that because we live in 2 rival towns in sports (and their town is just as much a bunch of hillbillies as we are ) .

Might wanna get the gun out and just be seen CLEANING it. Maybe it'd SCARE everyone into behaving .

Hi Toni

It sounds as if lots of you llove the bag pattern,and it looks pretty in every color I've seen it in .

Have fun watching the races .

Hi Ya Dusti

Sounds like your time off was well spent. Great weather, lots of hikes, beautiful scenery, getting lots of crocheting and even some reading tossed in . It sounds like the girls are enjoying their summer too .

I went to some yard sales today --- bought a toaster -- ours is new but has never worked well,so I found a fancier one at a yard sale and it works like a dream . Now I'm gonna make toast all the time, just to use my fancy toaster .

I also "kinda" got talked into buying a HUGE basket of crochet thread of lots of colors . I'm trying to figure out what the heck to do with it,since I'm not a fan of working with thread and small hooks, but got the bright idea to try the round ripple in double strands of thread,so it's a little more manageable. We'll see how long I try that before getting royally ticked. My patience with the tiny stuff is about zero, but this was a HUGE basket for 2 bucks . Couldnt resist .

Cam is coming tomorrow, he leaves for camp the next day. Not sure what we will do. I have a couple new board games to try ,so we will probably play them, or maybe we can squirt him with the water hose if he gets too hot and needs cooled off. We dont have a pool,so we just use the hose .

Not much else new in Hillbilly Village .Got my car back with a huge bill,but the gas doesnt leak anymore. Now it just rattles and thumps,but for 500 bucks, I'll turn the radio UP .

Gotta go slam something into a pan for supper --

Hi all,:yay for the weekend:clap:clap:clap

Dusti- Sure sounds like you have been having a wonderful summer!!! Wow- 10 projects done!! I love the Caron SS Paint yarn- I've used it several times. Such pretty colors!!

I sure hope your eye's are ok--And next time, please remember the sunglasses:hug

Julie- I would have bought the thread too for 2 bucks---I think that is a very interesting idea to put a few strands together and see how that turns out! Enjoy your new toaster! I love toast....and English muffins!!!

Linda- I :lol at the thought of John counting down until deer season!!! I'll count with him too- since I, like Toni also like the fall

We had some thunder boomers/heavy winds, rain come through around 3:45-4--of course I leave work at 4:30--luckily the winds had died down an dit was just raining- got home and it's raining again and thunder---but I don't even care because I know have 2 days off:clap:clap

Judy- Hope you had a nice lunch with your friends!!!

Marisa- Hope you don't get home too late tonight.

Toni- Enjoy your races- and crocheting!! Looks like the Yankees are going to be rained out:(

:cake:birthday:bday to TAMMY!!!!

Hello everyone. I worked today, and this evening Dh and I went grocery shopping. (talk about exciting lives!) Dh likes to grocery shop. but he cannot be left in a grocery store without supervision. I keep a socked pantry, but Dh would have his own grocery store if I let him.

I actually talked to my mom on the phone yesterday. She answers my questions, but doesn't start any conversation. Still, that is much better than it has been.

I haven't been doing any crocheting. Still trying to decide what to do about that mobius shawl. I'm knitting a bit here and there, but mostly I have been reading.

Dusti, did you make it to McLain State Park?

Marlene, hope your hubby's health issues get straightened out.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers for hubby. He is still there tonight. They did an EKG while he was having an attack just before I arrived and it came out fine. Blood work came back fine to. He was on morphine when I got there but it was causing nausea and then he got sick so they were going to give him vicodin and I said no you can't it makes his sick to. That should of been in his records. His blood pressure is very high and that is why they are keeping him. They came in late this afternoon and gave him a muscle relaxer and later 2 pain pills that have been out for years. We'll see how this works. I asked to talk to the doctor when I got there and I did but not because she wanted to spare and time for me. She let me know she was 15 minutes late and had patients waiting for her at her office. I bit my tongue so I wouldn't tell her don't let the doctor hit you on the back side on your way out. I have only ran across that a few times and don't appreciate it. She's getting paid to take care of my husband to. She's lucky I didn't think of that while she was there or I would of told her so. They can't do a cat scan there as she can't read it and are insurance won't pay for it to be done there as they say that he is an out patient. We see are doctor tuesday and will go from there.

Cindy, Good to hear your Mom is improving!

Dusti, Sounds like you had a great vacation. Lots of crocheting to.

Mary, Hope things calm down with the family soon and your temps to.

Linda, You could take on Toni's count down for fall and cooler temps.

Marisa, Safe travels to your parents. Have a fun weekend!

Joanne, Sorry you had a long short week this week. Lots of r&r is in order for you this weekend.

Judy, How was lunch with your friends?

