Our House Part Two

JulieKay

HI Mary,

Wow- you actually got to crochet today!!! You will get the evergreens quilt ghan done by Christmas!!

I'm getting very excited about being a Grandma!!! Tomorrow we're going over to DD and SIL's for a bar-b-que- she planned it last minute so I know she 's feeling great!!! I think I've made about 17 totes- and I'll still make more. I really enjoy the pattern and find to be very "stress busting"!!!! I'm working on the Heart Strings Tote now- but that involves paying attention and more counting than the Stash Buster Tote.....:lol:lol

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coffee is ready- I am wide awake and it's Sunday!!! A nice relaxing day planned.

Marisa- I just wanted to tell you another little story about Apple- :lol My oldest's laptop died (she had it since college) so she went to Apple of course and she told me that the "Apple guy" was awesome. :yes Even though she is not a student (she's 31) he gave her the student discount plus the $100 in I tunes gift card and since Apple is coming out with a new OS- Lion she can bring the Macbook in when it's released and they'll upgrade it. She was very pleased.

Thinking of all of you and wishing you all a wonderful day!!!

Now---it's coffee time!:hug

'morning, peeps!

I still haven't even looked at a hook....but I did knit a little last night. We've given Little Miss Lucy the freedom of the house on the lower level (with supervision) and she loves it. She also has been practicing her stair-climbing, so all the doors upstairs are shut. She must have gone up and down a half dozen times in 10 minutes yesterday! She's all ga-ga:lol:lol Kind of like when a toddler learns how to do something and they keep at it:D

DS is coming over for dinner today - beef stroganoff on the menu. Gotta kill the fatted calf for the prodigal, you know:lol

I hope eveyone has a nice day - sunny and warm again here...

BBL!

Good morning! We must have the same weather this morning, Joanne. It's lovely outside. I opened the windows wider, so that I could hear the birdies singing while I drink my coffee and write a note to all of you. My suitcase is packed, as is my travel crochet bag -- can't leave home without that :heehee. After breakfast, I will head-out, and I will be able to have dinner with Kyri and Annika tonight. It feels as though it has been forever since I saw them, though in reality it was just on the 2nd. This year, I am having a harder time leaving them than in the past -- odd :think.

Thank you for the kind wishes for DH's birthday. We had a very relaxing evening at home. Dinner turned out well, and, despite our new-found humidity, the frosting stayed on the cake. After we ate, he went his way to work on his car, and I went my own to work up a swatch for a top I want to make. Has anyone worked with the Bernat Baby Stretch yarn? I have the most lovely multi-colored skeins, and bunches of them, becuase I was working the yarn into a flow-y tank top. Well, I liked the lower half of the top, but the top half was waaaay to skimpy :blush. So, I have it in my mind to work a raglan-sleeved top that is *just* fitted enough to be a comfortable, weekend-style top to go with capris or jeans. We'll see :hook The nature of the yarn is not lending itself to 'draping' nicely at all. That's my head-scratcher of a project at the moment :P Fun, no?!?

Hi guys

quick jump in while I have a minute . Cam came in the mood to watch movies,so him and pap are watching Godzilla,one of the Japanese versions,with the writing on the bottom of the screen . He LOVES monster movies . I have a number of Japanese-language movies in my collection, but none of them involve monsters -- they give me the willies. Good for Cam that Mam and Pap are so wonderful :manyheart

Dusti

Tell your hubby Happy Birthday from the House Ladies --you always make such good sounding meals and desserts . Thank you :blushI love to cook, and I am lucky to have an adventursome hubby to eat my dishes.

Dusti- I just love reading your posts and I'm so happy that your eyes are ok!!! Oh, before I forget---:birthday to your DH!!! I'm sure he is going to love what you have made for his dinner and dessert!!!! You are the culinary queen!!! Enjoy the shower and dinner tonight!!! DD is feeling very good- and thankfully they have central AC in their home!! They are having a b-b-que tomorrow- last minute- so she must be feeling fine!!! I'm starting to get quite excited to welcome little Ryan into the family!!!
I can just imagine how anxious you are to meet, hold, cuddle and spoil Baby Ryan :manyheart I am SO glad to hear DD is feeling well. Enjoy your time at the BBQ this afternoon.

