New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

very Pretty :cheer

Thank you

I tried to pick colors close to what the pattern called for, but in my stash I didn't have alot of one color, soooooo, I decided to use that varigated, have about 5 skeins, mostly full. Then I used aran for the natural, then I picked out greens (because I have 2 or 3 of some and 1 or 2 of others some of the names on the greens are medium sage, dark sage and I think I also have some light sage, I may have to use different shades), the same thing goes with my purples (I have lavendar and some other unknown named purples), then I have a topaz color in loops and threads (the only yarn I bought for this project) and then I found out I think it is warm brown is very similar. The second blanket I am doing in all bright colors, I used a bright green for the first clue, and I'm using a mixed varigaed for this clue, and other random bright colors, I have yellow, orange, pink, blue, purple (anything that matches with that varigated un-named color)

Edit: Now I don't know if the one color I bought for this project matches with my other choices :think

Here's pictures of my yarn

Love how the yarn all fits in that beautiful LARGE tote you received from Sue aka TurtleLvr!!! Perfect for this project!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love how the yarn all fits in that beautiful LARGE tote you received from Sue aka TurtleLvr!!! Perfect for this project!!!

Thanks, I was so surprised when I got it in the mail today, and I knew exactly what I wanted to put in it :yes

I also finished my clue #2 squares today. I found that I had to go back to the J hook for these to be the right size and they still ended up a just a touch bigger than the clue #1 squares.

Howdy all! I wanted to stop by quickly and post pictures of my four squares. I didn't manage to get pictures taken and posted of clue #1 so I did them both together this week.

[ATTACH]28073[/ATTACH]

Very pretty squares, I love that bright orange color, Can't wait to see your future squares.

I haven't crocheted any more today, so I only did about 3 rows on one square so far, planned on crocheting tonight, but got lost on the :computeand now I have to get ready to :sleep guess I'll crochet clue 2 squares tomorrow and post pictures.

I'm enjoying everyone's photos, thanks for taking the time to post. :cheer

I guess I should get mine up as well. Like Nicole, I never posted week one so week one and two are together. The colors I chose are on the left, DH's colors on the right. I better get the ends woven in tomorrow, don't want to wait too long and let it get out of control.

IMG_5598.jpg

Finished my 2 squares in lavender. Now to wait a week for the next clue!

Very pretty. Is that the lavender color?

I tried to pick colors close to what the pattern called for, but in my stash I didn't have alot of one color, soooooo, I decided to use that varigated, have about 5 skeins, mostly full. Then I used aran for the natural, then I picked out greens (because I have 2 or 3 of some and 1 or 2 of others some of the names on the greens are medium sage, dark sage and I think I also have some light sage, I may have to use different shades), the same thing goes with my purples (I have lavendar and some other unknown named purples), then I have a topaz color in loops and threads (the only yarn I bought for this project) and then I found out I think it is warm brown is very similar. The second blanket I am doing in all bright colors, I used a bright green for the first clue, and I'm using a mixed varigaed for this clue, and other random bright colors, I have yellow, orange, pink, blue, purple (anything that matches with that varigated un-named color)

Edit: Now I don't know if the one color I bought for this project matches with my other choices :think

Here's pictures of my yarn

I am not sure which one is the topaz, but the colors look good all together in that tote. I really like the greens and the purples together, and the sage-mary variegated combines all those colors. I tend to gravitate toward slightly subdued colors, and all your colors are very appealing to me.

Howdy all! I wanted to stop by quickly and post pictures of my four squares. I didn't manage to get pictures taken and posted of clue #1 so I did them both together this week.

[ATTACH]28073[/ATTACH]

the black and orange look good together. I don't think I remember what other colors youa re using.

I guess I should get mine up as well. Like Nicole, I never posted week one so week one and two are together. The colors I chose are on the left, DH's colors on the right. I better get the ends woven in tomorrow, don't want to wait too long and let it get out of control.

IMG_5598.jpg

Wow, two blankets. Nice work. So far I've left my ends unwoven for now. I am leaving long tails in the hopes that I can use them for sewing the squares together.

So I bit the bullet and ordered the yarn. I bought mine from Mary Maxim as I am a member of their "club" so I get another 10% off of the yarn. :clap Just went with their choices as they do go well with our thrift store couch!:lol Oh and I am using a K hook,just could not get gauge with the J. This ALWAYS happens to me no matter how loose I try to crochet! ;)

IMG_5598.jpg

very Pretty, Love the colors

I am not sure which one is the topaz, but the colors look good all together in that tote. I really like the greens and the purples together, and the sage-mary variegated combines all those colors. I tend to gravitate toward slightly subdued colors, and all your colors are very appealing to me.

The topaz is the brown color sitting on top in the second picture. Do you think it goes, or the afghan would look better in just the colors in the first picture?

