Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I'm going to go to my parents house after work tomorrow to spend a few days caring for my mom. I am going to take some crochet projects with me, but I'm not sure what they will be yet. I could use new dishcloths, so I may go look for some good patterns for those. I have lots of cotton.

I hope it all goes well, Cindy. :hug:hug:hug

Here are the hats and scarves that I made over the past few weeks for Kiyo's homeless project. These are all made from yarn leftover from other projects, or yarn given to me.

Wow! Great work!

And just for fun, here is the horse sculpture I mentioned seeing at Frederick Meijer Gardens. That is my youngest DD standing next to it.
I love the size comparison!

Joanne, it sounds like you had a great day...too bad the Yankees lost. It seems that usually happens after a blowout like last night's game.

We went out window shopping - I bought some makeup and we looked at refrigerators. Don't need one yet, but from what we've seen, the framed opening in our kitchen limits us to a traditional, smaller one.

Whatever...at least those are less expensive!

Have a good night, my friends:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All. I am so sorry for the MIA AGAIN. Everything I think I can get back into the swing of things something happens here. I fainted approximately 1 month ago & I fell hard. I had a coffee pot in my hand, so I woke up in shattered glass and frantic yelling all around. I hit my head on the kitchen door frame. I was very stubborn & refused to go to the ER directly but after 9 hours of spinning & a horribly sore rear I gave in. I suffered from a concussion, badly bruised elbow, and a fractured tailbone (or atleast they think cause an xray is a no-no). They cannot do anything for my rear so i'm still hurting.....it is painful to sit, come to a standing position, and lay down. I also still have a sore spot on my head and spinning when laying flat or moving my head too fast. I tried to update you from bed a couple days after, but my ipod ate the message so I got frustrated & gave up.

I also started my last two classes & that has been a struggle with my vertigo. I really think this baby is trying to kill me :lol, it must be a girl :xfin.

So, please know that I miss & think of you all often. :ghug

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Just making a quick pop in. Hope everyone stays nice and cool today..... its gonna be hot! :whew

Had a lovely belated birthday dinner last night at my moms! YUM. My mom is a great cook!!!!:D I gave her the dishcloths I made for her. She LOVED them.

[ATTACH]42589[/ATTACH]

OH.............. real quick. Cross your fingers for me if you would... I'm looking into the town clerk job here in our little town. Give me a little something to do and maybe a little extra fun $$$ I would super duper like to have the job.

love ya

:heart

:mug

Cute dishcloths! Where did you find the round pattern?

Good luck with the job!:xfin

Not that she would even know what to do with a dishcloth . . .

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Here are the hats and scarves that I made over the past few weeks for Kiyo's homeless project. These are all made from yarn leftover from other projects, or yarn given to me.

Very nice!

Hello All. I am so sorry for the MIA AGAIN. Everything I think I can get back into the swing of things something happens here. I fainted approximately 1 month ago & I fell hard. I had a coffee pot in my hand, so I woke up in shattered glass and frantic yelling all around. I hit my head on the kitchen door frame. I was very stubborn & refused to go to the ER directly but after 9 hours of spinning & a horribly sore rear I gave in. I suffered from a concussion, badly bruised elbow, and a fractured tailbone (or atleast they think cause an xray is a no-no). They cannot do anything for my rear so i'm still hurting.....it is painful to sit, come to a standing position, and lay down. I also still have a sore spot on my head and spinning when laying flat or moving my head too fast. I tried to update you from bed a couple days after, but my ipod ate the message so I got frustrated & gave up.

I also started my last two classes & that has been a struggle with my vertigo. I really think this baby is trying to kill me :lol, it must be a girl :xfin.

:eek Oh no! feel better quick!!

My DD is in labor--off to the hospital!!!

How exciting! Best wishes!

It looks like lots of us are in dishcloth mode this week. I'm knitting mine. So far I've done Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock, and a "fishy wishy" is on the needles. I'm not doing so well at getting a picture. And for those of you who were at last week's meetup, the "tightie whities" will probably be next. My daughter is totally mortified at the thought of those, but I think they will be fun. Besides, she's moving out in a couple of weeks and won't see them anyway. Not that she would even know what to do with a dishcloth . . .

Have a good evening everybody.

:rofl:rofl:rofl I used to think that about my dd too! Now she obsessive about cleaning!:eek The dishcloths sound adorable! I really love the knitted ones because of the designs. My mom makes them but I cannot knit to save my life!

Hello everyone. Good day at work today, busy, which is how I like it.