Hey ladies,

Just a quick stop to say hello. Been busy all day and not finished yet. Got in around 11 last night and the turtles are now set up and my dad knows how to clean the filter.

Gonna run for now, on my moms iPad which isn't the easiest for typing.

Glad you made it alright, Marisa. I hope your turtles stay PUT in their tank and behave while your dad is on duty ;). Have a good weekend!

Dusti ~ Your trip sounds like it was wonderful! You win the prize for the most crocheting lately.:hook Happy Birthday to your DH!:cake

I actually crocheted today! Remember the Evergreens quilt ghan I started in Jan or Feb? :blush I've made two thirds of the squares and joined a little over half of the ghan. :hook Maybe it will be finished by Christmas. :lol

Well, I still have not downloaded the pictures of my projects from the camera to share with all of you. That is something I am going to have to do, once I get back home on Wednesday :yes

Oooh, you are working on your quilt-ghan. That's fabulous :yay Of course I remember it. I have the pattern here, and it catches my eye every-now-and-then. I would really like to have one worked up for our house for Christmas. Not THIS Christmas, I can guarantee you that, but SOME Christmas, I think it would be perfect :lol It sounds as though you are moving right along and completing a ton of saltines. Way to go :cheer

Good Day to the rest of you, too. DH just came in from the shop and asked if I was ready to eat, so I guess I am off. Have a good couple of days. I will try to pop in from my mum's house and say, "Hi," at least. Talk to you, later :)

Morning all! 8:30 and I slept in this morning! :yay Stayed with the mama yesterday so sister could go walk and get groceries. I crocheted, and we talked, well, she repeated the same things she told me last week and week before and....but, she wants me to make her a pair of socks! So will be busy making her a pair this week. Her oxygen saturation is very, very low so she gets confused easily.

Judy, glad you had such a good visit and Sparkie gets all those scratches. There are some days I don't pick up a hook either, rare but they happen.

Marisa, glad you and the turtles made it safe and sound. Just a few more days :yay

Cindy, sounds like a lot of work for the patio, but if it's going to make it useable, well worth the time and money to change it up. Hope you found something you liked at the home improvement store. I just love going in there!

Dusti, was the DH pleasantly surprised? How sweet of you and that cake sounds wonderful.

Yes, I craft when I'm at my mama's. Get her mail when it comes, read the sale ads, fix lunch if it gets late enough, make sure the potty is cleaned, etc. My sister is a saint for doing this 24/7 for her.

Yes, the handles and everything are done on the SBT, just waiting for the camera battery to charge to take photo and upload :)

Mary, I'm feeling good and got great sleep last night!

I have a gorgeous filet Christmas afghan that I started years and years ago. All it needs is the trim and it's complete. :think I'll pull it out and either add the trim or leave it the way it is and call it finished :lol The trim work is weaving red ribbon throughout and tying little bows. Thinking maybe crocheted "ribbon" would be more sensible than satin ribbon in my house.

Joanne, I know you're getting excited, we are around here awaiting the date for the ggs to be born. My dd, his mom that is staying with me, my youngest, will be heading to FL for a week or two to help out. It will be "C" section. Her first grand and of course my first great grand :eek that makes me sound really, really OLD :rofl

Judy, puppies are so much fun! I can just see Lucy going up and down the stairs so proud of herself. What time is dinner? YUM!

Wrennie, :hug :hug :hug I have Sciatica and understand the pain you are feeling. Glad you were able to sew some ami's together. Hope today will be a better day and the flare-up will settle down.

Has anyone heard from Tam? I'm worried because she hasn't been on since the day before her birthday.

