Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I'm home from a long day--but a very exciting long day!!!

Ryan made his entrance into the world at 5:51 PM. He weighed 7lbs 8 oz- and is 19 1/2 inches long! Once DD started pushing, he was born in 13 minutes. It was getting to the pushing part that took so long!!

He is beautiful- and Mom, Dad and baby are all doing good.

It is just an incredible feeling to be a Grandma!:c9

:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:hug:manyheart That's awesome! Congrats Grandma! It really is the best feeling in the world!

Hi ladies

Long time, no post .

Just came in to read up on the past 10 pages or so of posts and catch up with you all.

As for life here, it has been crappy .Will try to do it like that guy on the fast talking commercials they had on years ago .

Car broke ,250 bucks

Truck broke ,100

No vacation because our vehicles are both undependable for long trips at this point .

Bad windstorm came through,no electric for 20 hours. Had to throw away a good portion of food .Also had to go down to plug in my nebulizer twice (at the ambulance garage.)They wanted to take me to ER,but I didnt want to spend any other money . It was 92 ,no air,no fans .Ended up going to a motel next town over so it'd be cool enough to breathe and use my neb machine .

Took care of Cam one day last week and he got the stomach flu,so 2 days later, I got it .

No sign of our girl and family,but finally last night Sam heard from her, (while i was laying down to keep from gagging) .I guess they spent time with her husbands family last week,but we hope to see them this week once this flu is gone and we are sure Sam doesnt get it too .

SO............that's the shortened version of life in Hillbilly Village .

A big howdy to those I missed . Didnt have the gumption to read thru all the posts I missed... this nausea about puts me out of commission .

I'm trying to make a dishcloth today -- Tam's beautiful pictures were too tempting . Gotta keep my hands busy somehow .

:hugWhen it rains it poors! Hope you feel better soon!:hug

.:: Good Afternoon ::.

Well….. I have my new “hand-me-down” furniture from my mom… and boys is it nice! Made a new little crochet space in my basement until I can get my craft room back! (remember… it’s a step-by-step project after my daughters destruction. I got my 15yr olds room clean on Saturday… so one of the recliners I got from mom went in his room.

Today is a nice relaxing day with my new little craft spot. Later we will go to the Sr Legion baseball game! Gotta cheer them on! J

This is my new little spot…

As we keep working on the upstairs… I’ll get my craft room done… but until then… I will happily sit here! J

Still have to put the feet on the loveseat.... Need to find the special bit for the screws.

[ATTACH]42688[/ATTACH]

Judy... glad the link worked this time! Glad you found something else to play with on my blog too... heheheeee :hug

Julie......... hey sweetie! :hug and :heart to you! I sure hope today starts the week off better!

Joanne............ CONGRATS sweetie on that new grandbaby!!!

:hug... :heart and Prayers to you all!!!!!!

:heart

:mug

Love your new space! We all need an area we can call our own!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still on:c9 but going into Paradise just the same! Can't wait till I can see the happy family after work!!!

Is this your first grandbaby? It is so cool to watch those little beings. Ya just want to stop time and then they do something even more stupendous, lol! I have a twenty mo. old and her little sis is due in a couple of weeks, and then my other DD is due in December. All girls!

This is gonna be fun!:yay

Sherry

Just a quick check in from my parents. Mom is home and very happy to be here. She is quite confused and very quiet, but the excitement of coming home was very tiring for her, so tomorrow may be better.My dad is the same, still sedated and on the ventilator, but his fever is gone and his chest xray is better, so hopefully there will be progress soon.

Julie, sorry things have been so crappy over there. Hope you feel better soon, that Sam doesn't get sick and that you get to see your DD and family.

Joanne, congratulations, Grandma!

I am on my dad's computer and it has a very different keyboard, so typing is difficult. Therefore I am going to stop here. Hopefully, I will be able to check in tomorrow.

Is this your first grandbaby? It is so cool to watch those little beings. Ya just want to stop time and then they do something even more stupendous' date=' lol! I have a twenty mo. old and her little sis is due in a couple of weeks, and then my other DD is due in December. All girls!

Sherry[/quote']

Oh, Sherry, it is going to be a busy, happy place in your neck of the woods soon.

