Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :coffee

I was up at 7 with a pounding headache and came down to have my coffee and pulled out my sewing machine to fix 2 pieces that have been waiting patiently :lol A tank top that jutted out under my pits and a pair of my scrubs pants.

Going to have a bowl of cereal so I can take some motrin and hope it helps my headache. I think I'll be missing my thursday morning workout :(

I'll give you an update on my aunt later. My mom told my cousin she needs to be there when the doc lets her know if she can travel or not because she's liable to just say that they ok'd her either way :yes

I hope you all have a great day :hug and IT'S MY LAST DAY IN MY OFFICE!!!!! :yay:clap:woo No emptiness feeling yet, but I'm sure it'll hit me at some point about leaving my people :think

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. Its already really hot here.

Joanne, hope your work day flies by! Glad your DD is doing so well.

Marisa, hope your last day in your office goes well.

I woke up with a head ache too. I think it might be caffeine withdrawal. I was out and about all day yesterday, and the only coffee I had all day was a half cup in the morning. Ordinarily I drink a lot more coffee than that.

I'm not sure what I will do today. I am thinking of making this out of all my fabric scraps. There is a matching tote for it too. I will have to be quiet, since DD has to work tonight, so she will be sleeping his afternoon.

On the other hand, I have two hats nearly finished for Kiyo's homeless project. I could work on those, instead of starting something new. I think if I finish those hats, I will have made 5 hats and two scarves since Saturday. (and I've still just barely made a dent in all that yarn!)

Ooops! I hope I'm not rubbing off on you! Between my normal bumps and bruises and the ones from not paying attention with Lucy...and taking a low dose aspirin...if I ever had to see a doctor they ight be asking me alot of personal questions about my home life:rofl:rofl

All I would have to do, though, is bring in my siblings to testify that I've been clutzy all my life.

I could give you a list:lol

:lol me too! My mom would NOT dress me in dresses when I was small. She was afraid someone was thinking she was beating me cause of all the bruises on my legs.

Now I tend to get them on my arms from walking past doorknobs and hitting them. :blush

I finished my tapestry tote bag! It's from of a set of 4 charts - seasonal bags - and really easy to make.

Here's what it looks like. The images are supposed to be a dolphin and a starfish:lol the patterns can be found in Herrschner's catalogue I think, but the designer's site is: www.craftdesigns4you.com

Nice work!

Marissa, I hope your Aunt is OK. Remember your people at your office are only a phone call away once you move.

morning, peeps!

The air outside is so heavy you could cut it!:P

Joanne, lucked out with the pants yesterday. One crop, white, was on sale at J Crew, but got a gorgeous white jeans and kahki ankle length pants at Chico's. NOT on sale - but they fit and have spandex....spandex is my friend:D

And one ting jumped out at me from your post - I'm sure DD knows, but short nosed dogs like bulldogs, etc, can easily developed heat stroke because their noses aren't an efficient cooling system. Though in this weather ANY dog is at risk.

Marisa, prayers for your great aunt.....and yes, she would be so very disappointed not to be able to come!

And I know how bittersweet your last day atthe ofice will be. Changes like you're going to be making are good, but also hard.

Good evening all!

Dd and I went shopping today, then Dh and I went out for dinner and then the grandsons came over unexpectedly, so its been a very busy day.

Sounds busy - but fun!

I just talked to my brother, and he said that my mom is doing better physically, although she is still quite confused. It looks like she may be able to come home next week if she continues to progress. My dad is still on the ventilator, but my brother says he is doing better, and breathing on his own part of the time.

Baby steps...:hug
I woke up with a head ache too. I think it might be caffeine withdrawal. I was out and about all day yesterday, and the only coffee I had all day was a half cup in the morning. Ordinarily I drink a lot more coffee than that.sounds like me, too - I was wondering if it could also be lack of fresh air, since we're all living in AC.

I'm not sure what I will do today. I am thinking of making this out of all my fabric scraps. There is a matching tote for it too. I will have to be quiet, since DD has to work tonight, so she will be sleeping his afternoon.

On the other hand, I have two hats nearly finished for Kiyo's homeless project. I could work on those, instead of starting something new. I think if I finish those hats, I will have made 5 hats and two scarves since Saturday. (and I've still just barely made a dent in all that yarn!)

I LOVE both links! Esp the tote!

Last night I was wondering aout using2 stands of stash to make piles of pet blankets! I really want new colors and new yarn, but I really have no place left to hide any.

