New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

Yarn Geek & Marisa

Thanks for sharing photos of your squares ! Looking good !

Hi Valerie

I think Marisa explained it well -- the ville is a big place ,so if you go to the main page, there is a huge message board there ,everthing broken down into categories.

There is a free pattern section ,there is a place to introduce yourself,etc .

Once you find you way around, it'll be easy !

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think there are three separate squares. It looks to me as though she photographed the two together, then did an up close shot of one of the squares.

I thought it was 3 of them cause the 2 on the left look like one color, but the close up pic was lighter! But then I had a lightbulb moment- and realized, the square color is "natural" so it's just the lighting in the pic! Silly me!

Hoping my yarn is here when I get home from work!

I thought it was 3 of them cause the 2 on the left look like one color, but the close up pic was lighter! But then I had a lightbulb moment- and realized, the square color is "natural" so it's just the lighting in the pic! Silly me!

Hoping my yarn is here when I get home from work!

Sorry to confuse you Joanne, but Nicolep was right. It's just 2 squares, I took the pic of both and then on just one to get a bit closer, hoping you'd be able to pick up the stitch pattern from it, but you still can't really see it on the dark color :( Plus I took the pics in 2 different spots :eek

I am still waiting on 2 skeins of yarn, but I do have the color for the first two, so I guess I will use it. I picked out my own colors, and I am using Michaels brand of bulky because it is on sale this week for less than $3.00 a skein. I better get the other two skeins soon or I will cry. a:eek:devil

I finally got my yarn today!!! And Yes, Judy- we're hanging out here too! I probably won't start the squares till Sunday when I 'm wide eyed and bushy tailed- I'm beat tonight after work and since I'm working tomorrow, I'm going to just relax when I get home. Don't want to mess this up---although the first 2 squares do look easy!!!

I finally got my yarn today!!! And Yes, Judy- we're hanging out here too! I probably won't start the squares till Sunday when I 'm wide eyed and bushy tailed- I'm beat tonight after work and since I'm working tomorrow, I'm going to just relax when I get home. Don't want to mess this up---although the first 2 squares do look easy!!!

They are easy - though I frogged the entire 2nd square because I trusted my faulty memory and chained too many to start:lol

Just using WW and 3 different colors...so mine is going to be a REAL mystery to me when done! I may have to play with numbers of squares, etc...

I wanted to do this CAL but really can't buy anymore yarn right now,so glad to see others are using WW. I have plenty of that! I guess I better do that gauge swatch thing THIS time or else right!? ;)

I decided to make two. One in as close to the colors they recommended and the other one in bright colors. I'll give it to my grandma if she wants it, or I will donate it some place, have quite a few options around here.

Here's my first squares. Mine is done in Aran and the other one is done in Lime, both Red Heart, I'm using a K hook.

Okay, I'm ready for wednesday now! :lol:hook

post-40103-135897578578_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897578581_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897578584_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897578588_thumb.jpg

I think I would like to join you all! :cheer I have a ton of Super Value, so I'm stashbusting. It will be nice to have a possible Christmas gift done when it's all over and an evening a week sounds do-able.

Be warned, I asked hubby to pick colors so it will be eye popping, don't say I didn't warn you. :lol

What is everyone working on the rest of the week?

I'd like to join in on this one as well. I've been planning tom make my ds an afghan for Christmas, and maybe this will be it. he recently moved into his first place, and he needs something to make it look a little more homey. I'll be using stash yarn, probably WW, since that's what I mostly have.

Softee chunky "A" color--using Taupe instead of Natural: Check

Size J hook: check

Printout: check

A big pot of green tea: check

Ready to start: CHECK!!

I'll let you know how it turns out :)

Archived