Julie, Have a fun day with Cam tomorrow.

:birthday TAM! Hope you had a wonderful day!

marisa - i thought of doing a through using squares from the 200knitted squares book , but i`m not practicing knitting so im not ready to knit projects. i think i might do it some day

mary - thanks :hug

tam - happy birthday :bday

ohh i didn`t work on anything yesterday it was an exhausting day . i was up till 8 in the morning then i slept till 11:30 am so it wasn`t enough , then my day was full of house work, kids watching, and in the end i went shooping for fabric to make a new dress for ramadan after 3 weeks . i slept early yesterday about 10 p, and now its 8:30 am woke up from a while with my full energy :devil

today is my second day in diet i need to exercise today yesterday i couldn`t i was soo tired. i hope i`ll stick to the diet this time :D

ok time to have my breakfast and do some :crocheting

happy crocheting :hook

Good morning house!

Up early and ready to tackle the day!!! Hoping to get chores done, laundry washed, groceries gotten and then head to Costco early. DH went there yesterday and took out a membership- they opened one about 5 minutes from home!

Hope you all have a good day and I'll stop back in later!!!

Morning all. Just a quick fly by before I get ready to leave for the mama's.

Dusti, sounds like you are enjoying your dd's being at the grands. Hope your eyes feel better soon. You sure got a lot of crocheting done!

Julie, congrats on the toaster and the thread that just wouldn't stay put :lol

Joanne, we had the thunder boomers too and rain and I didn't get much :sleep again :sigh

Cindy, glad to hear your mom is somewhat better. Baby steps.

Marlene, :hug :hug :hug and prayers for your husband.

Abtha, good luck on the diet. Glad you got some :sleep

Well, I'm off to get ready to go to the mama's. Hope the fog clears up or is gone up on the mountain. Hate driving in that!

TTYL everyone!

flyby!

Despite the humidity and rain we had a nce lunch and visit with our friends yesterday and she and I took a quick look through Marshalls and Home Goods before getting back here. Miss Lucy was very good as was Sparkie - of course. This couple, esp the guy, are his favorite people because of all the scratches he gets.

Nothingelse new, other than the fact I haven't picked up a hook since finishing the charity ghan...and really aren't in the mood to:think

CU all later.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers for hubby. He is still there tonight. They did an EKG while he was having an attack just before I arrived and it came out fine. Blood work came back fine to. He was on morphine when I got there but it was causing nausea and then he got sick so they were going to give him vicodin and I said no you can't it makes his sick to. That should of been in his records.

Nausea and vomiting as a reaction to medication are not allergies, so most often they don't stay in the record. Don't be surprised if you keep having to repeat that.

They are common side effect of morphine.

Hope things are going better for you today.

Good morning. It's already very hot and humid here. We've been out for breakfast with the in-laws and stopped by the grocery store to pick up what I forgot yesterday.

Tam, I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Hope you had a great day.

I'm not sure what we have planned for the rest of the day. I am planning to throw a roast in the crockpot for dinner, since Ds is here, and I think his diet at home consists mainly of fast food.

We have an old cement patio outside our family room, and dh wants to take it out and put in one that looks like it is made of tiles or stone, so we might go and look at what is available in the home improvement stores tonight. The patio definitely needs work. It's always cool and shady there, but it's so ugly that it is rarely used.

Good Saturday Morning! It is DH's birthday, so I woke up early to start the preparations for a good dinner. Julie ~ The cake is am baking is plain yellow, but I stirred in some vanilla bean paste for some taste ooph. DH always wants a yellow cake with chocolate frosting, nothing fussier than that. I did use my heart-shaped baking pans, and I have the ingredients for a dark chocolate frosting out in the counter :wink. He is helping a friend move furniture to a new house all day, so the meal will be a pleasant surprise when he gets home. I have a baby shower to attend this afternoon, but the presents are all wrapped, and I am ready to go.

Before I go any further, please accept my belated wishes for a :birthday, Tammy and Val!!

Linda ~ so glad you were able to find yarn in the same dye lot to finish your latest shawl. It is never fun to visit the :frog pond, but I know you are much happier without the different-colored yarn in your beautiful project. I hope you and Kim have a good day, today. Is she still on a spunky kick? Just keeping you you on your toes ;)

Marlene ~ I am so sorry to hear that your husband is still in the hospital, and that the doctors are not seeming to find what is causing his pains. :hugto you for biting your tongue, when the doctor was not exercising good 'bedside etiquette." My prayers are with you as you head to your hubby's regular doctor next week. I hope your husband is kept comfortable today, and that the pain meds do not make him ill.