Off I go - have a good day, my friends - and thanks for the compliments on my nwe tote.:)

WARNING

The picture of the dog posted here....is wanted.

The animal which answers to the names...Lucy, Susie, Hiedie ...and babushki, is wanted in Aberdeen township for attacking her older brother Sparky.

Sparky, a real sweetheart of a dog.....was attacked for no reason while he sat playing with his favorite toy.

Lucy....who was raised in a barn, and who has lost most of her teeth from biting Sparky, was last seen eating mulch in her backyard.

If you should see this animal......call 911. She will come to you if you promise her a cookie, and offer her a banana which must be chewed by a human first.

post-8552-135897679238_thumb.jpg

WARNING

The animal which answers to the names...Lucy, Susie, Hiedie ...and babushki, is wanted in Aberdeen township for attacking her older brother Sparky.

Sparky, a real sweetheart of a dog.....was attacked for no reason while he sat playing with his favorite toy.

Lucy....who was raised in a barn, and who has lost most of her teeth from biting Sparky, was last seen eating mulch in her backyard.

If you should see this animal......call 911. She will come to you if you promise her a cookie, and offer her a banana which must be chewed by a human first.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Bubushki!!!! Haven't heard that word in a while :think Priceless pic :D

I just got word that my great aunt is cleared to fly :clap:yay:woo

So, I'll be picking up my cousin tomorrow mornng, she's on the same flight for tomorrow that she would have been on today. My aunt's flight was already scheduled for tomorrow with her other daughter so no changes for them :clap

It was angina, not another heart attack :whew

Thank you all for the extra help with your prayers :hug :hug :hug

Good morning everyone. Kim has an appointment to get her hair cut late this afternoon.She and John are going to a family reunion next weekend, so it's time to get her hair and nails done. Nails will be next week while he's in California for a work conference.

I'm having black cherry frozen yogurt topped with Nestle's Quick for breakfast. :lol How's that for unusual. :lol

It's the July Charity CAL week, so I've got a preemie afghan and an Uglee Doll started for that. This Uglee Doll I'm trying a variegated yarn. I think that I like the solids better, but we'll see how it looks when it's done.

Tammy, hope the fire fighters are doing better. :hug

I finished my tapestry tote bag! It's from of a set of 4 charts - seasonal bags - and really easy to make.

Here's what it looks like. The images are supposed to be a dolphin and a starfish:lol the patterns can be found in Herrschner's catalogue I think, but the designer's site is: www.craftdesigns4you.com

What a lovely tote, Judy! :cheer

I finished all the narratives and have them up to date :clap:yay Tomorrow is my last day at my office :D

Not much else to say, I have to go fill up the pinatas to get that done and I already packed my bag. Have some other things to do too :sigh

:cheer Yay for getting all the narratives done. :cheer

Love both of those patterns, Cindy.

WARNING

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl You just made my day!

So, I'll be picking up my cousin tomorrow mornng, she's on the same flight for tomorrow that she would have been on today. My aunt's flight was already scheduled for tomorrow with her other daughter so no changes for them :clap

Fabulous news!!! :yay

WARNING

:lol:lol:lol

Tell Phil he made my day! Guess Miss Lucy has been a little rambunctious, huh?

I hadnt thought about the lack of fresh air contributing to my ehadache, but it certainly sounds likely. Two cups of coffee got rid of mine this morning.

And I am also a klutz, and have been all my life. I rarely go out to eat in light colored clothes, because I will inevitably spill something or get spilled on.

I ended up working on crocheted hats this morning, in between other chores. I finished a ladies hat and am almost finished with a man's hat. The man's hat pattern is super boring, (many hat patterns are, actually, but usually they are finished quickly, so I can deal with it.) This one is all single crochet, so it is really going s-l-o-w-l-y! I'm past the halfway point now. I'm just hoping dh doesn't decide he wants one like it. (naturally he would want different colors....) He's been talking about me making him a hat, but so far, none of the ones I have made have caught his eye. This is the pattern I'm using. I like the look of the hat...but it is tedious......

Marisa, good news about your aunt. Hope they all arrive safely.

Linda, your breakfast sounds unusual, but tasty.

Well, better get back to work.....

*Happy* Thursday*! I can't believe how my time flys! I mean, IT FLYS!!!! Where the HE** has July gone so fast-----maybe with all of my misery and pain, it's gone by me! lol

Wrennie----yes I did get your box of goodies----I posted some photos on my "OPERATION WARMTH entry"

Linda----WOW==you've been crazy busy! THey all look awesome!

