Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies. :) Another 105* day - no rain in sight and it's only mid-July! They're saying this may be worse than out hottest summer ever (1980).:eek

Kiyo ~ Hi! It's so good to see your post. I hope things get better for you soon. :hug Aree's schedule sure sounds busy - and playing all those softball games in that heat must be exhausting! :yes

Tam ~ Good luck to Patrick in the tournament! :cheer

Marisa ~ Good for you for planning a crochet evening. :hook

Judy ~ When is your DH's birthday? Spanakopita sounds yummy. :)

Toni ~ Wow! You've accomplished a lot with your crocheting. :clap Are these for the tornado victims? :think I hope your heat lets up soon. :yes

Joanne ~ I hope you find the yarn you need! :yarn

Trish ~ Congratulations on finishing and mailing so many squares. :yay I hope the shoulder pain clears up soon. :hug

Hi to anyone I've missed - I was just going to take a "short break" :blush from cleaning and better get back to it.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back again.

DD and I went to visit Frederick Meijer gardens and sculpture park this morning. Its been a while since I visited there. I hadn't ever seen the Da Vinci horse. (it's not by DaVinci, but it was inspired by one he started, that was destroyed in the 1490's.) There is one here and another by the same American artist in Milan, Italy. The picture in the article is actually the statue in place in the sculpture park here. It is amazing when you stand next to it. Its 24 feet tall, and definitely commands attention. I sort of remember the fuss when it was installed. It must have been quite an undertaking just to get it here.

There was also an indoor sculpture show by a Welsh artist, Laura Ford. I did not care much for her work, although she was clearly very talented. One interesting thing about her sculptures was how textured they were. Several of the figures, (mostly animals) had blankets and they actually looked either crocheted or knitted.

Cindy, I loved the pics in that link you sent! You visit great places...

Hi, Kiyo! I haven't forgotten about your scarf project!

Judy ~ When is your DH's birthday? Spanakopita sounds yummy. :)

Officially it's today, but he did go out to work and mowed the back, so Saturday is his day to do nothing and that's when we'll go out for a nice Birthday meal. The spinach pie is a special treat to get him through the next couple of days till then.:lol AND I made a german chocolate cake (from a box:lol)

:hot Afternoon all! Took garbage to the curb and got mail that's the extent of my going outside.

Did up some dishes and started a plastic grocery bag holder. I have way to many and need to organize and just keep what's in the holder and take the rest to be recycled. My dd says I'm a plastic bag holder :eek

Got 4 of the 6 cones from the last Pisgah Peaches and Cream order I placed, so using one of them to make the bag holder. Using up some of my :yarn:yarn:yarn hoard :rofl

Cindy, need some of your tossing/organizing energy. Going to tag all the totes and kitchen stuff tomorrow to take to the church Sunday and hoping to clean off the tops of things in this room and put them away!

Love the sites you go to and the links, so interesting.

Marisa, nothing better than crocheting to relax and take a step back. Doing an SBT?

Kiyo! Girl I've been wondering where you were. Heard you had the flu, better now?

Tam, continued prayers and good luck to your son on his game(s)!

Mary, yes, these are the totes and kitchen items for the ladies at church that lost their homes to the tornadoes. Just a little something in the stressful recovery to brighten their days.:)

Joanne, hope your work day was good, mine was ummmmmm not :lol Good luck finding the yarn you need.

Judy, sounds like the DH will be spoiled. Do you have recipe for that spinach pie? My dd and I both love spinach. I'm doing the spinach/mushroom pizza for my supper tonight. She'll have the leftovers when she gets home.

Off to check out a couple more threads and then back to the bag holder. Not sure if I'll be back later or not.

:hug:hug:hug All

Hey Toni- YES!! I'm better now!! That was NASSSTY to get the flu. It's running around here like no other! I'm glad to be back! I've gotten so behind on everyones life I feel horrible! I now feel like a foreigner!

Judy-----what's that ??? You're Spankin-yo-husband for dinner??? lol Just kidding, I've never heard of that dish before is it something I can make?