Just a quick check in from my parents. Mom is home and very happy to be here. She is quite confused and very quiet, but the excitement of coming home was very tiring for her, so tomorrow may be better.My dad is the same, still sedated and on the ventilator, but his fever is gone and his chest xray is better, so hopefully there will be progress soon.

Glad your mom finally made it home, Cindy. Hugs and prayers for your dad. :hug :hug :hug

Sorry things have been rough in so many ways, Julie. Hope they straighten out soon and that DD and grandkids arrive soon.

Glad you've got a space of your own now, Tammy. And before long you will have your craft room too.

Hi all,

Good to hear from you Julie- but sorry to hear life has been crappy- hopefully the flu bug doesn't hit Sam- and that you see your girl and grandkids soon!

Got home around 9:30--I'm tired- so not going to post to everyone- Ryan is just gorgeous- and I'm taking off Wed, Thurs, Fri to get to know him better- (and help out DD and SIL)

See you in the AM!

Is this your first grandbaby? It is so cool to watch those little beings. Ya just want to stop time and then they do something even more stupendous' date=' lol! I have a twenty mo. old and her little sis is due in a couple of weeks, and then my other DD is due in December. All girls!

Sherry[/quote']

I have 3 DD's so having a grandson is a treat!!! Sure sounds like you are having lots of fun with your granddaughter- and now to have 2 more coming shortly----:c9

Hello all. Not going to try to respond to all the messages I missed these last few days, but will do a quick run through of things.

First, last Thursday had eye surgeon appt. Was going good and he was going to prescribe the glasses. Then, he looked into my eye with his magic glass and didn't like what he saw. The pocket of blood he couldn't get to has started to create scar tissue and pull at the retina. Have to watch it closely and if any change, call immediately so it can get taken care of right away. Bummed me out. Then had chemo that afternoon and boy, did it knock me on my butt. I slept most of the day Sat. and all day Sunday. Not sure if it's a steroid crash going on or what. Just this round seems to be wiping me out.

Today, worked and then took nap and it stormed all day. So, sat and crocheted. Finished up testing the felted tote for Sue and put it in wash to felt. Got busy with dinner and forgot about it. Think it felted a bit to much :lol Also finished one of Carlinda's totes. Easy things, nothing to taxing for me.

Joanne, congratulations :clap

Cindy, glad your mom is home and your dad is doing some better. :hug and prayers to you and your family.

Julie, sounds like you've had it rough for sure :hug :hug :hug

Sherry, you'll definitely be busy with all those new babies!

Linda, sounds like you and Kim will have a good few days.

Hi Jude, Trish, Kiyo, and anyone else I've missed. Haven't read all the way back through the messages. Just wanted to let you all know, I'm still here :)

Morning glories!

Quick post to send hugs to all---I have a crazy busy day ahead of me since I'm taking the rest of the week off!!

Cindy- Glad to hear your Mom is doing ok- and I'm glad you got to post. I'm glad that you are getting to spend some time with your parents!

Linda- Enjoy the girl time!

Everyone- thanks for the congrats on becoming a grandma!

Sherry

Yep,you are right,grandbabies are the greatest ,and somehow watching it all for the second time though our grandkid's ,it seems so much different. Maybe more enjoyable and easier -- no stress ,just being older and more able to relax and enjoy the show !

Joanne

Can't wait to see a pic if you get time to post one. I know it's probably a real busy time right now. It is really lots of fun to hold that new baby after so long ,isnt it ?

Cindy

Thanks for checking in .I'm hoping maybe your mom will be a bit better today.Sorry your dad is so ill too. That'd be so very hard to have it all happen at once like this . You are strong,so I think you can be strong for your parents. Maybe being a nurse may help in a way,although it is a totally different situation when it's family .

Linda

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll be ok.Just gotta learn to quit letting things get to me .

Toni

Sorry about the news on your eye . I hope it doesnt worsen and you wont have to get any more done to it . Also,sorry the chemo is making you so ill. Maybe your resistance is down a little now . Hope you can get your power back and feel better real soon . It's good you can at least crochet and be a pattern tester. That would help to keep your mind on other things a bit maybe. Are there links of pictures or patterns on here someplace ?

