Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Families can be a real pain sometines, can't they? We have to take the good with the bad. Just love them and enjoy them while you can, since they won't be around forever.

Hi Phyllis!!! You are so right!!!! :hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, jumping in the car to drive now. My cousin called and now they are not coming. Apparently my aunt's PCP cleared her, but she didn't see the cardiologist until about 5:30 tonight after she started to get more chest pains and he did a chemical stress test and was not able to get good results. So he said he wanted to repeat the test tomorrow and if he still couldn't get results would have to do a catheterization and my aunt said to just do the catheterization. My cousin doen't feel comfortable now coming with that situation and I completely understand that. So she's staying back with her sister, but her sister's kids are still coming. Their arrangements will still work out. So let me just ask for continued prayers :hug :hug :hug

On that note, I gotta run so I can get on the road :hug :hug :hug I'll try to check in tomorrow

Good morning and Happy Friday!!

Marisa- Sorry to hear about your aunt and will continue prayers for her! Have a wonderful time with all the family and positive thoughts that all will be drama-free!!!

Please try and stay cool everyone- stay hydrated- drink lots of water- Hugs to all!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm at my parents and we're just having breakfast. The kids are all up and running around. Pop and I were able to get the turtles cleaned up before all the ruckus began :yay

I'll try to get back.

Good morning everyone. I sat outside to eat breakfast, and although its warm, it isn't too bad yet. It looks like rain, and we could really use some.

Not sure what I will do today. I didn't sleep well, and don't feel too ambitious.

And I am also a klutz, and have been all my life. I rarely go out to eat in light colored clothes, because I will inevitably spill something or get spilled on.

I went out to dinner with my parents once. I was probably 16 or so. Had long hair then too. I was wearing a white shirt. I ordered chicken cacciatore (funny I remember what I had) I leaned forward a bit to eat it so as to not frip on my white shirt. Well unknown to me the tip of my hair were getting in my saucce. So whenI was done and sat straight, 2 red lines of sauce down the front of my white shirt! :lol That was my aha! I'll never wear white when near food again moment.

Wrennie----yes I did get your box of goodies----I posted some photos on my "OPERATION WARMTH entry"

Ok good!

I'm hoping I'm not getting sick, I slept with the swamp cooler( many of you might not even know what they are- lol due to your high humidity) I LOVE mine! I slept with it on last night and woke up this morning with a sore throat----not sure if I might of sucked in some paint chips from my wall from snoring so loud or what it might be----better NOT be a summer cold!!!

I hope it was just from snoring. Feel better!

Me too- my hands seem to pick up bruises so easily--from the slightest little bump---:lol

Another bruiser to join the club! :clap

Marissa sorry about all the health troubles with your aunt. I hope it all clears up soon!

DMV sends a mobile unit to out town on fridays. I'm going to turn in Martons plates today. It's been an ordeal this morning. First, I cant find his registration. I don't know if I need it. Then I look at the bolt to see the size wrench I need, go to get a cool tool he has but cant find the connector for the tool to connect the socket to the handle, can't find the top tray of his tool box with all the small wrenches, get one bolt (screw type) off the back, the other one is spinning the nylon nut with it. I DID find the wd-40, theyre real rusty nuts n bolts. Gave em all a good spray. One of the front ones let loose with a pair of pliers but front and back are spinning. Have to see if the wd40 soaked in enough to get them off. Then back to the search for the reggy. :sigh what a pain!

Good evening housemates :hi

Great day at work and I left for the very last time :yay:clap Now officially on vacation through next week :bounce Then 2 more weeks at a different office and then it's done.

WooHoo!!!!

I guess they had a little drama up there today. My mom called to vent about my brother again and she really thinks alot of what's going on is directly related to my sister :think Not quite sure why he would have it out for her, she's the one that paid for more than half of their flights here and for them to go to hersheypark on monday :think She'd bend over backwards for all of us :shrug Mary thinks maybe because we're all moving to Pittsburgh and not Phoenix :think I don't know, but I sure hope everybody's acting normal by the time I get there tomorrow because I really don't need all that on top of all my other stress right now :no My sister was quite upset as well and ended up leaving the house just driving around. I really think he needs some kind of an intervention, but what and how is totally beyond me. BUT what I can say, is that there's no reason to upset our mother!!!!!:hug

Oh, RATS! Just what Nobody needs right now. Hope that's the last of it.