Cindy- you're great too working on projects for me!

Loves and hugs to you all!

I'm hoping I'm not getting sick, I slept with the swamp cooler( many of you might not even know what they are- lol due to your high humidity) I LOVE mine! I slept with it on last night and woke up this morning with a sore throat----not sure if I might of sucked in some paint chips from my wall from snoring so loud or what it might be----better NOT be a summer cold!!!

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

:sun Well………. Its gonna be another hot one today! Please stay cool and safe everyone!! I am indoors for the day. I may go out and swim with the boys later… but we’re pretty much stayin’ inside. Today is our first day of going nowhere! The District Tournament is over for the Jr Legion team. It starts today for the Seniors. But Ken and I are done working! :whew

I get to spend the day crocheting all I want! :yay

Thank you ladies for all the prayers for the firefighters. I have no word yet on how they are … but I’ll keep you updated! We found out last night that the house that burned was a friends of my son Patrick. L I believe it’s a family of 5… parents and 3 girls. I may make a little something for the girls to comfort them during this loss.

I finished the dishcloths I was working on for my mom. From the 3 balls of cotton… I got 6 cloths… with just a touch of cotton left over. I may try to combine the three colors to see if I can get just one more cloth.

I am almost done with my friends gift for her and her daughter. :hook

I have 8 more squares and a border to do on the baby blanket that matches the SBT and that gift will be done too!

Shhhh… I wont tell you skipped your appointment if you don’t Trish… LOL

Oh Judy…………. That bag is outstanding!!! Fabulous job!

Good news about your folks Cindy! I’m still prayin’!! :hug

OMGosh………….. Judy… That pic and caption of Lucy……….. TOO FUNNY!

:hi and :hug to all!!!

Okay… need a coffee refill.

Catch up more later!

:heart

:mug

I'm glad we brought some laughs into your day! I always told hubby that he's the writer (he has imagination) and I'm the editor...;)

That's GREAT news!

I hadnt thought about the lack of fresh air contributing to my ehadache, but it certainly sounds likely. Two cups of coffee got rid of mine this morning.

And I am also a klutz, and have been all my life. I rarely go out to eat in light colored clothes, because I will inevitably spill something or get spilled on.

I ended up working on crocheted hats this morning, in between other chores. I finished a ladies hat and am almost finished with a man's hat. The man's hat pattern is super boring, (many hat patterns are, actually, but usually they are finished quickly, so I can deal with it.) This one is all single crochet, so it is really going s-l-o-w-l-y! I'm past the halfway point now. I'm just hoping dh doesn't decide he wants one like it. (naturally he would want different colors....) He's been talking about me making him a hat, but so far, none of the ones I have made have caught his eye. This is the pattern I'm using. I like the look of the hat...but it is tedious......

I love the hat pattern. Simple is good for me, esp with wearables...I saved it...it calls for bulky, but 2 strands should work, I would guess:think

And yes, Miss Lucy is rambunctious.

Every day.

Unless her tummy is full:lol:lol:lol:lol

Judy, I used a strand of WW and a strand of sock yarn that my mom gave me years ago. I also used a bigger hook. (size I) No way could I do all that sc with a G hook and bulky yarn! I did 36 sc's per row, rather than the 40 some that the pattern called for.

The hat is finished, and in the washer. I like everything about it, except how bulky it is at the top where it is gathered together. Hopefully a run through the washer and dryer with some fabric softener will make that a little better.

Guess where they are going, Kiyo. The scarves and hats are in a box with your name on it. :lol :lol :lol

Kim's haircut went well and she looks cute in her new do.

morning, peeps!

The air outside is so heavy you could cut it!:P

Joanne, lucked out with the pants yesterday. One crop, white, was on sale at J Crew, but got a gorgeous white jeans and kahki ankle length pants at Chico's. NOT on sale - but they fit and have spandex....spandex is my friend:D

And one ting jumped out at me from your post - I'm sure DD knows, but short nosed dogs like bulldogs, etc, can easily developed heat stroke because their noses aren't an efficient cooling system. Though in this weather ANY dog is at risk.

Off I go - have a good day, my friends - and thanks for the compliments on my nwe tote.:)

Oh, yes, she knows about the bulldogs and the heat---that is why she took her out in the evening when it's a little cooler. Belle does like ice chips- it's one of her favorite things!!!

Great find on the summer slacks!!!!

