Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

Linda- It sure sounds like Kim was in a happy silly mood last evening! Nothing like laughter to end the day!!!

I'm up, on my 2nd cup of my favorite beverage and one load of laundry is in the dryer and one in the washer. I've got some catching up to do here before I head on over to DD's! How nice to not be going into work!!!

Tab- Sorry to hear about the fall- and glad that you (and baby to be) are ok. Take it easy and remember to rise s l o w l y!!!!

Cindy- Positive thoughts that Mom has another good day and that your Dad will soon be in rehab!!! Prayers and hugs coming your way!!!!

My DD is coming down tomorrow from Boston to meet her godson!!! I'm so excited to see her. The train should arrive around 2 and she'll stay until Sunday morning when she'll head back home!

Off I go to finish up around here with some dreaded cleaning and then head out to start the errands! Thankfully, the weather is good- sunny in the high 80's and not stifling humidity!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning peeps!

Well, had a long note all written, answered posts, getting back on the ball and POOF it was gone :sigh

Done that:yes

Jude, will be posting photos as soon as I get them out of the camera. That baby of your's is sure growing up fast!

Is't she??? I'm wondering if she's not going to take after mom...who was a smaller shepherd:eek

Beautiful pictures of Sparkie and Lucy, Judy. Wow! Is she ever growing fast.

Yup...she is...and she's suddenly having what I would call "big dog" moments - except for this AM when I had to put her in her crate for her own safety. She was running around so fast downstairs I was afraid she'd slide and hurt herself!

John called tonight as I was getting Kim ready for bed. She was sitting on the potty and started to laugh at him. She cracked me up. She was laughing, waving her arm around, then waving a little bear around, and laughing, laughing, laughing. At one point she kissed the phone. She'd listen a bit and then off she'd go on another laughing binge. She kept it up for 15 to 20 minutes. It was a hoot.

Have fun shopping and running errands for DD and family tomorrow, Joanne. :hug :hug :hug to all of them.

It sounds like Kim is feeling well, being that playful!:)

I'm up, on my 2nd cup of my favorite beverage and one load of laundry is in the dryer and one in the washer. I've got some catching up to do here before I head on over to DD's! How nice to not be going into work!!!

Off I go to finish up around here with some dreaded cleaning and then head out to start the errands! Thankfully, the weather is good- sunny in the high 80's and not stifling humidity!!!

Nothing like having a grandson waiting for you to make the chores get done a little faster;)

Enjoy...and be carful running around on those errands!

Good morning, ladies (and any gents who are lurking.) We're up and going a little early this morning. Kim's in a good mood. Her laughter last night was sooo infectious, and seeing all the gestures and faces she was making made it even more so. About half the time when John comes home from work in the evening she meets him with big kisses right off the bat. The other half of the time she dodges him, laughs, and makes him beg for them. And then pats him on the head when she finally gives in.

We'll be going out to get her nails done this afternoon. And before or after that we'll go out to lunch.

Joanne, enjoy your time with Ryan and family. Enjoy your time on :c9.

Judy, our pups are 5 and 7 and they still act more like puppies than adults a lot of the time. I have a feeling the Lucy is going to after daddy size-wise, not mommy. But she is soooo gorgeous.

Cindy, hope your time with mom continues to be good. It's so very hard to see our parents slipping away from us. :hug :hug :hug

We become the eldest generation way before we are ready for that status. My mom is the last of her generation left in my family and now in a nursing home. :sigh Where does the time go? I'm not ready to be a senior citizen, but at most restaurants I already am. And I qualify for social security in 6 months! :eek

Yesterday was the last day of the July Charity CAL. I got a bunch accomplished. Will post pictures in a bit.

To everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day whatever is on your agenda. :manyheart

:hi all! Was going to work late but had connection issues and got frustrated and just put in my time and logged off. Thought I'd check in here before lunch and nap :D

Good morning!