OK, jumping in the car to drive now. My cousin called and now they are not coming. Apparently my aunt's PCP cleared her, but she didn't see the cardiologist until about 5:30 tonight after she started to get more chest pains and he did a chemical stress test and was not able to get good results. So he said he wanted to repeat the test tomorrow and if he still couldn't get results would have to do a catheterization and my aunt said to just do the catheterization. My cousin doen't feel comfortable now coming with that situation and I completely understand that. So she's staying back with her sister, but her sister's kids are still coming. Their arrangements will still work out. So let me just ask for continued prayers :hug :hug :hug

Oh NO!!!!! Will be keeping her in my prayers. :hug :hug

I went out to dinner with my parents once. I was probably 16 or so. Had long hair then too. I was wearing a white shirt. I ordered chicken cacciatore (funny I remember what I had) I leaned forward a bit to eat it so as to not frip on my white shirt. Well unknown to me the tip of my hair were getting in my saucce. So whenI was done and sat straight, 2 red lines of sauce down the front of my white shirt! :lol That was my aha! I'll never wear white when near food again moment.

That sounds like me! I hate wearing white, because something ALWAYS gets on it, even when I'm not eating.

Another bruiser to join the club! :clap

Count me in on the Bruiser Club. I'm always sporting bruises that I don't know where they came from.

DMV sends a mobile unit to out town on fridays. I'm going to turn in Martons plates today. It's been an ordeal this morning. First, I cant find his registration. I don't know if I need it. Then I look at the bolt to see the size wrench I need, go to get a cool tool he has but cant find the connector for the tool to connect the socket to the handle, can't find the top tray of his tool box with all the small wrenches, get one bolt (screw type) off the back, the other one is spinning the nylon nut with it. I DID find the wd-40, theyre real rusty nuts n bolts. Gave em all a good spray. One of the front ones let loose with a pair of pliers but front and back are spinning. Have to see if the wd40 soaked in enough to get them off. Then back to the search for the reggy. :sigh what a pain!

Good luck with the plates and registration.

It's another hot and humid day here, too. Nothing on the calendar for today aside from all the normal Friday, end-of-the-week stuff.

I did NOT win anything in the Hoffman Challenge 2011 with my quilt and it is not among those that will be traveling. SIGH!!! :sigh I didn't realize how much I was hoping it would win something, until I didn't. Oh, well. :sigh There were an awful lot of entries so competition was really, really tough.

Hi ya peeps...

DS is coming over for lunch in an hour:faint Not sure why all this niceness:think ANywho: won't look a gift horse in the mouth.:)

Joanne, my dogs love ice...usually give them the entire ice cube.:)

Wrennie, when I turn in plates I never need the registration...unless because Marton passed, they may wan to know the particulars....I hope you get it all taken care of easily - after the WD40!

Hi, Marisa, Linda, Cindy and everyone!

Off I go again.

BBL

Linda, I'm sorry your quilt didn't win anything - judging is very subjective.

I would consider it practice for the next contest!

Hi all! Been a very LONG two days with doctor appts., work and chemo and work and just life in general.

I'll try to catch up tomorrow, in the evening. Have to go sit with the mama and log on to work again. Just didn't want you to think I had dropped off the face of the earth!

Miss you all!

Wrennie, hope you got the DMV stuff worked out.

Linda, sorry your quilt didn't win. I agree that the winners are somewhat dependent on the judges. Its still a winner in my book!:hug

My mom will be coming home from the hospital on Monday. She has no short term memory, so she will require 24 hour supervision. We are planning to care for her in her own home. The worst part of that for me is that it is a 4 to 5 hour drive each way. Only my one brother lives near them, and he seems to think that it will work out. He says he and his wife will just be there whenever the rest of us can't.