Off to catch up on some other threads. Have a great day house!!!!

Good morning everyone.

We never did make it to the home improvement store yesterday., Oh well, its too hot outside to work on the patio anyhow!

We went to church this morning and now we are home relaxing. Ds is still here but he will be leaving for home (Detroit) soon. DD is sleeping as she has to work tonight. I will likely alternate knitting and reading this afternoon.

Good morning! We must have the same weather this morning, Joanne. It's lovely outside. We have nice temps- but the humidity- well, I just don't like THAT very much. No opening windows here- Central AC, Baby!!!!!;) I opened the windows wider, so that I could hear the birdies singing while I drink my coffee and write a note to all of you. My suitcase is packed, as is my travel crochet bag -- can't leave home without that :heehee. After breakfast, I will head-out, and I will be able to have dinner with Kyri and Annika tonight. It feels as though it has been forever since I saw them, though in reality it was just on the 2nd. This year, I am having a harder time leaving them than in the past -- odd :think.

Thank you for the kind wishes for DH's birthday. We had a very relaxing evening at home. Dinner turned out well, and, despite our new-found humidity, the frosting stayed on the cake. After we ate, he went his way to work on his car, and I went my own to work up a swatch for a top I want to make. Has anyone worked with the Bernat Baby Stretch yarn? I have the most lovely multi-colored skeins, and bunches of them, becuase I was working the yarn into a flow-y tank top. Well, I liked the lower half of the top, but the top half was waaaay to skimpy :blush. So, I have it in my mind to work a raglan-sleeved top that is *just* fitted enough to be a comfortable, weekend-style top to go with capris or jeans. We'll see :hook The nature of the yarn is not lending itself to 'draping' nicely at all. That's my head-scratcher of a project at the moment :P Fun, no?!? Doesn't sound fun to me at all!!!:lol

I can just imagine how anxious you are to meet, hold, cuddle and spoil Baby Ryan :manyheart I am SO glad to hear DD is feeling well. Enjoy your time at the BBQ this afternoon.

:)

Thanks and safe travels to you!!! Enjoy re-uniting with your beautiful DD's!!!

Worked on sewing together some ami's yesterday. Didn't do anything in the garden Sciaticas been killing me since friday morning.

:hug:hug:hug Hope it starts to feel better really soon!!

Morning all! 8:30 and I slept in this morning! :yay Stayed with the mama yesterday so sister could go walk and get groceries. I crocheted, and we talked, well, she repeated the same things she told me last week and week before and....but, she wants me to make her a pair of socks! So will be busy making her a pair this week. Her oxygen saturation is very, very low so she gets confused easily.

Yes, I craft when I'm at my mama's. Get her mail when it comes, read the sale ads, fix lunch if it gets late enough, make sure the potty is cleaned, etc. My sister is a saint for doing this 24/7 for her. She sure is. It is not easy being the primary care-giver. At least now you are able to give her a break on Saturday's!!! :hug

Yes, the handles and everything are done on the SBT, just waiting for the camera battery to charge to take photo and upload :) Can't wait to see it!

Mary, I'm feeling good and got great sleep last night! :clap:clap

I have a gorgeous filet Christmas afghan that I started years and years ago. All it needs is the trim and it's complete. :think I'll pull it out and either add the trim or leave it the way it is and call it finished :lol The trim work is weaving red ribbon throughout and tying little bows. Thinking maybe crocheted "ribbon" would be more sensible than satin ribbon in my house.If it were me, I'd probably leave it as is and call it finished!!! And I agree, crocheted ribbon might be the better option!

Joanne, I know you're getting excited, we are around here awaiting the date for the ggs to be born. My dd, his mom that is staying with me, my youngest, will be heading to FL for a week or two to help out. It will be "C" section. Her first grand and of course my first great grand :eek that makes me sound really, really OLD :rofl You know what they say- age is only a state of mind!!! In my mind I'm still in my 30's!!;)

Has anyone heard from Tam? I'm worried because she hasn't been on since the day before her birthday.