I'm sure they appreciate all you are doing and your reward, that sweet baby Ryan and holding him and nuzzling him and.....

My DD is coming down tomorrow from Boston to meet her godson!!! I'm so excited to see her. The train should arrive around 2 and she'll stay until Sunday morning when she'll head back home!

You must be in heaven having all your family there!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Good morning, ladies (and any gents who are lurking.) We're up and going a little early this morning. Kim's in a good mood. Her laughter last night was sooo infectious, and seeing all the gestures and faces she was making made it even more so. About half the time when John comes home from work in the evening she meets him with big kisses right off the bat. The other half of the time she dodges him, laughs, and makes him beg for them. And then pats him on the head when she finally gives in.

:ty for your descriptions of Kim and her laughter. It really made me smile, so infectious here too!

We'll be going out to get her nails done this afternoon. And before or after that we'll go out to lunch.

Sounds like a great day out! Enjoy!

Joanne, enjoy your time with Ryan and family. Enjoy your time on :c9.

We become the eldest generation way before we are ready for that status. My mom is the last of her generation left in my family and now in a nursing home. :sigh Where does the time go? I'm not ready to be a senior citizen, but at most restaurants I already am. And I qualify for social security in 6 months! :eek

Unfortunately, time has a way of sneaking up on us. I don't FEEL my age, until I look in the mirror! :eek who is that staring back at me. :rofl

To everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day whatever is on your agenda. :manyheart

To everyone I haven't answered here, I didn't go back past yesterday, just to much to catch up on. But know you are in my thoughts and prayers and :hug:hug:hug

:sun .::Good Afternoon::.

How is everyone today? Got busy gettin’ some things done around the house before I sit on here and spend the day crocheting. Thank you so much for all the sweet compliments on my dishcloths.

Well………….Patrick decided to go for it and go to the try outs. He did fantastic. When it was all over… we were packing up and Patrick went to shake the two coaches hands and tell them thanks… One coach said… “Dude… your off speed pitching is electric” The other coach said…. “man….. your slider was wicked” So needless to say… Patrick road home last night with the biggest smile on is tired little face!

Thank you all for the sweet comments … love and thoughts for Patrick!

I’m off to the post office today to mail a few friendship squares and a gift…. So while I’m in town I’m going to talk further with the town mayor about the clerk job.

OmGosh Judy... those pics are dorable!

Julie... hows the cotton crochetin going?

Joanne........ enjoy your day dear!

Toni... :hug :hug :hug

Linda.......... My goodness honey... what a day you have planned! Cant wait to see your pics of your projects!!!

Okay… off to get more coffee! Then get my mail ready!

Have a great day everyone!

:heart

:mug

Hi all

I had an awesome day- did lots of errands for DD- did some laundry- straightening up at her place and of course snuggles with Ryan! they gave him his first bath today- well really not a bath- since he can't get all wet , but sponged him down and then washed his hair- they were like old pros! It was truly a wonderful day!!!

Now, I'm ready to get in a little hooky time-

Hugs to all!

Morning all! :coffee is ready and waiting. Thermostat batteries fixed the AC problem, so all is well with the world :lol

Got up early to let neighbor dogs out, will go shortly to let them back in. Then work late (meeting), go to store, go let neighbors dogs out while I fix their supper, let them out again and then back home to fix suppper.

Have a great day, don't work, play or whatever you have planned for the day, too hard :lol

:hug :hug :hug:heart :heart :heart

Good morning!

I woke up very early this morning- and finally convinced myself that it was too early and went back to bed- and woke up around 7:30.

Can't wait to see my oldest DD this afternoon!!! Going over to see the baby in a little bit- but first have to run to Kohl's to return a duplicate gift that they got.

Hope you all have a good day---and Toni- glad that the thermostat battery did the trick for your AC!!!

Good morning all. It's overcast today. I think it's calling for rain at some point every day for the next week. John got home at 9:30 last night.