Hi Wrennie

Thanks for stopping in ! Hope you have a good day today .

Good morning, my fellow hookers. :) It's super muggy and going to be another hot one, although not as hot as it was last week. Only supposed to hit 90 today instead of 98 that was the norm last week.

The fish tank guy was here for about 3 or 4 hours yesterday and the tank is sparkly clean now. He brought over 2 new fish, but had to take one back out as it was too aggressive towards the other fish. We talked about what to get to add to the tank and he'll bring them over when they arrive.

John's flight was delayed because of bad weather on the west coast and when he finally got in he got stuck on the highway behind a 6 car pileup that closed all lanes. Not sure when he finally got to his hotel.

I finished the current prayer shawl yesterday. Just have to hide a few tails and it will be ready to wash and mail out. Have an Uglee Doll to finish up and also a preemie hat to do today. I worked out a pattern for a fancy quilt block yesterday, too.

Kim is fiesty and funny and in a good mood. Having her morning breathing treatments at the moment and watching TV.

Got home around 9:30--I'm tired- so not going to post to everyone- Ryan is just gorgeous- and I'm taking off Wed, Thurs, Fri to get to know him better- (and help out DD and SIL)

See you in the AM!

Awesome! Have a great time with Ryan.

First, last Thursday had eye surgeon appt. Was going good and he was going to prescribe the glasses. Then, he looked into my eye with his magic glass and didn't like what he saw. The pocket of blood he couldn't get to has started to create scar tissue and pull at the retina. Have to watch it closely and if any change, call immediately so it can get taken care of right away. Bummed me out. Then had chemo that afternoon and boy, did it knock me on my butt. I slept most of the day Sat. and all day Sunday. Not sure if it's a steroid crash going on or what. Just this round seems to be wiping me out.

Oh, Toni. Sorry about the problems with the eye. Take it easy with the chemo reactions. Wish I were closer to help, but will have to settle for sending prayers and hugs your way. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Today, worked and then took nap and it stormed all day. So, sat and crocheted. Finished up testing the felted tote for Sue and put it in wash to felt. Got busy with dinner and forgot about it. Think it felted a bit to much :lol Also finished one of Carlinda's totes. Easy things, nothing to taxing for me.

Sounds like a busy day to me.

Glad to hear they are improving! Hopefully your dad will be home soon as well.:hug

I am on my dad's computer and it has a very different keyboard, so typing is difficult. Therefore I am going to stop here. Hopefully, I will be able to check in tomorrow.

Hi all,

Good to hear from you Julie- but sorry to hear life has been crappy- hopefully the flu bug doesn't hit Sam- and that you see your girl and grandkids soon!

See you in the AM!

:cheerFor taking a few days off to spend with the new baby! They really are priceless. Have fun!

Hello all. Not going to try to respond to all the messages I missed these last few days, but will do a quick run through of things.

First, last Thursday had eye surgeon appt. Was going good and he was going to prescribe the glasses. Then, he looked into my eye with his magic glass and didn't like what he saw. The pocket of blood he couldn't get to has started to create scar tissue and pull at the retina. Have to watch it closely and if any change, call immediately so it can get taken care of right away. Bummed me out. Then had chemo that afternoon and boy, did it knock me on my butt. I slept most of the day Sat. and all day Sunday. Not sure if it's a steroid crash going on or what. Just this round seems to be wiping me out.:hugSorry about your eye!

Today, worked and then took nap and it stormed all day. So, sat and crocheted. Finished up testing the felted tote for Sue and put it in wash to felt. Got busy with dinner and forgot about it. Think it felted a bit to much :lol Also finished one of Carlinda's totes. Easy things, nothing to taxing for me. Sounds like you got a chance to relax and stay busy at the same time!:lol

Hi Jude, Trish, Kiyo, and anyone else I've missed. Haven't read all the way back through the messages. Just wanted to let you all know, I'm still here :)

Good morning, my fellow hookers. :) It's super muggy and going to be another hot one, although not as hot as it was last week. Only supposed to hit 90 today instead of 98 that was the norm last week.Supposed to be close to 90 here today, so I'll be staying indoors and crocheting my little heart out!:lol

The fish tank guy was here for about 3 or 4 hours yesterday and the tank is sparkly clean now. He brought over 2 new fish, but had to take one back out as it was too aggressive towards the other fish. We talked about what to get to add to the tank and he'll bring them over when they arrive.