I'm going to go to my parents house after work tomorrow to spend a few days caring for my mom. I am going to take some crochet projects with me, but I'm not sure what they will be yet. I could use new dishcloths, so I may go look for some good patterns for those. I have lots of cotton.

Hope all goes well while your with your mom, my thoughts are with you:hug

Awesome!

And just for fun, here is the horse sculpture I mentioned seeing at Frederick Meijer Gardens. That is my youngest DD standing next to it.

Love that! It is enormous!

Oh My! Hope you start feeling better soon!:hugHopefully this baby will be all done causing trouble by the time he/she arrives!:lol

:cheer:danceHow exciting! Good luck!:hug

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!! Can't believe I've been up for 2 hours already and have managed to take a shower, do dishes, run a load of laundry, vacuum and straighten up the rest of the house! Now I can sit down with a :coffee and get caught up.

Went to my physical therapy appt Friday and only have 7 left! :cheer I still have a ways to go until my shoulder is completely better but it feels pretty darn good these days! Anyway came home after my appt and bf and I finished tiling the outdoor grill area, just need to grout it and it will be done! He cut all the tile and I laid it, took us about 6 hours but am really happy with the results! Need to repaint the inside a different color as well.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!:hug:manyheart

post-37453-135897680075_thumb.jpg

post-37453-135897680081_thumb.jpg

~D] Good Morning………..

Thank you all for the good luck wishes on the clerk job! Its not a big time job… but the little bit of cash it would give me would be fun. With Michael going into Jr High this year.. and David only having one more year left in the Elementary School.. I thought having a little job would be good. I even thought of applying at the High School for whatever is open. We’ll see……… J

Thanks so much for all the compliments on my dishcloths!

The pattern for the round one is on my blog ….. here

The pattern for the square one will be up soon!!!

Mary……. :hug :hug :hug

Oh Joanne………sounds like you had a nice day yesterday! Good for you sweetie!! Oh … the fun of a new baby! Praying for your daughter and an easy safe delivery!

Cindy… those hats and scarves are awesome!!! Whoa…….. that horse is BIG … very cool!

Trish………. That is one awesome outdoor grilling area! Love it!

Okay… washer calling.. and need a coffee refill……… bbl

Love ya all

Hiya, ladies!

Tam...the link for the round dishcloth came through with an error message....

:clap:cheer:clap

Holy, moly! Please take care of yourself!:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Went to my physical therapy appt Friday and only have 7 left! :cheer I still have a ways to go until my shoulder is completely better but it feels pretty darn good these days! Anyway came home after my appt and bf and I finished tiling the outdoor grill area, just need to grout it and it will be done! He cut all the tile and I laid it, took us about 6 hours but am really happy with the results! Need to repaint the inside a different color as well.

Greta news about the PT!! And I love that tile work...

BBL!

Hiya, ladies!

Tam...the link for the round dishcloth came through with an error message.... lets try again.......... :) Pattern

:clap:cheer:clap

Holy, moly! Please take care of yourself!:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Greta news about the PT!! And I love that tile work...

BBL!

Good day, everyone. Rosie and I spent a good bit of the day yesterday together. I ran errands this afternoon, too. It is sooooo hot and humid. YUCK!!!! Well I've gone from my BP being high to now it's low. Go figure. It was 98/62 this afternoon at the pharmacy. Don't have a clue as to what's going on with it.

Picked up fusible interfacing for the t-shirt quilt and batting for the Double Irish Chain quilt, so ready for the next step with both of them. I looked at the winners of the Hoffman Challenge and decided that my interpretation of the rules was way different from that of the judges, and that mine was way, way too simple a pattern. The winners were all very, very intricate. WOW! I do have at least one idea for a pattern for next year. I think I'll do a trial run of that this fall and see how I like it.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Just making a quick pop in. Hope everyone stays nice and cool today..... its gonna be hot! :whew

Had a lovely belated birthday dinner last night at my moms! YUM. My mom is a great cook!!!!:D I gave her the dishcloths I made for her. She LOVED them.

[ATTACH]42589[/ATTACH]

She gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby. I LOVE her.

Today we're going to get back on cleaning. Remember we got the basement back together after my daughter moved out. Well.. baseball got heavy ... so the boys bedrooms and my craft room never got tended to. Summer ball is over and we have a little break until Fall ball......... so today will start the cleaning again. Today will just be Patrick's room. We're taking it slow so not to get annoyed by the distruction my daughter and her boys left behind.

okay... off to get a coffee refill.