Toni, glad that all it took to fix the AC was batteries. Enjoy the cool inside today.

Joane, enjoy your time with Ryan and your daughters.

Everyone else, hope that today goes smoothly for all of you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. :hug :hug

Hi, ladies!

Tam, those coaches sound like they're worth their weight in gold!

Toni - :yayfor AC!

Joanne...watching YOUR baby give HER baby a washing up....:c9

Hi, Linda, good that John is home you're not alone with Kim for too long. It's hard on you, I'm sure.:hug

Have to make some potato sald right now...BBL!

*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Good 'late' Morning House............

hope all is well with everyone! Its another hot one here today! :whew I'll be staying in and crocheting today! I have a baby blanket to finish ... some friendship squares to work on ... and 3 comfortghans.. and 3 matching SBT's to go with.

Patrick is still floating on :c9 over the compliments made by the coaches at the try outs! Now we just wait and see if they call him back for one last try out!

This could be a big deal for him.... it could be a big stepping stone in his aim to be in the major league some day. To be noticed now at his age... can mean a good start!

Even if he doesnt make this run... this wont be the end of him pursuing his dream. He will continue to practice and continue to try out.

well... coffee cup is gettin' low... need to refill it.

you all have a great day!

:heart

:mug

Tam----that is SOOOOO AWESOME for your son!!! ABSOLUTELY incredible for him to be looked at now!!! I was one of those that got "scouted" at a young age as well, nothing more cool. THEN when the BIG paper signing day came for my college days was even more crazy! I cried! lol

Hi all,

Tam- That IS awesome about Patrick- and yes, he should continue to pursue his dreams!!!

Kiyo- Did you get a scholarship for college from softball? How is Aree doing? Is her season over now.

Linda- Happy to hear that John is home again- gives you a little breather!

Judy- Yup- it was so surreal watching MY baby give HER baby a bath! Seems like yesterday I as giving HER her first bath!!

DD arrived- but an hour late!!! They hit traffic on the way down- so her trek was longer than normal- but like she said, at least she wasn't driving- she was on a bus!!! Then took the train to MetroPark- good thing I had some cotton yarn and hook so I made a few coffee cup cozies .

Waiting for DD to call to let us know when a good time to come over is. I told her if she wants to nap if Ryan is sleeping- we wouldn't want to disturb that- so we'll see if we even go over there tonight. DD said she's here till Sunday so whatever works best for her sister is fine with her!

Hey Joanne------I did get a scholarship- I went for a year and hated iT!!! Never have went back! Loved the sport but nothing else about any of it! (shhhhhhh) I shouldn't say that out loud! Aree has 1 more tournament next weekend for 3 days, so My Mom, Aree and I are going to take my parents trailer down and camp! I'm excited! It's hard to believe that our season is coming to an end, at first it seemed like forever. The summer has flown, it's amazing it's already almost Aug.

Joanne---it's also so funny to me to hear you talk about your DD being on a bus- do you know I have NO clue how to catch a bus to save my life?! lol We don't have those out here in the country! When I went to college, they had parking meters all over in the city and I had no clue how to use one of them either, I had to run into a store and ask someone. I am pretty sure they thought I had lost my mind! NOPE,.....just out here where you either walk or drive to where you need to go! OR.......thumb a ride lol

How cool to see the baby!!! I can't even imagine how it would be to watch daughter and daughter......I dread that day----cuz my baby is growing up so fast!! And.....I would love to have at least one more but I'm convinced I am going to be by myself lol.

Hello everyone. I'm exhausted so just a quick check in. I worked today, and I didn't get much sleep while with my mom, becasue I was afraid she'd get up and fall. Last night we had bad thunderstorms all night, so it was hard to sleep through the noise. Hopefully tonight is quieter.

Tam, WTG to Patrick. I don't blame him for being excited.

Judy. great pictures of your furbabies. Lucy is sure getting big!