The topaz is the brown color sitting on top in the second picture. Do you think it goes, or the afghan would look better in just the colors in the first picture?

I see what you mean now. I like the colors combination in the first picture better. (actually I love that combination of colors!:manyheart) I don't really think the topaz "goes" as well as the other colors either. If you wanted to add another color, I wonder you would be happier with some shade of gray. In your picture, some of those greens look like they have gray undertones, and purple and gray is always a winning combination. I always have a terrible time choosing colors, and it's really hard to decide when you don't know what the finished product will look like.

I'm having the same issue with the brown color in mine. It sort of "goes", but it's not quite the look I was after. I have gotten the impression from reading comments on the Bernat blog, that color E will be used for the border of the afghan as well as some squares, so now I don't want to use the bright green for that. I am planning to give this afghan to my ds who recently moved into his own place, and he generally likes darker more conservative colors. I think he would probably like the taupe, so I will probably just stick with it.

I see what you mean now. I like the colors combination in the first picture better. (actually I love that combination of colors!:manyheart) I don't really think the topaz "goes" as well as the other colors either. If you wanted to add another color, I wonder you would be happier with some shade of gray. In your picture, some of those greens look like they have gray undertones, and purple and gray is always a winning combination. I always have a terrible time choosing colors, and it's really hard to decide when you don't know what the finished product will look like.

I'm having the same issue with the brown color in mine. It sort of "goes", but it's not quite the look I was after. I have gotten the impression from reading comments on the Bernat blog, that color E will be used for the border of the afghan as well as some squares, so now I don't want to use the bright green for that. I am planning to give this afghan to my ds who recently moved into his own place, and he generally likes darker more conservative colors. I think he would probably like the taupe, so I will probably just stick with it.

I think I will just stick with the colors in the first picture, because they all blend in together. Thanks for your help, I didn't question it until I saw the pictures :heehee

Is the taupe the color you used for the first clue? I like that color. I think it would look good if you stick with the taupe, perfect for a guy :hug

I think the topaz will set it off some. Otherwise it may look too washed out and muted. Just my opinion! :)

I think I will just stick with the colors in the first picture, because they all blend in together.

Is the taupe the color you used for the first clue? I like that color. I think it would look good if you stick with the taupe, perfect for a guy :hug

No the taupe is kind of a light brown color. Its called honey, although it doesn't look like any honey I've ever seen.The color I used for the first clue is Vannas in Beige.

I think the topaz will set it off some. Otherwise it may look too washed out and muted. Just my opinion! :)

Thanks, I plan on going without the topaz, but of course, will ultimately decide as we go on with the clues. I do have some darker green and darker purple in there as well, so I'll just have to wait and see. :hug

I have to say that I do see this point of view. I tend to feel like everything should be matchy-matchy, which is why I am so lousy at making color decisions, and why I like the harmony of the greens and purples, all tied together with that great variegated. (probably also why I am having second, third and fourth thoughts about the "honey" in mine.)

No the taupe is kind of a light brown color. Its called honey, although it doesn't look like any honey I've ever seen.The color I used for the first clue is Vannas in Beige.

Was the taupe in the basket of colors in the picture or is that the brown your not sure of. I should have realized that the first color was too light to be taupe :oops

Was the taupe in the basket of colors in the picture or is that the brown your not sure of. I should have realized that the first color was too light to be taupe :oops

It was in that basket of colors, and it is very close to one of the shades in the variegated, so it will probably work out. I have a lot of it, so I'm hoping it does. I don't know what possessed me to buy 10 skeins of it. It must have been awfully cheap!

It was in that basket of colors, and it is very close to one of the shades in the variegated, so it will probably work out. I have a lot of it, so I'm hoping it does. I don't know what possessed me to buy 10 skeins of it. It must have been awfully cheap!

Oh, that was a nice color. I hope it works out too, since you have 10 skeins of it (maybe clearance :lol )

My finger is feeling better today... I took yesterday off from crochet... got both squares finished, now back to work on my pink ribbon pins for Breast Cancer Awareness month :)

If I can remember how to post pics, I'll put some up of both clues...we'll see how that works out :P

I finished Clue#1 last night!!! I used an "I" hook with the Bernat Softee Chunky yarn to get 8X8 squares!

I'm using an I hook also...I will post pics after I get them going. I only have the first week's squares done so far...you guys are making this a lot of fun!!!

:bang Ugh! I ended up redoing the first square for clue #2 five or six times before I got it the right size! I've been crocheting for over ten years, and I'm pretty sure I've got the basics down- don't know what the deal was.:think Okay, rant over.:lol

I'm using Bernat Softee Chunky with a K hook. Here's the pics of my progress so far.

post-33647-135897580879_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897580883_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897580887_thumb.jpg

Archived