Hi all,

Kiyo- So glad to see your post and glad that you are feeling better!!!! That seems like a lot of games for 10 year olds--but then of course they have WAY more energy than we do!!!!

Judy:birthday:cake to your DH!!! And the German Chocolate Cake sounds yummy - even if it was from a box!!! Did you have a piece for JULIE????

Cindy- Thanks for those links- looks like a very nice place to visit- and a great way to spend the day today!!!

Toni- Glad that you got a good night's sleep- and as for work- well lets just say- Paradise it wasn't!!!:lol

Mary - I've been reading about the heat in TX...We have had 2 gorgeous days of sunshine, high 80's low humidity----my kind of weather--if only it would last all summer!!!

Tam Have a great weekend too and good luck to Patrick's team:cheer

Marisa- :yay for a :crocheting night!!!

I didn't leave Paradise till 6 and then went over to DD's for dinner- she called and since both our DH's were working she invited me over to eat with her- leftovers- salad and chicken--but it tasted sooooo good especially since I didn't have to cook anything!!!!!!

I won the pen give-away that Dorothysgirls had- she makes the most beautiful pens!! It is absolutely beautiful!!! And it sure made my day!!!!!:manyheart

I did find one more skein of the color yarn I needed in my stash so I'm off to :crocheting for a while too!!!

Thinking about Linda and hoping all is well

Hey ladies :hi

Just a quick stop, as you see it's kind of late and yep, I'm just sitting down :whew Out of work at 7 and then had to stop at the mac. Came home and made a banana cake since we had brown bananas :drool In the oven now and smells great. Now everything is cleaned up and I just printed a pattern to test for someone here on the ville, that being said.....nope Toni, not an sbt tonight :lol

Catch y'all in the AM :hug

Good morning and I'm going to shout it out!!! TGIF!!!!!!! Happy, Happy, Happy!!!!!!!

We have a bar-b-que at work today- so it'll be a nice break in the day--too bad we have to go back to work after it---but it will still be nice. Plus they are going to have an Italian Ice truck on premises!!!

Other than that, nothing new to report- sending hugs to all- and I'll see you on the flip side!!!!

Good morning ladies :coffee

And I'm screaming with Joanne.....TGIF TGIF TGIF :jumpyay

Joanne - a bbq sounds wonderful, have some for me :wink

Well, last day of my crazy work week :yay Worked on a small purse to test last night and hope to finish it up tonight :xfin Which means, YEP, another crochet evening :cheer I do also have to do laundry tonight, so I'll be crocheting in between switching the clothes, but what can ya do :shrug

I'll catch y'all later :hug

Happy Friday, everyone. :waving I know several of us are REALLY glad it's Friday. :D

Wrennie ~ I think of you each day and hope you're doing okay. :hug

Julie ~ If you haven't left for your trip, have a great time! :manyheart Hope Cam had fun at camp, too!

Judy ~ This way, your DH can stretch his birthday out for three days. :lol

Is this "meet-up" weekend? :think

I've been out watering flowers, pots, etc. and am dripping myself. :( Time for a shower and the grocery store. Have a great morning, ladies. :)

'afternoon, peeps!

Ran errands this AM, to include buying a new dog seat cover for the back seat of my car. The other one was years old and beaten up - and stinky:P - so we were way overdo. This one is washable and has lots of adaptations.

Little Miss Lucy is getting used to the Halti collar - sort of:lol I did get her to walk around the corner last evening and she met someone from my bookclub. My little girl was exhausted when we got back:lol

Got 4 of the 6 cones from the last Pisgah Peaches and Cream order I placed, so using one of them to make the bag holder. Using up some of my :yarn:yarn:yarn hoard :rofl

Ooooh...new cotton yarn....:c9

Judy, sounds like the DH will be spoiled. Do you have recipe for that spinach pie? My dd and I both love spinach. I'm doing the spinach/mushroom pizza for my supper tonight. She'll have the leftovers when she gets home.

I'll type out the recipe and send it to you in a PM...it's a family recipe and not complicated.