Joanne, sounds like your time with Ryan is so precious to you. Is DD recovering well?

My time with my mom was bittersweet. She is extremely confused, although she knows us all by name. Once in a while she makes a very lucid comment, but mostly she just sits in a recliner and stares into space. She doesn't even always answer when you speak to her. No results from the brain biopsy either.

My dad was off the ventilator as of this morning, but was just barely holding his own, so they had to put him back on. Not sure how this will end up.

Hi all.

I am officially starting my second trimester today & I am SO excited since this is the time i'm suppose to be feeling better and energized. :cheer Hopefully it doesn't wait weeks to change. ;)

Judy~The doggies look so cute & happy sitting by the window. :manyheart We recently rescued a kitten that would have been a stray & he is quite a handful.....it's giving me practice for a baby because he bites our toes at 5 a.m. until we feed him. :lol

Joanne~How is baby Ryan? Any pictures? I bet he's a cutie. :manyheart

I only skimmed the posts so for anyone going through tough times know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones. :hug

As far as crocheting I did start an afghan that will be colorful so it can be used for either; it will be made from 4 large grannies and 33 smaller ones.:hook:yarn And I never did get Lily's dress pictures posted so let me see if I can find one quick. :yes I guess I never got finished pictures :( but here are some when it was almost done. It only needed one more strap at this point.

post-5371-135897681735_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897681739_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897681742_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897682004_thumb.jpg

We're on baby watch!!! Grandson's wife is starting to dilate and we know second babies come faster than first, at least that was my experience. Grandson has been texting me :lol They saw dr. and he sent them home and said he'd see them Wednesday, I bet it will be sooner than that!

Tam, that is so awesome for Patrick. I'm so happy for him.

Kiyo, shhhhhh don't say that to loud, Aree might hear :lol

Joanne, I'm so happy and blessed that all the AC needed was thermostat batteries. Been nice and cool today :yes:yay

You sure are having fun being a grandma! And, you got hooking time in while waiting, good for you!

Cindy, :hug :hug :hug to you and prayers for your family. It is so hard when our parents get to their winter stage of their lives.

Tab, :yay 2nd trimester! Hoping your energy level returns soon. Really cute dress.

Well, have fed neighbors dogs and let them out, text with my granson, caught up a bit here, so guess it's time to sit and crochet after a couple more threads.

Y'all have a good night! See you in the morning!

We're on baby watch!!! Grandson's wife is starting to dilate and we know second babies come faster than first, at least that was my experience. Grandson has been texting me :lol They saw dr. and he sent them home and said he'd see them Wednesday, I bet it will be sooner than that!

:clap:cheer:clap

Morning!!!

:yay for baby watch Toni!!!!! Have grandson take her for a walk---;) That seemed to do the trick for my DD!!!

Cindy-:hug for you- I know how hard it is to watch your parents health failing. I'm glad that you got to spend some time with your Mom- and that she knew you were there!

Tab:clap for second trimester!!! And hopefully more energy:yay Ryan is doing good- had his first shot yesterday!! DD is starting to feel the effects of what it is truly like to be sleep-deprived!!! Like I told her --Welcome to motherhood!!!

I think I'm going to take my car for an oil change since my oldest probably won't wake up till around 9 anyway!! We won't head over to see Ryan until we get a call---I don't want to disturb any sleep that they may be able to sneak in!!

Have a good day everyone!!!

Joanne---it's also so funny to me to hear you talk about your DD being on a bus- do you know I have NO clue how to catch a bus to save my life?! lol We don't have those out here in the country! When I went to college, they had parking meters all over in the city and I had no clue how to use one of them either, I had to run into a store and ask someone. I am pretty sure they thought I had lost my mind! NOPE,.....just out here where you either walk or drive to where you need to go! OR.......thumb a ride lol

How cool to see the baby!!! I can't even imagine how it would be to watch daughter and daughter......I dread that day----cuz my baby is growing up so fast!! And.....I would love to have at least one more but I'm convinced I am going to be by myself lol.