John's flight was delayed because of bad weather on the west coast and when he finally got in he got stuck on the highway behind a 6 car pileup that closed all lanes. Not sure when he finally got to his hotel.

I finished the current prayer shawl yesterday. Just have to hide a few tails and it will be ready to wash and mail out. Have an Uglee Doll to finish up and also a preemie hat to do today. I worked out a pattern for a fancy quilt block yesterday, too. Busy busy! Wish I could get half as much accomplished as you do!

Kim is fiesty and funny and in a good mood. Having her morning breathing treatments at the moment and watching TV.

Glad she's having a good day!:hug

Awesome! Have a great time with Ryan.

Sounds like a busy day to me.

Sorry for the flyby, my friends - been a busy morning already trying to get things done around here....leashing the dogs to go out since the lawn was treated this AM...and cleaning...all the fun stuff.

I want to go on strike:lol

I see lots of hugs and encouragement are needed...along with celebrating some good, fun stuff going on.

I love you gals!:hug:manyheart

GOOD MORNING!!!!! Hope everyone is having a good day so far!:hug I didn't get up until after 8 this morning, had a headache when I woke up earlier, so I decided to go back to sleep for a while!:lol It's gone now so I think the extra sleep helped. Managed to get a load of laundry started and empty the dishwasher while I waited for my coffee.

Yesterday was pretty busy. Went up to my mom's because the horseshoer was going to be there and I needed to take care of that. Got some vegis from her huge garden and helped her out with a couple of things. Got back home and dd and gs came over to visit for the afternoon before her Dr. appt. She is due with baby #2 in Sept and we've been working on her baby shower in Aug. GS will be 1 on the 8th of August! He is just the cutest little guy! Anyway, after they left I made a zucchini tomato pie to go with our pork ribs for dinner. It was actually pretty tasty!

Today will be a quiet one so I'll be able to work on a couple of projects and go to the P.O. to mail out some packages.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the tile work.:hug

Have a fabulous day!:hug:manyheart

post-18634-135897680825_thumb.gif.::Good Morning::.

Well… yesterday was a good day! I got 2 dishcloths made…

post-18634-13589768082_thumb.jpg

4 friendship’ghan squares…. And some finishing touches on a couple projects. I got a few loads of laundry done….. and we went to the Sr Legion baseball game.

Today I’m going to get some more crochet time in.. a load of laundry or two… and off to the second round of try outs for Patrick. He was called back for a 2nd try out for the USA Nebraska team. He’s really nervous and I’m starting to wonder if he is emotionally ready for this. We talked a lot with him last night….. told him to sleep on it and see if this is really something he wants to pursue. No matter what his decision… I’m super proud of him.

:hug & :heart to everyone

Off to tend to a load of laundry and get more coffee

Thank you all for the well wishes. I am doing okay, still sore but good.

Joanne~Congrats on baby Ryan's arrival & health. :manyheart:hug

Julie~No, they really don't know what caused it. My bloodwork was all good except a little anemia not enough to cause trouble. They have guessed at it though such as orthostatic hypotension and possible dehydration. When doing orthostatic VS my heart rate raised from 80 laying down to over 110 standing and that was rising real slow. I am a quick popper when I get out of bed, so I have learned to just take it slow. :snail

Thanks again for all the concern & I will try to pop in later if I can motivate myself enough. ;)

Have a great day. :ghug

Hello everyone.

Tab, I missed your accident post. At least baby is okay. Hope you feel a little better each day.

Mom had a good morning. We even went for a short walk outside, but by lunchtime she was already very tired and as she got more fatigues, she got more and more confused. She slept for ten hours last night and is napping now. Hopeful her stamina will improve.

My dad's nurse says that he was doing quite well breathing on his own today, so hopefully he will soon be ready to go to rehab.

I did manage to get a little crocheting in while I have been here. I started a baby sweater.

[ATTACH]42740[/ATTACH].::Good Morning::.