Off to catch up on some other threads. Have a great day house!!!!

I was wondering about Tam too- I hope Ken is ok!!!

Good morning everyone.

We never did make it to the home improvement store yesterday., Oh well, its too hot outside to work on the patio anyhow!

I agree- too hot here to sit on the deck--except for early morning with my coffee! It was quite pleasant this morning- but then again, I was out there around 6-6:30 AM!!!:lol

We went to church this morning and now we are home relaxing. Ds is still here but he will be leaving for home (Detroit) soon. DD is sleeping as she has to work tonight. I will likely alternate knitting and reading this afternoon.

Enjoy a nice relaxing day!!

Judy- Your beef stroganoff sounds delicious!!! Don't know what we're having- I'm guessing burgers and dogs! I asked if I could bring anything and she said just bring the tortilla chips and Pineapple Salsa - doesn't get easier than that!!!

Good Afternoon, Ladies. :)

Wrennie ~ :hugSending you hugs and hope you feel much better soon. :hug

Dusti ~ Have a wonderful trip! I haven't tried that yarn before, but I know you'll figure out the perfect project. :yes

Judy ~ Your "Lucy and the stairs" story is too cute. Gracie took forever to figure them out...her legs are only about 5 inches long. :lol Your dinner sounds yummy!

Toni ~ A great grandma! When is the little one expected to arrive? I'm glad you are able to see your mom more now that you can drive. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Wow! 17 totes so far is incredible. :clap That's great that your DD is feeling good - enjoy the BBQ. :)

Cindy ~ Have a good day with knitting and reading! We recently had tile laid over our concrete patio. It turned out great - could be a possibility. :think

I spent 4 hours cleaning the upstairs from top to bottom! It was mainly just dusting and vacuuming and going through things...it tends to get neglected up there. And who thought 2 inch wooden blinds needed to be in this whole house? :lol They take forever to dust. :eek

Have a good afternoon, everyone. :manyheart

Hi all, dd and I just finished watching Toy Story III on TV. Have clothes in washer and dryer and it's trying really hard to work up a rain outside. Haven't picked up crochet hook today, but it's calling my name, loudly.

Mary, baby should arrive around August 17th, we're waiting for the appt on the 21st to find out exact date.

Joanne, I think you're right about just calling it finished. I'll have to take a picture and show it to you all and see what you think. This was the first time I had been introduced to the reverse sc on the edges. Took me a bit to get used to them :lol If I can find it in the crappy room....

Ann, Cindy, Jude, July, Dusti, Marisa and all others have a wonderful evening!

Hi gang

uick drop in -- LOUSY breathing day,so not in the mood to jaw .

Will check in tomorrow if it's better .

:hug:hug:hug

Had a great time at the bar-b-que!! DD looks great!!! She's "all baby". From the back you can't even tell she's pregnant! We (she, I and her MIL) put some things away in Ryan's room- she had 2 more showers (one from her ER friends where she used to work and one from her OR friends where she now works). Her new glider and ottoman were in the room now- oh, how comfy- much better than the rocking chairs I have. So needless to say she isn't taking one of my rockers- but can't say as I blame her!!

The Yankees won again- and the Ladies US Soccer game advanced to the World Cup semi finals!!! :clap:clap

Off to crochet for a bit- I started another Bubbles Baby blanket in two shades of blue. One of my co-workers is due in September and I know we'll be giving her a shower...

Have a good evening!

Anyone hear from Tam?