Catch up more later.

have a great day!

OH.............. real quick. Cross your fingers for me if you would... I'm looking into the town clerk job here in our little town. Give me a little something to do and maybe a little extra fun $$$ I would super duper like to have the job.

love ya

Good luck with the further cleaning up after your daughter's invasion. And good luck with the job hunting.

Those look great, Cindy!

Oh, MY!!! That is one big horse.

Oh, my goodness, Tabby. Please take it easy and be careful. :hug :hug :hug

Oh, good luck. Wishing you a short and easy delivery of a healthy baby. :hug :hug :hug

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!! Can't believe I've been up for 2 hours already and have managed to take a shower, do dishes, run a load of laundry, vacuum and straighten up the rest of the house! Now I can sit down with a :coffee and get caught up.

Trish, glad to hear that the shoulder is improving. The tiling looks wonderful.

Hi Ladies. :) I hope I get this posted before the power goes out again. The neighbors are having the same problem, so it must be the excessive heat and power overloads. I have DSL, so if the power is off, so are the phones!

Joanne ~ Sending hugs and good wishes for your DD and grandbaby today! :c9

Thank you all for the hugs and letting me share with you. Usually I can handle anything, but sometimes not so much. ;)

108* and the power is flickering again -

Hi Ladies. :) I hope I get this posted before the power goes out again. The neighbors are having the same problem, so it must be the excessive heat and power overloads. I have DSL, so if the power is off, so are the phones!

Joanne ~ Sending hugs and good wishes for your DD and grandbaby today! :c9

Thank you all for the hugs and letting me share with you. Usually I can handle anything, but sometimes not so much. ;)

108* and the power is flickering again -

We've had power reductions here since the 100+ temps hit...stinks, doesn't it?

I hope it's okay and you don't lose it completely.

'nite all:hug:manyheart:hug

I'm home from a long day--but a very exciting long day!!!

Ryan made his entrance into the world at 5:51 PM. He weighed 7lbs 8 oz- and is 19 1/2 inches long! Once DD started pushing, he was born in 13 minutes. It was getting to the pushing part that took so long!!

He is beautiful- and Mom, Dad and baby are all doing good.

It is just an incredible feeling to be a Grandma!:c9

Hi ladies, just a quick stop to say hello. I haave to go jump in the shower though. I havent stopped since i got here and today we re going to hersheypark :)

I didnt read anything since ive last been here, but hope to catch up tomorrow

Good morning, my friends. John left for the airport already, so it's Kim and I and the pets 'til he gets in Wednesday night. Not sure which day we're going to go get Kim's nails done.

:hug :hug :hug Being able to share helps so much. Feel free. :hug :hug :hug

Ryan made his entrance into the world at 5:51 PM. He weighed 7lbs 8 oz- and is 19 1/2 inches long! Once DD started pushing, he was born in 13 minutes. It was getting to the pushing part that took so long!!

Hooray!!!! :yay :yay :yay Congratulations!!!! :yay :yay :yay Welcome, Ryan!!! :yay :yay :yay

Joanne ~ Oh, there's nothing like seeing the brand new little one, is there? :c9 Congratulations to your whole family! :manyheart

Linda ~ Enjoy your few days with just "the girls!" How are Sweet Pea and Trouble?

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :) I have a dental appt. at 8:30 - what was I thinking when I scheduled this so early on a Monday? :lol

Have a good morning. :yes

Wow! Really nice!

:cheer:cheerCongratulations Grandma!! :hug

Well I have an appointment to get my tires put on this afternoon. I hate waiting all day but I couldn't really make an appointment till the tires were actually here and the shop isn't opened on weekends.

Maybe I'll get some weeding done this morning. That will take care of part of the wait.

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :) I have a dental appt. at 8:30 - what was I thinking when I scheduled this so early on a Monday? :lol

I prefer early appointments. Get 'em over with and have a whole day still ahead of me.

Linda ~ Enjoy your few days with just "the girls!" How are Sweet Pea and Trouble?

Trouble and Sweet Pea are fine.

I'll bet you were thinking on getting it out of the way and being able to have the rest of the day to be looking forward to afterwards on the dentist appointment. Hope it goes well. :hug :hug

Hi ladies

Long time, no post .

Just came in to read up on the past 10 pages or so of posts and catch up with you all.

Joanne !

SO happy Ryan is here and all are doing fine .Bet you cant wait to hold him again today !

Marisa

Have fun at Hershey park. I've never been there but I hear its a chocolate lover's dream.