Good evening housemates :hi

Great day at work and I left for the very last time :yay:clap Now officially on vacation through next week :bounce Then 2 more weeks at a different office and then it's done.

I have to pack up and decide what to take to my parents wtih me :think So I may even get some tv time in too :xfin My cousin will now get here in the AM so I'll pick her and her friend up and then up to my parents we go :yay

I guess they had a little drama up there today. My mom called to vent about my brother again and she really thinks alot of what's going on is directly related to my sister :think Not quite sure why he would have it out for her, she's the one that paid for more than half of their flights here and for them to go to hersheypark on monday :think She'd bend over backwards for all of us :shrug Mary thinks maybe because we're all moving to Pittsburgh and not Phoenix :think I don't know, but I sure hope everybody's acting normal by the time I get there tomorrow because I really don't need all that on top of all my other stress right now :no My sister was quite upset as well and ended up leaving the house just driving around. I really think he needs some kind of an intervention, but what and how is totally beyond me. BUT what I can say, is that there's no reason to upset our mother!!!!!

OK, I vented :lol I'm going to crochet a bit tonight too, I'm testing a dishcloth pattern which should work up quickly :yes So that'll give me a little stress relief :xfin

Be back either later :hug

Oh, yes, she knows about the bulldogs and the heat---that is why she took her out in the evening when it's a little cooler. Belle does like ice chips- it's one of her favorite things!!!

Great find on the summer slacks!!!!

I seem to be a step (minute) behind you in all our threads tonight :lol

I just got word that my great aunt is cleared to fly :clap:yay:woo AWESOME NEWS

So, I'll be picking up my cousin tomorrow mornng, she's on the same flight for tomorrow that she would have been on today. My aunt's flight was already scheduled for tomorrow with her other daughter so no changes for them :clapYAY

It was angina, not another heart attack :whewPhew!!!!

WARNING

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Thanks for that!!!!

Good morning everyone. Kim has an appointment to get her hair cut late this afternoon.She and John are going to a family reunion next weekend, so it's time to get her hair and nails done. Nails will be next week while he's in California for a work conference.

I'm having black cherry frozen yogurt topped with Nestle's Quick for breakfast. :lol How's that for unusual. :lolHey, if you like it, why not;)

It's the July Charity CAL week, so I've got a preemie afghan and an Uglee Doll started for that. This Uglee Doll I'm trying a variegated yarn. I think that I like the solids better, but we'll see how it looks when it's done.

Cant wait to see it!!!

Tammy, hope the fire fighters are doing better. :hug

What a lovely tote, Judy! :cheer

:cheer Yay for getting all the narratives done. :cheer

Love both of those patterns, Cindy. So do I!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl You just made my day!

Fabulous news!!! :yay

Marisa, good news about your aunt. Hope they all arrive safely.

Linda, your breakfast sounds unusual, but tasty.

Well, better get back to work.....

Love all the links- and I do like that hat--saved it!!

*Happy* Thursday*! I can't believe how my time flys! I mean, IT FLYS!!!! Where the HE** has July gone so fast-----maybe with all of my misery and pain, it's gone by me! lol

Wrennie----yes I did get your box of goodies----I posted some photos on my "OPERATION WARMTH entry"

Linda----WOW==you've been crazy busy! THey all look awesome!

Cindy- you're great too working on projects for me!

Loves and hugs to you all!

I'm hoping I'm not getting sick, I slept with the swamp cooler( many of you might not even know what they are- lol due to your high humidity) I LOVE mine! I slept with it on last night and woke up this morning with a sore throat----not sure if I might of sucked in some paint chips from my wall from snoring so loud or what it might be----better NOT be a summer cold!!!

Have no clue what a swamp cooler is:think

Long day- hot/humid/yucky- and I'm tired!!! Still haven't eaten, so off I go to do that- DH should be home soon.

Hugs to all of you and I'll be back in the AM!

Forgot my replies :blush

Linda - that sure is an unusual breakfast, but that's usually the good stuff :yes:wink Glad Kim's hair appt went well :clap

Kiyo - I hope your throat is feeling better :hug

Tam - Any word on the firefighters? I think making the 3 little girls something is a great idea :yes How did your whole day of crocheting go?

Judy and Joanne - hope your days went well :hug

I hate family drama!!! Hope everything cools off by tomorrow- and I agree- no reason to upset your mother!!!

Yup- crocheting is great stress relief!!!! Think I'll do a little tonight- maybe a dishcloth too- I can't bear the thought of anything larger tonight!

Archived