I'll be going there on Sunday night and staying until Wednesday afternoon. I'm kind of looking forward to spending some time with my mom outside of a hospital room.

Hi all,

Hot as you know what today!! 105 degrees/humid according to the thermometer in my car when I left Paradise!

Linda- I agree with what the others said- Judging is so very subjective. I love your quilt and I hope you get many years of enjoyment out it!!!!

Cindy- I'm glad that you will get to spend some time with your Mom outside of a hospital too- Prayers for her and your family!!!

Judy- Mmmm wonder what DS is up to? LOL

Marisa- Glad you made it to your parents safe and sound. And hopefully it was a drama-free day!

Toni- Glad you posted!!! I was wondering about you!

Julie, Cheeria, Tab- thinking about you guys!!! And LeAnna- anyone hear from her?

Off to get something to eat----

OH, before I forget---TGIF!!!!!

Hi Ladies. I just realized I haven't posted since last weekend...my how time flies when you're having fun - NOT. ;) It's been a rough week and things have settled down a bit. I don't want to go into all the details, but right now things are okay. The week started with DH noticing a definite change with his right eye - he now only has peripheral vision, which is the norm with macular degeneration. His left eye seems okay for now. That was the way the week started and went downhill from there...the parents, of course.

Enough about me - I hope to go back and catch up with you all. If not, I may start from here. :lol

Take care of yourselves. :manyheart I think I'll have a glass of wine!

I did NOT win anything in the Hoffman Challenge 2011 with my quilt and it is not among those that will be traveling. SIGH!!! :sigh I didn't realize how much I was hoping it would win something, until I didn't. Oh, well. :sigh There were an awful lot of entries so competition was really, really tough.

:hug Theres always next time.

and

:welcome to the bruiser club

Wrennie, when I turn in plates I never need the registration...unless because Marton passed, they may wan to know the particulars....I hope you get it all taken care of easily - after the WD40!

I found the registration. I went and sat in his truck thought "ok think like Marton where would you put it so you could get to it easily if pulled over" Then I leaned my head back to 'relax' my mind, and there it was in the visor staring at me.

Turns out that was all I needed to turn in the plates.

Wrennie, hope you got the DMV stuff worked out.

Linda, sorry your quilt didn't win. I agree that the winners are somewhat dependent on the judges. Its still a winner in my book!:hug

My mom will be coming home from the hospital on Monday. She has no short term memory, so she will require 24 hour supervision. We are planning to care for her in her own home. The worst part of that for me is that it is a 4 to 5 hour drive each way. Only my one brother lives near them, and he seems to think that it will work out. He says he and his wife will just be there whenever the rest of us can't.

I'll be going there on Sunday night and staying until Wednesday afternoon. I'm kind of looking forward to spending some time with my mom outside of a hospital room.

DMV stuff is done.

Sorry about moms memory. I hope the supervision works out well.:hug

Hi Ladies. I just realized I haven't posted since last weekend...my how time flies when you're having fun - NOT. ;) It's been a rough week and things have settled down a bit. I don't want to go into all the details, but right now things are okay. The week started with DH noticing a definite change with his right eye - he now only has peripheral vision, which is the norm with macular degeneration. His left eye seems okay for now. That was the way the week started and went downhill from there...the parents, of course.

Enough about me - I hope to go back and catch up with you all. If not, I may start from here. :lol

I hope this week is much better than last! :hug Aw heck have 2 glasses of wine, one for me!

I need tires (bad) for my truck so I rode along with my friend Kenne (pronounced the same as Kenny) and his, uhm, housemate I guess (long story) Donna to DMV yesterday.

First I still couldn't get the plates off the truck.:irk So Kenne was working on the front one, getting aggravated, he finally just took the whole plate bracket off and snipped the plate around the bolts and slid it out. In the meantime the wd40 had gotten in enough with my screwing with it, that I got the back one off.:applause

Well, the bus comes every other friday. I just assumed they knew that and didn't check, so no bus at town hall. We went to Margaretville DMV. Its actually in the next county but is nicer and a bit closer than the one in Kingston. ((Is everyone on googlemap now?? )) By the time we got back it was about noon. It was a welcome 'waste' of the day since I was stuck home the day before too. So Kenne drops me off, goes to one of his caretaking jobs, says I'll call ya later.