[ATTACH]42739[/ATTACH]

4 friendship’ghan squares…. And some finishing touches on a couple projects. I got a few loads of laundry done….. and we went to the Sr Legion baseball game.

Today I’m going to get some more crochet time in.. a load of laundry or two… and off to the second round of try outs for Patrick. He was called back for a 2nd try out for the USA Nebraska team. He’s really nervous and I’m starting to wonder if he is emotionally ready for this. We talked a lot with him last night….. told him to sleep on it and see if this is really something he wants to pursue. No matter what his decision… I’m super proud of him.

Good luck to Patrick if he tries out and it's totally okay if he doesn't. I'm rooting for him no matter what he decides. :cheer :cheer :cheer You've sure been busy. Wow!!! :yay

Thank you all for the well wishes. I am doing okay, still sore but good.

Julie~No, they really don't know what caused it. My bloodwork was all good except a little anemia not enough to cause trouble. They have guessed at it though such as orthostatic hypotension and possible dehydration. When doing orthostatic VS my heart rate raised from 80 laying down to over 110 standing and that was rising real slow. I am a quick popper when I get out of bed, so I have learned to just take it slow. :snail

Thanks again for all the concern & I will try to pop in later if I can motivate myself enough. ;)

Have a great day. :ghug

Take it really easy there Miss Tabby. Maybe baby is putting pressure on some of the veins or arteries and causing the problem. We want you both to come through this with flying colors.

Hello everyone.

Mom had a good morning. We even went for a short walk outside, but by lunchtime she was already very tired and as she got more fatigues, she got more and more confused. She slept for ten hours last night and is napping now. Hopeful her stamina will improve.

My dad's nurse says that he was doing quite well breathing on his own today, so hopefully he will soon be ready to go to rehab.

I did manage to get a little crocheting in while I have been here. I started a baby sweater.

Cindy, that's good news about both mom and dad.

[ATTACH]42740[/ATTACH].::Good Morning::.

[ATTACH]42739[/ATTACH]

:hug & :heart to everyone

Off to tend to a load of laundry and get more coffee

beautiful work...and wonderful "setting"...

ladies' date=' you are all so nice. I haven't been on here long enough to "know"you, but i really appreciate your concern, happiness, etc.

For those that are having problem, I wish you well!

Sherry[/quote']Hi, Sherry!:hug

Being in the hospital is extremely draining...hopefully mom will get more and more rest and feel more herself.

Today the dogs spent HOURS together...and we had some very peaceful moments... Lucy actually got tired of leaping on Sparkie and here's the proof (they were watching someone get their lawn mowed):

post-8552-135897680926_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897680943_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897680975_thumb.jpg

Well, had a long note all written, answered posts, getting back on the ball and POOF it was gone :sigh

So :hug :hug to all that need them, prayers for all, for those who are having physical issues, sending healing :angel :angel and prayers your way.

Jude, will be posting photos as soon as I get them out of the camera. That baby of your's is sure growing up fast!

Talk to you all later!

Hi all,

Home from visiting Ryan- and tomorrow is Grammy's day to run errands- LOL

I have lists of things- and grocery shopping is one of the things (that I like least to do), but will happily do since it's for the new happy family!!!

Hugs/prayers to all who need them

Judy- love the pics of Sparkie and Lucy!

Julie- It is great holding a newborn again!!!

Linda- Glad to hear Kim is in a feisty mood

Off I go before my eyes won't stay awake!!

Today the dogs spent HOURS together...and we had some very peaceful moments... Lucy actually got tired of leaping on Sparkie and here's the proof (they were watching someone get their lawn mowed):

Beautiful pictures of Sparkie and Lucy, Judy. Wow! Is she ever growing fast.

John called tonight as I was getting Kim ready for bed. She was sitting on the potty and started to laugh at him. She cracked me up. She was laughing, waving her arm around, then waving a little bear around, and laughing, laughing, laughing. At one point she kissed the phone. She'd listen a bit and then off she'd go on another laughing binge. She kept it up for 15 to 20 minutes. It was a hoot.

Have fun shopping and running errands for DD and family tomorrow, Joanne. :hug :hug :hug to all of them.

Archived