:lol I grew up in the "burbs" as they say- walk, ride a bike or drive a car wherever you go! My DD's did too. But I must say- the two oldest are pros at mass transportation!! My oldest hates to drive- even though she has her driver's license- she just doesn't like it. So that is why she ended up living in Boston- she wanted to be in a city where you don't HAVE to drive. My middle DD has a car- but she did without one for a few years- and also opted to live in a city environment for the same reason- hop a bus/train to get where you are going. My youngest is like me- we drive everywhere.

As far as watching daughter and her baby- it's the most amazing thing and is nothing to dread! It's truly amazing to see the circle of life in action!

Have a good day!

Hi ya, peeps!

Cindy, I'm so sorry you had to see your mom like that. At least she's in familiar surrounding. If I were there with you I'd give you the biggest:hug

Toni...how exciting to be waiting for a baby to arrive!:c9

Tab - here's hoping the 2nd trimester has you feeling better.:xfin

I love the bright colors you used...and the baby dress is sooooo precious!

....about driving vs public transportation:

I didn't learn to drive till I was in my mid 20's - and then only out of necessity.

Hubby had been transferred to St. Louis and he carpooled, leaving our car in the parking lot of our apartment complex, situated out in the burbs.

Frustrated at having to wait for him to take me everywhere, I signed up for driving lessons.

I grew up in Brooklyn and Queens, in NYC, so trains, buses - or my feet - got me wherever I needed to go. I loved walking everywhere, esp when I worked in Manhattan.

I still miss that convenience of walking wherever you want to go and not having to deal with a car - or idiot drivers.

'morning!

Just skimmed the posts. Everyone wo posted projects nice stuff. :cheer

Dog picture of them watching the neighbors grass being cut is too cute. Who knew a lawn mower was so interesting.

I stopped by my friends last night. He has 4 GSD's I'll have to see if I can get a picture some time. (You will notice theres a fence between us when I do)

I have a give away going on if anyone is interested. It's for a beach/park tote I did in a mystery cal. It's really cute but I'll never put it to use. So away it goes.

We finally have a date where we can 'borrow' a field to have Martons memorial celebration. Aug 13th. The reverend we want to get refers to native american beliefs alot. He would like that. He was very into anything 'indian'. My friend Jimmy is I think Cherokee (or is he navajo???) Anyway, when he heard the news he did his usual morning prayers and sent up smoke for Marton. I know he would be beside himself with gratitude for that.

Well off to work. A big wig is comiing today for a visit so I guess I have to behave. Oh well, every day can't be fun (till she leaves, heh- heh- heh)

Dog picture of them watching the neighbors grass being cut is too cute. Who knew a lawn mower was so interesting.Just like babies - and dogs are perpetual toddlers:lol

I stopped by my friends last night. He has 4 GSD's I'll have to see if I can get a picture some time. (You will notice theres a fence between us when I do)

I'd LOVE to see a picture!

I have a give away going on if anyone is interested. It's for a beach/park tote I did in a mystery cal. It's really cute but I'll never put it to use. So away it goes.

On a givaway thread?

We finally have a date where we can 'borrow' a field to have Martons memorial celebration. Aug 13th. The reverend we want to get refers to native american beliefs alot. He would like that. He was very into anything 'indian'. My friend Jimmy is I think Cherokee (or is he navajo???) Anyway, when he heard the news he did his usual morning prayers and sent up smoke for Marton. I know he would be beside himself with gratitude for that.

That's such a nice idea...:c9

Well off to work. A big wig is comiing today for a visit so I guess I have to behave. Oh well, every day can't be fun (till she leaves, heh- heh- heh)

Try and behave...I know how it goes - I'm the same way. It's hard to suppress our sense of fun, isn't it?

Archived