I came in & putzed around, next thing ya know, theres Kenne at my door with a bagful of zucchini for me & Donna(my co-worker) I tell ya its gotta be close to 8 lbs of squash! She may come by today to get some. I'm craving fried zucchini now. yum-o.

So we went down to the stream and took a dip. Its nice to be able to cool off by just walking down the road and jumping in the water. I wont go down alone, I'm a klutz and theres alot of loose stone, Dont want to fall and be stuck down there alone.

So all in all it was a very well distracted day. Nice for a change.

As for my tires My brother got them for me, he bartered for them so I don't have to pay. He should (better:tryme!) be here today with them.

Good morning, my friends. Another hot one. I'm going to run some errands, do a little shopping, have lunch out with Rosie, and just relax. Watch some TV and crochet later in the day.

I'm glad that your mom is finally getting to come home. Hope you have a good time with her.

:hug :hug :hug Hope the weekend goes better.

Thanks for all the kind words on my quilt. I'm okay with it. As Rosie said, now I get it back to enjoy and without have to worry about it for a year while it travels. I'm looking forward to seeing what the judges comments on it are. That should help in going forward with my future quilts. And as was said the judging is very, very subjective no matter how hard they try to be objective. I already have some ideas for a quilt for next time. :lol :lol

Hope things improve and sorry to hear about DH's eye! Hope the wine helped---:hug:hug:hug

:hug Theres always next time.

and

:welcome to the bruiser club

I found the registration. I went and sat in his truck thought "ok think like Marton where would you put it so you could get to it easily if pulled over" Then I leaned my head back to 'relax' my mind, and there it was in the visor staring at me.

Turns out that was all I needed to turn in the plates.

I need tires (bad) for my truck so I rode along with my friend Kenne (pronounced the same as Kenny) and his, uhm, housemate I guess (long story) Donna to DMV yesterday.

First I still couldn't get the plates off the truck.:irk So Kenne was working on the front one, getting aggravated, he finally just took the whole plate bracket off and snipped the plate around the bolts and slid it out. In the meantime the wd40 had gotten in enough with my screwing with it, that I got the back one off.:applause

Well, the bus comes every other friday. I just assumed they knew that and didn't check, so no bus at town hall. We went to Margaretville DMV. Its actually in the next county but is nicer and a bit closer than the one in Kingston. ((Is everyone on googlemap now?? )) By the time we got back it was about noon. It was a welcome 'waste' of the day since I was stuck home the day before too. So Kenne drops me off, goes to one of his caretaking jobs, says I'll call ya later.

I came in & putzed around, next thing ya know, theres Kenne at my door with a bagful of zucchini for me & Donna(my co-worker) I tell ya its gotta be close to 8 lbs of squash! She may come by today to get some. I'm craving fried zucchini now. yum-o.

So we went down to the stream and took a dip. Its nice to be able to cool off by just walking down the road and jumping in the water. I wont go down alone, I'm a klutz and theres alot of loose stone, Dont want to fall and be stuck down there alone.

So all in all it was a very well distracted day. Nice for a change.

As for my tires My brother got them for me, he bartered for them so I don't have to pay. He should (better:tryme!) be here today with them.

Glad that the DMV stuff is all taken care of!!! Mmm zucchini is my favorite. DD's garden has lots--which reminds me to ask her for some!!! I like to just sautee zucchini with some olive oil and some onions. Now you've got me craving some:lol

Good thinking not to go to the stream alone for a dip- And I'm glad to her that you had a good day

:clap for the free tires!!!

Morning everyone!

I was up bright and early and got some housecleaning done (yuck) and then headed out early to Trader Joe's ( I knew that if I didn't go early, I wouldn't get there since the traffic on a hot Saturday in July going south on the Parkway is brutal. My timing was impeccable--no traffic!!! Got to TJ's just as they opened- did my shopping quickly and by the time I was back on the parkway heading north, the traffic going south was already almost bumper to bumper!!!