Hey ladies,

I'm back in philly now :whew I breezed through the posts. I'll be more and more sparse and impersonal in my posting as time goes on here, so I appologize upfront :blush I will be in here daily of course, but just need to trim down the amount of time I sit here :lol Too much to get done in so little time. Anyways, we went to staples today and picked up some office supplies at great deals. If you need anything, you should go too :yes They have reams of paper for 25 cents after the rebate :D Limit 2 reams per person and 2 rebates per household. My parents and I went to 2 different staples and got 2 reams each at both and have 3 houses to send the rebates for :think Then they had a pack of pens for a penny with any $5 purchase (limit 2) and sharpie markers for a dollar.....we made out with a bunch of stuff :yay

Joanne - awesome for dd :yay I do believe I'm being converted :rofl I wonder if the medical software I'm looking at would run on mac :think I just may have to look into it

Julie - hope your feeling better

To everyone, thank you dearly and I love you gals :manyheart

Judy, Joanne, and Cheeria - are we meeting at the same time on saturday? I know we had discussede lunch so just wanted to check in :think:hug

Hey ladies,

I'm back in philly now :whew I breezed through the posts. I'll be more and more sparse and impersonal in my posting as time goes on here, so I appologize upfront :blush I will be in here daily of course, but just need to trim down the amount of time I sit here :lol Too much to get done in so little time. Anyways, we went to staples today and picked up some office supplies at great deals. If you need anything, you should go too :yes They have reams of paper for 25 cents after the rebate :D Limit 2 reams per person and 2 rebates per household. My parents and I went to 2 different staples and got 2 reams each at both and have 3 houses to send the rebates for :think Then they had a pack of pens for a penny with any $5 purchase (limit 2) and sharpie markers for a dollar.....we made out with a bunch of stuff :yay

Joanne - awesome for dd :yay I do believe I'm being converted :rofl I wonder if the medical software I'm looking at would run on mac :think I just may have to look into it

Julie - hope your feeling better

To everyone, thank you dearly and I love you gals :manyheart

Judy, Joanne, and Cheeria - are we meeting at the same time on saturday? I know we had discussede lunch so just wanted to check in :think:hug

Marisa- Same time, same place :lol Judy can't do lunch since it's Phil's birthday and they'll be going out to dinner. Will Mary be coming? Oh, Phyllis joined the Ville--and I had run into her at the PO last week and she'll be coming Saturday too.

Know you have lots to do and it'll be great to see you one more time. I'm going to miss you at our meetups:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :coffee

At least I still get to enjoy my mornng coffee with you :D Nothing new to report. My crocheting will be quite minimum for a while :( This is my dreaded work week, so I'm really hoping it just goes by quickly :sigh And can hopefully get some packing done in the evenings :xfin

Joanne - thanks, my parents were asking about what time I'd be back. They're coming down, but a little later. My bro and family fly in just after midnight, so we'll nap before going to get them and then driving straight up to my parents then :lol

Have a wonderful day ladies

Morning all! Just a quick hello before I log on to work. Just glad I'm able to get on. Last night both dd and I lost signal in everything!!!! No cells, no computer (USB modem) no home phone, nothing and we both have different services from Verizon to AT&T. Was really strange.

Julie, hope you get to feeling better.

Marisa, glad you're back home safe and sound.

Joanne, can't believe you put out the lights and locked the doors to the house and then were the first one up this morning! Have a good day at Paradise.

I am so worried about Tam. I pray there is nothing wrong at her house.

Well, off to check my other thread and then log on to work. Y'all have a good day and I'll BBL

:hug:hug:hug Hope it starts to feel better really soon!!

It's better. Not gone but better.:hug

Wrennie ~ :hugSending you hugs and hope you feel much better soon. :hug

:hug

Hey ladies,

Why do I never find deals like those? :lol

We're getting audited today (unless thats changed again!) We've got it together, I think, so it should be fine.

BF's truck decided it doesn't want to start. He thinks maybe its the alternator. And mine was sputtering the other morning. I think I just need new plugs.

Seems they always need work at the same time :P At least he has a friend who works at the same place as him around the corner, so he has a ride to work. It's almost an hours drive. I can walk to work if I have too (and the sciatia isn't acting up) it's only 2 miles down the road.

Hi, ya, peeps.:)

Not muh going on here...need to go food shopping this AM, and do a couple of things around here, but that's it.