Judy-----what's that ??? You're Spankin-yo-husband for dinner??? lol Just kidding, I've never heard of that dish before is it something I can make?

If you're reasonaly good in the kitchen ANYONE can make this! I'll send it to you, too.

He deserves it!:)

Yup! You have a good memory;)

I've been out watering flowers, pots, etc. and am dripping myself. :( Time for a shower and the grocery store. Have a great morning, ladies. :)

I hate that dripping wet feeling! Summertime means at least 2 showers a day for me...I really perspire (or as the Southern ladies say, I "glow" - ALOT:lol:lol:lol)

later gators!

Judy ~ It sounds like Miss Lucy is maturing. :wink Gracie has her moments...yesterday she stole the commode "caps" from the half-bath and was flipping them around the den. :lol

I posted this in the Dishcloths Cal, too -

What are your favorite cotton WW yarns? I haven't used any in forever, but think I'll make some "fish washcloths." They are so cute and Luke needs one. :D I read some good reviews for "I Love This Cotton" and may get over there tomorrow.

Just a quick drop by, been busy tossing, filing, and organizing today. Have a lot more to go but if you don't start somewhere. Tomorrow morning is go and sit with the mama. Taking the diaper bag with me to finish sewing in the lining and it will be ready to wash and go with dd when the baby is born. Course, have to find some more things to go in it. Want to make a pair of really cute booties I found on Etsy and used part of my refund credit from Peaches and Cream to buy it.

Sunday will take the box to the church when I go and not sure what else, oh, yeah NASCAR races tomorrow and Sunday. Think I'll work on the final panel for the flannelghan (I'm in a WIP finishing mode lately). After I finish that one, have a yellow pineapple one to finish.

Judy, sounds like Shasta with little pieces of her favorite food. She picks it out of the dish, runs full speed ahead to living room, throws it up in air a couple of times, rolls on it and finally eats it. They are such good entertainment!!!

Mary, I use a lot of Peaches and Cream and after their sale have a lot to use :lol But, I Love This Cotton is wonderful as is Bernat's Handicrafter Cotton, it's nice and soft. As you can see, I use a lot of cotton because I :manyheart working with it!

Have a great evening all!

Judy ~ It sounds like Miss Lucy is maturing. :wink Gracie has her moments...yesterday she stole the commode "caps" from the half-bath and was flipping them around the den. :lol

Oh, the mental picture I got from that...I cracked up laughing!:lol:lol:lol

I posted this in the Dishcloths Cal, too -

What are your favorite cotton WW yarns? I haven't used any in forever, but think I'll make some "fish washcloths." They are so cute and Luke needs one. :D I read some good reviews for "I Love This Cotton" and may get over there tomorrow.

I haven't tried ILTCotton, but if it's like the WW yarn of that brand I'm sure it's fantastic stuff!

I use whaver I can grab: Bernat Handicrafter isn't bad at all. I did pick up a very retro variegated - can't remember the brand, though - and will be making an ordinary cloth from that. I usually pick cotton because of color, not brand:lol

I'm easily distracted by bright, shiny things:rofl:rofl

Judy, sounds like Shasta with little pieces of her favorite food. She picks it out of the dish, runs full speed ahead to living room, throws it up in air a couple of times, rolls on it and finally eats it. They are such good entertainment!!!

It sounds like I have another Shasta here:lol:lol:lol

'nite everyone!

See you meet-up ladies in the morning:D

Good morning ladies :coffee

And I'm screaming with Joanne.....TGIF TGIF TGIF :jumpyay

Joanne - a bbq sounds wonderful, have some for me :wink

Well, last day of my crazy work week :yay Worked on a small purse to test last night and hope to finish it up tonight :xfin Which means, YEP, another crochet evening :cheer I do also have to do laundry tonight, so I'll be crocheting in between switching the clothes, but what can ya do :shrug

I'll catch y'all later :hug

Sounds like my evening- laundry and crocheting!!!:lol

The bar-b-que was fun- and they had a raffle and I won a cooler on wheels- soft sided- it's pretty nice so I've had a pretty lucky week with the pen and now the cooler!!!