Hope you all have a good day- sending hugs and positive thoughts to everyone!

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Just making a quick pop in. Hope everyone stays nice and cool today..... its gonna be hot! :whew

Had a lovely belated birthday dinner last night at my moms! YUM. My mom is a great cook!!!!:D I gave her the dishcloths I made for her. She LOVED them.

post-18634-135897679911_thumb.jpg

She gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby. I LOVE her.

Today we're going to get back on cleaning. Remember we got the basement back together after my daughter moved out. Well.. baseball got heavy ... so the boys bedrooms and my craft room never got tended to. Summer ball is over and we have a little break until Fall ball......... so today will start the cleaning again. Today will just be Patrick's room. We're taking it slow so not to get annoyed by the distruction my daughter and her boys left behind.

okay... off to get a coffee refill.

Catch up more later.

have a great day!

OH.............. real quick. Cross your fingers for me if you would... I'm looking into the town clerk job here in our little town. Give me a little something to do and maybe a little extra fun $$$ I would super duper like to have the job.

love ya

:heart

:mug

Morning, peeps!

Tam, I love your cloths! Where did you get the patterns for them? I'm making a couple of facecloths for myself...

I'm sorry about all you're going through - and esp hubby's MD:hug....my sister has that in one eyes and since she;s basicallly a pragmatic person, she's dealing with it....

Off I go....Miss Lucy (she of the soon-to-be toothless mouth...LOL) finished her early lunch and needs supervision.

Hello everyone. Good day at work today, busy, which is how I like it.

Mary, sorry you've had such a bad week. Hope next week is better.

Tam, fingers crossed that you get the job. I think sometimes it's nice just to have someplace to go where you are not the mom, or the grandma or the wife, etc. It's not a bad thing to earn some extra money either!

And I like your dishcloths a lot.

I'm going to go to my parents house after work tomorrow to spend a few days caring for my mom. I am going to take some crochet projects with me, but I'm not sure what they will be yet. I could use new dishcloths, so I may go look for some good patterns for those. I have lots of cotton.

Hi all,

Cindy- safe travels tomorrow after work!! Cotton projects sound perfect for hot summer days!

My DD's came over (well 2 of the 3) and we watched the Yankees together --it was nice having them here. Middle DD just took her BF to the train since he has some work to get done for an upcoming art show and she is coming back here for dinner ---and to sleep over!!! Youngest DD just went home to play with Belle for a bit- and then is also coming back for dinner---but not sleepover. She said she was having some cramps today- I'm thinking Braxton hicks contractions. She is 11 days from her due date!!!!

I made a fish dishcloth and 4 coffee cup cozy's- it was an easy cotton kind of crocheting day.

Off to check on dinner....have a wonderful evening everyone!

It looks like lots of us are in dishcloth mode this week. I'm knitting mine. So far I've done Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock, and a "fishy wishy" is on the needles. I'm not doing so well at getting a picture. And for those of you who were at last week's meetup, the "tightie whities" will probably be next. My daughter is totally mortified at the thought of those, but I think they will be fun. Besides, she's moving out in a couple of weeks and won't see them anyway. Not that she would even know what to do with a dishcloth . . .

Have a good evening everybody.

It looks like lots of us are in dishcloth mode this week. I'm knitting mine. So far I've done Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock, and a "fishy wishy" is on the needles. I'm not doing so well at getting a picture. And for those of you who were at last week's meetup, the "tightie whities" will probably be next. My daughter is totally mortified at the thought of those, but I think they will be fun. Besides, she's moving out in a couple of weeks and won't see them anyway. Not that she would even know what to do with a dishcloth . . .

Have a good evening everybody.

:lol:lol:lol Oh, Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock and a "fishy wishy"- sound so cute!!! You are quite the talented one, Phyllis!!!

Can't wait to see the 'tightie whities"when they are done!!!!!!!!:yes

Archived