Marisa, yup - we'll see you Sat morning! I hope your week isn't too rough...:hug:manyheart:hug

Joanne, when my SIL (the trim looking one who was here last week) was carrying her youngest you couldn't tell she was pregnant from the back either! It sounds like such a wonderful nursery.... How much maternity leave will DD get?

Wrennie, and Jules, I hope this morning finds you feeling better:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart

About Tam - I checked and saw she was on late last night but hasn't posted since Thursday.:think

Hugs to you hon....we miss you:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Good Morning House. :)

Julie ~ Oh, I hope your breathing is better today. :hug Let us know how you're doing! :manyheart

Marisa ~ Yep, you have lots on your plate right now! Keep us posted on all your news when you can. :)

Wrennie ~ Glad you're feeling a little better. I hope the audit goes quickly and smoothly. :xfin Do we get to see your amis? :)

Toni ~ Mid August will be here before you know it! :c9 That is so exciting!

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :ghug

I made a management decision to stay here today. :lol Errands can wait till tomorrow. Pretty well caught up with things and may even get in some crochet time today.:hook

Hi gang

uick check in to give a shout out .

Marisa ,best wishes with your big move and new employment decisions !

Wrennie

Hope you are feeling better by now .

Hope all the meetup ladies have fun this weekend .

It was BLISTERING hot this morning, came home puffing like a steam engine,but am done outside,and now we are getting a gullywasher of a rain,which is good. Supposed to be a bad hot week here .

Not much else new to report --just wanted to shout out .

I sent a pm to Tam -- last day she posted was the 7th -- hope all is ok. Maybe she is just super busy or they had a surprise planned for her birthday .

Hope all is well .

Will check in later sometime .

Hi everyone. Busy, busy day at work and I'm tired. I'm home alone tonight, so I think it will end up being an early night for me.

It is still really hot here, and evidently there were severe thunderstorms this morning and lots of people are without electricity. I didn't notice a thing from the fifth floor at work.

Mary, I applaud your decision to stay home today. I love to stay at home and try to have at least one day each week without any running around. It's hard between work, church, family, errands, etc, but most weeks I manage.

Marisa, hope your busy work week goes by quickly. Have you found a place for your practice yet

Julie, and Wrennie, hope both of you are feeling better.

Hi all,

Long day in Paradise, because I wrote on my calendar at home that I was the late supervisor next week....when actually it is THIS week!!!! So I had to work till 5:30- even though I was at work by 7:15...it was MY mistake so what can you do? I was so annoyed with myself!!!

The rest of the week, I'll go in a little later in the morning so the days won't be so bad.

Hot/humid here today- and glad for AC at work and home!

Marisa- Glad that you'll still be able to come to the meet up even though you are going to have a very long Saturday!!! Good idea to take a nice nap before heading to the airport at midnight- and then a 2 hr trek to your parents house!!!!

Hope your day wasn't too terrible!!

Judy- The nursery is adorable. I'll have to remember to take a picture the next time I'm over there. The theme is dogs- and colors blue and brown. There's even a picture of Belle framed and hung and one of DD, SIL and Belle!!

Julie- Good thing you were out early- before the heat really set it. Hoping your breathing is doing ok!! Hugs!!1

Toni- That's weird about the no power/phone/usb, etc with two diff carriers but glad you were able to get on today. I wish it would storm here to break up the humidity a bit!

I saw that Tam was online but didn't post. I'm keeping her and family in my prayers!!!

Mary- Love the executive decision to stay home today. I love days like that and they don't seem to occur often enough--Did you get to crochet?

Cindy- I love being home alone- and it sounds perfect to call it an early night! Are you working again tomorrow?

Haven't seen a post from Linda either- at least I don't remember seeing one since Friday I think???

Wrennie- Glad to hear that your back is feeling better- and that the audit went well today.

Off to get something for dinner...I'm starving!!!

Archived