Joanne ~ enjoy your weekend. I hope the rains knocked down your temps and left you with pleasant weather. Is your DD holding up alright in the heat? She's getting so close to delivering her baby, that I am sure it is hard to be really comfortable, but we do send her good wishes. Thank you for your concern over my eyes. Believe me; from now on, I promise to wear my sunglasses out-of-doors. Yikes, did I ever feel lousy. Today is ever-so-much-better :yes I did not turn the computer on, nor did I watch the news on television, I just rested my eyes. One of my perpetual projects is an easy baby blanket patters, so I worked on that for awhile in the evening. When I woke up this morning, my eyes were the right color, and the swelling was all gone :yay.

Marisa ~ Did your turtles, frozen foods and extra clothes make the trip up to your parents' house alright? My goodness, it sounds as if you have been busy :whewHow far will you be from your parents, once you move? Still close enough to visit on weekends? When do your nephews and niece arrive? You must be giddy in preparation for hugging them and listening to them chatter :manyheart

Judy ~ Hope you are holding up alright in this summer weather. The puppy pictures you shared while I was gone were fun to see, as were the stories about Miss Lucy. She really is a bright spot in your household :)

Mary ~ Just a ton of :hugcoming your way. I am thinking of you. Sure wish I could do something to help alleviate some of your stress/aggravation. Try to stay cool :flake

n,that we only know one way to solve disputes ,and that is with a shotgun . :lol

Toni ~ Yaaay for thinking to ask if Sue had any of the cotton you needed to finish your latest SBT. Are the handles done and everything? I hope you feel alright this weekend. It cannot be fun to feel so wrung-out after your chemo sessions. Gentle :hugto you. Drive safely, if the fog has not lifted. When you are with your mother, do you craft, chat or do puzzles? Just curious...

Julie ~ How many pieces of toast did you make for breakfast? You are just cute to be excited about a small appliance :D I am glad that it works for you, though. Great deal you got on the crochet thread! Multi-strands

for a RR sounds interesting. Good luck! I forgot that this is your day to visit with Cam before he heads to camp. I hope he has a great week! Will he get to go swimming and do all of the "typical" things I associate with camping, or is it a science/computer-type camp?

Cindy ~ Yes, we did check out McLain Park. During DH's final year of college, there was a whole weekend of activities in the park, and I remembered hanging out with a bunch of his friends, playing volleyball and picnicking, but we had not been back since then. Since you mentioned it, we specifically headed over there in the evening, took pieces of cheesecake from a restaurant, picked up cups of coffee at a gas station (very romantic, don't you think?? :lol) and sat overlooking Lake Superior to watch the sunset -- it was a good show by Mother Nature. I am glad to hear that you notice improvements in your mother's condition, but it still must be tough on your heartstrings. :hug to you.

q8 ~ :waving I am enjoying getting to know you through your posts. You have a lot going on at home right now, but I am glad you came back to Our House. Best of luck with your diet and exercise. Go slowly and do not take-on too much all at once, or your muscles will be very unhappy with you. What color fabric did you buy on your outing, yesterday? I hope your high-energy feeling lasts all day long. Have a good day.

Well, I am off to marinate venison pieces and veggies for shish-ka-bobs. Talk to you, later :hook

Hi guys

quick jump in while I have a minute . Cam came in the mood to watch movies,so him and pap are watching Godzilla,one of the Japanese versions,with the writing on the bottom of the screen . He LOVES monster movies .

Dusti

Tell your hubby Happy Birthday from the House Ladies --you always make such good sounding meals and desserts .

Toni

Hope you have an easy day today since you didnt get enough rest last night .

Joanne

Hope you enjoy every minute of the weekend since you had a hectic week .

Cindy

I had to chuckle about your husband--you cant let him grocery shop alone -- he sounds quite interesting . Is he like a kid and wants all the junk food, or does he just wanna buy one of everything in the building ?

Sam has NEVER gone shopping with me, although after my surgeries, he did go to the store to pick up things we were out of,and did very well and followed the list exactly .

He HATES to shop for ANYTHING .

Jude

No big deal if you need a crochet break,anyone can get burnt out and need to do something else for awhile .

Marlene

Boy, it's a good thing that wasnt ME talking to the Doc last night or I wouldve nailed her . That makes me angry when they wont take time to talk with the family and keep them updated .Hope things turn out ok .

Athba

Good luck with your diet . I could stand one of those myself, but I have about as much willpower as patience. NONE .

Cindy

Forgot to say I hope your new patio looks nice -- we had one that we recently took out,made of the huge cement blocks --- we just planted grass in place of it,since we spend very little time outdoors anymore .

Julie, the new patio is still in the planning stages. As for grocery shopping, my dh just plain loves food, and loves to shop for it. Amazingly enough he is not at all overweight.

Enjoy the rest of your time with Cam.