SO HAPPY ITS THE WEEKEND!!!!:clap:cheer:clap:yay

Happy Friday, everyone. :waving I know several of us are REALLY glad it's Friday. :D

Wrennie ~ I think of you each day and hope you're doing okay. :hug

Julie ~ If you haven't left for your trip, have a great time! :manyheart Hope Cam had fun at camp, too!

Hope you have a good weekend!!!

Yup- meet up weekend and the last one that Marisa will be there before she moves to Pitt!!!:(

Wrennie- thinking of you at this difficult time and sending virtual hugs!!!

Tam--hoping the rain has stopped and that Patrick's tourney is lots of fun!

Cheeria- Hope you are joining us tomorrow!

I'm so glad it's the weekend----and I just heard the timer go off so dinner is ready

Judy and Marisa- see you in the AM!!!! CAn't wait!!!!!

Have a good night everyone..................

Good evening ladies :hi

IT'S THE WEEKEND :woo:bounce:jumpyay:clap:cheer:yay:applause

Ok, can you tell I'm excited :D

1st load of laundry in and the 2nd is ready to go in next. I'm going to pack up my sheets and towels when it starts to cool for the evening since I'm not running my air upstairs. And after I'm done checking in with my ville friends, I'm going to sit and crochet :yes

I'm very excited to see you ladies in the morning :hug

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)... Praise God

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。

Joanne honey....................thank you so much for sharing this with everyone sooner than I could!!!! We were so busy at the tournament I was wanting to share and knew I couldnt until I got home. So thank you for letting everyone know that all their beautiful prayers are worth it!!!

This is what my sweet hubby posted on his CaringBridge site.

***Cancer Free!

Hi All,

Well I had a bone marrow biopsy this past monday. The results just came in today, and it says i have no residual evidence of leukemia!! Praise God!

Next we need to schedule the removal of the central line in my chest and follow up blood tests.

Thank you everyone for all of your love and support. The fight isnt over, but I am sure winning on all scorecards right now!!

Ken***

Thank you everyone for all your love and prayers!!!

Hugs... Love & Blessings to each and every one of you!

:heart

:mug

The news about Ken just fills my heart with joy!!!! Glad you don't mind that I posted the news before you had a chance to Tammy!!! Here's a toast to you and Ken (with coffee cup raised)

Up early as usual---and very excited to be meeting up with my peeps (as Judy would say) soon!!!

Linda- I'm thinking about you and missing you around here!

Val- How's thinks going with your organizing?

Julie- I guess Cam should be finishing up his week at camp- hope he had a blast--and if this is when you are away --that you are enjoying your time!

Cindy- Do you have to work this weekend?

Kiyo- I sure hope you are continuing to feel better--and that your busy busy summer of constant go-go-going will slow up a bit so you can have some down time before the busy busy fall of school and everything for Aree kicks back into full swing.

Mary-any plans to be with Luke this weekend?

Off to re-fill the coffee cup!!!

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)... Praise God

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。

Joanne honey....................thank you so much for sharing this with everyone sooner than I could!!!! We were so busy at the tournament I was wanting to share and knew I couldnt until I got home. So thank you for letting everyone know that all their beautiful prayers are worth it!!!

This is what my sweet hubby posted on his CaringBridge site.

***Cancer Free!

Hi All,

Well I had a bone marrow biopsy this past monday. The results just came in today, and it says i have no residual evidence of leukemia!! Praise God!

Next we need to schedule the removal of the central line in my chest and follow up blood tests.

Thank you everyone for all of your love and support. The fight isnt over, but I am sure winning on all scorecards right now!!

Ken***

Thank you everyone for all your love and prayers!!!

Hugs... Love & Blessings to each and every one of you!

:heart

:mug

:yay:clap:cheer:bounce:jumpyay:woo :woo :woo

I was just so excited to hear this news and knowing how I feel a weight lifted off MY shoulders by hearing this, I can just imagine how elated you all are :yes Continued ongoing prayers to remain in remission :hug

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Archived