Linda

Sorry your quilt didnt win,but as some of the others said, this one can be called a practice run for next year. Now that you could study the winners, read more on what the judges' criteria is, I KNOW next year's one will do better. We all know you have the talent and ability !

*And as for BP, mine has done the same . When they first found it, I was on 3 pills a day and not very controlled with that,but since ,it had been leveling off,but recent checks, it keps going down,(last reading 88/62 ),so they cut my bp meds in half,due to go back for a checkup in about a month .

Trish

Your tile job is very pretty and so glad your shoulder is doing well and almost done with therapy .

Hi Toni

How's life been treating you lately ?

Tab

Wow, be careful little missie ! Did they have any idea why it happened ? Hope you are doing better now.

Phyllis

Hi and welcome .I have heard your name mentioned before .Are you one of the new meetup ladies ? Hope you get the pic thing figured out.Would love to see your dishcloths.

Cindy

Glad you get to spend time with your mom this week. I hope she has a better week while you are with her .

Also,great job on all the hats and scarves .

Mary

Sorry your husband had a setback at the doc . Hope it is a long time til another one occurs.

Also sorry for all the family drama --that can really make a mess of things .

Tam

Beautiful dishcloths,and good luck on the job. Hope you get it and enjoy it .

Jude

How are you old pal ? I have a stupid question,but do pups lose their teeth same as kids,and get newer and bigger teeth ?

I am the world's worst expert on pets (AND geography ):think

As for life here, it has been crappy .Will try to do it like that guy on the fast talking commercials they had on years ago .

Car broke ,250 bucks

Truck broke ,100

No vacation because our vehicles are both undependable for long trips at this point .

Bad windstorm came through,no electric for 20 hours. Had to throw away a good portion of food .Also had to go down to plug in my nebulizer twice (at the ambulance garage.)They wanted to take me to ER,but I didnt want to spend any other money . It was 92 ,no air,no fans .Ended up going to a motel next town over so it'd be cool enough to breathe and use my neb machine .

Took care of Cam one day last week and he got the stomach flu,so 2 days later, I got it .

No sign of our girl and family,but finally last night Sam heard from her, (while i was laying down to keep from gagging) .I guess they spent time with her husbands family last week,but we hope to see them this week once this flu is gone and we are sure Sam doesnt get it too .

SO............that's the shortened version of life in Hillbilly Village .

A big howdy to those I missed . Didnt have the gumption to read thru all the posts I missed... this nausea about puts me out of commission .

I'm trying to make a dishcloth today -- Tam's beautiful pictures were too tempting . Gotta keep my hands busy somehow .

Hi, ya folks!!

Hi, Jules - good to see you! I'm sorry about the roller coaster ride you've been on lately:hug

And yes...pups lose their teeth just like babies. Good thing, too, because their baby teeth are sharp as needles! I've found 5 - one she spit out when I was brushing her teeth (do that now so she's used to it for when it matters later on)

And Phyllis has joined us for meetups...I met her on the Heartmade Blessings group and she decided to join us:)

Congrats, my friend!:hug:manyheart:hug

Hi, Marisa, Mary, Wrennie, Linda and everyone.

BBL!

.:: Good Afternoon ::.

Well….. I have my new “hand-me-down” furniture from my mom… and boys is it nice! Made a new little crochet space in my basement until I can get my craft room back! (remember… it’s a step-by-step project after my daughters destruction. I got my 15yr olds room clean on Saturday… so one of the recliners I got from mom went in his room.

Today is a nice relaxing day with my new little craft spot. Later we will go to the Sr Legion baseball game! Gotta cheer them on! J

This is my new little spot…

As we keep working on the upstairs… I’ll get my craft room done… but until then… I will happily sit here! J

Still have to put the feet on the loveseat.... Need to find the special bit for the screws.

post-18634-13589768053_thumb.jpg

Judy... glad the link worked this time! Glad you found something else to play with on my blog too... heheheeee :hug

Julie......... hey sweetie! :hug and :heart to you! I sure hope today starts the week off better!

Joanne............ CONGRATS sweetie on that new grandbaby!!!

:hug... :heart and Prayers to you all!!!!!!

Hi Jude

Well another dog fact I can file away just in case we ever get one. I'd have to ask you lots of questions, because it'd be like living on another planet for me . I dont know their language or customs .

Tam

Love your new "space " . We all need one of those, dont we ? I place to chill out and do something relaxing . I noticed your coffee cup sitting there. That would definitely be something that you need in your space since you love coffee so much .

Archived