Hi all,

Judy- I'm sure hoping that you are watching the Yankees!!!! Awesome game!!! Jeter hits 3000th hit with a home run- and is now 4/4!!!! Awesome!!!!

Dusti- I just love reading your posts and I'm so happy that your eyes are ok!!! Oh, before I forget---:birthday to your DH!!! I'm sure he is going to love what you have made for his dinner and dessert!!!! You are the culinary queen!!! Enjoy the shower and dinner tonight!!! DD is feeling very good- and thankfully they have central AC in their home!! They are having a b-b-que tomorrow- last minute- so she must be feeling fine!!! I'm starting to get quite excited to welcome little Ryan into the family!!!

Cindy- Hot/humid here- but very comfortable inside in the AC with the game on!! My DH loves to go grocery shopping- but I often go with him because he tends to buy some 'unhealthy' things unless I stop him- I pay close attention to sodium content and for him sugar content!

Julie Enjoy your time with Cam today- Glad that his grandpa is watching that movie with him- I'm not much into monsters etc- I sure hope Ryan likes sports!!! LOL

Back to the game!

Hi, ladies!

Yup, Dusti, Lucy is a bright spot in the household - exhausting, but a bright spot:lol:lol:lol

Joanne, I was so thrilled to see Jeter get the 3000 hit! Going 5 for 5 and driving in the wining run - unreal!!!!

what an accomplishment!

We meeting Saturday?? I can't do lunch, but if we can get Marisa to join us I'll treat her to a late breakfast:D I'm gonna miss her at our meetups.:(

Off I go again...

Hi, ladies!

Yup, Dusti, Lucy is a bright spot in the household - exhausting, but a bright spot:lol:lol:lol

Joanne, I was so thrilled to see Jeter get the 3000 hit! Going 5 for 5 and driving in the wining run - unreal!!!!

what an accomplishment!

We meeting Saturday?? I can't do lunch, but if we can get Marisa to join us I'll treat her to a late breakfast:D I'm gonna miss her at our meetups.:(

Off I go again...

Still on for Saturday!!! I am going to miss Marisa at our meet ups too. She left the day open and may be bringing Mary with her!!!I see that Phyllis joined the Ville!:clap

Awesome game- and awesome post game show!!!! Such a fun game to watch--and it couldn't have been scripted better:clap:clap:clap:clap The guy that caught it is from NJ- and what a classy guy- turned the ball in because he wanted Jeter to have it since he earned the 3000th hit!!! The Yankees rewarded him with 4 champion suite seats for the rest of the season and the playoffs!!!

Off to check dinner. DH wanted a roast today- so that's what I made- with yellow potatoes and a salad. I'm starting to get hungry so I hope it's almost done!

Hey ladies,

Just a quick stop to say hello. Been busy all day and not finished yet. Got in around 11 last night and the turtles are now set up and my dad knows how to clean the filter.

Gonna run for now, on my moms iPad which isn't the easiest for typing.

Hey ladies,

Just a quick stop to say hello. Been busy all day and not finished yet. Got in around 11 last night and the turtles are now set up and my dad knows how to clean the filter.

Gonna run for now, on my moms iPad which isn't the easiest for typing.

Glad you made it and the turtles are all settled in !!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the day!!!

Happy Saturday, everyone! We have clouds - no rain - but clouds have kept the temps all the way down to 99*. :lol

Dusti ~ Your trip sounds like it was wonderful! You win the prize for the most crocheting lately.:hook Happy Birthday to your DH!:cake

Marlene ~ I'm so sorry that there isn't a diagnosis for your DH yet. :hug Hopefully, they will be able to figure out something soon. Take care of yourself. :manyheart

Judy ~ It sounds like Miss Lucy is behaving herself. :wink Maybe it's just time for a crochet break!? Knowing you, it won't last long. :)

Marisa ~ Have a great time with family! I'll bet the "grand turtles" will be well taken care of. :D

Julie ~ I'm glad you're able to have Cam with you before camp begins. Have you been working on any crafts lately? Yep, just the sight of me waving a gun around might be a threat. :lol Of course, someone may have me committed - instead of the other way around. :D

Linda ~ When you mentioned John getting excited about hunting, I had thoughts of cooler weather and fall...can't come soon enough! And Yay for finding matching yarn. :clap

Toni ~ I hope you've had a good day with your Mom and that you're feeling much better! :manyheart

Joanne ~ I was going to have a pot roast tonight, but DH wanted pork chops. Fine with me - he does the grilling. :) How many totes have you made - it's got to be a lot! Won't be long till you're a Grandma! :c9

Hi to the rest of the House, too.

I actually crocheted today! Remember the Evergreens quilt ghan I started in Jan or Feb? :blush I've made two thirds of the squares and joined a little over half of the ghan. :hook Maybe it will be finished by Christmas. :lol

Archived